Woo Im Getting Banned... :P

this game has not changed much at all, well on the boards atleast :rolleyes:

get a job
stop being poor
it's annoying

Care to explain where TheMZ is wrong?
Care to use more words?
Care to post anything that can be seen as a comment on what he wrote?

He worded it in a maybe-not-so-nice manner, yet what he says is spot on.

Even if you think his post was bullcrap: All you come up with are 3 lines, completely empty phrases - nothing on topic, nothing related to anything he wrote, a mere attempt at trolling... i've seen empties with more content.

So, why did you even post when you got nothing to say?

I think you all need to realize its a free game, yes you can do whatever you want. you can sweat for free, or pay money to kill people sweating because you got picked on in highschool n now you have money. i like wasting my money on mobs that give nothing back. some like wasting their money on poor players who come back cry and beg to do whatever in the pvp zone.

what i'm saying is if you want to pay and have your soul reason to be a complete asshat to other players then thats what you are playing for.

i pay to cry about how i'm just wasting money. :)

Hi Miles,

seems you got me wrong. Maybe I should have explained better.
I'll try now:

So is your position that because bugs were exploited in the past, bugs should be exploitable now and forever?
Not at all.

But my position is that organizing lynch mobs against helpless newbies on the one side, but closing eyes and ears against exploits utilized by better known participants on the other side, is bigoted, hypocritical and abominable.

Lynching those that stole some crumbs while itself socializing with the local mafia boss was always the way of choice for a certain type of people - it's just ways less dangerous, and more rewarding :(

Yes, it is up to MA to act as judge, jury, and possibly executioner for those abusing this or any exploit
Yes. This is MA's job, and only MA's.
as well as those who see fit to oppose them vigilante fashion.
No!
There is a reason vigilante justice is strictly forbidden in all civilized countries in the RL. It has always been used to terrorize disliked outcasts, and very often just by those that had the most skeletons in their closet ...

Answering an offense with another offense isn't a solution, it just doubles the number of offenses.
Any civilized country leaves the legislative, jurisdiction and executive to special, well controlled entities, not to the mob. With a reason.

Intentionally exploiting bugs is cheating, period. It is now, it was then, and unless MA changes the EULA, it will continue to be so. MA should punish those who do it.
Fully agree! MA should investigate, judge and take proper action.
Those who chose to take justice into their own hands also risk running afoul of the EULA, and should suffer the consequences if they do.
Fully agree!
In my opinion they have run afoul yet. I have quoted the paragraph of the TOA that is see fit to.
The vigilantes have denied MA the ability to investigate, judge and take proper action, proclaiming they'd be better in this.
They have acted "harassing or threatening to another person" not only in game but in this forum, too.

Rationalizing away the cheating now because of cheating in the past is fallacious and amoral.
I did not. See above. Cheating is cheating, and should be sanctioned. Period!

But it should be sanctioned by those, and only by those, that are the only ones able and entitled to define "cheating" - MA!

See the dreaded "crafting helpers". It's very easy to declare these as bannable offense, as cheating, because they clearly violate the written words of the EULA and/ or TOA - if this isn't use of 3rd party tools, what else?

MA chooses not to act against, and not to give proper statements, too. (where's our shiny crusaders "crafting terminal patrol", btw? maybe auto-crafting, if they're not harassing newbies?)

MA has chosen not to act against this yet, but to keep the possibility open to act whenever they see fit.

And as as long as they don't do, it's not cheating!

It's MA that defines "cheating", not us!

And it's MA that is to stop it if they see fit, not us!

MA has chosen to stop participants happy to pull trains of mobs onto other participants yet. And MA might not be this happy to be told by some "We know better, and can do your job better!" with their actions.

At least I hope! Because in my humble opinion this game needs anything but self proclaimed vigilantes terrorizing anybody that is not suiting their flavor. Today it's border sweaters, who is it tomorrow?

Have fun!

Hi Miles,

seems you got me wrong. Maybe I should have explained better.
I'll try now:

EDIT: Removed Quote of above post to save space.

Good, it seems we are really not very far apart after all.

