An Idea I have...

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
Ok, so I'm obviously getting established in my efforts with the Brokerage Service and the Investment Fund.

I'm thinking to myself, I read every issue of Beckett Massive Online Gamer magazine, and there is never anything related to EU in the rag.

I've just sent them an email asking for permission to submit an article defining EU in some what of a guide format while expressing the potential for actual investments and the like.

Now, almost every magazine out there is willing to add articles into ad buys. Meaning, if I buy an ad in the mag, they are more apt to letting me publish an article relating to the ad. You would be surprised as to how many articles you read in magazines today are paid for.

In any case, some of the things I was considering doing is placing a Quarter Page ad in the rag (depending on rates) promoting the Brokerage Service under the Investment Fund, hoping that if I can get people who aren't familiar with EU excited with an article, they may also follow up on the ad and get involved.

So my question to all of you who run businesses in EU, how many of you might be interested in chipping in for an ad in exchange for mention of yourself and the services you offer?

Think of it like a guide on how to get started, what to expect and who to contact when certain things are needed along the way...

Would this be of interest to anyone?

Could be a ground breaking first, could be worthless. I think I'm going to try it regardless as I think it will be fun.

:beerchug:

Last edited:
Newcomer & shopping guides are already existing as free service from users for users, why anyone should pay for ? In addition to this, most shops are kinda good known due there aren't too much, maybe 150 really used shops and that it was. You may try again when there are more planets and 100k+ active users, then shop count may raise to 1000+, then it may be useful, but reality is other, maybe 10k active players with 150 shops, as I said, so, kinda easy to keep the overview (with the free guides).

(I know what you mean, I'm doing all kind of guides IRL as business making a shitload with that, but EU simply still is far too small for that and even if it grows bigger I'm not sure if it could stand) :)

Get rich (&famous) or keep tryin', I give you a hint, stop doing second ;)

Didn't Massive magazine go out of print in 2007? :scratch2:

I understand your point, but I like to do things to keep things interesting and wondered if there might be others who feel the same way.

It's almost a historical effort! hehe

I guess I'll do it on my own and see what happens.

I'm thinking to myself, I read every issue of MASSIVE magazine, and there is never anything related to EU in the rag.

I've just sent them an email asking for permission to submit an article defining EU in some what of a guide format while expressing the potential for actual investments and the like.

Ok, I've been trying to stay off the "beat mmabigshow into the ground bandwagon" but I am starting to loose my resolve. Like Centech already pointed out, MASSIVE magazine closed shop last year. You said you just sent them an e-mail and you want us to invest in your idea. Don't you think that sounds fishy to the rest of us? :scratch2: Someone else posted today about a business they want to start:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ard-s-smart-trade-terminal-solution-stts.html
Notice how they put some thought into it and articulated what they planned to do and how they intend to make money doing it? I think you may want to look at that model and follow it a bit. You are sounding less and less credible as time goes by. I hope I am wrong about this, but so far I don't think I am. :rolleyes:

well, massive printed two issues, with a small mention of eu in each. and then quit publishing.

you're saying it's back in an online only version?

well, massive printed two issues, with a small mention of eu in each. and then quit publishing.

you're saying it's back in an online only version?

I believe it is in print as well.

No!

I have a copy right here. I've read the last few issues. Do I need to scan them? haha Beckett apparently bought MASSIVE and changed the name...

They didn't even know what EU was and the contact I just talked to is going to try and push an article through for me for the next issue which is going to be a Free To Play issue...so, perfect.

I think mmabigshow is very creative. He is the kind of person that will end up coming up with a ground breaking idea one day. And balls... This guy continues to post his ideas here knowing full well that he is going to get slammed. When Henry Ford came up with an idea for a horseless carrige, people probably thought he was crazy too.... Or when orville and wilbur wright said they would make an airplane, people said wtf, these guys have lost their mind. Anyway, gratz bigshow....keep em coming!

Ok, quarter page ad will run around $1,000, but I can probably negotiate that down a bit. Mix the ad with a full article on the game and its opportunity and such and I think this could become something.

I'm simply offering this opportunity as something fun for some of you who take your business in EU seriously and want to do something different, or "outside the box" if you will.

I had to convince them this wasn't about farming money as they dont allow those types of ads anymore because game developers raise hell about them. Which I understand, but in explaining the concept of EU they are very interested in doing something.

So, if you want involved, let me know.

Nice idea.

Have you contacted MA's marketing department? they may or may not provide some $$ for your campaign or maybe offer some free (L) item for using a sign-up code in your article.

I'm writing up my article now and will be sending it off to MA to get their insight before sending it to Beckett.

I'm off for now but will be back tomorrow with any updates.

