Holiday Design Competition

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
It is again time for the annual gift from the Colonial Administration to the colonists of Calypso.

In anticipation of the coming holiday season, the Calypso Ministry of Culture will hold a design contest, where registered colonists may enter their designs for what they would want these holiday gifts to be.

Entries should be sent to design@mindark.com with subject “Holiday Gift Design” prior to November 28th and include:

Full Avatar name of entrant.

Concept Sketch: submitted as one JPEG file no larger than 1MB. The file may contain several images to illustrate different views, animation suggestions, colors etc.

Text: write a short text describing your item.

The items can be furniture, headwear, hand wear, footwear or a hand held item. N.B. no professional tools, equipment or items will be considered. Designs should be for gift items with novelty value.

FAQ:

Can I submit more than 1 entry? Yes.
Can I share submitted images on public forums like deviantart.com? Yes.
Can I design weapons, tools or armor? No.

Entries will be judged on creativity and presentation, and the sentimental and novelty values associated with the holiday season. The winning entry will be modeled and animated by First Planet Company artists and released as this year’s Christmas presents. The creators of the chosen entries will get their avatar name in the item description. The winner will not be known until the presents are handed out.

By submitting an entry, entrants expressly agree that should their entry be deemed the competition winner, all rights to copyrights, patents and other proprietary rights for said winning entry shall be assigned to First Planet Company AB.

Originally Posted Here

Ohhhhh !

This should be fun ! :yay:

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with !! :eyecrazy:
I wonder if people will show us their awesome creations - or keep them secret, until it's over. :scratch: Probably secret - but it'll be fun to watch and see them all, maybe in the end.

I LOVE THE HOOOLLIIIDDAAYYYS! :dance: :cheer:

I think some kind of reward should be given to the winner.

Wheee Christmas! I love novelties! :wtg:

I want a Christmas bong :D

I dunno, just sounds cool.

In realistic notes, time to get designing :D

I think some kind of reward should be given to the winner.

Well yea, it probably deserves a prize of some sort -- but remember they're going to be 'free.' It's not like it's supposed to generate some kind of revenue for MA; it's a gift to all of the colonists.
Also, from an 'artist' perspective - it just might be prize enough to have been the inspiration for an item in EU. :D

I would love to be able to say ..
"Yea .. " (fluffs hair and does flex emote) "I made that." :cool:

How bout a wall picture of the Last Supper, but instead replace everyone with the FPC staff... ;)

How bout a wall picture of the Last Supper, but instead replace everyone with the FPC staff... ;)

who would be Jesus and who would be Judas? :eek:

Entries will be judged on creativity and presentation, and the sentimental and novelty values associated with the holiday season. The winning entry will be modeled and animated by First Planet Company artists and released as this year’s Christmas presents. The creators of the chosen entries will get their avatar name in the item description. The winner will not be known until the presents are handed out.

Is this winner or winnerS?

How many entries will be chosen?

:scratch2:

Last edited:
Why can't we have a usefull X-mas gift for once.. ;)

I've got a feeling this is the response to the less than enthusiastic feeling towards the Haloween trident.

Not much time though considering people have to create their designs, send them in, have them judged and then modelled.

Still nice though.

It depends on the number and/or quality of the entries.

(Replace "The" with "A" in the first red-marked section)

Fast and precise answer thanks :)

miner.jpg

One of these please so I can finally see what I'm doing in the dark.

miner.jpg

One of these please so I can finally see what I'm doing in the dark.

That's the exact idea I was thinking of: would actually be useful without affecting the economy directly. Now just squeeze it into a Christmas theme and you'll have a winner!

That's the exact idea I was thinking of: would actually be useful without affecting the economy directly. Now just squeeze it into a Christmas theme and you'll have a winner!

Make it red? :laugh:

Edit: Maybe a rudolph red nose would work the same.

Maybe a rudolph red nose would work the same.

Now thats a fabulous idea!

And put some antlers on too, and have the antlers hold beer, like those beer hats...

Love it, Lykke! Go for 200 in a box though, since the animation isn't quite as spectacular as fireworks or champagne.

:) true - also made THIS :D

ty for sharing your ideas, Lykke - I love them both ! :yay:

Now, I'm really excited to see what everyone does ! :dance:

ty for sharing your ideas, Lykke - I love them both ! :yay:

Now, I'm really excited to see what everyone does ! :dance:

Ty :ahh: Here is the LAST one from me!

And I too look forward to see what other has up their sleeves :yay:

Back