Personally, I think there is some room for killing mobs that are being exploited that would not necessarily be interference, but there is much in the way of vigilante action that is inappropriate interference.

My position in this thread has been not one of support for the vigilantes, but rather one of opposition to all those who seek to excuse the cheating. I have never excused any player of any level for taking part in the exploitation of this bug.

Past cheating is no excuse for current cheating, just as MA's imperfect enforcement is no excuse for vigilante justice.

"Auto-Crafting" is another issue, and best left out of this thread, but I have my opinions about that too :).

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
Ahh it's just certain cheats, with ya now :scratch2:

Last edited:
Ahh it's just certain cheats, with ya now :scratch2:

If that is directed at me, no. It is just a topic that has been discussed endlessly in other threads and I see no need to inject it into this specific debate. Since you have contributed nothing to this thread beyond some very gentle trolling, I'll leave it at that.

:beerchug:

Miles

Ooo I feel like I have just been sent to my room :ahh:

Well I decided to take the law into my own hands about this sweat exploit, so I got my fraps out and started recording. Me and my friend attacked the place with a Maffoid that killed a few of the people, and then killed the mobs that were trapped. Then good old rety rety tavy started freaking out about how we were gunna get banned and how he banned other people... What a funny guy. Anyways I got it all on video along with the names of the people who where there. You can expect that it will be on youtube soon :p Anyone think MA will do anything?

Sweat prices have dropped drastically. The way i see it, why would MA want to intervine when its harder for people who dont deposite to thrive in EU?

I dont see MA doing anything at all, maybe even silently encouraging it. Hey, more money for them :/

Sweat prices have dropped drastically. The way i see it, why would MA want to intervine when its harder for people who dont deposite to thrive in EU?

I dont see MA doing anything at all, maybe even silently encouraging it. Hey, more money for them :/

Indeed, why would Mindark or we care about sweaters ?

Why care about the new costumers ?
Why care about the few between them that might deposit loads ?
Why care about those that might have been the new Neverdie's ?

Who needs them, we all deposit more then enough, don't we ?

All we need is the magic CE2 VU.10 and everything will be ok, right ?

Just my 2 pec for the next uber hof, good luck finding it. ;)

I read alot of people that somehow decided to link the "exploiting" with the declining price of sweat, so, a few words about that:

The price was going downhill for a good 2-2.5 years now. It has seen ups and downs, but these last 2.5 years, it's been going straight down even before this bug was discovered. It still keeps going down, people still compromise on low prices, and unless something miraculous happens, we will reach 1-2 PEDs per 1K very soon. bunch of orange-suits 'sploting can in no way affect the economy.

Do remember that sweat has a TT value of 0, it's value, is "potential", meaning people will buy it in order to produce something (ME) which can be then used for various purposes.

The only way sweat can affect the economy would be if people would STOP sweating and selling stock sweat.

It's like "sweat inflation" - the more sweat people gather, the sweat's price will go down.

I do have a theory though. I assume that about 50% of the people who do make use of ME have lost their ability to sweat, meaning they are somehow dependent on the sweaters. If sweaters decide to stop selling for regular prices, then people WILL pay more. Or, open another account.. :/

I wasn't here for verry long... But wasn't there a limit way back when, to how much sweat one could make? They should re implement that limit.

I do have a theory though. I assume that about 50% of the people who do make use of ME have lost their ability to sweat, meaning they are somehow dependent on the sweaters. If sweaters decide to stop selling for regular prices, then people WILL pay more. Or, open another account.. :/

Same for hunters,miners,crafters so not a very valid theory :D

Why not bring back the SWEAT CAP

It's basically the only thing that will help...

As for this topic *unsubscribe*
I see no point in mixing in a discussion anymore...

Too many topics, too many BS

Why not bring back the SWEAT CAP

It's basically the only thing that will help...

As for this topic *unsubscribe*
I see no point in mixing in a discussion anymore...

Too many topics, too many BS

Sweat cap is a bad idea!

It will only lead to even more multi-account usage (which is against TOS).

