Why perpetuate rumors ??

Status
entropia is a game, a vast game, it's not a broacasting field to atract ppl to click on spamming banners

No in the industry the only time you can merge is when you buy out the other station like disney does with ABC . Other than that scenario all stations jusy compete for same audience..In my Market we have 27 radio station fighting for the same money evry day. I have lived in this type of environment all my life.Competition is the nature of radio..But the winner is the listner it provides choices and makes stations be better in order to keep thier audience

you dont even get paid doing this in EU, so why bother stressing over a bunch of noobs anyway? Why not spend more time in fighting against the other 27 real life radio station instead of this virtual world one?

of course unless there is more money to be made here (LOL?) then in RL, or there is just less competition in EU... but again, what is there to achieve here compare to the real world??

If there is 27 other radio station IRL fight for the same money, then it must be worth fighting. But what are you fighting for in EU? Money?

I suggest editing your original post with the questions and the answers, so people don't have to look through the whole thread to find the answers... That might help convincing others as well.

That's a great idea...

I never gave donation, I would only give out the prize to the end player myself so I know it is delivered and not get pocket by someone else in between.

Is like a RL organization (e.g. Oxfarm) If I donate my used cloths for the cause for the poor kids somewhere else in the world, do I expect all my donated cloths get delivered to where it is needed most or do they pocket X amount of my donation before giving out the rest to the people who needs it?

Exactly... you have to ask yourself if the donation to whatever cause is sufficient to make you feel as if you made a difference. IRL, not everyone can get on a plane to go to a poor location to donate clothes in person. There are agencies that can do that. Are they all legitimate? Probably not... and I am not suggesting that Calpyto is not legitimate. I honestly do not know... and to be honest my opinion is worth about as much as everyone else's: nothing.

However... this is not RL ;) Anyone can go to swampcamp and give whatever they want to a newcomer. There is nothing stopping anyone from doing that. As a suggestion, I once crafted Jester D-1 a lot. I knew I would simply TT the guns... so I took them to the old swampcamp and just dropped them on the ground all over. I never got a "thanks" because no one knew it was me dropping them ;) I felt better and some newcomer either had a gun to hunt with or they could TT it.

We run clubcalypto.com radio for fun but the same principals have to be applied even for fun. Its all an effort to capture audience. In our Case we chose a demo for our music..then we chose who we want to serve,lastly we chose our ways to do contest tht best suit the new players. In the end we use many principals that are used evry day in real life..After all radio is radio no matter where u are evn in a game..

The principle is easy.. The more audience we get the more folks we can help.
And in all honesty the more folks we have the more fun the game is, Altho we want a bigger audience for diferent reasons in real life the principles of how you get your audience will alwyas be the same. In the Case of Eu the bigger we become the better we can help folks.

We run clubcalypto.com radio for fun but the same principals have to be applied even for fun. Its all an effort to capture audience. In our Case we chose a demo for our music..then we chose who we want to serve,lastly we chose our ways to do contest tht best suit the new players. In the end we use many principals that are used evry day in real life..After all radio is radio no matter where u are evn in a game..

for fun... I can see that, but is it really worth the effort now everyone is saying this saying that? New players may be having fun, but at the same time another whole bunch of people are talking behind your back.

and obviously u r not comfortable with it, otherwise this thread wont be here in the first place.

so after all, what are you really after? Obviously not money if there are already 27 other radio station in real life fighting for the same money as you said. And it appears the radio station you put up for EU are more important than the other RL one

let hear that dude: many players just thinking rl sucks and you bringing it to eu

The principle is easy.. The more audience we get the more folks we can help.
And in all honesty the more folks we have the more fun the game is, Altho we want a bigger audience for diferent reasons in real life the principles of how you get your audience will alwyas be the same. In the Case of Eu the bigger we become the better we can help folks.

Then I fail to understand... if helping out in the big scale is what you want.... why is it you only sticking to swamp camp?

There are other organization in EU who has the common goal as you claim "help out noobs" then why is it a competition for audience? Why does noob have to chose between who help them? why cant you all just get together and become one big helping organization and stop the competition?

Yes its fun..actually very fun. I live in a very competitive environment. In all honesty the game is nothing in comparison. Actually because i have been successful in real life allows me the abilty to do radio for the game. The game isnt how i make a living.The game is how i get away from the real stress of serious competition. This game is also about competition and I feel its important to help new folks simply because they need the help. As far as all this stuff it pales in comparison to my Day to day environment. I simply get joy for helping and its worth all this to me.

Actually because i have been successful in real life allows me the abilty to do radio for the game.

you are successful in real life... so you ask for donation... and not giving out from you own pocket.... tell me i m wrong.

Ed Ward: I have been in broadcasting 26 years. You can be sure of one thing this is as close to a real radio station as Eu has to offer. In all likely hood no matter what your opinion is i will bet i have more experience in broadcasting than any stations announcers combined.
Nope... You might have the experience, but not the in game radio... http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/estate-development/
Live streaming with music of your choice – 25,000 PED
You'd think someone that wants a real in game radio station would look in to stuff like this... sure would be nice to be able to tune in to something other then CND Live... which really won't be CND anymore since the CND is being sold, lol.

you are successful in real life... so you ask for donation... and not giving out from you own pocket....
exactly.

he's promarketting and not running the show, just have a look of his audience, 6 members in his society if it hasn't changed?

well, for info, CND live is heard on Rocktropia

I do and have contributed my money to this game. mentioned earlier that donations only represent about a 1/3. Donations make folks feel good and when they see some one getting helped it creates a nice situation. I feel strongly that a community be a part of the helping, As for choices its a good thing for players to have many ways to be assisted.We are only one additional way. Most important is the way it makes me feel when i go to bed.I feel we have made the game more fun while also creating a fun environment to many many new folks.At the same time the folks that help us also feel good and thats what all this is for. I feel we have something valuable to offer folks,,entertainment is one and prizes are another. Donations help our money we give go farther while accomplishing those other goals i mentioned.

