The official Entropia Universe blog

Marco|SDS

Prowler
Hello Entropians,

As you know, it's been an exciting year for us and we have a lot of exciting news ahead to share! We are getting closer to final integration and development of an official Entropia Universe blog and are currently looking for a team of contributors who would enjoy "showing off" their stories, tips and experiences in Entropia Universe with the "real" world. Unlike the forums, the blog will be a more public space for passionate Entropians to share their stories and you can still write as your avatar. Anyone interested should contact me by PM and we'll be in touch shortly. Posts to this blog are a great way to tell the world what you're doing in Entropia, share information and help get the word out about the benefits and fun of living (at least part time) in the virtual universe. The blog will be both a place where media and other interested parties learn about Entropia from the community members themselves.

Thanks!

First!!!

Alfred Bunting

Sidenote: Great that finally the storytellers will have a place to put they´re great Entropian stories!

Hello Entropians,

As you know, it's been an exciting year for us and we have a lot of exciting news ahead to share! We are getting closer to final integration and development of an official Entropia Universe blog and are currently looking for a team of contributors who would enjoy "showing off" their stories, tips and experiences in Entropia Universe with the "real" world. Unlike the forums, the blog will be a more public space for passionate Entropians to share their stories and you can still write as your avatar. Anyone interested should contact me by PM and we'll be in touch shortly. Posts to this blog are a great way to tell the world what you're doing in Entropia, share information and help get the word out about the benefits and fun of living (at least part time) in the virtual universe. The blog will be both a place where media and other interested parties learn about Entropia from the community members themselves.

Thanks!

Do you need, I will call them "marketing people" or "honest participants"?

Reactions: sob
Very Interesting...

Another positive step in the right direction by MindArk!

:)

Hello Entropians,

Thanks!

Hey sexy :cool:

MS9??? where are ya????;)

Sounds very interesting indeed :) Any need for people whos english skills sucks :scratch2: ?

Looking forward to seeing what it all turns out to be like.

Way to go MA :wtg:

:dancing:

If you will let Teilk write there, I suppose I would write some stories to... I will get someone to corect my english, ofcourse :ahh:

Just a guess here, but I'm assuming that this blog will consist entirely of entries that are all positive and show what a great company MA is? ...and, based upon that concept, I'll also assume that commentary on the blog entries would be severely edited, if allowed at all?

A couple of tips for you, Marco... First, the media is smart enough to recognize a company brochure no matter what form it takes and will likely dismiss it as a credible source of information. Second, be ready for the competing blogs that will surface to counter the "cake and ice cream" you'll serve in this one...

Just a guess here, but I'm assuming that this blog will consist entirely of entries that are all positive and show what a great company MA is? ...and, based upon that concept, I'll also assume that commentary on the blog entries would be severely edited, if allowed at all?

A couple of tips for you, Marco... First, the media is smart enough to recognize a company brochure no matter what form it takes and will likely dismiss it as a credible source of information. Second, be ready for the competing blogs that will surface to counter the "cake and ice cream" you'll serve in this one...

Im sure MA has thought about that, concidering the mature playerbase that Entropia has.

As I understand it, a mature playerbase is what MA wants and with that, the player needs to meet its challenges.
I assume the blogs will be monitored of course, to prevent in many cases the same things that we as the moderators here on the forums try preventing, but I dont think that assuming MA will only accept "happy and profiting"-entries to be published is quite fitting their own envision of entropia (if of course I have understood their vision correctly, I could be horribly wrong. wouldnt be the first time ;) )

Im sure MA has thought about that, concidering the mature playerbase that Entropia has.

As I understand it, a mature playerbase is what MA wants and with that, the player needs to meet its challenges.
I assume the blogs will be monitored of course, to prevent in many cases the same things that we as the moderators here on the forums try preventing, but I dont think that assuming MA will only accept "happy and profiting"-entries to be published is quite fitting their own envision of entropia (if of course I have understood their vision correctly, I could be horribly wrong. wouldnt be the first time ;) )

Luv ya Skam, but when it's an "official" anything from MA, it usually comes pre-packaged with draconian control...:rolleyes:

but I dont think that assuming MA will only accept "happy and profiting"-entries to be published is quite fitting their own envision of entropia (if of course I have understood their vision correctly, I could be horribly wrong. wouldnt be the first time ;) )

Let's wait and see what Marco has to say.

