What would happen if we knew the Entropia system?

Tush

Old
Society
Miner's Mafia
Tush GodKiller Tush
Hello mates.

I personally believe that ALL of you have atleast once wondered,
How the hell does the loot system work?!? Me Want Gl0b!!

Well, I gave it a little thought.

IF we knew how the system works, not only just loot, but how the fruits, stones get spawned, and probably everything else,
I believe it would do MORE DAMAGE than "profit" us.
Wondering why? Let's take World of Warcraft for example. The system is known, and so there exist COUNTLESS

Private Servers

Do we really want EU to end like this? I'm 99% sure that if the system would become public knowledge,
it would find it's way to some coder, who would then get an idea of private server.
EU would have less and less players, because there would be FREE fun on the other servers, countless PEDs, everything for free that you couldn't have had there. Then, with less players, EU would slowly fall, and crash one day, to become the game ruined by the private servers. If not crash, surely it wouldn't be as 'crowded' as it is today.

So chill out, have fun and go hunting,mining,crafting,trading with the knowledge that it surely would be good if you knew how to profit all the time, but in long term, it would do alot harm. :D

Thanks for reading, leave your idea :idea: :laugh:

Hello mates.

I personally believe that ALL of you have atleast once wondered,
How the hell does the loot system work?!? Me Want Gl0b!!

Well, I gave it a little thought.

IF we knew how the system works, not only just loot, but how the fruits, stones get spawned, and probably everything else,
I believe it would do MORE DAMAGE than "profit" us.
Wondering why? Let's take World of Warcraft for example. The system is known, and so there exist COUNTLESS

Private Servers
Do we really want EU to end like this? I'm 99% sure that if the system would become public knowledge,
it would find it's way to some coder, who would then get an idea of private server.
EU would have less and less players, because there would be FREE fun on the other servers, countless PEDs, everything for free that you couldn't have had there. Then, with less players, EU would slowly fall, and crash one day, to become the game ruined by the private servers. If not crash, surely it wouldn't be as 'crowded' as it is today.

So chill out, have fun and go hunting,mining,crafting,trading with the knowledge that it surely would be good if you knew how to profit all the time, but in long term, it would do alot harm. :D

Thanks for reading, leave your idea :idea: :laugh:

Interesting thought, however I disagree with private servers only because most all of us here are here for the money that we think we can make. That is, for most of us not a profit but enough to play the game and have nice stuff. So if you had private servers where would the money come from? I know I would not be there just to play. I want the chance to win something. I not sure if I am missing your point about private servers or not and I am not saying this to offend you, just my take on private servers.

Also I don't think it would change the game that much if we all knew how the system works. The reason I don't is because I think there is quite a bit of "Random" in the way the program is written. We all know how a slot machine works but I don't think anyone has a sure fire way to beat the system constantly.
Peace.

yeh what he said + i believe MA's server park is too complex to just make it as a hobby. Then, who would depo money to some uknown persons?
Anyway MA's system is made so all the time enough ppl lose;)

Well I said, leave your idea :) Didn't get offended of course ;)

Well, of course there wouldn't be as many private servers as in WoW, but there would surely be atleast one. And atleast one of the existing would be Fun Entropia server, where you'd spawn and probably have commands to add items/PEDs, and would go hunt the big ones just for fun.
I know many players are here to earn or have nice stuff, but not everyone. I think more than 50% newcomers come here to play for fun, and when they would get to know it's hard without depositing, they would rather choose the server where they can have fun for free. And losing 50% newcomers is not a little number :)

I think there is a bit of Random too, but I was not only talking about the loots. I thought something about spawn system. Maybe the resources (bigger claims) are not spawned just by pure randomness. If the loot system is all by random, and % chance, then you're right, it wouldn't help us at all, because knowing that you have like 25% chance of loot/claim of small size and 5% chance of loot/claim of bigger size would not help anyone ;)
Well, maybe....all we can do is theoretize, or win the lottery, win the lottery again and have enough funds to buy MA ^^ then you would get to know it for sure :)

:scratch: Won't planets be like a private server of sorts?

