Who is "Menace"?

Status

Menace

Elite
Society
SECRET
Rob Menace Klok
*WARNING* -Long Read about my RL so don't bother wasting your time if you don't care.....

After 4 years of playing Entropia I have pretty much ceased all activities in-game for various reasons. However I recieved a "visitor message" the other day which is somewhat confusing as it starts with "You're such a badass" (obviously filled with sarcasm). This message has confused me as I haven't been in-game other than to re-create my avatar and even my forum posts haven't been all that "prickly" towards any avatars lately.

So now that my time in-game has all but ended I figured I'd do a short write-up here to let you all know a little bit more about the man behind the avatar "Menace".

My name is Rob. I was born on December 28th 1977 in a small town in Southern Ontario, Canada. I grew up like most other kids. Had a good family, great parents, and played hockey as a young child. At age 10 I left the ice rink and decided to take up martial arts. Wado-Kai Karate became my primary sport. I really enjoyed the exercise, the combat, and I was good at it. When I entered high school I became slightly rebellious as any young teenage boy does and when I was 15 maybe took that a little too far and found myself charged for the first time with Armed Robbery. Being a minor there wasn't much to sweat. In Canada they charge you and throw some community service at you. Once 18 your record becomes "hidden" from the justice system.
By the time I was 17 I was heavilly into Mixed Martial Arts holding a black belt in Wado-Kai Karate, a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu, a green belt in Tai-Kwan-Do, and boxing at a club that had put amateur boxers into the Olympics on several occasions. I was also experimenting with some heavier drugs.... Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and smoking heroine. I was living on my own by this time and started working security at a night club as well as working delivering furniture for a major brand store. By the time I was 18 I was approached by the owners of the night club as they asked me to work for them full-time. The owners were part of a Sicillian organized crime family. I accepted the offer and became thier "Go-to guy" when they needed a "Pit-bull". I worked private security for them as well as sent 3rd tier physical messages to those who were not current on thier accounts with the family. By the time I was 20 I was heavilly into cocaine and heroine and felt un-stoppable. I made the decision to go off on my own, head out to Vancouver, and start my own "business". With a nickel-plated .45 under each arm I informed them I was leaving. My extreme liking to narcotics was the only thing that allowed me to leave that family. They realized it was just a matter of time before my clouded mind caused a problem within the organization. Probably the only GOOD thing that ever came from my addiction.
I moved out to Vancouver and quickly established myself as a ruthless, and dangerous "competitor" within the criminal underworld. Dealing with Asian and Iranian organized crime that ran the big city. Eventually (After just 2 short years), the boys in blue caught up with me. I was charged with several Indictable offences in November of 1999 which included Unlawful possession of a firearm x2, Unlawful discharge of a firearm within city limits, Conspiracy to import controlled substance (Cocaine), Conspiracy to import controlled substance (Heroine), Possession with intent to traffic (Cocaine), Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000. And a few other technicality related charges.
After doing some time and having some of the charges dropped due to technicalities I decided it was time to make a decision in life..... Continue a life of crime and die in prison or on the streets, or cease my life of crime and start anew.
I chose the latter and moved back to Ontario to a small town out in the middle of no-where. I still lived a "rough" life-style. Seemed trouble was always looking for me. But the real heavy criminal activity was gone in my life and I earned a modest living buying and selling legal items.
Eventually I met my wife and we had kids. The kids are what drove me to completely clean up my life as I had to be a good man in-order to be a good role model to them.
I CHOSE to make a change of life. I CHOSE my paths throughout life.

All that being said.... for someone to state "You're a badass" in an attempt to make a mockery out of someone they know NOTHING about is nothing short of ignorant. You had NO idea who I am, what I'm about now, or for that matter.... how much of a "Badass" I'm really capable of being if I so choose to do so. Because I play a video game doesn't mean I was born and raised behind a keyboard and never saw the light of day.... EU used to be something for me to do because I chose to stay off the street. NOT becuase I was too much of a home-body to go out and have a social life. If you EVER had to deal with some of the people I used to deal with daily/weekly you'd probably shit your pants before they even stepped out of that black stretched Cadillac or took thier feet off their foot pegs.....

Do NOT treat everyone as your equal.... because many of us in this virtual world are far superior to YOU on a worldly level chum..... Being the man I am, I have met many entropians from different walks of life. There are bikers who play this game, there are high level dealers who play this game, there are surgeons, lawyers, and even people associated with various crime organizations.... Sure the majority are just your typical game loving college/university student, or average husband/wife/mother/father. And they are good people.... But we're not all people that YOU.... the complete geek behind the keyboard can belittle. SOME of us have LIVED.... Some of us would scare the ever living SHIT out of YOU should you ever have to look us in the eyes.... So shut your mouth and show a little respect for the unknown.... Until at least you become a big boy and have the spine to back up your words online.....

