Are you or I a loser because we deposit?

5 years like depositer
I consider me like a loser
Probably i m
But ofc it s my fault

Title says it all....

Im just curious because reading the rebalancing loot/leechers thread.... I see a certain someone classifying those who deposit as losers....

And anyone who doesn't deposit as winners (which Ill agree with)

Im just curious if you as a depositer consider yourself a loser?

And on a side note to how many non depositers read this thread.... how long did you spend growing your ped card? How restricted was your game play? How big is your PED card after how long?

At the moment I have to say yes, and where is the poll for this ? :)

Loser in the sense that I/we lose money?
Yes.

As a colloquial term it has never referred to me, I'm a winner at everything I do :)

I dont like polls and Im 2 forum noob to make one... if an admin sees one feel free to toss one up lol....

Just a quick note on people who say we need alot more depositors, the unintended consequences of this is inflation. And while I don't think more depositors bad, There are negative reactions as well as positive ones that you should keep in mind.

Nope. We'd have inflation if less or same depositors would deposit more/capita and tomorrow you'd see 20 PED for 1$. More depositors, alot alot more would just create atomic market, which would be good for MA compared to current system which is closer to oligopol if anything.

Wouldn't say that I'm a loser because I deposit. Been playing EU since Feb 2002 and have deposit various amounts since that time to try out all the activities available.

Granted I have made a profit from selling items I have accumulated and last year cashed out into Real Life, so that I could put some payments down for a real life property.

But I'm depositing small amounts again just so I have a bit of cash to log in and do a spot of hunting.

Only depositers can lose. No-depositers can only win. How both may be named not really important.

While progression curves and final results and goals may differ, depositors have indeed to provide for their own performance as well for no-depositers.

To all ends the “good player” is the one who contributes positively to the system by effectively depositing, while a no-depositer impacts and contributes negatively by gathering, holding or removing resources from the system. The system can remain and survive only with depositors, he wouldn’t even exist without.

As long the system allows no-depositers to evolve, without set a cap or different progression conditions, it has to keep a high degree of attractiveness in order to keep regular depositers stimulated and attract new ones in order to survive and/or keep evolving.

first years i was non depositor so I was winner anyway. Lately i deposited much so i will count myself as a winner if i withdraw same amount and something will left in the game (skils,gear). :)

Depositors ROCK!

Seriously, it takes all kinds to make this a vibrant community of gamers. Different people have different goals, different resources/situations, and derive enjoyment from different aspects of the game.

In my view, the only "losers" are those who put down other economic elements of the game, or who demand special treatment for their own element. A certain big-spender who wanted to relegate non-depositors to their own island comes to mind here.

Only depositers can lose. No-depositers can only win. How both may be named not really important.

While progression curves and final results and goals may differ, depositors have indeed to provide for their own performance as well for no-depositers.

To all ends the “good player” is the one who contributes positively to the system by effectively depositing, while a no-depositer impacts and contributes negatively by gathering, holding or removing resources from the system. The system can remain and survive only with depositors, he wouldn’t even exist without.

As long the system allows no-depositers to evolve, without set a cap or different progression conditions, it has to keep a high degree of attractiveness in order to keep regular depositers stimulated and attract new ones in order to survive and/or keep evolving.

I'm glad that some can think clear :)

By your definitions, only "losers" are "good players." If someone deposits a bunch, hits a big hof so that he doesn't need to deposit anymore (maybe even withdraws his deposits), he would then become a no-depositor and thus a negative contributor by your standards.

Does a no-depositor really contribute negatively by gathering sweat/fruit/stones? Or do they actually contribute positively to your own gaming experience--allowing you to pursue your goals more effectively and with more enjoyment?

I think your last paragraph is the truest. The current system does "require a high degree of attractiveness in order to keep regular depositers stimulated and attract new ones." Would you rather have a system that didn't require attractiveness? What I think has set EU back during the last year is that they didn't focus enough on the things that really do attract and keep depositors.

Is someone who goes to the cinema to watch a film a loser if he pays to go in?
Is someone who buys beer a loser?

