Name that Asteroid and win 5000 peds!!!

Status
2nd post updated - c u there!

1st place winner - a 4 year EU resident - Nadya Nadezda Nadya for casually blabbing out a name that became a final name--- New SONY VAIO F Series VPCF13QFX/B Laptop (wouldn't take the money), thank you Adeli!
Was this it :confused:. Maybe she needed a better laptop to play EU on :scratch2:. But a 4 year veteran that does not have a forum account, hmm how does that happen? ...:dunno:.

Was this it :confused:. Maybe she needed a better laptop to play EU on :scratch2:. But a 4 year veteran that does not have a forum account, hmm how does that happen? ...:dunno:.

Also her name isn't on ET, so she hasn't even globalled in 4 years? :confused:

The OP has been edited. Until very recently it read:
1st place winner - RL Friend for casually blabbing out a name that became a final name--- New Sony(i7) Laptop(wouldn't take the money), thank you Adeli!
Fortunately this was quoted in various places before being edited. notably here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?205232-F.o.m.a-misfortuna
(in the opening post)

Foma also retrospectively edited out his own rules which said that entries must be posted in this thread. But that didn't prevent a stink from developing re. him choosing an IRL winner. A lot of people have been waiting for him to notice the stink and respond.His only response to date has been a neg rep to me, plus personal attack, for being the first to say that RL winner was a really bad idea, and asking him to reconsider. No response to the rest of the community at all.

This latest edit is presumably his response.

why Foma persists in making himself look ever-more-shady rather than talking to people is anybody's guess.

jay :scratch2:

Last edited:
Double-post. Sorry (meant to edit)

Last edited:

That is quiet possible. Have a socmember who have played for 4 years without a PCF-account, she even have commando unlocked (hey Emma :wave: ) Still possible to read the forum without one ;)

That is quiet possible. Have a socmember who have played for 4 years without a PCF-account, she even have commando unlocked (hey Emma :wave: ) Still possible to read the forum without one ;)

I think a more pertinent question is : is this 4-year vet who doesn't have an PCF account, and who never, ever got a global (at least not that Tracker noticed) the same person as the "IRL friend" who originally won the 1st prize? and if so, why merely describe her as an IRL friend in the first place? and also why edit out that information?

To be perfectly frank :this latest edit only adds more credibilty to those who doubt that this person even exists. Her description (and everything else) alters according to public opinion, apparently. We don't like an IRL friend winning, so suddenly she isn't an IRL friend anymore, just an EU player whom we've never met, because she doesn't actually play.

And we don;t like Foma breaking his own rules, so suddenly those rules no longer exist (though a forum mod did manage to dig them out , to settle a dispute about whether they ever existed)

If she finally comes on to this forum, or even into EU and says "Hey! look eveyone, it's me, Adeli. Thank you for the prize" at this juncture, I think it's too damned late. People will only think that Foma resorted to opening a second account, or paid somone to call themselves Adeli , or something like that.

Note I'm not saying that he has or will do that just that; just that it's totally predictable that people will think so. It's gonna be enormously difficult t for Foma to recover lost rep over this, perhaps impossible, but I'd like to see him actually try.

The best way, to start would be "I'm sorry. I made a big mistake..."

jay

Last edited:
NOTE TO FORUM MODS:

As you know, Foma caused both anger towads himself and a lot of friction in this community by retrospectively editing his rules (i.e. we had a bloody great ding-ding dong as to whether those rules had ever existed and you had to recover them to settle the dispute)

He has now edited another point of contention (Prizewinner announcement) and who knows what else?

This continues to be a controversial issue, and Foma continues to add fuel to the flames with his edits. It's in nobody's interests for Foma to be bannned from this forum . Some people have yet to collect their prize, and many others still hope for an answer from Foma, regarding their concerns about this competition, but this can't be allowed to continue.

Will you please, for the sake of the peace , post the full original versions (as they stood during the competition) of post one and two in a prominent place, where people can refer to them, and where they cannot be edited futher. It seems we also need the version that appeared at the end of the competiotion.

Sorry to put you to this trouble.

jay

NOTE TO FORUM MODS:

As you know, Foma caused both anger towads himself and a lot of friction in this community by retrospectively editing his rules (i.e. we had a bloody great ding-ding dong as to whether those rules had ever existed and you had to recover them to settle the dispute)

He has now edited another point of contention (Prizewinner announcement) and who knows what else?

This continues to be a controversial issue, and Foma continues to add fuel to the flames with his edits. It's in nobody's interests for Foma to be bannned from this forum . Some people have yet to collect their prize, and many others still hope for an answer from Foma, regarding their concerns about this competition, but this can't be allowed to continue.

Will you please, for the sake of the peace , post the full original versions (as they stood during the competition) of post one and two in a prominent place, where people can refer to them, and where they cannot be edited futher. It seems we also need the version that appeared at the end of the competiotion.