Badass??? Pfft.... you couldn't have handled the man that was the criminal many years ago.... let alone the TRUE BADASS that one requires to be in order to walk away from that life-style.... You're a wanna-be and I feel pity for you. I hope some-day IRL you too have a legacy to leave behind. I'm a role-model. I help people in thier battle with addiction. I help people walk away from thier life of crime. I've got the balls to stand up against an army for what I believe in.... do you? (Oh and I'm not talking about Land Grab in a video game here....)

My friend.... I think it's time you put away the video game and went out and tried to find yourself.

Rob
"Menace"

Thanks for sharing your Story Menace. Very inspirational. Your Kids should be and no doubt are very Proud.. Great to Know there are such interesting people to meet in EU..

That someone saying you are a badass was me.
You also deleted some perhaps hurtfull truth I posted there.

I just mentioned it because you know what you do I think you aren't a kid to realise.
But you keep at it.
Your call, not mine like I told you several several times.

People dont need to know you real life and you dont need to justify what you do in-game because your real life aswell.

Everyone has their real life issues that taunt them more than anything, beucase afterall, its real life.
But as for a game, your take your pursuit way to far and ahead. Because after all its a game, not real life.

PS: I havent read your post yet, i read untill the part that you mentioned me.

PPS: Now that I read, i keep my words, what you lived doesn't matter to others.
You say others may feel superior, but you are the one that drive your so to say "superiority" Irl into the game, and that doesn't happen.
Learn to respect people in advance instead of throwing stones to a roof made of glass.
Because again. you shared your story, the only thing i take my hat off, is that you have no problem with what you were and are, most people will never be like that.
But again, I may know you know, I may have the geek looking as you mentioned above, but you know nothing about my life.

Last edited:
I applaud your Badassery in the most respectful of ways Menace, and thank you for sharing your life story. One important thing stood out for me in all of this, and that is ... no one knows another's thoughts or motivation for behaving in a certain manner without being in possession of all of the variables ... up till that point, it's just a guessing game complete with assumptions, speculation and personal opinions that aren't always accurate.

I wish you the best as always! :hug:

:wave: Nice to meet you.

EDIT:
--mod's note--
As for any personal issues between you and Manique, I ask you both to leave it out.

Thanks.
--/mod's note--

I read the first sentence......thats it.

Dont let the door hit you on your way out :wise:

note: actually finished reading the op, watched one to many gangster movies have you?

Last edited:
Been a while since i read this much bullshit

At least I didn't cap someone in the knee...... Unfortunately though.... my life's story isn't as simple as "bullshit". Hopefully you don't have to live through the mistakes that many other people in the world live through every day.

Menace

{removed quote of full OP}

anyways... all of these arrests are public record would be fun to see if there is a chap named Rob in his early 20s... in the mean streets of Vancouver that got arrested in November of 1999 for charges which included Unlawful possession of a firearm x2, Unlawful discharge of a firearm within city limits, Conspiracy to import controlled substance (Cocaine), Conspiracy to import controlled substance (Heroine), Possession with intent to traffic (Cocaine), Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000.

anyone wanna run a google search for this

and I wonder how the owners of the night club that asked you to work for them and were part of a Sicillian organized crime family in Southern Ontario, Canada like you airing thier dirty laundry in the public forum

would be fun to see if any of this story is true... and rather easy to find out...

Last edited by a moderator:
would be fun to see if any of this story is true... and rather easy to find out...

Why would it be fun?

I can't see this thread going anywhere good.

Why would it be fun?

I can't see this thread going anywhere good.

because as of right now... it is just a story... with no one to fact check... anyone can say anything over the inet and it be true...

there is great resources out there that would allow us to verify that offical badassness of menace

that is where the fun comes in my friend and you can not see it because you dont have the vision ;) open your eyes and mind!

Shhhhh I'm Batman....

:scratch2: Actually, for you wouldn't it be Namtab?

Lol :D

On the serious side of this post I think everyone has a colorfull past in some way. I know I've made some bad decisions but those choices made me who I am and I've learned very good life lessons and know how to steer clear of the bad stuff. The older I get the less I care what people outside of my circle of trust think.

I read the entire OP, interesting story...

