Question: Akmuul zone destined to die?

Selene B

Old Alpha
Society
retired/ex-DawnDaemons
Selene
Ive been active in Akmuul zone since January this year..That means 90% of online time spent in the zone. It used to be great fun, lots of people dwelling around..miners, pkers,hunters - almost every hour of day you had something to do there.. not to mention epic battles between socs with up to twenty people participating..
Mining was reasonably good and at least motivated miners to try their luck.. same with hunting mulmuns and attackers.. and if you wanted to pk you actually had a chance to do it without wasting literally hours looking for targets..

When the VU10 came I was initially happy since there were less people than before but enough to keep myself busy and mining wasnt too bad either..but gradually things started to be getting worse..

Whats worse from pk-ers viewpoint

• way harder to kill other people unless they are willing to fight and either wait for you or attack you themselves
  • why harder to kill?
    • terrain is now filled with hills and solid trees.. you can not shoot now trough trees or small stones.. which means that if you appear on radar and start running towards your target, all he/she has to do is look around, pick a closest object (which is usually like 5-10m away), hide behind it and tp away.You cant use any long range weapon to stop it. Except rockets,well maybe
      • since rockets have reduced area effect now they usually do not hurt if you simply fire at tree your target is hiding behind (in hopes that blast damage makes tp chip at least reset).
      • IF you still get lucky and you succeed in doing some damage then restarting tp chip can be done instantly after receiving damage (no longer need to wait until progress bar completes itself)
    • IF you choose not to run towards your presumed victim but choose to tp then both have about same time for charging tp and jumping with pker having disadvantage of being forced to find and point out precise landing place.. so by the time you jump, your target is already gone or you only see him jumping into safety by the time you land.. quarter of a second can make difference..
      • since there is no longer possible autoaim tactics where you could instantly fire even trough "white screen" simply by preselecting targets health bar and click at it blindly right after landing, chance of getting any successful shot out is smaller than winning lottery
        • fact that you cant see avatars by "naked eye" past 50-60m does not improve your chances neither
    • All those described issues forced me to adapt to waiting tactics where I simply camp somewhere in the zone hoping that someone would wander happily into my range so I could just jump him/her.. which did lead to another kind of problems..
      • Zone is huge. With less people in it chance for someone to come by is going smaller and smaller.. Well I figured out where higher markup stuff were and camped around those regions only..Ive sat in zone for hours (longest period being 5h at one place) without seeing more than few people.. Ofc camping near tp or outposts would result with more traffic coming by but usually only loot would be some ammo from lootpool which is more often than not crap (100-150 cells of loot do not pay for even decay)

• Teleporting and landing before victims kind of worked out although many simply started shooting under their feet with their own rocketlaunchers trying to suicide and often succeeded doing that.. not hard if miner hides behind some object and blasts away before you get to him/her
but comon FPC. Camping for hours doing nothing but staring at radar for green dots is not fun by anybodys definition.:scratch2::mad:

From miners perspective.

• bluntly put - mining in zone sucks. Why the hell most of the zone is lyst and oil? or zinc/ganganite.Òr lyst/belkar.Those kind of ores/enmatters used to be only at certain areas close to zone border pre-vu10.. now half the zone is filled with them. Who cares about risking their hide for lyst/oil?
  • IF (and thats big if) you can find it at all. Typical mining runs are in style 5-20 "no resource found" then II-IV claim and repeat..amped. Yesterday I had close to 30 NRF-s by the end of 100 probe mining run. I globaled in between and that saved from disaster but shouldnt mining being good enough to attract miners to risk themselves?? One of my friends with decent mining skills (over level 40 prospector) said that if he could mine in akmuul zone securely he would certainly get hof with amps.. Well.. I tagged along with him as free bodyguard and he got to try it out.. minus was rather big and by his words mining was certainly way worse than outside zone.
  • There are times when mining is bit better.. and that is past midnight MA time. When I personally have clock on wall showing 3am-6am morning. It would be healthier to sleep
  • what is the problem? IMHO really slow respawn of ores/enmatter "in the ground". Once single miner goes over area its dead for many hours. Since area where better markup resources are found, is rather small - most of the time mining in lootable zone is not worth money or risk since you cant find much and have at least theoretical probability to get looted (which is now quite small thanks to all the "improvements"). Lot of people seemed to have reached same conclusion and by now I see only fraction of names I saw mining around in akmuul lootable 3+ months a go.And a lot fewer than 1 month a go..

low level hunter

• whats in zone to hunt? Attackers and mulmun. Attackers having nothing much worth in the loot besides minor tp chip which drops rarely.. Even SK20 drops have decreased. Why should sane person want to hunt it?

