Why are weapons "STILL" that expensive?

Simple answer. Mindark controls the flow of weapons and Mindark clearly wants items to be very expensive.
Good luck bringing in new players to the game...
Invest in your avatar, sell your car, sell your house, sell your wife and perhaps after that you can hunt and play some Entropia.
There may very well be a reversal on the cards to this statement. Surely the ubers can only hold onto the wepons they have for so long, each with 3-4 high efficiency/dps weapons in sales threads on PCF, watching newer guns being added to the game they DON'T loot, so as to de-value the guns they are sitting on, and won't use.

It is a waiting game now.

Resellers.

They simply won't allow the price of anything to drop. If a gun is listed below market value it's always snapped up by a reseller and listed at a higher price until it sells for that.

Resellers have plenty of time and money to control the market. Users are impatient and will generally pay anything for the convenience of getting what they want now rather than later. It only takes one person buying at an inflated price to make that the going rate for an item.

I think they are FULL.. It is funny watching the usual suspects hang themselves..

Of course what you mean to say is that the guys who are new and are willing to pay these prices.. Inevitably to buy them back and repeat..?

I think MA has had enough of them as well.. Seems there is a definite shift.

WELCOME to a buyers market - Finally

Last edited:
I think they are FULL.. It is funny watching the usual suspects hang themselves..

Of course what you mean to say is that the guys who are new and are willing to pay these prices.. Inevitably to buy them back and repeat..?

I think MA has had enough of them as well.. Seems there is a definite shift.

WELCOME to a buyers market - Finally
Yeah its going in the right direction. People are ready to pay for items just not at these insane prices that we have atm. So its good that MA pushes out more and more gear until a better balance is meet than todays market.
It better if we get 100x more players with abit smaller budgets than 5x whales. The larger Economy in the game benefits more if we have more players on avg.

There is a huuuge gap between the worst and the best weapon. A lot of equipment in EU is basicly worthless crap, which stats become so useless for its segment. A lot of different low level guns that still sits on old system where you need level 100 to max it out.

Its a shame they never made upgrade missions for these, would give a ton of low level players a chance to own and shoot something somewhat decent UL gun, instead of relying on (L) Weapons that you're never going to love.

Also, there's a huuuge gap in all segments from the worst to the best gun, investing 10.000 ped in low level gear would still give you quite the edge from a causual 500 ped setup. This is the same across all segments in the game.

The real big downside to that is, either you have to adjust/nerf systems for a worse return in general to compensate for those high end setup's not breaking the game making money all the time, or you as a developer have to accept that in order for people to pursuit that kind of capabilities, they need someone in the front to advertice what a money maker setup you'll get if you invest 10.000 ped instead of 500 ped.

But that means eventually once more & more good equipment avatars gets assembled, then you are forced to compensate and nerf the system to ensure the regular "income" is returning, leaving a cycle of releasing new "dream" equipment thats better than anything before it, to keep this cycle of investing and fighting to get it alive.

Once they introduced rings with buffs, not long after they begin introducing weapons / armors with buffs, because its almost impossible to keep this cycle alive on upgrading "basic stats" all segments have 90+ efficiency weapons now, only way to keep the cycle is to attach buffs to them now.

Its a dark path, very much so because once they keep nerfing returns to compensate and level out to the better equipment, the old, old equipment becomes obselete and does in theory bring worse returns than ever before.

There is other ways to design a game, and it haven't always been how they designed it. 😢

There is a huuuge gap between the worst and the best weapon. A lot of equipment in EU is basicly worthless crap, which stats become so useless for its segment. A lot of different low level guns that still sits on old system where you need level 100 to max it out.

Its a shame they never made upgrade missions for these, would give a ton of low level players a chance to own and shoot something somewhat decent UL gun, instead of relying on (L) Weapons that you're never going to love.

Also, there's a huuuge gap in all segments from the worst to the best gun, investing 10.000 ped in low level gear would still give you quite the edge from a causual 500 ped setup. This is the same across all segments in the game.

The real big downside to that is, either you have to adjust/nerf systems for a worse return in general to compensate for those high end setup's not breaking the game making money all the time, or you as a developer have to accept that in order for people to pursuit that kind of capabilities, they need someone in the front to advertice what a money maker setup you'll get if you invest 10.000 ped instead of 500 ped.

But that means eventually once more & more good equipment avatars gets assembled, then you are forced to compensate and nerf the system to ensure the regular "income" is returning, leaving a cycle of releasing new "dream" equipment thats better than anything before it, to keep this cycle of investing and fighting to get it alive.

Once they introduced rings with buffs, not long after they begin introducing weapons / armors with buffs, because its almost impossible to keep this cycle alive on upgrading "basic stats" all segments have 90+ efficiency weapons now, only way to keep the cycle is to attach buffs to them now.