I deposit a small amount of money each month and have a lot of fun for that money when playing EU. If I have no money and do not deposit then I sweat or don't play so much - I have less fun.
So, yes I lose money, but I gain fun.

maybe we are... lol

i have fun, although i think i should depo less.. already started depositing less since oktober 2009, starting this year going for even less..

but losers.. i don't know, you can play with patience and win and be a winner..
or you can play like you want, have fun, get higher ranks faster and lose..
does it make you a loser... i don't think so..

just a way of playing

Please Stop

I deposit because I want to, because it means I have more freedom to do things I want to and the pace at which I do them. I deposit when I can, if I want to.

I don't think this makes me a winner or loser, a better or worse person, stupider or smarter, more or less of a Calypsian colonist, than one who deposits differently than I do, whether it be more, less, or not at all.

The RCE needs activity, and it needs players at all levels to make the whole thing go 'round. Everybody is free to take (or aim for) the place they see for themselves within the system, from the "lowly" sweater/dung collector to the "hallowed" uber hunter/mega-investor.

Please, just stop worrying about everybody else (something over which you have no control). Your worrying is better spent on yourself.

:beerchug:

Miles

Depositers are winners not losers, but i dont see non depositers as losers either. Im an old non depositer, but i still make decay for MA everyday. But takes much more time and effort to be a non depositer, and i think that depositers can have much more fun because of that.
I think it comes down to this,, lets say you just finish a hunt/mining run/crafting session and you put youre loot/warez up on auction, do you care if a sweater or depositer buys your item? Offcourse not you just want to sell your items:yay:

they're all jealous ... :rolleyes:

NO!

NO! Depositors are NOT loosers... Otherwise, by definition, the biggest loosers in game would be Deathifier, Neverdie, and now Buzz... and as anyone can tell you, those folks sure ain't loosers! :) ;)

All I have to say was College was not free either, this game has a steap learning curve. For some they spend a year or more sweating trading grinding it out in the most boring fashion till the learn to play the game in a way that lets them recover losses and keep going. Others Deposit and pay for their education. For me I did stupid shit like used EP41 at level 35 etc I deposited and paid for my mistakes but learned alot and now do pretty ok.

I really have respect for someone who can spend a year sweating and doing tedious game play to get to a level where they can play mid level comfortably.
But I also think its cool if someone wants to depo and have fun, If someone can afford to spend some money and use Entropia as an entertainment outlet that is awesome. Deposit what your willing to spend entertaining yourself and you can never be a looser, and if you happen to have more value later on then its awesome, if not you had a blast spending your money :)

Now if you are depositing your rent money and not feeding your babys cause of your entropia addict then maybe your a looser. Those who are doing that please stop your babys are hungry, feed them and keep the roof over their head.

So I deposit and lose so i'm a loser.

Or is it I deposit, lose and that makes me a good player.

Or I deposit, lose, and i'm a bad player cause I lose when I should win?

or maybe i'm really a good player because I lose when I should win, yet....... :scratch2:

all these threads and theories....i'm soooo :confused:

Maybe i'm a loser cause I can't keep this thread straight anymore....:hammer:

:silly2: :laugh:

yes i am and i will depo even more but this time i will only buy lots off ESI.:)

We all have times when we loose but being a Looser is an attitude, usually goes with the words "give me".

I have really yet to see someone that I would say the game made a looser, impatiences, greed...these are all paths that lead to the dark side ;)

NO! Depositors are NOT loosers... Otherwise, by definition, the biggest loosers in game would be Deathifier, Neverdie, and now Buzz... and as anyone can tell you, those folks sure ain't loosers! :) ;)

:)

And on a grand scale, the Planet that does not cater to depositors is gonna be the biggest Looser of all.

I'm only bringing this up because of this whole depositor/non-depositor thing leads us to 'Doom and Gloom' kind of thinking, and its not very rational to think in that way.

Winners/loosers/depositors/nondepositors/fanboys/whiners we all leech and we all contribute.

Depends on how you mean loser, in the sense that you've lost something and therefore being that person as a part of speech it's correct to state you are a loser. Or more likely I think you mean in the school-yard slang sense, "oh you complete waste of space", blah blah blah, insert various insults.

Everyone is a loser, in so much as nobody has played and always won and never lost - For someone who wants to claim otherwise - also vary the time interval, and within no time it can be proven everyone is a loser. So that's nothing special or to worry about.

The slang sense is something to be concerned about. If you're regularly depositing money that you can't afford to write off, then you're either desperate, stupid or a gambler - either way a loser.