• Mulmun - itamz in loot.. but theres hook. SK50 which is one item with nice markup seems to drop only from bigger mulmuns, usually Warrior and above.. How many are those around? Too few.. Cant remember when I last saw Mulmun Hunter or Berserker.. wait, it was in vu9:scratch2:. Now all you can usually find are Mulmun Outcast to Guard with some Raider in here and there.. no wonder sk50 have 200+% markup. I wrote about that problem to support few weeks a go and all I got was "we cant discuss these details regarding loot" and "your message have been forwarded to design team"-which was to be expected..
All those issues summarized hurts "fun factor".
To the point Ive started to stand at wall near rig almost daily and just watch "how the grass grows" and people wait for oil..

I did not plan it as whining thread. If I get enough positive response and enough other players agree to this I would like to send this text to MA support with link to EF

What would improve the situation?
-less low markup "filler" resources
-higher respawn rate for mining resources
-Disabling the ability to damage yourself with rocketlauncher
-increase slightly avatar visibility range..
-bigger probability to loot worthy L items from mulmun/attacker..

Last edited:
I 100% agree, hence why i quit !

PVP4 is destroyed.. PK is not the same.. I doubt there has even been one "soc v soc" battle since VU10, where as in VU9 they would occur weekly, and are imo the most fun you can possibly have on Planet Calypso.. but now its gone.

I've noticed a few other PKrs chipping out also, so i guess this feeling is widespread.

It would be great if MA sort this problem out, but it should have never been changed so dramatically in the first place.. and for it, they have lost quite a few depositing players.

Edit:

I'd imagine PK provides the smallest income for MA, which is strange, as i think many agree, it must be the best/most fun part of the game?

But since Hunting/Mining & Crafting provide a much larger profit for MA.. I doubt fixing any PVP mechanics/zones is anywhere near the top of the list.

Last edited:
I think PvP4 has gotten better.

Just because you have yet to adapt doesn't mean that there's no more way to profit :p

Just because you have yet to adapt doesn't mean that there's no more way to profit :p

No offence, but you were never involved in any of awesome and epic battles that happend, so perhaps you never experienced it the same ?

And its not about Profit.. ofc anyone can still profit from PVP4, this is not the issue.

I 100% agree with your post and it isn't whining your meerly stating FACT!

ofc u can profit on hunting bigger mobs but that does not attract that many players.. for good reasons

it's funny...

It's funny, but it sounds like you don't like it now because you actually have to use some real world skills and tactics instead of just relying on auto aim, my gun does more damage than yours, I win, easy way of doing things in the past. I think auto-tool was added to weapons because all the hunters/miners complained that crafters now had an advantage... Now that things are levelled out, folks are complaining. MA can never win because they can never satisfy all the folks that complain no matter what happens...

n00bs used to never stand a chance in PvP. It sounds like most of what you are talking about gives them a standing chance now, which should be a good thing. New blood can bring new life to the place.

Elementary aged bullies don't seem to like it much when their prey actually stands up to them in the playground sometimes... that sounds like it's the real type of logic that's coming out of this thread... We are bullies that used to rule the palyground, but now we can't do that as much, boo hoo...

About time I say. Now other folks stand a chance and tactics might actually have some meaning.

While I and prolly most others dont stand a chance if we go toe to toe with most older more skilled players (excluding just buying insanly expensive equiptment) I guess like you said there is no reason for a noob or any player for that matter (loot wise)to go there and risk getting looted.

Now do I care if pvp4 "dies" - not at all as I could never afford the stuff to not be the victim in there. But I do think it should stay for those that find it fun.

Now if loot was much better even outside pvp4 and I had some nice ped on my card - I might get saucey and try to run thru the zone just for fun - I sometime run to the rig just to see how fast i get shot lol - when im bored usually so see you there tonight ;)

So i guess if you like the PK battles just go to the rig - there you will find people more on your level - maybe higher (not sure I dont know ur level so no offense). If it is not the looting of nubs/others you desire - but just a pvp battle - i think you know where to find action and oil is your reward.

I would actually love to just sit there and watch an epic pvp battle, but someone always going for the next pvp hof - maybe you guys could let people watch the battles maybe some might even decide to join in one day ;)

I've heard it from a lot of people and I'm sure you're not the last to feel like it's 'dying' inside the zone.

