Question: Akmuul zone destined to die?

I noticed DD is dead? Not seen anyone but you online, selene. That's gotta suck :(

Some notes:
SGA loots means any seasonal pkers are busy hunting (those that used to hunt prevu10 that is, and certainly the only reason I was in there was due to a bad loot streak).

pvp4 Zone I don't believe is any bigger.

I found 5 avatars in 1kME and made 250ped? True I've been able to kill every one of them (except you the second time ;) ) but in general I guess the loots are fatter?

lyst/frig/belk/blaus/oil used to be in pvp4 previously (near the old southern muluk spawns, and also in NW/SW west willunsong prevu10 - an area I think I saw you only once in 6 months)

it's good because the difference in lag for me is much less noticeable now (used to be impossible to hit someone running across my field of vision since I have 400ping)

true about mulmuns, I miss the big ones. muluk and mulaakf have gotten too hard for me now. That's something I accept and look forward to hunting these in the future.

I think the pvp situation is fine. The people with the biggest complaints I see are the low levels who had an economical advantage simply from where they lived (i.e their ping), where they could kill an avatar 10 times their worth by ganging up, hiding in rocks, etc.

In my opinion there are far more tactical options 1v1 now. Some weapons have more value - even those that used to be obsolete now have a use. And there is still the option to jump on the fleeing miner's head.

As far as rocket launcher damage goes....I was sure that in a VU release it was stated this exploit had been removed. Perhaps email support to ask? Seems they forgot to re-implement that.

as for loots.... melchi 110%, blaus 120%, narc 150%. Hunt long enough and win.

Immortal, how are you able to determine your ping time to the EU game servers?

Edit: I tried pinging www.planetcalypso.com and www.mindark.com but the requests timed out. I am able to ping other sites

Last edited:
Immortal, how are you able to determine your ping time to the EU game servers?

Edit: I tried pinging www.planetcalypso.com and www.mindark.com but the requests timed out. I am able to ping other sites

strange that it times out. I used to use tracert from command prompt on www.entropiauniverse.com and www.planetcalypso.com In a recent support case, I was advised me to use pingplotter on 64.125.26.73

This thread is making me sick in all the ignorance displayed from people that just blatantly hate pking (has always been like this).

I think you see it as though everyone who says it's boring is agaisnt pk'rs, i see it another way, those who can't be bothered to pk in EU play other games that involve warfare that pretty much makes pking in EU laughable.

To get me in pk area it would take some serious additions to the PK zones

• No green dots, i mean really... how frikin weak does that make it
  • Smaller area, so you run into people more.. or other people run into your ambush more.
  • Much nicer rewards for miners in there, greed is always going to get a person to put there life at risk
  • TP chips take a lot longer than normal to power up, giving the persuer the advantage over the yellow chicken :)
  • Ruins or Buildings, like the rig. I had been to the rig once or twice and it was dismall, a real dissapointment, but i went to the rig in v10 and yes i liked it very much with all the areas to take cover and to attack from it definatly looks more fun.
  • And last but not least, someway of giving everyone a decent ping. I can get a ping of 10 - 20 on other games in Australia due to the games having servers here on our Aussie ISP's, while i have a ping of between 350 and 500 then it just isnt worth the effort. In Olegs boxing comp my opponent was hitting me while he was facing the opposite direction so obviously where i was punching he wasnt even there anymore :)

So in closing it isnt that we hate pkers or pking at all, it's that pking in EU isnt pulling us in, im all for MA making the PK areas a good part of the game as i would love to get stuck in but at the moment and in the past it just doesnt cut it, that isnt a hate thing it's just a doesnt cut it thing :)

Just my opinion dont hate a non pk'r :) cause id love to be one just not in this game as yet. Your better off getting threads going on how you want it to go and get ideas being thrown around and submitted, look how things got changed recently for crafters etc etc. So fight for the right to pk, dont chip out :)

gl

As Butch stated, why would you quit/chip out/sell/whatever because the game got a little bit more realistic?
Besides, I believe there are a gazillion more realistic-better games aimed at shooting people, if that's what makes you happy.

When was ever PVP about something else? :wtg:
If you call for realism then plasma weapon should be able to penetrate such puny material as wood..:scratch2: rocket explosion should splinter it to pieces.. and I dont know anyone irl who would put bullet into their heads if attacked..:laugh: its as far from realism now as it was before..