Hell, if they're not looking for the happy funtime report, I might consider applying. I expect they'll jut want sunshine and puppies though. Can't say I blame them too much, they do have to sell this thing if it won't sell itself.

AG

Of course it will be controlled. Does make me too wonder at what extent it will be controlled. I hope not mentioning that you made a loss would make you get edited; perhaps it is a bit about the way things are beeing said, thats what I mean.

Would it for example be okay writing?:

Example A said:
Today I was on a sochunt with my friends, we took down our first falxangius together. I lost shitloads in spite of all the globals! But we had a good time, tho.

Example B said:
One month without a single day of profiting. Ive calculated that Ive lost somewhere around 10k peds the last three weeks. Im beginning to think that its not possible to make it in here, unless you started in Beta/MindArk hates me/Your willing to invest big.

Example C said:
One month without a single day of profiting. Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps I should change my way of hunting, or try out another profession? Or perhaps Lootius isnt on my side? Perhaps I should sacrifice?

Example D said:
"#/)##¤!%"#!¤%&/"!/")#/!&!("(")!=!

Of course there are lots of other subjects then hunting.. Analysis about market or market manipulation, reselling and so on; things ingame that isnt disallowed by MindArk: can that be discussed..

Like MA did with the Movie Contest? :laugh:

I vote example "D" ...as not very economical ;)

Next step will probably be to forbid EU participants to blog at a site that doesn't have exclusive rights from MA?

When will the auction be?

:handjob:

It will be censored by the chinese investors so the blogs will look something like this...

....... this ...... week of ........ .......... peds. Not a single ......... global in 10.... peds. :D

Do you need, I will call them "marketing people" or "honest participants"?

I think this one is easy...They want a good light on it so the Fan Bois have first dibs.Lets not taint the look of the game with anything like reality.Like the fact nobody can log in after an update and people are out PED due to that.Or that customer service lacks anything remotly close to concern about said people loseing their real cash economy. Lets also not mention how many people got zipped to CND from the planet after the no notice shut down leaving them with basicly the option to send a report and hope for a speedy resolution or spend even MORE ped to get back to where they were.This will have zero credibility unless theres a balance of you might get what ya pay for.

Last edited:
Interesting idea here from MA :)

PM sent, and a
3.gif
for Marco!

Bump, so don't say you never saw it :laugh:

Hello Entropians,

Thanks!
One question: are we allowed only to say positive stuff about the game? Or are we free to discuss our great frustration that is getting bigger and bigger all the time? If so, then I am interested...

While the comnuity of EF is nice, and it's nice Marco asked here first...

I think it would be nice to see some new faces on the "EU" front... some unknowns... some people that no one knows about...

But, I still like Jimmy B, Skam (such a hottie), Lykke (yes, another hottie), Ultimababe (o, cmon.. more hotties??), etc... just kinda wanna get more input from non-ef'ers :)

Enjoy, I hope this works out great :)

While the comnuity of EF is nice, and it's nice Marco asked here first...

I think it would be nice to see some new faces on the "EU" front... some unknowns... some people that no one knows about...

But, I still like Jimmy B, Skam (such a hottie), Lykke (yes, another hottie), Ultimababe (o, cmon.. more hotties??), etc... just kinda wanna get more input from non-ef'ers :)

Enjoy, I hope this works out great :)

Me too, I play the game and wouldn't mind a light hearted blog at all. Since I play the game and haven't left in disgust there would be no reason for me to drive others away by dissing it, it would be hypocritical wouldn't it?

The more people know before they begin from the actual players themselves the less press and media hype will disappoint them if they give it a shot.

MA have asked a few times now about promotion issues here, they could have made something up or got an employee to do it...isn't it better that Marco asks us here first?

As for people worrying about their English? I can't see anyone caring about it being in English only since EU is massively international already ...a few languages covered would surely be a bonus.

Good luck, I hope it goes well.

t

Back