What Internet Do You Have And Does lag cause problems for you?

What internet do you have and is lag a problem?

• 56K - dialup

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 64k-128k - IDSN

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 128k-256k - broadband

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 512k-3mb - broadband

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • 3mb-10mb - Boadband

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • 10mb+ - cable / ADSL2+

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • i DONT have lag problems often

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • i HAVE frequent lag problems which effect my playing ability

Votes: 22 31.0%

• Total voters

E.K.x

Prowler
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Pudding EKx Leash
Im sure everyone has had an experince with lag, old time PA used to be horrible.

So heres a myquestion, what net type do you have, speed ect (check your speed and post the results here from www.speedtest.net)

Also, does lag effect you while hunting, mining ect?

DISCUSS!

My speedtest results

165505880.png

even on my 100/100mbit connection in sweden MA seems to hate me and give me laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag...... ;)

messured 92 down and 89 up ;)

Singapore server:

but just see what happens to if I do in sweden

165524586.png

new zealand - sweeden

Speed test server 20 (says 50 but isn't) miles from my location. Washington state USA.

Speed test from Sweden:

I have Comcast Cable. Supposed to be 6000 down 386 up. I sometimes have a some lag issues but not to significant.

France/sweden

nice download speed Etopia

Germany/Sweden (AOL)

Québec/Sweden

Québec/Frankfurt

Concerning the lag, some is due to the fact I only have 1Gig ram and some has to come from the connection but in my case it's really the gfx card that is the issue (using a cheap one atm, the fans on the good one died on me and you cant just buy them in a store).

With the good card in I had all the details at max and hunting during big events was easily doable.

Last edited:

That was Sweden

And now New york

Napier is here

And last one.. Novosibirks

My isp is bredband2 in sweden and they kick ass.. and they also care about my digital rights etc and will never give out any info on me to anyone.. except if they get a courtorder :silly2:

Internet freedom ftw :D

No real major lagproblems, although my fap always lags but that is more like bad coding it seems like.

:yay: Server Frankfurt (Germany) :yay:

165572525.png

And Germany to Sweden

Last edited:
Jyvaskyla, Finland -> Malmö, Sweden

No problems with lag, even if I had 512 kbps adsl-connection.

legion, can u email me some internet speed?

you have far too much!

germany <-> sweden

not that bad... :)

My result:

Have no major lag :)

3,5 kb/s down
0.4 kb/s up
83 ms latency

Decent I guess.
However, my computer is a bit old, and MOST lag is on the client... Decent connection doesn't help with that. :(

EDIT: Hmm.. On next attempt (same server) I only had 48 ms latency. Up/Down seems stable though.

London - Sweden with 2.8 Mb broadband. Somethings really wrong here and it may explain why I lag so much and often miss 30% of my shots :scratch2:

lol I dont experience too much lag often so this suprised me lol

Pretty weak :(
Denver-sweden

odd change denver to frankfurt is much better download...

Last edited:
legion, can u email me some internet speed?

you have far too much!

get it yourself from bredband2.se :p and no i dont have enough.. i want more.. but i would need a dual raid setup in that case as my hd is my bottleneck nowadays :p

Actually, according to ripe.net (whois) and traceroute info, the servers appear to be hosted in Netherlands.
I think that people should be metering their bandwidth to NL, not Sweden.

On top of that, I bet raw bandwidth does not matter too much. Packet roundtrip time and packet loss is much more important for lag issues, missing shots, etc...

/jdegre.

Results to Kentucky (local-ish)

LocalSpeed.jpg

Results to Sweden:

SpeedSweden.jpg

Something is not right ... I have played a few times from here at (shhhh) work and I still get lag, can't understand why:

- 100 Mb line off a T3 (I believe)
- Intel Core2 2.4GHz
- 2 GB RAM
- NVidia Quadro FX PCIe 256 MB

not the best out there, obviously, but ... hmmm :scratch2:

Results to Kentucky (local-ish)

LocalSpeed.jpg

Results to Sweden:

SpeedSweden.jpg

Something is not right ... I have played a few times from here at (shhhh) work and I still get lag, can't understand why:

- 100 Mb line off a T3 (I believe)
- Intel Core2 2.4GHz
- 2 GB RAM
- NVidia Quadro FX PCIe 256 MB

not the best out there, obviously, but ... hmmm :scratch2:

it's probably due to that the isp your shhhworksshhh is using is using the crap piece of .... atlantic routes i had aswell.. i had greeeat pign until i got across the atlantic.. there it skydived.. so i guess your just on the other side of the same routers heh.

10+ Cable. Good ISP, but LOTS of lag. Especially in areas with other players or high concentration of MOBs. :mad:

It's not the ISP though. It's my PC. :ahh:
BARELY making the "minimum requirements" for EU. ;)
I'm hoping to upgrade from 256 to 1gb ram and processor from 988mhz (yeah, yeah :rolleyes: ...it's CLOSE ENOUGH to 1ghz to run smoothly when playing solo with no sound/streaming audio/minimal graphics) to 3ghz. :yay:

I'm considering bumping up the graphics card at the same time. :silly2:

After the upgrades I'll be able to socialize & actually keep up with teams! :wtg:

Sweden - Sweden (Malmo)

Sweden - Germany (Berlin)

But ppl, you should know that a part of the problem is in the Client.

On top of that, I bet raw bandwidth does not matter too much. Packet roundtrip time and packet loss is much more important for lag issues, missing shots, etc...
I agree, raw bandwidth doesn't matter that much unless some music or sounds are stream-played from servers for example. Now all the graphical stuff is at client-side, so are the sounds.

Back