A sad farewell

Apologies for the necro bump. :(

Found out about this just today, after a light-hearted "Whatever happened to Boldar, the Mayor of AH?" in soc chat.

Just wanted to pay a tribute to Boldar and his helpful nature. I only knew him briefly, some in Soc knew him well, RL and EU.

How many of us run new players to TP's? Kit them out with armour and guns? Spend hours talking to people, passing on advice?

I know I don't do it enough, but am glad for this type of person who helped me along the way.

It seems he represents the person at your club/school, greeting people with a smile, spending time at the canteen, washing and folding uniforms, helping with the fundraisers etc. You know the type of person I'm talking about.

The unsung heroes in the background, giving their time and energy to help promote and foster whatever organisation they are part of.

Always a big loss when a person of this calibre passes on.

RIP Boldar

Didn`t know him personally neither but far I have heard he was a really nice and honest Player. So I would like to say my condolences and all the best to his family and friends.

Damn a sorry day indeed, i'll miss him and his self imposed stewardship of Atlas Haven.:(:(:(

My thoughts and respects to his family.

(a bit late but i missed this 1st time around :/)

RIP

I hope MA can put up a memorial under that tree in Atlas haven,

So sorry to hear the death of any person let alone a kind person.

May God be kind to this person as he was kind to others and watch over him in the after life.

someone who knew him should send MA a note explaining the situation and the coordinates of his tree. Maybe they will put a memorial there.

someone who knew him should send MA a note explaining the situation and the coordinates of his tree. Maybe they will put a memorial there.

Just quick FYI - It has to be a family member to have it done. We lost a soc mate and MA wouldn't put up a memorial even though I had a copy of his death certificate :( His son can provide the information MA needs if they want an in-game memorial and it will get done. A quick note to support and they will provide the information that's needed.

Sorry to hear of your and others loss Silva. It's always difficult to lose a friend irl and virtual. Many times our virtual friends know us better than our rl ones.

Biggest of love and hugz.
Casay

ive seen him around a couple times. just sucks :(. never really talked to the guy but i know he was always in PA helping out the noobs. RIP boldar. condolences to the family and friends.

RAVEN

Sorry to hear this...

good person's passing

although i never met the guy, i'm saddened by this happened, please, accept my condolences;

My appologies if this should awaken a greivance. :(

I never had the pleasure of meeting Boldar since I am very new to this world, but I would like to extend my sincerist condolences to his friends and family both in the real world as well as in Calypso. I hope that MA will, or has, erected a memorial in honor of the memory of one that would appear to have been a true Calypsoian Saint.

Farewell Boldar, may your memory in the hearts and minds of those you befriended and assisted remain ever immortal.

I will never forget you my friend :(

<removed by author>

Last edited:
Hi,

just got notice about this, and I'm shocked.

Boldar, you was the definition of the Atlas Haven I once loved. You was there all the time, always ready for a silly chat, always helpful, sometimes a little nasty, but never evil in any way. I miss you!!!

Atlas Haven isn't anymore without you. The ghost town remaining with this name should be renamed.

But there's an Atlas Haven out there anywhere, maybe just in my imagination, and you'll always be the mayor of it!

Condolences to friends & family.

Supporting the idea of a memorial, or, maybe better, the renaming of Atlas Haven to something Boldar related.

It is with great pain and sadness that I must announce the death of a very kind and wonderful player.

Boldar Boldar Blood

A man who's main purpose was to chat and help noobs. He had been out of contact for a few days and when his son went round to see if he was home he discovered his fathers body on the floor at his apartment. The autopsey to determine cause of death is still to be done.

Jamhot and I are working on a formal tribute thread for those of us who would like to share memories and say goodbye properly.

I remember talking to him quite a bit a long time ago and him helping me. Sorry to hear this.

RIP Boldar

I Hope MA makes a statue of you in Atlas Haven

I think i remember him, he was a cool guy that once in a while also took part in our fun soc pvp events at AH ring :(.

I should remember him better though, as AH used to be our HQ. :(

RIP Boldar

You are sorely missed my best friend! I will always remember you, you kept me sane when I needed it, you helped n00bz, you loved your family, your the best! I hope you look down and bless us all, we'll meet again one day matey! :Beerchug:

boldar4.jpg

Boldar IRL with his niece!

Jamhot

Gone but NEVER forgotten x

Since this thread has become more active, I'd like to introduce my own way of remembering Boldar and the times we spent together. I made a thread about Atlas Island Day, here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...verse/186315-atlas-island-day-21st-april.html

Here I included a section on Boldar and a link to this thread.

Boldar, collaboration...

It may be that you remember a famous and unfortunately deceased member of our EU community named Boldar Boldar Blood. If not, see this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/greetings-messages/163352-sad-farewell.html

Boldar was a friend of mine. He was to Atlas Haven what I was to Atlas Island North. We, in our own little ways, oversaw our respective TPs, chatted, kept order and created our own communities. We saw it as a collaboration between us to make Atlas Island a nice place to visit in general. Many people visited Atlas Island for the sole purpose of meeting one of us.

This collaborative effort would last a few years and in some way I am glad that Boldar never got to see VU-10, the Cryengine update due to the geographical and therefore populational effects on Atlas Haven. I'm glad that he died with the pre-Cryengine view of a bustling Atlas Haven that wouldn't be the same without his presence.

I'd like to thank Boldar for everything. :tiphat:

And wow Jamhot, that is one powerful picture.

Boldar was an exceptional guy, I'd met him quite early in my EU career and it always brightened my day when we chatted. I can't bring myself to read this entire thread on account of the fact it would be too emotional. The few replies I did read show that I was not the only person he made an impression on. I've never met anyone else who found so much joy in helping others. This is truly a loss for us all, he made the world a better place.

Rest in peace my friend.

Death is but a waypoint on the great journey.

I did not know the avatar concerned but someone who you describe as helping others can only expect to have a great reception and a peaceful passage on the next leg of the journey.

Peace.

As I, myself have lost my wife whom nearly die in my arms some months ago, I know what means death for those who stay.
All support to his familly and to people that loved him.

R.I.P. Boldar. I didn't know you, but I'm sure many did. Sympathy for friends and family of Boldar. :grouphug:

Rest In Peace.. :(

the loss of every single person is the loss of the whole universe ...

Back