I like sweating sometimes... don't ask for that to be taken away. :D

This is not true Letum has never shot anyone in back in EU, they were all running away and did not turn to see their Death. Run backwards to avoid from being shot in the back if you do not like it. Letum is in PVP4 right now if you like to try to kill him and if there is no humans to kill in PVP4 then He will come out and kill all you human invaders.
Hail Bots!

Letum

How far you are from Letum, who shoot noobs in the back?
Oh, forgive me, you have a cause.
Let me laugh.

btw - let the "pissweak" for you. I didnt noticed I said something abusive against you or OP.
gl

Sweat cap is a bad idea!

It will only lead to even more multi-account usage (which is against TOS).

I like sweating sometimes... don't ask for that to be taken away. :D

heehee, notice how MA have taken the "Registered Accounts" counter off their website since they removed the sweat cap LOL

heehee, notice how MA have taken the "Registered Accounts" counter off their website since they removed the sweat cap LOL

LOL'd so are you telling that mob cannot turn dry now ? :0000

1) Exploiting is bad
2) Pointing fingers as a snich is worse
3) Sweat price is going down
4) It aint going down because of 10 exploiters
5) It going down because there are 10 000 sweaters and 1000 ME users

MA should be aware of the exploit and patch it somehow. Its their shame afterall.
Be ashamed to bug some poor guy exploiting a game to scrap 5 peds to play.

Case closed.

I.

i so damn dont care about if someone uses a sweat exploit wich wont last forever ... as said before .. its MA's problem, not yours ... get over it boy

This is not true Letum has never shot anyone in back in EU, they were all running away and did not turn to see their Death. Run backwards to avoid from being shot in the back if you do not like it. Letum is in PVP4 right now if you like to try to kill him and if there is no humans to kill in PVP4 then He will come out and kill all you human invaders.
Hail Bots!

Letum

All Entropians shall Hence forth Hunt down and Terminate this Letum Latro as he is the Worst scum bag on Calypso. He makes TheMZ look like a {Insert Own Term Here} by comparison. :lolup::lolup:

I think these two are Really secretly jealous of the Boorum ans thus are in a pissy mood
:lolup::lolup:
I think someone gave em both Estrogen injections telling them they were Male enhancement drugs:lolup::lolup:

All in good Laughs

on a serious Note killing mobs that are being sweated Regardless of Exploit Is Not stated in the EULA/TOU at all. This would be referred to in the same General sense as "Kill Stealing".
It is Not Defined in the TOU as a means of Interfering with another players Game experience / enjoyability. There are no Lines of Demarcation for Sweating and or Hunting Areas.
People will do what they want Regardless of what Rules state.
It is funny how some Expect others to Follow Unwritten rules that are Not always known by everyone else. what would make more of an Impact on this specific Exploit is if MA stood up and said hey Knock it off or Else on the Client loader spefically to this bug. would it mean the possibility of more avys using the bug to "Rebel" only if there dumb enough to do that sure. yes some may choose to ignore it others might just see that for sweating it really isn't worth it to get locked Out due to a Glitch in the system.

Something Else to Keep in Mind Not every noob or sweater Knows what a Glitch in EU looks like. Let alone knows anything about it getting them Locked.

I'm more interested in a detail on the first post.... "We attacked with a Maffoid"....

...you're working with the Maffoids now? Got 'em on side? What did it take, promise of some timotei conditioner for all that fur? Bag of chewy sweets?
Whatever, it's nice to see people and vicious teddy bears together.

:)

Hurrikane

If you are a honest sweater sweating at Nea's ?

About 5hours*400bottles*0.004 ped per bottle = 8 ped

If you are a honest sweater sweating at Nea's and have a life ?

About 2hours*400bottles*0.004 ped per bottle = 3.20 ped

If you are a cheating son of a glitch using an autoclicker on a stuck and eternally sweaty Exo ?

About 24hours*500bottles*0.004 ped per bottle = 48 ped

(500 instead of 400 because of not wasting time for dying and running back to the group from revival)

So it's 48 ped a day - power cost - depreciation of computer = a waste of time

I say leave the poor bastards :D

and they don't need people pointing fingers saying "That guy is breaking the EULA! Ban him !!!"