I noticed DD is dead? Not seen anyone but you online, selene. That's gotta suck :(

Some notes:
SGA loots means any seasonal pkers are busy hunting (those that used to hunt prevu10 that is, and certainly the only reason I was in there was due to a bad loot streak).

pvp4 Zone I don't believe is any bigger.

I found 5 avatars in 1kME and made 250ped? True I've been able to kill every one of them (except you the second time ;) ) but in general I guess the loots are fatter?
We happened to meet at peak hour which will last about 2-3h each evening.. Other than that its eerily quiet.Come on try it for 3-4 days. Wasted 4k ME outside this time window yesterday-results close to zero :p
Loots are not really fatter.. Were, when tp chips didnt work yet, then people didnt bother going to SC for putting awaya every 10-20ped loot.
lyst/frig/belk/blaus/oil used to be in pvp4 previously (near the old southern muluk spawns, and also in NW/SW west willunsong prevu10 - an area I think I saw you only once in 6 months)
agree. But area with those resources was somewhat differently distributed. Zinc and Ganga were under attacker spawn, and generally mixed with niksarium,narc,blau and himi. Western side was indeed mostly frigu/belk/lyst but there was still some niksarium mixed in.
once in 6 months? probably my luck :D

I think the pvp situation is fine. The people with the biggest complaints I see are the low levels who had an economical advantage simply from where they lived (i.e their ping), where they could kill an avatar 10 times their worth by ganging up, hiding in rocks, etc.

In my opinion there are far more tactical options 1v1 now. Some weapons have more value - even those that used to be obsolete now have a use. And there is still the option to jump on the fleeing miner's head.
in perfect world yes. In reality that option does not work really well because terrain is mostly postapocalyptic:D
As far as rocket launcher damage goes....I was sure that in a VU release it was stated this exploit had been removed. Perhaps email support to ask? Seems they forgot to re-implement that.

as for loots.... melchi 110%, blaus 120%, narc 150%. Hunt long enough and win.
I will ask support

Last edited:

Isnt star from same country as you ?
I thought only aussies had problems with pk

the low lvl u mean have RL skills u dont have, and because u can dominate them now u wil not complain offcourse;).

but most of them wil adjust and wil be dominating again

But why would a beginner start pvp now ? 2 guys in martial armour with 120 hp, LR 53 and some healskills could give most people a hard time in pvp before. they cant anymore.

lets just hope those 2 guys find 8 more friends so pvp can start to be fun again :)

Isnt star from same country as you ?
I thought only aussies had problems with pk
Star lives in the US. I do not.
the low lvl u mean have RL skills u dont have, and because u can dominate them now u wil not complain offcourse;).

I think you are confusing me with someone else. Besides, I hate the fact I can't see an avi outside of my inner circle. As I previously stated, the only other pker I've even seen in pvp since vu10 was implemented has been Selene.

Another factor that comes to mind is the location of attacker spawns - they used to be close to revive/tp, now they are not.

Star lives in the US. I do not.

I think you are confusing me with someone else. Besides, I hate the fact I can't see an avi outside of my inner circle. As I previously stated, the only other pker I've even seen in pvp since vu10 was implemented has been Selene.

my english is not so good , I think i explained it wrong.
Didnt want to talk about u .

I just wanted to say people with high lvl like u wil not complain, because it turned out better for them.

For me np , I wil just chip in for LR 65.
Before twin ring was almost 24/7 with people having pk fun and training to become a better dancer(learn to evade and fap while moving). Now when i go and see in twin ring nobody there.

before it was like 60% gear and 40 %RL skills , now more 80 % gear and 20 % RL skills.

before it was like 60% gear and 40 %RL skills , now more 80 % gear and 20 % RL skills.

Correction, before it was 60% gear, 30% RL location, 10% RL skills.

Now it's 70% gear, 10% RL location, 20% RL skills.

Get it right!

Correction, before it was 60% gear, 30% RL location, 10% RL skills.

Now it's 70% gear, 10% RL location, 20% RL skills.

Get it right!