Sorry to put you to this trouble.

jay

This is a good idea and I support it. For Pesok's sake this should get sorted out.

I was following this thread(as a guest) and genuinly suprised at amount of whiners this has generated. Finally i couldnt stand this anymore and registered on the forum to state my opinion. My name is Adeli(not to be confused with the uber Adel a good friend of mine in EU and a great person) and ingame nick is Nadya. I've been in EU for the last four and a half years and about a year ago has sold off all of my hunting skills since decided to quit(after loosing big peds hunting) but regreted it literally a week later.
Now i am saving money to buy some skills back(thank god the prices have fallen) so i can finally get to the level i was before sellout.
I have given the winning suggestion for the name and was very suprised as it got picked. Since i've known Foma since i joined EU(he introduced me to it and mentored me in his society in the very beggining) i have refused the peds. Later i found out that he ordered a laptop from tigerdirect instead as a thanks for me(since my old Acer was on its last legs). I didnt choose the laptop and only found out about it when it actually came in the mail. Since day one it gave me nothing but problems, i am a big fan of Sony brand but this one was obviously a dud. I went online myself and opted instead for an MSI laptop with much better hardware(almost the same as John's has but a cheaper version(no Raid0 SSD's and worse screen apparently-dont know if i can post links here but here it is(if it doesnt go through search TD for MSI GT660):
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6451066&CatId=4938.
TigerDirect was nice enough to approve the exchange(after 5 calls to different reps explaining all the problems i was having with Sony).
Well 3 days ago i finally received it(took a while since had to ship Sony back)
and i love it, it runs EU much better than my sons laptop and my BF's supped up desktop. I have attached the pics of this beast and would highly recommend it to anyone(never heard of MSI
before but apparently they've been around for a very long time). This sounds like a review but only because i am so excited about it:). Back to the story - to all people that got upset about not winning the rules have clearly stated from the very beggining that whoever submits the name in its entirety that gets picked - will win the prize. Well that person was me. Foma also stated that if the first prize goes unclaimed he will award secondary prizes to people he feels have helped in any way. That was very clear from the very beggining but people dont want to spend 2 mins to read through the rulesand whine when their suggestion does not get picked. I won the first prize yet Foma has decided to award some poeple secondary prizes(apparently was a mistake) only because i was not registered on the forums(i rarely read the forums and never had the urge to write anything that is untill now). He said that those that whined on the forum very gladly accepted the peds prizes he has given them ingame:). Please stop the whining and accept that my suggestion was picked, the rules were clear as day if people only took few mins to read them. Thank you Foma for this amazing prize and if anyone wants to talk to me i can be mostly found either hunting with opalo near PA or on F.O.M.A-Fortuna asteroid( i dont read forums that often as i said-but can contact Foma if you want to meet ingame with me).
P.S. pictures are not that great since i used phone camera

What Foma refuses to understand is that people were concerned about him choosing an IRL winner, (after clearly stating that entries should be posted on this thread) not upset about not winning a prize. I understand that some of the people who expressed concern did not even enter the competition. Of course the posts in this thread became increasingly judgmental because Foma did not respond to these concerns, but instead only made himself look worse and worse by surreptitiously editing points of contention (eg the original rules)

To accuse all these people of “whining” is insulting

It was to be hoped that if “Adeli” entered the arena, it would be to reassure people that she really did exist and that nothing shady was going on, after all .And to rescue her good friend from the consequences of one of the biggest PR errors ever (to put the kindest complexion on it)

But no, she enters the arena to make matters worse by insulting everybody. I count 4 instances of the word “whine” (and derivatives thereof) in this post . If she adressed these people by name, this would surely count as a “personal attack”.

Oh! here's what I posted yesterday, coincidentally:

To be perfectly frank :this latest edit only adds more credibilty to those who doubt that this person even exists.

If she finally comes on to this forum, or even into EU and says "Hey! look eveyone, it's me, Adeli. Thank you for the prize" at this juncture, I think it's too damned late. People will only think that Foma resorted to opening a second account, or paid somone to call themselves Adeli , or something like that.

Note I'm not saying that he has or will do that just that; just that it's totally predictable that people will think so. It's gonna be enormously difficult t for Foma to recover lost rep over this, perhaps impossible, but I'd like to see him actually try.

The best way, to start would be "I'm sorry. I made a big mistake..."

I stand by that prediction, and by that advice to Foma, Calling people whiners will not reverse the bad PR, believe me.

