Entropia Holdings - Official Thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
I have decided to cancel the EHC Fund Concept and focus strictly on the Brokerage Service.

As such, invested parties have been contacted for full refunds of their investments which are being provided immediately.

Thank you for your interest.

If you have real estate or high items items you are looking to sell or purchase, please contact me.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I think ur really smart:) and u have come up with an great idea I suppose I could join and help you=)

hm.... good luck :D

Many have tried to do something like this, and most have failed. The notable example is the Entropia Investment Fund who do now collectively own two land areas.

Your big problem is that you're new. You mention the trust issue and that's a factor of course, but also you'll need to demonstrate that you know what you're doing if you want people to take you seriously. That requires a good knowledge of the game (particularly relating to land area operation in your case).

I'm still learning about EU after two years here, and I'm sure many would say the same.

Have you done thorough research? Do you have a business plan?

Another obstacle to you is the fact that there is no in-game system for collective ownership. From what you said in your initial post you seem to know that already. I can certainly say that I'd be more interested in this type of scheme if such a thing existed, but it doesn't and from what MA have said in the past it doesn't appear to be about to happen any time soon.

Good luck with it, it sounds more promising than most of the others I've seen :)

Last edited:
Good points and thank you.

No, I do not know all there is to know about the game, but I do know business.

Since highschool where I founded my first company which I sold just after my 21st birthday I've done nothing but read every magazine, marketing, business startup book I could find. I now make between $10,000 to $40,000 per month depending on my events, and I have a 6 figure dot com preparing for it's initial beta launch.

I wouldn't mislead anyone into thinking I know the game well, however, I know people and I am capable of leading people together to collaboratively make educated decisions for the betterment of a greater mass of people.

There really doesn't need to be an in game system for such a fund, it's not exactly the purpose of the game. The community on the other hand, much like a guild forming their own community and farming resources to then put together to build cities, or castles etc, is the meat of any great effort. By bringing together a group of people who both know the game and are willing to invest, we establish a central board who will combine their knowledge of the game and ideas to the benefit of everyone.

I have a plan in my head but no, not on paper as yet, though the concept is simple. Once I have an initial group of interested investors, I would then begin work on the website and the initial plan and handbook for investors on what to expect, what roles they can play etc.

subscribing.......

Another RD or EIF? :scratch2:

Whatever the intentions, it's not easy to make money in EU. Especially without years of experience here.

But ofc it's possible.
I sure hope that at least the intentions are good, in which case I'll say:
Welcome to EU and EF. :tiphat:

:popcorn:

I am a 30 year old family man and an MMA Fight Promoter from Ohio. I promote events all over hosting UFC veterans matched against my Champions, various size venues from small halls to full scale arenas.
--------
I am an avid MMORPG player with emphasis on crafting and profit generation because thats exciting to me. I typically end up one of the wealthiest players on any given server by establishing strong relationships/customers and dealing with other crafters.
--------
So, my goals at this point are to put together a community based real estate fund.
--------
Q: Who would maintain and control this development fund and how can we trust you?
A: I would of course, though since this is pertaining to real life money the appropriate protection measures would be taken to legally protect the members of the fund.
--------
Q: Would their be a voting committee to oversee new purchases and development?
A: Yes, there would be a board of directors much like any other corporation comprised of it's highest shareholders. This group would vote regularly on the newest ventures of the fund, purchases and the like.
--------
Q: Would this fund have a website of it's own?
A: Yes, the fund would have a site of its own, ran and updated by me on a very regular basis. Our site would contain earnings reports, new purchases, new investors and their bios etc.
--------
I'm very serious about this venture and I hope to find other like minded individuals who see the future of Entropia in the same light I do. This is only the beginning of a new age and together, we can make big things happen.

:wtg: :yay:

I quoted a few lines of your post because they are heavily involved in my question.... So.. here it comes..

How much time will you spend to make your fund the best?

Since you are a family man, work as a promotor, playing other mmorpgs AND you also are ready to start a fund, run the fund, run the website.. aso... aso...

Gosh.. I am not questioning your knowledge here, I think your thoughts and intentions are good and I'm a bit interested to join you. You obviously know what you are doing in business.... BUT

I for certain.. I have a full time job, a house and my little family (a 3 year old son and gf). This takes almost all of my time! I don't have very much time left for own interests like EU or watching sports on TV or whatever. My 3 year old is at his best age, many things happening right now and I want to be there and watch him and help him. The house needs alot of attention also, with garden and all.

Where will you find the time to make this work?? I know I wouldn't..
Will you quit playing other mmorpgs and play EU full time?

Reasonable questions I think..

(English is not my first language so the post might contain errors.. :cool:)

My intentions are very good I assure.

I currently have some interested parties sending me PM's.

