Lucky Akbar Sylphe

Some are suggesting that Akbar was a non-depositor, or was in desparate need of money. As far as I know, neither is true: he has deposited, although at times he took long breaks from depositing when he became unsure of whether to continue to play, often disappointed about the VUs.

As I know him, he has always has been careful with spending, going for the economical way. He also understands that one can get HOFs by "investing" some peds in it and doing raids on the bigger mobs, but that is not his point (if I may speak for him). If you would take all he has done throughout the years together, I can understand him being frustrated that he didn't get a single HOF, not that that was his main goal (otherwise he would have spent money on that specifically).

I myself am a careful player (if I am online at all), and my achievements are nothing compared to Akbar's, nor the time spent online, yet I HOF'ed at least twice.... If I would extrapolate that to his efforts, he would have had more than 100 HOFs... examples don't prove the point, but it still feels he was unlucky when it comes to getting a HOF.

thats quite sad mate, not even 1 HoF!! I don't believe that. maybe casue its saving up to an ATH :)

In many ways Akbar provides an exemplar of a player that should have had a HOF or two. He has egaged in activities which should have given him a hof for extended periods of time.

On a more general basis, he spends a great deal of time supporting other players, was in game a great deal and stood as the 'backbone' of one of the oldest soc's in the game. His contribution to this forum has also been very considerable.

From a player perspective he had the skill and knowledge of the game to be able to play for extended periods of time without depositing (how many of us can claim this). This doesn't mean that he couldn't deposit - just that he decided when to deposit.

This shouldn't be seen as a negative issue - IMO the players that deposit large amounts into the game on a regular basis because they can't play without doing so eventually come to their senses and chip out - poorer for the experience.

He has been 'unlucky' in game. I hope he comes back and his 'luck' improves.

Keep your head up m8!! Ever since I dimished on depositing and making lots of long hunts every week, my amount of hoFs and globals has decreased dramatically as well.
Do I want to keep depositing bigtime, just to get HoFs that still don't compensate for my losses... no! Do you...?!

All though I do agree that it really sucks for a player like you that the odds not even once fell on your side during all these years and the effort you put in. It's dynamic.... :scratch2:

But be aware that alot of players respect you for your work here on the forum, for supplying them with information or answerring questions in PMs ingame. People admire you for your persistence in exploring the Universe and gathering more and more knowledge about it's mechanisms. I for one do!!

Akbar was helping me much in my first days on the planet. He learn me to tame and much more things.
Akbar,I wish you all the luck to get a big UBA:yay:

For everyone's info, Akbar has had 28 hunting globals since Tracker began (average loot is 79 ped) and one hunting global (average loot is 50 ped).

That led me to look at my own stats on Tracker and I've uncovered that I have gone 125 hunting globals without a HOF, haha.

Forrest :)

no hof. crap. but could be worse. more important imo: how much peds did you lose (deposits versus net value) :confused:

imagine someone standing at the stable 24/7 (hypothetically). no chance to hof but maybe having a good time playing (chatting with other tamers, seeing skills grow) and finally profit by selling skills.

Looks like akbar wants to hunt small mobs, and get a hof on them. Otherwise, he could easily hunt bigger mobs and get a hof there.

I feel your pain m8

Played for more them 5 years now and havent got many HoFs myself.

Let me give you a very good advice, Don't sell anything, quit the game but leave your avatar with all items and skills.

Eventualy you will return to the game and will be evry happy to have all your gear and skill :wtg:

trust me

but.... if you never return to the game there is always the possibility that in 5 years all your items are worth millions os peds :p :yay::yay::yay:

Maybe the question you should be asking is "Was it worth it?"

Look at the time you've spent in game, what money you've spent, and whether you've had enough fun out of the game to warrant it. Loads of people seem to play simply for the hope of a huge loot. I think you've just proved how unlikely that is to happen.

And on another point, you've spent 5 years ingame, never had a HoF, yet you still (presumably) deposit plenty despite this. Sounds to me like the loot system is the smart one :D

Even so, I so know where you're coming from mate. I know what it's like.

I would also like to add my respect to one of the most dedicated, helpful, and friendly players I have met in EU. I think one of the reasons he hasn't had much luck is that he has been busy gathering information helpful to other players rather than pursuing professions that would benefit himself more. I don't know many players that would be willing to spend as much time sweating all the different mobs that he has, especially after having to do it again after mobs were modified. Although I spent a relatively small amount of time healing him sweating, I can see how tedious that task really was. Even during this sweating time, Akbar would be giving me helpful hints and information about EU.

I sincerely wish the best for Akbar, here in EU as well as in RL. I hope to be able to spend some time in EU with my friend again soon. I hope, or I should say, I know all his friends here in EU wish him well also.

While having only brief dealings with yourself akbar i would like to thank you for being willing to share information where others would not ( when everyone starts doing something eco it gets rebalanced).

Hard to say whether you've earned one or not... being newer to the game I cant adress whether you've earned one.... Sure timewise you'd think... but time doesn't mean anything in EU....

It involves a lot of PED cycling, a little bit of good timing, and a lot of luck... Thats my opinion...

I accept my 2 hofs (400+415) on sheet metal as luck :D... my only 1 other on mann mph dlx... earned it :D IMO cycled enough PED on it (small hof btw like 178 :p).

You want a hof take 2k ped up with a fapper and do dasp. You will probably get 10 while I get none. :D

You chipped out, or you are clicking oa101 or you are a liar ! :D

More precisely, I chipped out in moments of disapointment with the game and money from skills I clicked in oa 101.

Is a very long story though and I don't want to hijack Akbar's thread, just wanted to point him that HoFs are not important.