Listen, Bud, if the truth hurts, put you head back under you blankie and such on your thumb. You break the rules, you should get punished. It has nothing to do with my ego, i don't care if i never get anything for my efforts, it costs me ammo and decay on my equipment.

the real egos are the 'ploiters, they can't handel that they have been caught red handed doing something wrong, and htey can't handle that they have been embarrsed so they lash out at us "egomainiacs" who are the EULA "ToU" as those are our rights on Calypso. If someone interfered with your rights what would you do? would you just sit there an say "oh well! theres nothing i can do"? You would *itch and Moan about how the Goverment is not looking out for you and how ppl should do something. Your Kind of ppl are happy to cheat lie and steal as long as it does not happen to you.

You dont care what happens to other ppl as long as they leave you alone to and don't interfere with your little scheem to suck the system dry. guys like vzvz92 are the real EGO's, they are probly steriod infused Roid Ragers in RL that beat little kids in the school yard and extorted lunch money out of them.

To the best of my knowledge none of the ppl doing border patrol and killing these mobs do not belittle the people exploiting niether do they engadge in derogertory name calling. i wont say that this does not happen, but i would like to remind those of us doing this that the best retort to vapid stupidity is to smile and say "Thank You - You have just proved that your calculater is smarter than you"

To the best of my knowledge none of the ppl doing border patrol and killing these mobs do not belittle the people exploiting niether do they engadge in derogertory name calling. i wont say that this does not happen,
Priceless! Never seen such a vacuous defense

MA should make that spot PVP.

I second that, then we can steal the sweat they have been collecting and go hide it away somewhere, LOL!

Imagine some newbie findes a 20 000K cache of sweat lieing around in the woods :laugh:

I think some thing sould be clarified:

Yes, i think it would be good if the sweat price stabilized, i am a ME user!

But this is SO not about the sweat price anymore. This is about people abusing the rights of the Calypso On-line Community. Regardless of what MA does about this, those of us who take time out of their rest periods don't expect rewards or medals. We just want you to obey the rules and have fun. We don't want praise, we don't care if nobody ever recognizes us and gives us recognition, but we do not deserve to be verbally abused on-line whether in the game or on the forum. If you can't play by the rules then go somewhere else.

Oh i don't give me that "oh but i can't afford to deposit so i need to make money some how"! i have not yet deposited into the game, i have not yet needed to. i am saving up for a piece of property though and i will have to deposit to have that, and i am going to have to buy furnishings from some one. Maybe i have been lucky, mabey i have been clever but one thing i have never been is a cheat. You can play this game with out depositing but don't expect to be running around in fancy armor anytime soon. i'm still running around in OJ's with an opalo most of the time but then again i am a miner not a hunter. i would rather try to TP out of trouble.

... This is about people abusing the rights of the Calypso On-line Community... We just want you to obey the rules and have fun... If you can't play by the rules then go somewhere else.

I summarize this as:
"If I think that you abuse my rights, I demand you to obey to my rules and else you have to leave"

I need to vomit :rolleyes:

If this is the way our online gaming experience is going...

Who are you anyway?!
7 posts, never heard of you and you are mingling in a discussion that is as old as Methusalem. Not this particular "exploit", but "exploits" in general and all thinkable issues about the value of ME.
What on earth do you know about the background of this game? The experience that alot of players had before with the company that created that particular EULA?

I myself for example should at least have 1 day of sweat auto-clicking (48 ped value?!) for the 5000 ammo that just disappeared when I was hunting in May 2003. Never had any decend reaction on my support case from the company that created the EULA.
But I swallowed that (like alot of other issues) because I like the game and I support that company. The same way that company tolerates most smaller "exploits" from bugs that they don't rush to fix... That company needs us, more then we need them and they know that!!

Just shut up, that last post really made me sick!!
It sounds like "Uncle Sam is watching you",
it sounds like people in the USA sewing each others as off in court for nothing,
it sounds like "please step out of the car sir and then they beat you half to dead" because you had 2 drinks or 0,5 a gram of weed on you,
it sounds like a paranoid community in which I don't want to live.

Project Entropia should not be like that. LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!

Last edited:
Back