Its a dark path, very much so because once they keep nerfing returns to compensate and level out to the better equipment, the old, old equipment becomes obselete and does in theory bring worse returns than ever before.

There is other ways to design a game, and it haven't always been how they designed it. 😢
You are correct, noobs are forced to use old useless gear that will hamster their pedcard even more than what they should feel and when new players feel they are getting ripped off cuz they dont know a system, they just think its a scam and move on.
More newer weapons for players between level 10-70 would be the best for the game. If ppl feel they can afford owning gear and have peds left to hunt with it will be a nice future for this game.
Old gear should be phased out somehow so noobs dont get cought in a noob trap in return or scammed by greedy traders trying to sell old shit gear for insane prices.

Items are worth only what people are willing to pay for them.
Lot of people QQ because to other people some items are worth more then to them and they get mad because of this.
Its just life

Old gear should be phased out somehow so noobs dont get cought in a noob trap in return or scammed by greedy traders trying to sell old shit gear for insane prices.
EU is bloated with legacy/dead content. I'm hoping when we see the eventual Unreal Engine upgrade that a lot of the unused stuff is removed.

Let’s also not confuse items pure ped value to a trade deal… lot of these weapons just trade hands around a similar group

TWEN is resettins some standards in price BUT...
a glinting rifle that is half price of a BC80 is available jsut to 5 people ... so it will rise in value, not see the BC80 fall
on the other hand, melee high end weapons will devalue "decay" melee items because have few players interested... a 90 level club, a 90 level PF, are less interesting.

below scimitar of mages there is an interesting smaller sword, that is a levelling tool
at some price a twen bp20 is a very good skilling item ... bp20 is an amazing small tool that will not go under 20k ped

I was thinking today. I know rare ocassion :D...

I would say Midark droped a ball again "a wee bit" . See how there is uber guns and noob guns for tokens.. Same goes with healing tools...
Why they could not made some low/mid lvl armor aswell for tokens. All we have is uber Twen armor.

Twen vendor might get refilled, who knows.

I was thinking today. I know rare ocassion :D...

I would say Midark droped a ball again "a wee bit" . See how there is uber guns and noob guns for tokens.. Same goes with healing tools...
Why they could not made some low/mid lvl armor aswell for tokens. All we have is uber Twen armor.
best armor is evader (and leech)... a viceroy or imperium or a 10k paneleon spec and plates goes a long way no need for token armor

best armor is evader (and leech)... a viceroy or imperium or a 10k paneleon spec and plates goes a long way no need for token armor
Why not a mid lvl For tokens?

Why not a mid lvl For tokens?
Cuz mindark focus only on ybers and dont understand that there are people below messi. Sadly its kinda true when you see the reward items. Where is TWEN Karma Killer? TWEN Jaguar? TWEN Boar? TWEN Ghost? TWEN Frontier?
There is a HUUUUUGE gap in the rewards.. almost nothing for the lower level of casual players. 90% of the rewards are for 80+

Cuz mindark focus only on ybers and dont understand that there are people below messi. Sadly its kinda true when you see the reward items. Where is TWEN Karma Killer? TWEN Jaguar? TWEN Boar? TWEN Ghost? TWEN Frontier?
There is a HUUUUUGE gap in the rewards.. almost nothing for the lower level of casual players. 90% of the rewards are for 80+

-The people who play on that lvl play on that lvl since 15 years, they want to stay mid lvl or enjoy boreas a lot
- the higher your evader/dodge/HP less protection you will need
- plenty armors avaleable who protect very well , example panelon spec
-a lot of mid lvl ul weapons with good effi in the vendor.

The vendor offers stuff for everyone. Yes i agree if you sweat 24/7 and your only goal is to spend money on electricity then the vendor does not offer items for that niece.

-The people who play on that lvl play on that lvl since 15 years, they want to stay mid lvl or enjoy boreas a lot
- the higher your evader/dodge/HP less protection you will need
- plenty armors avaleable who protect very well , example panelon spec
-a lot of mid lvl ul weapons with good effi in the vendor.

The vendor offers stuff for everyone. Yes i agree if you sweat 24/7 and your only goal is to spend money on electricity then the vendor does not offer items for that niece.
Just buy a perfected bp-70 and everything will be solved? :D
Using lower level of weapons are for those with not so big wallet, we cant just have a game for people with endless peds?
And lower level weapons will always be in more demand sence most of the playerbase are low level or dont want to play at a higer level sence thats requires more peds.