Integrated yet seperated?

If the system became widely known MA would change it especially if it had potential to affect their bottom dollar. So no worries there from me.

The black box will always be hidden and can always be changed.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: das
Even if everyone understood the loot system completely it wouldnt change your ability to profit off of MA.

You could change the player economy.... But as far as tt value, you aren't gonna all of a sudden pull out 200% tt or something every hunt.

---------------------

The problem with a free server would be that gameplay sucks :p

Sure it might be fun to load yourself up with the best gear, maxed skills, and kill whatever you want....but that would get old after a day, maybe a week. Why continue to hunt after that...no chance at items if you can already get anything you want, big loots mean nothing as you have unlimited ped and cant withdraw it for real cash.

After a week you just end up with boring game play with no RCE component.

I know Atraie, I said that if the system is "Random", it would be useless.
I'm NOT for the knowing of the system, I think it's pretty obvious from the first post ;)

Well, some ppl on that private server might do something different than just load themselves with full Supremacy and Adjusted A3 Justifier MK-V...
Some might do a little test, for example, add 5000 PED and go hunting or mining with that.
And try to survive as long as he can with this limited PEDs. There isn't possibility to do this test in EU.
(wouldn't probably be best idea to have the ability to test that, cause the result would probably scare ppl :lolup:)
Sure it would be fun to see how long can 1000 bomb last in a cycle, but well...You know, it wouldn't be fun, because if you find Rugaritz glob, it doesn't have MU on private server, you can just tt it :laugh:

I'm against it, all I wanted is to create a live discussion and hear other's opinion, which is happening right now :)

wouldn't be that bad for MA, many pirate Wow server players eventually move to the legitimate servers.

Meaning more ppl would get the change of trying advance stuff in the game for free and get addicted lol

personally I don't play for the money, I used to but I don't care anymore

er no. the reason for private servers, and only way it is possible for any MMO to have them, is the actual code base is leaked. you cant just learn the system and re-engineer it.

and without the real ped you can withdraw, there would be very few around. a "free ped" server would be a very empty one.

Even if everyone understood the loot system completely it wouldnt change your ability to profit off of MA.

You could change the player economy.... But as far as tt value, you aren't gonna all of a sudden pull out 200% tt or something every hunt.

---------------------

The problem with a free server would be that gameplay sucks :p

Sure it might be fun to load yourself up with the best gear, maxed skills, and kill whatever you want....but that would get old after a day, maybe a week. Why continue to hunt after that...no chance at items if you can already get anything you want, big loots mean nothing as you have unlimited ped and cant withdraw it for real cash.

After a week you just end up with boring game play with no RCE component.

Yep and I think a day would about do it for me. I don't like to do nuthing for nuthing:).
Peace.

If we ALL knew EXACTLY how the loot system worked then this would not be a game anymore.

I am struggling to find the proper name for what EU would be called if this was the case.

MMOR?? Massively Multiplayer Online Race?

FCFSO?? First Come First Served Online?
(I like this name personally :D)

I agree with you Tush, the community should be thankful that the EU loot system is a mystery. :locked:

I know Atraie, I said that if the system is "Random", it would be useless.
I'm NOT for the knowing of the system, I think it's pretty obvious from the first post ;)

Well, some ppl on that private server might do something different than just load themselves with full Supremacy and Adjusted A3 Justifier MK-V...
Some might do a little test, for example, add 5000 PED and go hunting or mining with that.
And try to survive as long as he can with this limited PEDs. There isn't possibility to do this test in EU.
(wouldn't probably be best idea to have the ability to test that, cause the result would probably scare ppl :lolup:)
Sure it would be fun to see how long can 1000 bomb last in a cycle, but well...You know, it wouldn't be fun, because if you find Rugaritz glob, it doesn't have MU on private server, you can just tt it :laugh:

I'm against it, all I wanted is to create a live discussion and hear other's opinion, which is happening right now :)

It is a nice discussion and I have enjoyed posting and discussing.
Peace.