I hope that all my pk friends find a new way to enjoy it - otherwise - my FL is going to be void of people trying to help me dig up my pvp 4 tower. :(

As for complaining .. of course people who enjoy pk are complaining.
Imagine
if they completely re-vamped just about every aspect of your hunting, crafting, mining - right down to 'how it's done.'
I'm almost sure you'd complain too. ;)

I've heard it from a lot of people and I'm sure you're not the last to feel like it's 'dying' inside the zone.

I hope that all my pk friends find a new way to enjoy it - otherwise - my FL is going to be void of people trying to help me dig up my pvp 4 tower. :(

As for complaining .. of course people who enjoy pk are complaining.
Imagine
if they completely re-vamped just about every aspect of your hunting, crafting, mining - right down to 'how it's done.'
I'm almost sure you'd complain too. ;)

But I like it better now :D

Skills actually count.

And if you ever get a PvP4 tower.. you can count on me to.. help..

It's funny, but it sounds like you don't like it now because you actually have to use some real world skills and tactics instead of just relying on auto aim, my gun does more damage than yours, I win, easy way of doing things in the past. I think auto-tool was added to weapons because all the hunters/miners complained that crafters now had an advantage... Now that things are levelled out, folks are complaining. MA can never win because they can never satisfy all the folks that complain no matter what happens...

n00bs used to never stand a chance in PvP. It sounds like most of what you are talking about gives them a standing chance now, which should be a good thing. New blood can bring new life to the place.

Elementary aged bullies don't seem to like it much when their prey actually stands up to them in the playground sometimes... that sounds like it's the real type of logic that's coming out of this thread... We are bullies that used to rule the palyground, but now we can't do that as much, boo hoo...

About time I say. Now other folks stand a chance and tactics might actually have some meaning.

He's speaking as both a pk'er and a miner, offering points for both, one affecting the other.

MA works in mysterious ways...

Your post is so wrong, and far from the truth ! Did you even read the entire thread? It seems you picked out one part, about one tactic which can no longer be used, which is infact least of the problems.

The PKers are unhappy, time to start mining PVP4!!! :yay:

And yes I agree with you mining has been realitively bad. Seems lots of experience miners now prefer to hunt/craft over mining since VU10.

I don't mine PVP4 because my computer is too laggy. A green dot would have killed me before I even knew it was there. I blame this on the upgraded graphics and a mediocre isp.

I dont understand why you say "Skills actully count" ? Can you explain ?

You actually need to aim in VU10, which makes dodging against high geared ubers that don't know how to play much easier.

Another thing is that lag is MUCH less than it was before. Those of us that don't live in Europe actually have a chance now.

I agree with the OP... PvP is lacking in many ways.

Leveling and removing the clutter in the terrain wouldn’t be hard for FPC to do

Putting an Oil Rig inside of lootable PvP would dramatically spice things up and would pull a lot more people there. They could simply copy-n-paste the rig graphics to the PvP area in Akmuul saving time with design

These are all simple fixes that FPC could quickly address

MindArk could then address mining loot balance and types of Ore/EnMatter found within lootable PvP, again not hard to fix

Myself and others have presented the idea of a precious stone mine in lootable PvP which would amount to a vast underground cavern and tunnel system where once in a while gem stones would be found on the ground. Making it a premium mining spot with unique mobs would also attract people. If the entrance(s) to the mines were located in lootable PvP and if the mines themselves were lootable PvP then it would add a whole new fun dynamic to the area

If FPC did all of these things, I think Akmuul would be buzzing with activity

hehe, sevvy is just pissed because it is so much easier to hit ppl now, meaning that people with fewer skills do not stand any chance at all anymore.

for your general education I relied to autoaim only when I couldnt actually see what I was shooting at..mostly after teleporting trough "white screen"..
99% of time I used manual aim since it was much FASTER
if you doubt so much about my ability to actually aim or employ tactics then have a look at some screenies taken with xfire in past (account dxshaqan-theres plenty of those more).
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/9ac36128104732ac51e73e44ed770fd985b9b969.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/a3e7fda54fe96291d0c494da07f34ce91ba8fd2f.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/9ecf19983858e151dc6194071516fed09c2a8109.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/412b83f5e0d5a040468ccc9cfcc1293b9c16c15b.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/9f312ba3e2d8ec8fac8905250d00178b68193aa3.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/a7f301e01354718712edf79efdcc6ef01382c904.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/d5bf1fc91b5a3150877f8cfa49015d05dacd7312.png