Being a loser while directly related to entrophy of your wallet, isn't always MA's doing. If you impulse buy, pay above top-dollar because you can't wait and never bothered to check shops/auction history to realise that a desired item will be available ~5 more times in the same week. If you buy a flash gun, show it you your mates and then sell it at a loss when you get bored 1 day later. If you make 500 ore amps and cry when your funds run out and have nothing to do. Then you are a loser.

Everyone comes to the table with a different desire, some want evil killer skillz and don't care how much it costs, some want entertainment (the real losers :silly2: ) others want to show they can make it big on their luck and wit. So it's not correct to say that depositing is wrong or even undesirable. But if you pay, you must get something that's worthwhile to you. Otherwise you're just a mug!

Don't forget quite a lot of people love nothing more than to complain about how awful life is for them, so they can deposit and fulfil their goals :laugh:

I think most non-depositors are losers, tbh, but if they want to spend their time essentially farming like a stereotypical chinese game-factory worker, who am I to complain?

Depends on how you mean loser, in the sense that you've lost something and therefore being that person as a part of speech it's correct to state you are a loser. Or more likely I think you mean in the school-yard slang sense, "oh you complete waste of space", blah blah blah, insert various insults.

Everyone is a loser, in so much as nobody has played and always won and never lost - For someone who wants to claim otherwise - also vary the time interval, and within no time it can be proven everyone is a loser. So that's nothing special or to worry about.

The slang sense is something to be concerned about. If you're regularly depositing money that you can't afford to write off, then you're either desperate, stupid or a gambler - either way a loser.

Being a loser while directly related to entrophy of your wallet, isn't always MA's doing. If you impulse buy, pay above top-dollar because you can't wait and never bothered to check shops/auction history to realise that a desired item will be available ~5 more times in the same week. If you buy a flash gun, show it you your mates and then sell it at a loss when you get bored 1 day later. If you make 500 ore amps and cry when your funds run out and have nothing to do. Then you are a loser.

Everyone comes to the table with a different desire, some want evil killer skillz and don't care how much it costs, some want entertainment (the real losers :silly2: ) others want to show they can make it big on their luck and wit. So it's not correct to say that depositing is wrong or even undesirable. But if you pay, you must get something that's worthwhile to you. Otherwise you're just a mug!

Don't forget quite a lot of people love nothing more than to complain about how awful life is for them, so they can deposit and fulfil their goals :laugh:
Can't agree more to that those of us that are here for entertainment are
the real losers, development for funfactor isn't exactly what it should be, imo. ;)

But on the other hand, for some the way to get profit and be able to play
without depo is entertainment, for them. So if depositers leave, they gonna
end up doing that too, either they want it or not... :D

Nah, not really. I depo to use a entertainment the way I want, which is
sadly not the way MA want to be a successful way... :D
But I must say I'm quite tired of some who think they are sooo good just
because they don't have to depo. Nice for them, but they have a way to
have fun that fits MAs way to be successful.
Some are obvious not up in ladder high enough so they have hit the
really bad cycles yet. Some that are sooo good today gonna get pretty
pissed when they do hit the terrible parts in some cycles... ;)

If I want to make money I do that irl at a job, and then I use EU to get
away from all shit related to that rl job.

But lately, I'm quite tired of how depositers are seen.
MA don't give a shit, some players don't give a shit, so I have decided to
not depo for a while. Interesting to see what would happen if 60-70%
of all depositers did same thing.
Do you think we should see some changes in future after that? ;)

yes, I too grow tired of none depositers hitting big hofs and also get really tired of none depositers like mike masters who sit at the rig all day and collect the oil and when you kill them, they get their mates to come and fight for them while they continue to sit and collect the oil. I really dont know how these people cant see that they are being used.

Title says it all....

Im just curious because reading the rebalancing loot/leechers thread.... I see a certain someone classifying those who deposit as losers....

And anyone who doesn't deposit as winners (which Ill agree with)

Im just curious if you as a depositer consider yourself a loser?

And on a side note to how many non depositers read this thread.... how long did you spend growing your ped card? How restricted was your game play? How big is your PED card after how long?

I don't consider someone that is not depositing, hunting for 30 min and shouting in trade channel to sell animal hide for 2 hours a winner...

You're only a loser if you fail to accomplish the goals you set out to do. And seriously try to obtain them.

Back