This could actually turn out to be something. Good one MMA, you have me interested now.

mmabigshow strikes again :) well in a good way ofc. Yeah some more commercial about EU wouldn't hurt so GJ and GL. Hope some more ppl will join

So you want to put up an ad/article to bring in more market manipulators and resellers who don't actually play the game but "invest" in items with the intention of driving the prices even higher than they already are? And those of us who actually think this is a game should be excited about this because...?

i th ink this is great initiative and appauld this effort. HOWEVER i do so wish someone less wet behind the ears be behind this article.

what is this article exactly and what kind of ad will you be running?

the thing is that the best and most profitable avatars are long time players that know the game. even the most hated resellers know the game.

yes, a lot of rl skill translate into this game, but every one is a real noob at 1st. i have been here two years and still know at least 70% of the content is unknown to me.
(monsters, weapons, items etc) never heard of it, seen it, etc. in some way plenty is out there to learn.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well sounds like a good idea tbh... provided MA likes it too :rolleyes:

Tbh i like the idea. I don't like how the poor guy is gettign slammed at a good idea.... Yes, he needs someone with some experience to help him, i won't deny he appears really green, but his initiative is commendable. We were all "noob" at some point, cut the poor guy some slack and show him the way around instead of laughin him off. Many good ideas and minds go to waste cause they are not encouraged, and i personally think he has some chance of takin it serious. But on that note, you HAVE to take it serious and do some research, move around, get involved with things, see what EU has to offer. It's not all about money, and that is where u are gonna lose a ton of potential backers and support, ur attitude. Take a breather and find a good guide to show u the finer aspects of EU, take some serious time and burn some peds. Learn what the average plight in EU is ;)

I understand what many of you are saying, however, the article isn't being written from the perspective of an "uber", it's being written from the perspective of someone who has played EU for a little over a month, is almost level 10 is some things and has explored a fair bit along with burning through $500 worth of PED to get a feel for various things.

I'm doing my thing and trying to get folks involved, but I can tell that it's really a one man show where individuality and pioneering spirit are rewarded in times of positive outcome but not joined with prior to success in EU.

Thats fine, hey, I'm having fun and enjoying myself and the naysayers and crabby pants of this forum make me chuckle anymore.

I've learned not to take the negative posts and comments too seriously and appreciate the positive comments for what they are.

I'm a generous guy, always have been and rather than wanting company in my misery like many others, I enjoy sharing the excitement of the positive ventures to come.

Take it for what you will.

gl big show , u sure do hav a lot of ideas for a noob but hey its all risk vs rewards and it seems you enjoy the financial aspects of the game more than the actual game itself. personally i think its a bad idea to spend 1k usd on advertising on a game that you have personally invested 500 usd in , thats just bad advertisement costs, if you had 50k or 100k usd invested it would be a lot more justified as an expenditure, you seem to be operating as a business here and that doesn't seem like it would benefit YOU or YOUR pocket. but hey i'm all for getting more players to eu, i play from a non depositer point of view so anyone you can ge to come fill the loot pool is welcome :laugh:

anyway good luck with your operations MMA (what does this mean neway?!)
eventually you'll run into the opportunity that your looking for i'm sure of it

GL

Good work MMA. :wtg:

+rep you again when I can.

$1000 for a quarter page ad seems pretty pricey to me. few years ago I think the going rate for a full page ad in a game mag was $2000 to $2500...guess it depends on the magazine.

If I where you I would wait until the first crytopia updates (give it a few months) and then see where the demand is....if you need more buyers and investors then get an ad....otherwise if you are looking for sellers that want to get rid of realestate i suggest stick to the ingame ads. Or come up with creative ideas and make a post on EF to get free advertising ;)

I understand what many of you are saying, however, the article isn't being written from the perspective of an "uber", it's being written from the perspective of someone who has played EU for a little over a month, is almost level 10 is some things and has explored a fair bit along with burning through $500 worth of PED to get a feel for various things.

I'm doing my thing and trying to get folks involved, but I can tell that it's really a one man show where individuality and pioneering spirit are rewarded in times of positive outcome but not joined with prior to success in EU.

Thats fine, hey, I'm having fun and enjoying myself and the naysayers and crabby pants of this forum make me chuckle anymore.

I've learned not to take the negative posts and comments too seriously and appreciate the positive comments for what they are.

I'm a generous guy, always have been and rather than wanting company in my misery like many others, I enjoy sharing the excitement of the positive ventures to come.

Take it for what you will.

I'm sure the crabby pants of the forum are also chuckling at the month old player who upsets various forum members, gets a week ban for threats and with every 4th thread wants money from them (Holdings, Signatures, Advertising)

Well, you keep blowing through your $500's of PED and when you have got a better "feel for things" you may start taking on board some of the more negative comments of posters who have been here YEARS.

You sound jealous.

Kind of funny.

Am I blocking the view of your mirror?

:whiner:

I like the idea, but it's far from my knowledge about investment funds.

What I learned during my life is that a good idea is only good enough as the timing.

I have several times been to early and lost interest and then later seen that my idea went big.

-96 I offered all the estate agents in my town to make a website where people could browse the estates they had out for offer. No one answerd :)

But as long as you are prepared to spend time and money knowing it could turn out with nothing there is no problem.

My self would not invest in something like EU with other than my "play money".

GL and again, a great idea.

oy there

It would be interesting to know how many copies are being printed of that magazine when considering the price. But 2000$ sounds like a lot.

I should think that if u can write something good enough it could be printed as is. By paying to get it there, u will essentially be funding MAs marketing.

If u want that its ur choice, i know i probably wouldnt, (no chance in hell i could :D )

Besides that i think that most players and MA and everyone but my ex, is happy with as many as possible entropians ;D so would be great if u did it.

I have the feel that u are better off than me MMA - real life economy wise - and if u can burn 2k$us for kicks and not have a hungry september october and ½ of november, id say by all means do it ;D

If u decide to do it u could consider showing some of the ppl here on the forum the article before u hand it over - there might be some good points ur missing :D

I would +rep u but i havent really understood what the rep thing is about, so sry but u aint gettin :D

ohh and by the way, you call ur self MMA - do u work with that proffesionally? or are u just sportsgeek like meself?

Back