So everyone knows, I'm currently gauging interest over the next 24 hours or so. Once I have a handful of interested investors I will break down the initial plans and send them off to each potential investor for review. Once approved by the group I will setup the website for the group and begin collecting initial investments at which point we will begin discussing our first venture in detail.

This will be an ongoing venture, but will take place in specific time frames. In other words, we will set dates for new investment dollars to enter the fund but we wont be collecting funds around the clock. This will help keep things situated without getting anyone confused.

Make sense?

If you are interested, PM me and I will add you to my list of investors to receive the information.

Any further questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks folks!

:)

Great questions.

Ok, I work from home 9am to 5pm like anyone else, however, the majority of my work is phone work and emails which I am quite effective at maintaining while furthering myself in EU.

No, I won't be playing any other MMORPG's. Just fight promotion and EU. :)

I spent a great deal of time with my 6 yr old, 11month old and my second baby girl will be born this coming Thursday!!!!!! Come on Allyssa.

So, even though I am busy, I do have help getting things done and will be able to effectively maintain the fund and handle the website etc.

As for your lack of time, quite honestly I think it's perfect considering voting and discussion will take place online and through emails so technically you'd never have to even be logged into EU to be a part of the fund.

Good points and thank you.

No, I do not know all there is to know about the game, but I do know business.

Since highschool where I founded my first company which I sold just after my 21st birthday I've done nothing but read every magazine, marketing, business startup book I could find. I now make between $10,000 to $40,000 per month depending on my events, and I have a 6 figure dot com preparing for it's initial beta launch.

If ur making $10k-40k a month why would u need other peoples money? Something doesn't add up here. As a business man surely u would b quick to realise potential and go it alone. For that reason sorry but Im out

GL anyways and a free bump

That pretty much answers my questions.. I will probably have more questions later tho.. :D

Gratz to your next little one.. :yay:

If ur making $10k-40k a month why would u need other peoples money? Something doesn't add up here. As a business man surely u would b quick to realise potential and go it alone. For that reason sorry but Im out

GL anyways and a free bump

Maybe he sees Entropia to big a risk to use his own money.. and just want to play with our money.... smart for him... bad for investors :D

well if it's successful, in the long run it could produce more assets than he could afford by himself.

Who holds the deeds to all these LAs?

Thats where my level of trust falls over, maybe someone I know in RL but an unknown 1000's of miles away hmm not gonna happen for me.

Maybe he sees Entropia to big a risk to use his own money.. and just want to play with our money.... smart for him... bad for investors :D

Hmm dunno why but Im thinking banks here ;)

All very good points.

#1. Why not use all my own money?
For one, I have a family of 5 in a nice big house with lots of nice big bills. Make more spend more as they say. Secondly, as stated earlier, I dont know enough about the game as a whole to make all the wisest decisions and therefore feel as though multiple heads are better than one. Finally, as in the real estate business of any kind, never use what you can get from others. Sounds harsh but is the truth. When Donald Trump opens a new skyscraper so you think he spent all of his own money to do it? NO WAY! He's makes deal with banks and investors etc. You ever hear "Never get high on your own supply"? Bad analogy but the same bodes true in about anything.

We work together to combine our efforts to do better than any one person could on his/her own...

Just some observations, not an attack, for people to think about:

You're very good with words. When I see something like this, while you claim to be professional and work with computers so language would need to be a good quality, I begin to question things.

I love language and breaking it down and learning what people like and don't like to hear. In the case of the original post and the answers that come after it, they're very comforting.

Things that set me off would be that you technically have the money to do this yourself (I'm aware you answered this in a previous post but it still sticks to some degree.) and the words "tick off" in the first post because, let's face it, that is a major understatement. We all know what happens to some people in other games when someone steals an item of rarity/value from another player.

The fact that you've won some people over from the first post also sits uneasy to me because that very much makes me believe that it was designed, not written.

Just saying...

im new to this game , please give me you money and ill try not to lose it all while i spend a couple of years learning how the game works

AS IF PMSL

or worse ;

please give me some money , im way too clever to invest my own money

worse still

please give me money, ill withdraw it and have fun spending it

"Trust me , i know what im doing" :laugh:

perhaps an email to MA would be in order?

Just some observations, not an attack, for people to think about:

You're very good with words. When I see something like this, while you claim to be professional and work with computers so language would need to be a good quality, I begin to question things.

I love language and breaking it down and learning what people like and don't like to hear. In the case of the original post and the answers that come after it, they're very comforting.

Things that set me off would be that you technically have the money to do this yourself (I'm aware you answered this in a previous post but it still sticks to some degree.) and the words "tick off" in the first post because, let's face it, that is a major understatement. We all know what happens to some people in other games when someone steals an item of rarity/value from another player.

