Ready, Steady, Go!

ahh, the vehicles...

:zzz:

To celebrate the arrival of vehicles to Planet Calypso and the Entropia Platform, FPC Official Avatars will travel around Calypso directly after MindArk’s 11.2 release, giving out free vehicles to colonists they meet along the way. MindArk’s 11.2 release is tentatively expected on June 21.

Only 1 vehicle per avatar will be allowed, and the offer will be available only while stocks last. Rumor has it though, that stocks will be plentiful :)

Originally Posted Here

So have the time come for MA to nerf. The tp-chip or. ??? :D

poza%20trabant.jpg

dogging at PA ?

ehhhhh, if their handing them out when i get home from work ill get one.

not going to bother taking a day off tho, theres bound to be a catch 22 hidden somewhare...

Just as i had feared a planet full cars Twin Peaks will be just packed full of cars and be unsightly..IMO (Leave the cars to the driving games) :(

To celebrate the arrival of vehicles to Planet Calypso and the Entropia Platform, FPC Official Avatars will travel around Calypso directly after MindArk’s 11.2 release, giving out free vehicles to colonists they meet along the way. MindArk’s 11.2 release is tentatively expected on June 21.

Only 1 vehicle per avatar will be allowed, and the offer will be available only while stocks last. Rumor has it though, that stocks will be plentiful :)

Originally Posted Here

Oh
My
God

!!!!!!!

So those of us who work (like me) and those who are in different timezones get nadda :(

I fail to see any sensible logic in this. Would have been better as mission prizes where the mission is limited for a few days. That way supply would also be limited but everyone has a fair chance of getting one.

I couldn`t agree more... I have to prepare for my oral exams at that time but I think I`ll try to do most of the work at the weekend so I can get that vehicle on monday. -> Eu addict

Yeah and i bet that it will take place during the middle of the day, instead of waiting untill most people get home from work, or other parts of the world, wake up.

hint to FPC: the peak online time seems to be 20:00 MA - 22:00 MA

NOT the time you send out your updates.

Either way this is flawed and would be much better done in a way most normal people in all time zones has a chance to take advantage of this offer.

This is awesome!!

But can you tier them?

So those of us who work (like me) and those who are in different timezones get nadda :(
I fail to see any sensible logic in this. Would have been better as mission prizes where the mission is limited for a few days. That way supply would also be limited but everyone has a fair chance of getting one.

The problem is that the ppl at MA/FPC believe that the universe revolves around them... They have no comprehension/understanding of time zones, hemisphere seasonal differences or whether it is light or dark outside the office window... :rolleyes: I'm actually surprised they managed to purchase the castle in Germany when taking into consideration that it is in a country South of Sweden and therefore not visible by line of sight.

So as per the usual MA/FPC "code of customer care" there will be NO balance, NO equality, NO understanding, NO care, NO customer service, NO consideration for you or me as an end user of their service at all...:lolup:

Same SHIT... Different DAY... :eyecrazy:

Wow thats some fun news!

From a engineering standpoint, the weekday release makes some sense. Since MA has no way (that we're aware of, anyway) to run an all up test, releasing a handfull of (L) vehicles into the wild to see how it runs will allow them to effectively monitor server load, and whatever else they need to monitor.

The (L) nature is sheer and total speculation on my part. I'll also say it's possible that the vehicles may need additional parts to go. Doing it this way would possibly give the in-game economy a little boost as demand for vehicle parts spikes for a bit.

That's all Geekery though. The colonist/customer part of me hopes that I somehow manage to run into an official avatar sometime after 2100 MA time on 11.2 day. My guess is they'll all be shagged out by then though. :(

Well if it works like the last update. Only certain groups will be able to even log in, and even they will be disconnected randomly for a 24 hour period. Hardly anyone gets a free car!

Otherwise it'll be, "Yay free car!" followed by, "Dang, traffic sucks at 18:00ma" proceeded by honking of horns.

And who's the dev assigned to implementing roundabouts? :cool:

Roundabouts are ok, but speed-bumps suck big time.

Well, maybe we all get a vehicle. However, who said that they will be big enough to ride them?

Matchbox-cars for everybody!

Yay?!

From a engineering standpoint, the weekday release makes some sense. Since MA has no way (that we're aware of, anyway) to run an all up test, releasing a handfull of (L) vehicles into the wild to see how it runs will allow them to effectively monitor server load, and whatever else they need to monitor.

The (L) nature is sheer and total speculation on my part. I'll also say it's possible that the vehicles may need additional parts to go. Doing it this way would possibly give the in-game economy a little boost as demand for vehicle parts spikes for a bit.

That's all Geekery though. The colonist/customer part of me hopes that I somehow manage to run into an official avatar sometime after 2100 MA time on 11.2 day. My guess is they'll all be shagged out by then though. :(

I dont think they will be L, more likely unlimited but require 20 ped(?) repair to be used - as they are likely to be given out at 0.01 Ped.

Bit like the Swamp Camp mission, you get given the cap and then have to repair it in order to complete the mission.

Wow!!! :yay:

Way to go! No one expected THAT!!! Wooohoo! :wtg:

If anything MA could give a vehicle to anyone that deposited this year; or deposited a certain amount like 250$ or so...

100% agree.

Time will tell. But it does seem to go against the general perception that vehicles would only be for the elite and rich.

However, I can think of a dozen better ways to distribute.

JEHU

It occurs to me that the OP does not say

motor vehicles!

Maybe we'll to ride unicycles! LOL

One thing I can guarantee you with complete certainty is this: Nothing with these people is "free".

Beware the bank rep standing on the street corner handing out "free" Credit Cards, 75% interest in the fine print.

All I'm saying people is, don't get all caught up in their circus. Be careful. Check out the offer thoroughly from all angles before you get in and drive it away.

this game is my work xD so bring me Lada xD cheap and easy to fix xD

It occurs to me that the OP does not say

motor vehicles!

Maybe we'll to ride unicycles! LOL

Yup. LOL could be bicycles, skateboards, Segways, wheelchairs, golf carts, rickshaws, surfboards, ice skates, rollerskates... who knows....:laugh:

We want the cars to be out there, roaming around at quick speed. So we give out quite a few for free - you still need to pay attention to get one though. No other requirement needed, just be online and try to be at the action spots. This will go on for several hours - I don't yet know exactly when it will end, it depends on conditions no one can foresee, as with any major VU release. It is impossible to make this 100% fair for every one given that everyone's life situation differs but we try to accommodate things like time zones, etc. Vehicles are not designed to be a premium item but a common item (of course certain types of vehicles are rarer than others - as always) and will be available from loot and manufacturing.

And, this may be a shocker, the cheapest car has a TT of... 17 PED. ,-)

We want the cars to be out there, roaming around at quick speed. So we give out quite a few for free - you still need to pay attention to get one though. No other requirement needed, just be online and try to be at the action spots. This will go on for several hours - I don't yet know exactly when it will end, it depends on conditions no one can foresee, as with any major VU release. It is impossible to make this 100% fair for every one given that everyone's life situation differs but we try to accommodate things like time zones, etc. Vehicles are not designed to be a premium item but a common item (of course certain types of vehicles are rarer than others - as always) and will be available from loot and manufacturing.

And, this may be a shocker, the cheapest car has a TT of... 17 PED. ,-)

Hmm can't wait!!!!!

ARRRRRRGGGGG, i'll be at work :(:(:(

Back