The system would be changed!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a private server here.
Let's take an example:
We assume that loot is decided on the following basis:
Amount of PED spent on ammo during hour 1 is Y.
TT of loot to be given out during hour 2 is Z = Y * 0.8
Each mob that is killed is given a formula for how much of this Z is to be attributed to it based on amount of ammo used to kill it and number of deaths.
Each mob also has a chance of producing no loot (dependent upon the amount of ammo needed to kill it - the less ammo required the greater the chance of it producing no loot.)
I do not see how having a private server somewhere is going to affect the loot on MAs servers as it will not affect the value of Y unless PED is spent on a MA server.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a private server here.
Let's take an example:
We assume that loot is decided on the following basis:
Amount of PED spent on ammo during hour 1 is Y.
TT of loot to be given out during hour 2 is Z = Y * 0.8
Each mob that is killed is given a formula for how much of this Z is to be attributed to it based on amount of ammo used to kill it and number of deaths.
Each mob also has a chance of producing no loot (dependent upon the amount of ammo needed to kill it - the less ammo required the greater the chance of it producing no loot.)
I do not see how having a private server somewhere is going to affect the loot on MAs servers as it will not affect the value of Y unless PED is spent on a MA server.

I didn't mean that Private server is going to affect loots on this real server. I said that it would steal some new players (maybe get the price of sweat up again).

I think, if we knew how the loot is determined, the loot formula, some clever coder would then make his own fake server. Then, someone would get an idea of making Private Server, and now we would have TWO Entropia servers. One real, one fake, where you could add any PEDs you want, any items, and the loot system would be the same, in mining,hunting,crafting. Personally, I'd very much like to try how long can 1k bombs last, and I pretty much believe some other players would like to try that too, if not 1k bombs, then hunting with 1kPED of ammo.
It would be fun.
BUT, it would bore me quickly, and I wouldn't enjoy the mining on this our real server. The thrill, anger and all the other things when you're mining :D

Hope you understand my point now ;)

would be cool for one reason ony,
get all equipment and test all stuffs and see what the best setup is, also see what all skill exactly does.
then with that knowlage go to the real entropia

If someone recreated EU for a new MMO-RCE, and use it as a hobby, with
less need for profit, and where the return would be higher, then it could
get a bunch of EUs excisting users.
Question is if the new system could create a hype as EU does with very
high loot? If not, it's probably harder to get new players in, that hasn't
tested a MMO-RCE earlier... ;)

But if we only look at EU, with no "threat" of a new MMO-RCE, no it wouldn't
be bad if all knew how system works.
Because even with 100% knowledge, the chance to profit in the longrun,
will be lower. If everyone knows what's "wrong" to do, less will lose as
they do today in the average loot, which will end up with those who
do the "right" thing today, will have a slimmer chance to pick up leftovers... ;)
I also doubt that it can be predicted to 100% where and when to get
higher loots, due to some parts in lootsystem... ;)

Imho MA could reaveal the complete loot formula.
MA could explain how loot works in every detail, and it wouldn´t change anything!

If its right coded you can´t exploit it!

Its like some code use to crypt files, its comon knowledge what formulas are used, but it doesn´t help to crack a code if its crypted with this formula, that you know it :D

Private servers are no option, as you can´t withdraw your money earned/created on private servers.

BTW, if you want to play such games feel free to play this existing free games, that are no RCE and therefor are no challange at all.

Private servers just wouldn't work. More than likely you wouldn't have a private server with the ability to convert cash (and if you did, would you really trust some random person hosting the server?). Not to mention the population between servers would hurt ALL of the economies and run things into the ground.

Just a couple of points from an ex-programmer of medical software. To give just a little background. Programming medical software for HMOs. Hosps, Doctors and so on with all the US government requirements and then add local and state requirements is and was a nightmare. Considering all of that with medical software and then thinking about all the things that are done in EU with loots, crafting, hunting, foliage and the list is almost endless I think EU is much more complicated. Having said all of that my 2 points:

1. We will never see a private server that is even close to EU.
2. I would not trust my money to an individual that has no regulation by someone else, like the EU does. Can you imagine just the accounting in EU?