The fact that you've won some people over from the first post also sits uneasy to me because that very much makes me believe that it was designed, not written.

Just saying...

good points :wise:

though I would expect a 'pitch' to be designed not written. After all he is pitching his idea and people practice, rehearse and refine their pitches when they are trying to persuade people to commit to their venture.

I have to admit I chuckled a bit when reading some of the recent responses.

I am not Obama. haha

I have spent a while pondering whether or not I should dive into something big in a game like this and know I have a lot to learn about the mechanics of the game in general which lead me to the idea of a community effort.

I'm not making anyone do anything they don't wish to do. Im simply stating an idea I feel would work out to everyones benefit and I trust myself to have the tenacity to pull it off.

I'm jealous of guys like Neverdie who were able to cash in off of the newness of this Universe and I know I have the tools to make a name for myself in it.

If I were seriously wanting to scam people, believe me, this would be much more well thought out prior to trying to gauge interest in the concept. On top of that, I would have put together a nice brochure and got the contact names of the top people in the game and presented them with a minimum buy in with a catch to ensure I make all the money etc etc Kind of like how some people are making millions off of brokering Iraqi Dinar curreny.

This is a simple concept I believe has merit and am interested in bringing in others to work together so we can all make some money.

Let's say I was broke, but bright and were able to make a handful of people a handsome return on their money, would my personal financial status matter? Ok, maybe it would actually to most people but I'm the kind of guy who likes to find talent in the rough and polish them into a diamond. I am a Freemason afterall and hey, thats what we do.

The best thing I can say is, if you aren't comfortable with this concept, then of course don't touch it. If the concept doesn't work out and never happens, I'll be just fine without it. But, if the idea sounds fun and a little exciting, then why not?

Thats how I feel about it anyway.

Hi There,

Subscribing to thread.

I shall follow your progress with the interest of possibly joining this opportunity upon your inception and demonstration of planned activites into this venture.

I am guessing we are speaking to MMA Big Show, President: Jason Appleton ?

Take Care and Good Luck,
It seems you have done your initial research,
Fire Sparkz Lavawalker.

Yet, tis aye, Jason Appleton.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to mention my name in this thread because I didn't want my fighters finding this. lol

Oh well, haha.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to mention my name in this thread because I didn't want my fighters finding this. lol

Oh well, haha.

It was an easy find my friend ;)

Ok good to know. At least that should start the trust process going ;)

~ Sparkz

Oh well, haha.

you'll come to find that if things go tits up that there are individuals in Entropia that will find out where you live and the like and post it on another website, in the past where one guy scammed another for a rather nice set of armour, long story short scammer said that his brother sold it and he shot his brother in the knee... at the time a lot of well respected members in the community believed him, but when he didn't come through on promising to pay it back people tracked down where he lived, his license plate on his car...

Estate investments in terms of LAs

Hi,

I know you wish to have this opportunity open to as many as possible, though some points to consider :

You may wish to consider your proposed minimum investment amount when it comes to investing within LAs.

Generally today and I would be sure with a certain level of competency that you will not find LAs valued under 250k ped, 25k USD of which can easily go above the 500k ped mark for those located next to or containing a teleporter and/or outpost shelter (with auctioneer/crafting terminal/storage facilities). The same will apply for newly released land areas upon current continents and upon newly released;

With this in mind, to keep your record keeping somewhat more maintainable with such large valued investments, you may wish to consider a minimum amount of 100 USD / 1000 ped.

Just something to keep in mind. It also keeps your investors within the serious scope and not the, 'well who cares its only 10 bucks' mindset.

This also would come in line with various countries tax rules (if ever they do become applicable down the track for virtual investments) regarding returns upon of assets valued 100 dollars or more.

RCE is still in it's youth and tax departments around the world / state departments I guess this would come under & congress within the US are still considering ways to tackle virtual finance, virtual item ownership and other income generating virtual assets.

Hope this input will help with the design of your planned inception.

~ Sparkz

Last edited:
you'll come to find that if things go tits up that there are individuals in Entropia that will find out where you live and the like and post it on another website, in the past where one guy scammed another for a rather nice set of armour, long story short scammer said that his brother sold it and he shot his brother in the knee... at the time a lot of well respected members in the community believed him, but when he didn't come through on promising to pay it back people tracked down where he lived, his license plate on his car...

Start to get on the dramatic side of things here Badger,

Yes there are some whacko's in this world, but generally you will find most people here on EF are nice enough people.

Jason has a concept to put forward to the community at large,
I think running fight events he knows the sort of whacko people that can be found out there and already having a a successfully operating fights event business, I highly doubt at this point he is one of your every day scammers :D

With that being said, please allow him to demonstrate what he has to offer rather than critics and other putting things are the completely whacko end of the scale the whole time :rolleyes:

~ Sparkz

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back