*sigh*

jay

I was following this thread(as a guest) and genuinly suprised at amount of whiners this has generated.
...That was very clear from the very beggining but people dont want to spend 2 mins to read through the rulesand whine when their suggestion does not get picked. I won the first prize yet Foma has decided to award some poeple secondary prizes(apparently was a mistake) only because i was not registered on the forums(i rarely read the forums and never had the urge to write anything that is untill now). He said that those that whined on the forum very gladly accepted the peds prizes he has given them ingame:). Please stop the whining and accept that my suggestion was picked, the rules were clear as day if people only took few mins to read them.

I was following this thread(as a guest) and genuinly suprised at amount of whiners this has generated. Finally i couldnt stand this anymore and registered on the forum to state my opinion.

Back to the story - to all people that got upset about not winning the rules have clearly stated from the very beggining that whoever submits the name in its entirety that gets picked - will win the prize. Well that person was me.

This is your first post. Congratulations on finally posting in this thread after the contest is over and you have already won your "prize".

Obviously, you seem to have missed the part where the rules clearly state that you have to post in this thread.

Maybe you could take a couple minutes to read them yourself?!?

See? They are right here:

flashing_down_arrow.gif

The rules are quite simple:

Top Prize of 5000 peds(1) + the fame of giving a name to the greatest place in any Virtual Universe! will go to anyone whose name idea I end up picking as the new name for the Asteroid. Name will have to be used in its entirety and unmodified - just as you post below in this thread.

<Psssttt... You just registered... there is no way you posted the winning name in this thread>

This is your first post. Congratulations on finally posting in this thread after the contest is over and you have already won your "prize".

Obviously, you seem to have missed the part where the rules clearly state that you have to post in this thread.

Maybe you could take a couple minutes to read them yourself?!?

See? They are right here:

flashing_down_arrow.gif

<Psssttt... You just registered... there is no way you posted the winning name in this thread>

lets add were is your proof of you avatar existing?:wise:
and proof of how old your avatar is?:wise:

after all, foma "claimed" you have been playing for years.

lets add were is your proof of you avatar existing?:wise:
and proof of how old your avatar is?:wise:

after all, foma "claimed" you have been playing for years.

No trace of Nadya Nadezda Nadya on Entropia Tracker, which doesnt prove how old an avatar is, just no globals tracked in past couple of years.

Finally the person who supposedly WON this event shows up....

Funny how you misunderstood anything that is going on here. People are upset at how FOMA conducted himself & the lack of disregard to is own rules. By your own admission you were not legable for any prize. Anyways Jay & Chrome make better compelling arguements than I ever will, enjoy your laptop. Hope nothing else goes wrong with it & since you have decided to return & grace us with your presence enjoy your stay on calypso :wave:.

No trace of Nadya Nadezda Nadya on Entropia Tracker, which doesnt prove how old an avatar is, just no globals tracked in past couple of years.

um:scratch2: mega, i was asking adeli to show proof, just so yah know. if she is legit she should be able to prove herself, for one thing, a screen shot of her atributes would help, as an av 4 years old will have 9 sta.

It is beyond pesok's grasp how much bad PR he is generating.
It is beyond Adeli-Nadya's grasp how much bad PR she is generating.

Just saying!

:shower:

P.S.: I would rep you if I could, jay.

Wow! Did this fail just transform into a FAIL?

This Foma dude really likes capitals. Now it is really starting to make sense...

Wait, that ominous Adeli plays EU??? :eyecrazy:

Then, obviously, the "only posted in this thread" rule applies... and Foma broke it.

um:scratch2: mega, i was asking adeli to show proof, just so yah know. if she is legit she should be able to prove herself, for one thing, a screen shot of her atributes would help, as an av 4 years old will have 9 sta.

Smells fishy:scratch2:,Screenie of your attributes.
Or your foma.

You both do realize how easily this can be faked, right? :scratch2:

Well there we have it, a player did win.
Can we stop this pointless thread now?

allthough rules were still broken

No they where not. I have already been over this but here is the short version.
1) No Curse Words(obvious reason)
2) No Joking names(yes i find the jokes funny but trust me heard of all them by now-although its still ok to put them here for a comic relief-just dont expect to win)
3) No Trademarked/Copyrighted names (and no "that" company will not pay me to name the Asteroid after their name) and remember Entropia is a copyrighted name.
4) You can make as many suggestions as you'd like
5) In English only please
6) Please limit to 10(ten) words - its a name not a declaration of independence
7) First person to post will win the prize(in case several posts suggest the same name)
8) One name/idea per post - can post as many times as you have ideas
9) There is no time limit as of now - it will end when i feel satisfied in the name i have selected
10) please no PM's/Ingame chats(unless you not contending for a prize) - post all your ideas here - otherwise can be hard to determine the winner.

Rule 10 seems to be the one in question but as you can see it does not say you can not receive a prize. Just that it would be hard to determine the winner. Thus any entry not on this thread was at risk of not receiving a prize but not ineligible.

Status
Back