This post shows you didn't check the vendor. There is only one item for ubers in there and it's bad too. The swine. Everything else is for medium level players. Or if you count 100+ to be uber, then 3 weapons are above 100.
And if some weapons may have dropped 3x in price and people still find it expensive, then these people will always find anything too expensive because they play a different game than people looking to buy these. Which is perfectly fine, remember we're all different, we have different goals, different levels of commitment, different strategies... and because to some people weapons in this game are just some investments while for others are tools they profit with, there will always be a big gap between perspectives which is perfectly fine, helps keeping it a healthy economy...

check your facts m8.. YOU cant pay for electricity while swunting.

Yes there is a lot of armors in game true... sames as Plates and guns and faps.. but they did add them.... Your logic is false here.

I didnt ask for 20 new armor sets.. but they could of been a bit creative and add a mid lvl armor aswell with TWEN :).
Again its not a bigy just a thought!

Last edited:
This post shows you didn't check the vendor. There is only one item for ubers in there and it's bad too. The swine. Everything else is for medium level players. Or if you count 100+ to be uber, then 3 weapons are above 100.
And if some weapons may have dropped 3x in price and people still find it expensive, then these people will always find anything too expensive because they play a different game than people looking to buy these. Which is perfectly fine, remember we're all different, we have different goals, different levels of commitment, different strategies... and because to some people weapons in this game are just some investments while for others are tools they profit with, there will always be a big gap between perspectives which is perfectly fine, helps keeping it a healthy economy...
Perhaps we have diffrent opinion on what an yber is. If you say the vendor only has one weapon for ybers we are miles apart on whats considered an yber. Not everyone in this game has 50,000$ to play a video game with.
Using a level 50-80 weapon in the game requires you to have atleast 20,000$ or else there will be big problems.
Most players are comfortable at level 20-50 level and can find enjoyment in that level and not have to sell a car to play with.

All im saying is bring more lower level stuff for people, whats so bad about that?

Using a level 50-80 weapon in the game requires you to have atleast 20,000$ or else there will be big problems.
Total bullshit.

Most players are comfortable at level 20-50 level and can find enjoyment in that level and not have to sell a car to play with.
Nothing wrong with that, but being lvl 20-50 is not average, it's called newbie since you can achieve it within weeks.. Check what's possible to accomplish withn a year in Yazuki's thread.

All im saying is bring more lower level stuff for people, whats so bad about that?
Plenty in the vendor, plenty were in the loot, just that lower level players decided to fight over SB10 and payed 30k for them. Supply and demand.

Perhaps we have diffrent opinion on what an yber is. If you say the vendor only has one weapon for ybers we are miles apart on whats considered an yber. Not everyone in this game has 50,000$ to play a video game with.
We do. you don't play the game, you play the forum and you will not advance an inch in game while all you do is try to suggest things in a game you don't play. There are very few players that put in such amounts, again, nothing wrong with that. There are much more players who play with highest gear that depoed very little, they used the brain instead. You cannot have nothing to put on the table, no time, no money and no brains and have a satisfying results for no real effort put in. If you put in game the effort you put on forums with all these bullshits, you would have also a different pespective on what uber is, but as long as you have fun, you do you ;)

Hello all,

I have been playing EU for over 18 years now and in that time literally thousands of weapons have been introduced, yet even entry weapons like a Frontier 100 still costs several thousand ped.

That is something I simply do not understand. With the amount of weapons MA has been given out over the years, lower end weapons should be a few hundred ped (at most). Surely some weapons exited the game (in-active accounts, banned accounts) but I would assume that vast majority are still in somewhat active hands.

This really puzzles me as I am not talking about 80% efficiency high end stuff, no just entry/medium guns as well ...

Anyone got thoughts?

ILW
This is sorta reminding me of that bit in the Big Short where Steve Currell is baffled about why the credit ratings are not going down on the morgage packages despite them being full of crap and people defaulting left right and center.

Sadly CEU (Communist Entropia Universe) is still in development.
so all people can not have WHATEVER and there is a COMPETITION for best items.
Life is not fair, mankind is not fair, maybe even God is not fair

that said,
1. UBER for 2023 is at least 500.000 Skill point pool, at least Great Arch Master (140 lvl) in a combat profession, 400 HP
2. whoever can get level 70 with a 40 dps MF chip in 1 year even killing Berycled with pixie and a level 7 chip ( 70 eur investment)
3. a Barbarella user killing vixen and swunting paneleons is nto in need of a DOA Twen, that is 112 MA dps, he need a chon or TT pistol.

there is a difference between ubers (skill based) and whales (people with money and willing to spend it)

If you spend 200k EUR on the game and you are lvl 20 you are not an uber
If youa re lvl 200 with 500hp and 100 evader and you sold all your gear you are still an uber

as for what is uber these days that would probably be 700+ skillpoints 500hp, 100 evader/looter and lvl 200 in main weapon.