Anyway as I said, great discussion but I really feel it is moot points because we will never get the chance to find out.
Peace.

isnt wow the biggest game in like ever i sure would like to see eu end up like that could use some more people here

I have no clue why private servers would be a bad thing, but that may be because I never played WOW.

Back to the question: if we all knew the system, we'd all do exactly that which would be expected to give us a profit. As a result, the system would collapse.

I have no clue why private servers would be a bad thing, but that may be because I never played WOW.

Back to the question: if we all knew the system, we'd all do exactly that which would be expected to give us a profit. As a result, the system would collapse.
There is no the way system is created in a way that we can get more than
a part of what we spend.... ;)
Return would be more equal to all instead, but not in pure PEDs, but in
the build up for loot... ;)

Imho MA could reaveal the complete loot formula.
MA could explain how loot works in every detail, and it wouldn´t change anything!

If its right coded you can´t exploit it!

He said it :)

As much as I hate the system, it is necessary to maintain prices.

I played Diablo 2 from 2002 to 2006, and when I started there, the monetary unit was a Stone of Jordan ring, which had a real value of about $1 each. As time went on, and more SoJ's were looted, the value dropped steadily. I quit when it was 10 cents each (last I heard, SoJ's are currently worthless, and the current monetary unit is rare runes, which used to cost hundreds of SoJ's each.)

If everybody figured out the system, nobody could profit, it's as simple as that.

I'm in agreement that even if they told you how it worked, you still wouldn't be able to profit on it. At least in TT value.

But then, I'm in the "avatar-based" loot camp where I think you just get an amount back based on what you spend. If that's indeed how the system works, then the system would never be exploitable because it's all dependent on what you've already put in.

If you were the only player in the game playing, you would likely see the same type of returns. However, you would be the only one to claim any uber loots, which would be funded by your own money already spent anyways. In the end, you still wouldn't come out ahead... but you would at least know what MA takes as their cut...

Wasn't there a demo on PE? A really old one, where you started with some peds.. It was single player but still..

Beside the real cash economy this game is strictly nothing. Graphic engine is nice, but so static, exept the lights nothing to compete with others. Gameplay is a joke, push auto shoot and watch the hp go down. I don't think private servers would do anything bad to MA or us.
All that it would do is clarify the way(s) money is earned by the company and the players, as in every gambling-like (allways nice to play with words) activity like bets or card-game (wich are clearly skillgames at least, not an abusive term here), and it would attract a huge amount of players, all those that believe it is a mix of a gambling-addicted trap and an unregulated money trafic platform. Atm it looks more like a mafia activity (0 communication about mechanics when much money is involved in them, opac loot pool rules, more opac lottery legal statments). Situation right there is insane, talk about it out of the forum, with ppl that never played the "game", and listen what they say.
Second it would open thousands of possibilities for players to choose what they want to risk for what possible gain. They would know better what they are doing, wich would decrease alot the frustration of a 250 peds hunt ending with 50-70 peds loots (happened to me many times) when on a supposed perfect mob/maturity for your level and with best possible dmg/pec maxed sib weapon. Beeing able to separate the randomness of what we do with the aim we have at doing the activity.
Really you think it would hurt us? the only hurted would be MA imo

Private server would mean no RCE.
No RCE in EU?... why would you even "play" it? :dunno:

OP is missing the point.

PPL arent drawn here by stunning anything but - gamble addiction.
Even graphics arent so crucial since majority of players here are mature blokes and not jerkfrenzy kiddoes.

There aint nothing to keep them here but RCE, compared to efforts other games make (weekly promotional events, new items, oportunities, regular gameplay updates with SIGNIFICANT changes etc).

Why oh why would anyone bother copying this rather dull game (gameplay-wise) while not having intention of paying out real moneys.

I.

Back