WE are watching.

speak for yourself i am not :eyecrazy:

It only tells me we are begining to do enough good that someones getting hurt and im sure i know who is getting hurt.Its def not the new players in EU.

helping new people at swamp has become a competition now? I guess new players can benefit but I thought the concept of help is to just do that...Help.

Is that a scam...? That is a question everyone would have a different answer to I think. If I give Calpyto a donation then that is basically where it ends. Once I click the button to finalize the trade, it is done. So the responsibility is on ME in that case. I have donated to many in my years in EU and I did my homework first.

All trades are final... there are many that disagree with that but any discussion about it will not change the fact that ALL TRADES ARE FINAL. If the people that are donating to Calypto think he is pocketing all the prizes then after a while he would stop getting donations I think. There is more than enough room for the radio stations we have and maybe a few more.

I am starting to think this thread has run it's course... someone chime in to make it productive... quick!! :laugh:

Hate to do what some Forums call "back seat moderating" but it would of been closed on the first 50 posts if I was a mod ;)

Nope... You might have the experience, but not the in game radio... http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/estate-development/ You'd think someone that wants a real in game radio station would look in to stuff like this... sure would be nice to be able to tune in to something other then CND Live... which really won't be CND anymore since the CND is being sold, lol.

exactly.

As said in +rep, well seen, 25k the legal way, 3us$ the pirate way

We have never focused on being a society. We create a looser group of folks with a common goal.We will never be a society in all honesty im not sure why the six folks joined. Later as we add more folks as announcers then that may become important. But we dont really have time to be a society as all our time is used doing radio itself..I only have a certain amount of time to invest for the game..

you are successful in real life... so you ask for donation... and not giving out from you own pocket.... tell me i m wrong.

not defending anyone but maybe he don't want to use his pocket? i have good success in real life but choose to play eu for free so your point is irrelevant in my opinion

i honestly think people are bored of those stories or will be soon. Like seen in another thread EF used to be a place to gather infos, not read BS about ppl who decided that EU does not worth to play and invented another game.

Why not watch Dallas? :) I always secretly loved Sue hehehe

Last edited:
not defending anyone but maybe he don't want to use his pocket? i have good success in real life but choose to play eu for free so your point is irrelevant in my opinion

lol, after awhile noticed what I said was 100% retarded.

what I wanted to say orginally:

Why ask for donations? As far as I remember when I was a noob, MrE never asked for donations during he AMAZING freaky friday events, and generous people like SashSD would give out 50PED everyweek! and will be given away on the same day on freaky friday. It was soooo transparent.

Donations were never asked, and were given out very generously and very transparent.

I think I need to say it again, transparent. Something Claypto yet to show.

(sigh.... I miss the old day with AHR and MrE and his freaky friday in Club X)

helping new people at swamp has become a competition now? I guess new players can benefit but I thought the concept of help is to just do that...Help.

exactly my point

lol, after awhile noticed what I said was 100% retarded.

what I wanted to say orginally:

Why ask for donations? As far as I remember when I was a noob, MrE never asked for donations during he AMAZING freaky friday events, and generous people like SashSD would give out 50PED everyweek! and will be given away on the same day on freaky friday. It was soooo transparent.

Donations were never asked, and were given out very generously and very transparent.

I think I need to say it again, transparent. Something Claypto yet to show.

(sigh.... I miss the old day with AHR and MrE and his freaky friday in Club X)

I haven't paid too much attention to this issue for certain reasons but I agree if there isn't transparency in a giveaway then issues can arise. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was attacking you or even that you were wrong. Was just stating in my opinion someone doesn't have to use their own funds to run a giveaway (charity?). Ty for clearing it up i sometimes miss read things too I admit

kosmos

Our radio station has a completely different model from day 1. Mabey later as we grow those possibilities may exist. Before we get assitance from Eu we will have to fund the radio station and most folks enjoy what we do. I do understand what u mean..The reality is that we dont have the same advantages our competition has. Until then we will fund the majority of it and accept help from folks that feel what we do is worth helping us, WE never expected to be funded by donations as i said it onl;y represents about a third so we feel we are giving back pleanty and are happy folks will help us. You cant make all folks happy but u can try and thats all we do is try..

The reality is that we dont have the same advantages our competition has.

i m sorry, who r u competing against?? I thought u were helping noobs, not competing

I think I will make this my last post. @ the opening poster there is an old saying I am sure everyone has heard. Actions speak louder than words. Not much to gain from further debate if you want people to believe in you, show them a reason they should.

kosmos

Im on Air right now but will try to answer questions.My typing mat get bad but ill still try to adress any questionsyou may Have..I am glad we finally have arrived at a meaninful civil discussion !!!!

I am starting to think this thread has run it's course... someone chime in to make it productive... quick!! :laugh:

Will this help RJ? ;) ... I'm just sayin'

beatdeadhorse5_461282.gif

so guys, who restart all over? hehe you shy naw or what? hehe

I cant believe I just read this whole thread ...someone please shoot me

:sniper: :banghead:

PS-Why dont you head over to Chat room would be a lot easier :tongue2:

noone wanna be called name on stream asking a question by a 26 years experienced dude?
lolol

Status
Back