I think more then half the active hunters are above 140 have minimal 500k total skills and have 400+ hp (including myself)
and i am most definitly not uber aswell as a lot of others above this lvl. Skilling has become so easy these past few years. getting lvl 100back in the day is probably a lot harder then getting 200 today

Or what about this definition for being Uber? No Mod Nano? GTFO!

Last edited:
Total bullshit.

Nothing wrong with that, but being lvl 20-50 is not average, it's called newbie since you can achieve it within weeks.. Check what's possible to accomplish withn a year in Yazuki's thread.

Plenty in the vendor, plenty were in the loot, just that lower level players decided to fight over SB10 and payed 30k for them. Supply and demand.

We do. you don't play the game, you play the forum and you will not advance an inch in game while all you do is try to suggest things in a game you don't play. There are very few players that put in such amounts, again, nothing wrong with that. There are much more players who play with highest gear that depoed very little, they used the brain instead. You cannot have nothing to put on the table, no time, no money and no brains and have a satisfying results for no real effort put in. If you put in game the effort you put on forums with all these bullshits, you would have also a different pespective on what uber is, but as long as you have fun, you do you ;)
Its okay dude, we clearly think very diffrent. Calling bull on lvl 50 gear that you need 20k dollar? You can use gear that was made in 2003 like an military pistol and see how far that will take you or another eff 55% weapon. You need an armour, 10kpeds. you need a fap 5-10k, you need plates. 2k. amp 2-3k. Rings 20k avg. and then you need to have ammo to survive the bad loot period until you get your expected return.

Yes i agree about the supply and demand and i think Mindark is failing in the balancing of items when an opalo is 8000ped and a sb-10 knife is 30,000ped. Its beyond crazy and the demand is way to high than what mindark is releasing. Perhaps its on purpose to keep items really expensive and out of reach for 99% of players or perhaps they dont know much of whats going on in the game and dont care.

I do keep up with the game and i want to play the game but i myself and my friends have quitted sence we dont agree on what items cost. We try to talk about thing about the game to get a change so that players like me and my friends want to come back to the game.

I know entropia is easy for you atm and your pressing the withdraw button more than the deposit and have everything you need ingame, its ok and i understand you want items to be very expensive so you can benefit from it, (no hate) i understand you, i would do the same most likley.

You do you, i respect you for you, and i will do me and i will enjoy myself :)

Sadly CEU (Communist Entropia Universe) is still in development.
so all people can not have WHATEVER and there is a COMPETITION for best items.
Life is not fair, mankind is not fair, maybe even God is not fair

that said,
1. UBER for 2023 is at least 500.000 Skill point pool, at least Great Arch Master (140 lvl) in a combat profession, 400 HP
2. whoever can get level 70 with a 40 dps MF chip in 1 year even killing Berycled with pixie and a level 7 chip ( 70 eur investment)
3. a Barbarella user killing vixen and swunting paneleons is nto in need of a DOA Twen, that is 112 MA dps, he need a chon or TT pistol.
Dude if you read what i write its not communism, i dont want everyone to have the same, i want more ul items for the range of 10-80 level, there is way to little gear for how many players there are.

Dude if you read what i write its not communism, i dont want everyone to have the same, i want more ul items for the range of 10-80 level, there is way to little gear for how many players there are.
these weapons exist lp40, lr60, lp70 are not for lvl 100+ players
the price is just tied to its demand. the fact that they go for so much money is just an indication that people are willing to spend that amount of money. It has nothing to do with these weapons being uber or not. again difference between wales and ubers.
You are just mad cause you are not willing or can spend that amount of money.
Sure I want a Lambo and the rare amount of people that can afford one and want one got one. I can afford a 20k car that doesnt mean every lambo is worth 20k.
Again it just comes down to different incomes or countries people live in or lifestyle they are having.

Just buy a perfected bp-70 and everything will be solved? :D
Using lower level of weapons are for those with not so big wallet, we cant just have a game for people with endless peds?
And lower level weapons will always be in more demand sence most of the playerbase are low level or dont want to play at a higer level sence thats requires more peds.

And thats the problem we face

A bp 70 wont solve every Problem, but even a 3 y old can pull profit with it, low enhancer Brake rate high effi good dpp and good dps..allows you to craft/self supply your enhancers and sell the oversupply to the market and. Alone by that you pull profit already, even with a qr 1 bp...

For that i pay the Premium price, yes.
Because when i use a weapon that is much worse, just to safe like 100.000-150.000 k for the Moment. I will pay for this mistake over time within one year using that compared to my bp 70.

I did think about that "investment" very well and it turned that i wuld have payed waaaaaay more peds skilling with something else

Because my goal is to reach lvl 70-140 cheap.

Back