Question: What the heck has happened to the sweat market?

iancampbell

Alpha
Society
Global Alliance
Christopher Chris Kinnison
OK. I have sweated for many hours, thinking that if I had a large-ish stock of the stuff I would have a reasonable pile of PED when I sold it and might actually be able to do something with the money instead of p***ing it away on fruitless hunting.

Now that I have 10k in stock, I have spent the better part of 3 days (about 2-3 hours per day) trying to sell it (and at a reasonable price too, with a bulk discount) and nary a sniff of interest, at any of about 5 locations.

This might sound like a whine, but it isn't meant to be. But why the heck aren't people buying? Is there some upcoming nerf I don't know about, or something like that?

At the moment, I have completely ground to a halt; about 3 ped worth of miscellaneous loot in storage (nothing in large enough amount for MU selling), no ammo for my weapons...

Don't say it. For RL reasons I can't afford to deposit. At all.

ok please use search.

Does there really need to be another What happened to the Market Thread.

USE SEARCH FIRST - and you will see how old these threads get

Lots of sweat available, at any street corner...:(

This time, it isn't a "why is sweat so cheap" thread - of which, I agree, there are too many. It's a "why isn't anyone buying at any price" thread. I am not the only one affected by this, either - there are several n00bs like me at PA that have been there the same amount of time I have, with the same result.

This time, it isn't a "why is sweat so cheap" thread - of which, I agree, there are too many. It's a "why isn't anyone buying at any price" thread. I am not the only one affected by this, either - there are several n00bs like me at PA that have been there the same amount of time I have, with the same result.

There is more sweat on the market than there is a need for. ME is a specialized market, the use of the average entropian is very small on a daily basis and only heavy use by those that are skilling in MF.

There seems to be more and more people sweating, some are using an exploit that gives them mobs that don't go dry and don't hurt them so they can put even more sweat on the market.

Because of the cost I have recently slowed down my MF skilling just a bit and am conserving my remaining 100K of ME in the hopes of using it in VU10, to see what the changes look like and really hoping some new MF tools are introduced! (I was using 10K to 20K of ME a day over the past 45 days, but now use less than 1K most days)

Market saturation due to legitimate and illigetimate reasons.

yup 10k sweat also in my storage as i could not afford to deposit right now but cannot sell it as there are no buyers so i am just on hold till the reallife economy straightens out and i can find work again and deposit

sweating sucks and its not worth being in the game if that is all there is to do

evenmy friends list is mostly off line most days so its not even a good social network like it was in past years

Well, then, maybe I'll just have to wait for VU10. With any luck, MA will remove the server-boundary exploit and the price of sweat will go up and help us n00bs. Incidentally, I know about that exploit and I am not using it. As well as that, I am one of the many using nea's as a sweating base; I was completely unaware that wild mobs in a LA need care and feeding (other than when making changes of course) and now that I do I will probably stop going there. Free peds are one thing; free peds at someone else's involuntary expense are quite another.

Something a bit tangential to this; personally, I think that those who complain about non-depositors parasitising the depositors should take a longer view. Why?

Quite simple. If a noob is sweating, he is doing something that does not benefit MA directly. Most of us non-depositors spend a lot of time doing stuff like that; walking for fruit, rocks and dung is another free activity. While we are doing that we are not doing stuff that makes MA money, such as mining, crafting or hunting. In other words, we are not feeding the PED sink represented by those activities.

Now; if sweat was more valuable (for example) the non-depositors would spend more time doing active things that feed the kitty. This has two effects on MA's profits and therefore on game development. One is obvious as already stated. The other is an effect indirectly caused. Do more active stuff and you gain skills faster - which means that you move on to higher-level equipment faster, which fills the PED sink faster still. For example, what is the difference in hourly cost between a TT Opalo and a laser that takes level 60 to use? Or between Pixie and Nemesis? A lot - and most of it disappears, as MA is the only source of ammo and repairs to equipment.

So my view is that what is good for non-depositors is good for MA and good for the game. FIX THE DAMN SWEAT EXPLOIT!!!

You can easily sell it if you price it at 0.35
Many think it's reasonable at 0.5 or more, well, the truth is ME is at 160%, nexus is at 122%.
I'd just sell cheaper, and get more... 3 days, I could sweat another 5k in that time.

<edit>
Also, MA doesn't want to fix it, trying to "force" many nondepositors to deposit. Therefore, increasing the total money put into the game, and the amount spent, and their revenue from it.

Don't say it. For RL reasons I can't afford to deposit. At all.

nobody can tell you to deposit. you may have RL reasons, or no reason at all. you just have to be aware the current market price of sweat, and what the game can offer to you for your time spent on it. then, you make your own choices.

Something a bit tangential to this; personally, I think that those who complain about non-depositors parasitising the depositors should take a longer view. Why?

usually people don't complain about non-depositors being parasites. however, people do complain about non-depositors saying how much their "free-gifts" should be worth it, and complaining about their "free-gifts" not being worth it enough for their precious time. and it is extremely simple: if it is not worth it, don't do it.

Johned said it pretty much, but since i sweated quite a bit in the past and also skilled in MF i write as well

the problem is that several more people have found that the MF professions are rather useless
in the past without SIB tools, there may have been a bit of use to go into nerveblast chips for example for the fun of it, without losing too much
although even then the MF chips were already declassed
means not many ppl skilled it in the past already

with the L stuff now, increasing the efficiency even more, the MF stuff is more useless than ever and more and more people realised it
so the demand went back pretty much

the other problem is that most starters dont deposit (good choice i might add, depositing right away can be bad, before you got the idea how this works)

so you have less demand and way more supply (a funny exploit at the moment even worsens that, since it allows to sweat even more per hour)

the main uses (imo) of sweat (or ME for that matter), and in what they are used most often, are TP chips and healing chips (especially swamp camp and neas you see those)

now from my sweating daiys, i have around 21000 sweat left
with a rough calculation, i guessed that those 21000 should last me for 2-3 years, since i stopped skilling biotropy (reached my goals) and just use it for tping noiw

it is a bit sad for newbies nowadays if they sweat for hours and can barefy afford an opalo, so i hope the newbie sitations gets better soonish, maybe with CE2

I have to agree about the SWEAT market as a newb who has yet to make a deposit haven't sold any. However if you need to sell if I'm correct it's worthless to the TT so even at a sharp discount from the going rate is still profit. I'm not looking for sweating to make me rich but at least get me started so I don't blow my money on cheap equipment that will be replaced very quickly anyway.

There are almost more threads about the sweat price being too low for sweaters than the number of sweatbottles you have.

bleh.

(too short)

Last edited:
Back