If i am not mistaken only aussies had problems to pk
I know a guy from brazil and he seemd to do very wel even vs higher lvl. so i doubt canada wil be much diffrence. maybe ur connection or computer.
in your theory swedish people would dominate everybody , and that was not the case

in your theory swedish people would dominate everybody , and that was not the case

EU game servers are not located in Sweden.

well from my point of view its far better in some thinghs and far worse in others...
PK is kinda sucky inside now indeed due to lack of gd`s and too big area and few other reasons, like gd`s suiciding with rockets, not beiing able to proper fap in a batle anymore, ect ect ect..
Mining is really sucky inside from all points of view...high MU ores/enmatters (whitch MU seems to fall drastically but this will lead to other discussion..) spawns in very few areas and with crapp respawn rate...veeery low hitrate from mining....veeery big part of toxic zone has only lyst and oil with maybe some alicenies or belcar or other crap and also low hitrate and crap respawn...shitload of hills and mountains whitch takes loads of time to climb...ect ect ect
But they are some better things about the zone nowadays whitch compensate all others for me at least ( wont go in to details cause it may affect my ingame fun and ocasionally profits)...so it all cames down to what you enjoy most from this game...some things are BETTER some things are WORSE...its called evolution i think and we all need to adapt.
Anyway very good job with this thread and + rep from me :beerchug:

Why should people with less skills have anymore of a chance. If you want a chance then chip. If you cant afford to chip, then dont bother coming to pvp.

This gnib has spoken half of the true here about pk nowadays...pk `proffesion` becames a proffesion only for rich $$$$ players who deposit shitload for theyr gear and skills w/o having the need to actually play so much...they were few in VU9 too (i.e. rectum :D) but they were allot more easy to kill than nowadays indeed since they were allmost all autoaimers, but now its all about $$$ even more...and this is the way MA wants it to be...
You want to PK ? sell your house+car+soul+leg+arms+all expandable organs inside -> deposit-> buy top high end gear + all skills in AU for a month -> your UNDEFETED, UNVINCIBLE,GOD of PK :yay:
^ Evolution.

OMG its a tax collector complaining :D No sympathy :)

OMG its a tax collector complaining :D No sympathy :)

Shutup ...im not complaining, as i sayd in my 1st post im doing quite better inside nowadays than ever... :D

No idea how Akmuul pvp is developing for pk'ers, but as a miner I'm making profit or braking even on most of my runs in pvp4 in the last 2 weeks.

Most pk'er don't even bother trying to find a target inside, personally i don't, if someone jump on me or mine near my hunting spot in 99% of case he'd die but i don't run after them anymore..
Last interesting dot i came across was a 917 global all ammo or a 200pedder in ores guy i met while exploring the pvp and was about a month ago

im wondering what people think now that you can grab the health bar and auto-everything...can one even call it pvp?
do people still think rl skills matter at all?
are the pvp-ers happy with this change?
just wondering..

im wondering what people think now that you can grab the health bar and auto-everything...can one even call it pvp?
do people still think rl skills matter at all?
are the pvp-ers happy with this change?
just wondering..

SUCKS BADLY! if you ask me

I agree that the loot in minerals should be more interesting to lure more people in but the fact that new players can hide makes it more realistic and challenging. I like it :).

I think we should replace all the lyst in PvP4 with langotz.

The blaus with xeremite..

And the narc with rugaritz.

Let the wargames begin :D

all i ever find in pvp4 is other pk'rs :laugh:

tried mining and had a %40 return...hunting doesn't seem so bad though
Posted via Mobile Device

Ive been active in Akmuul zone since January this year..That means 90% of online time spent in the zone. It used to be great fun, lots of people dwelling around..miners, pkers,hunters - almost every hour of day you had something to do there.. not to mention epic battles between socs with up to twenty people participating..
Mining was reasonably good and at least motivated miners to try their luck.. same with hunting mulmuns and attackers.. and if you wanted to pk you actually had a chance to do it without wasting literally hours looking for targets..

When the VU10 came I was initially happy since there were less people than before but enough to keep myself busy and mining wasnt too bad either..but gradually things started to be getting worse..

Whats worse from pk-ers viewpoint

• way harder to kill other people unless they are willing to fight and either wait for you or attack you themselves
  • why harder to kill?
    • terrain is now filled with hills and solid trees.. you can not shoot now trough trees or small stones.. which means that if you appear on radar and start running towards your target, all he/she has to do is look around, pick a closest object (which is usually like 5-10m away), hide behind it and tp away.You cant use any long range weapon to stop it. Except rockets,well maybe
      • since rockets have reduced area effect now they usually do not hurt if you simply fire at tree your target is hiding behind (in hopes that blast damage makes tp chip at least reset).
      • IF you still get lucky and you succeed in doing some damage then restarting tp chip can be done instantly after receiving damage (no longer need to wait until progress bar completes itself)
    • IF you choose not to run towards your presumed victim but choose to tp then both have about same time for charging tp and jumping with pker having disadvantage of being forced to find and point out precise landing place.. so by the time you jump, your target is already gone or you only see him jumping into safety by the time you land.. quarter of a second can make difference..
      • since there is no longer possible autoaim tactics where you could instantly fire even trough "white screen" simply by preselecting targets health bar and click at it blindly right after landing, chance of getting any successful shot out is smaller than winning lottery
        • fact that you cant see avatars by "naked eye" past 50-60m does not improve your chances neither
    • All those described issues forced me to adapt to waiting tactics where I simply camp somewhere in the zone hoping that someone would wander happily into my range so I could just jump him/her.. which did lead to another kind of problems..
      • Zone is huge. With less people in it chance for someone to come by is going smaller and smaller.. Well I figured out where higher markup stuff were and camped around those regions only..Ive sat in zone for hours (longest period being 5h at one place) without seeing more than few people.. Ofc camping near tp or outposts would result with more traffic coming by but usually only loot would be some ammo from lootpool which is more often than not crap (100-150 cells of loot do not pay for even decay)