PVP4 was separate world inside EU.Now it feels like lost. If you havent been in it, dont bitch over me.
Miners had higher chance for profit for exchange to bigger risks they took and most of them got usually out untouched or they would have not been going back there..
Because majority did not dare to mine there Blood Moss and Himi kept having high markup and miners with balls got rewarded with profit.
Ask Mantas,Hac McLeod,Pero,Matho and others why they went into zone daily without chance to survive in actual fight. 2 of them became my friends over time and when they were under attack and asked for help I tried to help them by attacking their tormentors which was mutually profitable relationship..
Bullies?

hehe, sevvy is just pissed because it is so much easier to hit ppl now, meaning that people with fewer skills do not stand any chance at all anymore.

i totaly agree with you about it is easier to hit ppl now and that is a big problem but i think it is because Agility isn't working yet so probably in a next mini patch we will run as speed like before and can dodge again.

about PVP4 i like it more now because it's easyer to see someone not anymore the yellow flowers.

what i don't like is for me we have lost the real player skills ability about how he play with his avatar moves,aim,heal
now even noob pker with infiltrator/hermes who was aiming like a noob in VU9 and dying from determination weapon now are hitting all the time and we can't even get close for use a melee weap as in general in 3-4 hit sometimes even less we die. :scratch2:

it's just my point of view.

i totaly agree with you about it is easier to hit ppl now and that is a big problem but i think it is because Agility isn't working yet so probably in a next mini patch we will run as speed like before and can dodge again.

about PVP4 i like it more now because it's easyer to see someone not anymore the yellow flowers.

what i don't like is for me we have lost the real player skills ability about how he play with his avatar moves,aim,heal
now even noob pker with infiltrator/hermes who was aiming like a noob in VU9 and dying from determination weapon now are hitting all the time and we can't even get close for use a melee weap as in general in 3-4 hit sometimes even less we die. :scratch2:

You're just used to everybody ELSE having to deal with horrible lag.. because those of us in other continents had no chance for an equal fight.

Now it's balanced, and your advantage is gone.

I agree,
Used to mine PvP4 since it opened, but after VU 10, it lost that "special feeling".
VU 9 almost all of it was filled with good markup recources, now it's oil oil oil, lyst lyst lyst. And one of the very few Blood moss/Himi spots is at an extremely hilly location.
It almost feels as if 90% of the area isn't PvP4 at all.

Looking from a miner's point of view, to mine all the good spots it takes less than 150 probes, when in VU 9 you had to spend over 500.
There are many plain lands surrounded by walls of hills, if you're at one and a PKiller shows up, there's not much place to run.

From a PKiller's point of view, it got much much harder. Since miners can hide behind any tree, rock (since they're solid) and just TP away.

I miss the old PvP4 so much :(

I agree,
Used to mine PvP4 since it opened, but after VU 10, it lost that "special feeling".
VU 9 almost all of it was filled with good markup recources, now it's oil oil oil, lyst lyst lyst. And one of the very few Blood moss/Himi spots is at an extremely hilly location.
It almost feels as if 90% of the area isn't PvP4 at all.

Looking from a miner's point of view, to mine all the good spots it takes less than 150 probes, when in VU 9 you had to spend over 500.
There are many plain lands surrounded by walls of hills, if you're at one and a PKiller shows up, there's not much place to run.

From a PKiller's point of view, it got much much harder. Since miners can hide behind any tree, rock (since they're solid) and just TP away.

I miss the old PvP4 so much :(

You just don't know the good spots any more :D

Keep looking, you'll find them

Why should people with less skills have anymore of a chance. If you want a chance then chip. If you cant afford to chip, then dont bother coming to pvp.

Why should people with less skills have anymore of a chance. If you want a chance then chip. If you cant afford to chip, then dont bother coming to pvp.

lol im sorry, but i find it funny coming from a guy who spent like 95% of his time in twin ring?? Did i ever even once see you in pvp4? I dont think i did lol

+ rep for proposing constructive solutions rather than just wining like most would.Entropia needs more like you.

lol im sorry, but i find it funny coming from a guy who spent like 95% of his time in twin ring?? Did i ever even once see you in pvp4? I dont think i did lol
Ive seen him. In VU10 only though.. was rather enjoyable 2h battling near tp with BA Evo

Well u wont see me much in pvp4 now either cause my LR66 and swine will rip u clean open.

can we refrain from turning this into one of those "my dick is bigger than your dick" conversations and stick to the topic at hand ?

If you wanna compare weenie sizes, feel free to do so via pm. ;)

Back