You're such a badass. :cool:

Thank you for sharing.. If I'm ever in Ontario, which is where my mother lives, I'll text ya for a beer! ;)

Well Rob,

I'd be amazed if any Entropian had a more interesting backstory than that.

Glad you turned it all around.

:)

well, without being to rude.... I like your story, but have a feeling thats all it is.
I cannot prove otherwise but the one thing I think thats turned me to think it is just a story is this

"I have met many entropians from different walks of life. There are bikers who play this game, there are high level dealers who play this game"

I am not going to say much more here then well I am sure athoritys can request chat log's if resonable doubt of ilegal activity.

Your eaither talking a good story (what I now hope)

or a dead snitch!

Edit: (A dead snitch cause if they are as high level as you say they are they not going to be to happy with you right now)

Last edited:
You're such a badass
such a badass
a badass
ass

I sensed this side of you when we did a hunt on teamspeak once. If any of you have heard his voice, it has a deep Canadian rough strength to it, a nothing gonna mess with me voice....funny thing was my voice sounded pure geek on the team speak LOL.

Anyway, in my profession I have met people like you many times, and for the most part I have found that unless there is a psychiatric aspect, the criminal activities usually remain between those in the business.
What I have found more is the understanding of respect and integrity. When you know your dark side and can harness it and control it, you have come far on your lifes journey. As I say in my signature, "Scars mark the journey through life".
Menace thats one life story so far, I would imagine those daemons of the past haunt your mind at times, but for your kids stay solid and resolute! A true man makes changes he needs to for his family as you have done.

Cheers
Bjorn

Thanks for sharing. Have you ever thought about writing a self biography book? You probably have some interesting insights that might be worth sharing with the world.

Since I watched to much "Breaking Bad" I am involved in similar stories but I dont know if they are real or only dreams :confused: :laugh:

:scratch2:
There's nothing worse than people who feel sorry for themselves. Why even spend the energy to magnify something so small.
Are you looking for attention, sympathy, or maybe to brag that you had a black belt.:ninja:

Drama Queen :duh:

... And just so you guys know, I'm the famous singer Afroman,my new album will be released next week. BUY IT! (need cash to get high :smoke:)

Interesting to read, interesting to watch and interesting to see this thread development.
For sure was a nice reading, be it true or false, don't care that much. I always enjoyed this kind of stories, and if it is just a story, it's a nice one, if it is a real life case, you do have my respect.

I looking forward to the movie ;)

Drama Queen :duh:

Kind of what I thought, too.

Whether the story's true or not, I'm not sure why this private bickering needed to morph into a weenie-wagging contest on the forum.

But, I guess it at least breaks up the boredom of all the threads bitching about the avatar redesign system and whether L1 mobs now give more skill gains or less skill gains than they did before the VU.

Ahh, what the hell... have at it.

Last edited:
/.../ one thing I think thats turned me to think it is just a story is this

"I have met many entropians from different walks of life. There are bikers who play this game, there are high level dealers who play this game"

I am not going to say much more here then well I am sure authoritys can request chat log's if reasonable doubt of ilegal activity.
Well, if u have been part of a certain subculture for years you will be able to tell if someone's fake or really from that world pretty easy.
Speaking about the legally valid proof thou, chat logs most likely won't qualify at all. Outsider could read the same conversation but all those ever elusive nuances will simply evade him, it just doesn't work that way.

I didn't find anything that doesn't add up. Too lazy to check for background info like Joker advised to be certain thou.
Anyway, if this is all true, a life like this will never totally let u go - no wonder if it comes to haunt u even in a video game, one way or another... this fight isn't over, keep going! ;)

Well, if u have been part of a certain subculture for years you will be able to tell if someone's fake or really from that world pretty easy.
Speaking about the legally valid proof thou, chat logs most likely won't qualify at all. Outsider could read the same conversation but all those ever elusive nuances will simply evade him, it just doesn't work that way.

I didn't find anything that doesn't add up. Too lazy to check for background info like Joker advised to be certain thou.
Anyway, if this is all true, a life like this will never totally let u go - no wonder if it comes to haunt u even in a video game, one way or another... this fight isn't over, keep going! ;)

agreed 100% but chat logs will give them a direction to look it will not end up in a closed case but if these so called high level dealer have been stupid enough to talk over the internet let alone to menace its eaither one of 3 things.
1) they are stupid.
2) he is stupid to beleive.
3) they are both stupid an talking shit what they do not know.
I am 99% sure any bad ass or dealer looking to do business would not be so stupid to put in in text over:
Phone.
Intenet.
Writen.

GG to BS Menace you have earnt my qualification of Keyboard warrior! gratz

Status
Back