• Teleporting and landing before victims kind of worked out although many simply started shooting under their feet with their own rocketlaunchers trying to suicide and often succeeded doing that.. not hard if miner hides behind some object and blasts away before you get to him/her
but comon FPC. Camping for hours doing nothing but staring at radar for green dots is not fun by anybodys definition.:scratch2::mad:

From miners perspective.

• bluntly put - mining in zone sucks. Why the hell most of the zone is lyst and oil? or zinc/ganganite.Òr lyst/belkar.Those kind of ores/enmatters used to be only at certain areas close to zone border pre-vu10.. now half the zone is filled with them. Who cares about risking their hide for lyst/oil?
  • IF (and thats big if) you can find it at all. Typical mining runs are in style 5-20 "no resource found" then II-IV claim and repeat..amped. Yesterday I had close to 30 NRF-s by the end of 100 probe mining run. I globaled in between and that saved from disaster but shouldnt mining being good enough to attract miners to risk themselves?? One of my friends with decent mining skills (over level 40 prospector) said that if he could mine in akmuul zone securely he would certainly get hof with amps.. Well.. I tagged along with him as free bodyguard and he got to try it out.. minus was rather big and by his words mining was certainly way worse than outside zone.
  • There are times when mining is bit better.. and that is past midnight MA time. When I personally have clock on wall showing 3am-6am morning. It would be healthier to sleep
  • what is the problem? IMHO really slow respawn of ores/enmatter "in the ground". Once single miner goes over area its dead for many hours. Since area where better markup resources are found, is rather small - most of the time mining in lootable zone is not worth money or risk since you cant find much and have at least theoretical probability to get looted (which is now quite small thanks to all the "improvements"). Lot of people seemed to have reached same conclusion and by now I see only fraction of names I saw mining around in akmuul lootable 3+ months a go.And a lot fewer than 1 month a go..

Hmm... I never was a PKer, except for the moments when I had to, but from perspective I understand to be the one of average Entropia avatar/player things you've mentioned seem to be a nice improvements made in Entropia and making things more fair. Yes, more challenging for a PKer, but also giving some chance to the prey. And it seems that no longer just having expensive gear gives too big advantage. I mean that trees and rocks are solid for me is a good thing. All of them should be, I was happy like a kid when I've learned that finally in 10.0 we can't go through trees and stones. Shame that they've changed this imo.
It may make the combat more interesting. Certainly more interesting than just a duel to decide who has higher dps factor on his side. So who had more cash to invest in gear or more time to get it.

That mining is not awesome in the zone... it seems that Entropia lost many players during transition to cry engine. 1. Not everyone had the machine able to run it. 2. Loots were not wonderfull for quite a while. 3. There was no possibility to team up, which rules some players out again, because there are people who hunt only in teams. 4. Amount of bugs (which are still there) was not encouraging to play the game.

Anyway, I would still like to see this kind of PVP :) :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/159995-imperial-navy-high-command.html

I dropped 500 bombs in pvp4 tonight, all amped with oa101, with tk-320. I was not PKed, I took a net loss anyways :p

Not gonna go back for a while.

Oh, not a single himi..... that pisses me off...

to OP:
Sorry for hiding behind trees and rocks :) Died once cuz I was chatting and didn't notice green dot lolz

well...i had a 265 ped lyst hof in pvp4 today...i've found a few bits of himi...just using an of105 unamped
Posted via Mobile Device

there should be exclusive ores and enmatters in pvp3 and pvp4.

miners should have a better reason to go there, and better mobs for the hunters.. if this happens more ppl will take the chance and pkers will follow their pray..

Back