Nota bene: I don't have any hof on hunting since Entropia Tracker appeared. Not even one of 100 peds. Skilled two times to coolness in this period.

This game is NOT dynamic..

Ive played for what, 6 months, total..Iv had my ava longer then that but
not been active..
The last 3months ive had THREE hofs..2 Feffoids and 1 Lyst...

MA/FPC..Get real and redo the financial/economical system..Couse
this isnt right...:scratch2:

You want a hof take 2k ped up with a fapper and do dasp. You will probably get 10 while I get none. :D

With his luck you know he is just filling your loots up. Dont be mean :)

I really feel bad about Akbar, dont even know what to say. What mobs have you been hunting most? And how long? What is your gear? Answer those and I might be able to help you, or atleast try.

The straw that breaks the camel's back

With that skills lvls who says he was not active? :scratch2:

Something is not right here. :confused:

Only MA and himself can answer the question. :mad:

anyway gl.

Last edited:
Hey m8 the last time i saw u with a rifle in your hand was on a becon at the end of 2006. you should of posted in acheivements, 5 years is a long time with no solo HoF i just hope u get a ATH instead, u should maybe goto dome2 when CP opens again m8.

But seriously, scanning doesnt get you hofs :scratch2:

Still you are right after 5 years you should have gotten something descent.

He's prolly found a RL woman! :inbed:

Jamhot

It's amazing to hear that all those skills came without a single HoF :scared:
I didn't HoF my first 4 years in Entropia but i was never even close to your dedication. The situation changed for me when i stop sweatgathering and started mining. When i was about 2000-2500 skill in surveying my first HoF hit me all of a sudden :yay: - it was a 50 ped robot spaceship (only residue, but it was my first spaceship too) :D

If HoF is what you really want - the fastest way is Amp-crafting or amped mining. Profit is not guaranteed tho - as people already said. On the contrary - one should expect a good amount of ped just vanishing in the thin air :umn:

IMO: Having fun in the game is all that matters. I dreamed about my first HoF loooong time too. When i had it - well, nothing really changed much with that. I kept mining, hunting, sweatgathering from time to time - things that i like and things that keep me busy as a daring Calypso colonist :cowboy:
So cheer up, relax and have fun - the HoFs will come sooner or later :beerchug:

not even a one HOF ? :eek:

You must be joking.. right ? :scratch2:

Saddly no, i'm not joking, not a single HOF.
i sent an email to ask Marco from an email anser why i never had a HOF,
But he did not answer to me (strange for someone who was the Communication "chief" of the MA Company.

And i sent another email directly to Lina Larsson, (where hopefull i had an anser 3 weeks later).(strangely too when Marco told Mega that FPC would do something for him in the vu10.x.)
Lina assured me that everybody have the same chances,
and suggested me to ask advices to people who are doing HOFs...

May be i should ask to the last new commer who did a 8k HOF, after 3 little shots with an opallo on a fucking snablesnot male young. ???

*notice that before i emailed Lina, i deposited 2 or 3 times 150€, so around 160$, and during this period i hunted 3 days in a row Troopers and Warriors 05 to 10, but also eviscerators 01 to 03, and not even a global...
the best loot i had was a uber footguard of 34peds F (L), and nothing less above those 34peds...

Are you really sure there are no preferencial treatments honnestly ????.

Last edited:
A soc mate just said : " He should try hunt with a gun next time instead of a scanner." :laugh:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Go try and really hunt something, leave scanning and sweating to record levels aside and you might really get your first hof.

Saddly no, i'm not joking, not a single HOF.
i sent an email to ask Marco from an email anser why i never had a HOF,
But he did not answer to me (strange for someone who was the Communication "chief" of the MA Company.

And i sent another email directly to Lina Larsson, (where hopefull i had an anser 3 weeks later).(strangely too when Marco told Mega that FPC would do something for him in the vu10.x.)
Lina assured me that everybody have the same chances,
and suggested me to ask advices to people who are doing HOFs...

May be i should ask to the last new commer who did a 8k HOF, after 3 little shots with an opallo on a fucking snablesnot male young. ???

*notice that before i emailed Lina, i deposited 2 or 3 times 150€, so around 160$, and during this period i hunter 3 days in a row Troopers and Warriors 05 to 10, but also eviscerators 01 to 03, and not even a global...
the best loot i had was a uber footguard of 34peds F (L), and nothing less above those 34peds...

Are you really sure there are no preferencial treatments honnestly ????.

Besides a few tiny hofs (that "normally" wouldn't have been HoFs, hits between 100 and 250 PED) and one 1,7k adrenal oil hit on an Atrox, my situation is quite the same. Skilled up to 230k skills and never got anything special, in fact best item loot I ever had was a 80 PED ESI (global).

And no, I'm not sure, but if there really is no preferencal treatment when I see what kind of HoFs and uberloots others get, what I'm sure is that if there is such kind of 2-class-community that I'm definetaly in the "beat-em-up" pot too...

Latest that I was camping Boorums for around 3 mio ammo in less than two weeks. Axxel passed by, hit a 15k Boorum with a SGA item, several other >1k HoFs fell from people who just passed by also other kind of useful SGA items, most useful I got was a 220 PED Oil global.

Actually there's a kind of club of "unlucky" avatars like us, just can't find the two refered threads atm. dIf I may give you an advice, don't try to force your luck, I stopped playing except of special events - why - my bank balance got screwed by trying hard to hit something while the same players again and again got paid off with my losses.

Now I just broker and trade some stuff to regain some PEDs, do some healing services for others to at least skill up my chipped out FAP again a bit and have chitchat ingame, still have my fun ;)

Back