Art Galleries

Frank|SDS

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Hi all,

I'm interested in finding out how many participant run art galleries we have on Calypso. If you own/run one make a post in this thread and tell a little about where it is, how long you've been running, which shows you've had, what you have coming up etc.

Thanks a lot

/Frank

hello

i have one at emerald mall second floor shop 5L
i m exposing a french artist with limited amount and real pay for her at sweat price.

it running since 6 month now. i m preparing the hability to sell the real paint soon.

Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts

Hi Frank,

I have one in Billton T3,5G

Its called Ido's Gallery of contemporary Arts. And it has been displaying art since March 2007. I think i was the first to open an art gallery from participant content... sort of pioneering the concept :)

We also have held numerous art auctions in the galery and later in appartmen 5E just acrros the corridor.

Give me a few minutes and i will provide you with a list of links to the events we did throughout 2007.

Exhibition Info:
15 Dec: Week long exhibition - Onciest and friends
02 Aug: Native Wildlife Exhibition - at Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts
12 Jul: Slapnut's Photography at Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts - Matemma's Art Auction
28 Jun: Twister's Art at Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts - Onciest's and Matemmas Art Auction
14 Jun: The Art of June - Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts ... New Artist, and an Auction of Unique arts
19 Apr: The Onciest's Paintings - Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts
05 Apr: Spiiral's Paintings - Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts
29 Mar: Slapnuts Photography - Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts
22 Mar: Tidesong's Paintings - Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts
15 Mar: Silvas Sculptures and Paintings at Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts
08 Mar: Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts - Abstract Art Vernissage
01 Mar: Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts - The Opening Vernissage

Auctions with Art Catalogues:
Tessa's Art Collection Auction - at VR Art House
Silva's Art Auction - Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts
First LIVE Art Auction in Entropia Universe at Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts

General Galery info here:
Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts
You can also read about the gallery in several issues of "The Calypso Post"

Early Collected Press Releases:
- 02.03.2007: EF - My First Entropian Gallery Opening
- 26.03.2007: EF - Silva’s exhibition at Ido’s gallery: an interview
- 26.04.2007: Calypso Post 4 - EUFiction & Art (page 14)
- 19.06.2007: ENN - The Art of June

And also my Participant Content Guide:
HowTo: Participant Content (PC) - step by step guide

The gallery has been inactive in the beggining of 2008 as we together with VR art house are preparing a big come back exibition ;) more details will follow at an appropriate time

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Last edited:
Stinktree Gallery Experience & New Oxford Art

picture.php

Will post soon with what we have been up too,

Current Art Displayed in New Oxford Cave Shop #01

Gallery EF main thread

We havernt replaced a number of pieces, but will look into that shortly,

Please check it out, and thankyou everyone for the Art purchases, you have put many smiles on the Artist's faces.

Currently & since early 2007

Silva's Art
Most of her work is abstract, but sometimes we can notice combinations of shapes that stimulate our imagination and let us interpret the title in a figurative way. Silva claims she’s not always aware of that, and she was surprised when I told her I could see blue birds in non figurative piece called “The machine”.

Dolores Art
Prisms upon virtual (series 1 of 3)
""Dolores, A Spanish blooded Parisian Artist & Musician produces what she see's & feels from her travels in Entropia & in real life - She turns everyday simple moments into Rainbows - She is a quiet reserved person, has few words, but behind the screen she talks in colours & music - A wonderful twinkling Star in our Virtual Universe"" Moonfish

Stinktree gallery Experience
Art/Music/Video & Spoken word blended into an experience
On-hold and in storage since Spring 2007

Art can be viewed in our New Oxford Cave Shop #01 (Gallery being up-dated as I type, so it may take 1/2 days to be finished and back up to the standard it was)
Kind regards
Moonfish

Hi everyone,

This post should of been done 2 Months ago, the gallerys have been set up for a good while now.... A long Story..

Well we have 3 Art Spaces in Entropia...

• Heaven 01 - (shop #01) - Under the Deer in New Oxford
  • Heaven 11 - Pa Mall (shop 11) - !st floor
  • Stinktree Gallery Experience - Bilton Towers - Tower 2 - 4 E (now open)

Heaven 01 - (shop #01) - Under the Deer in New Oxford

I love this space - walk from a dark cave corridor into a space full of colour - the shop is alive, with plants and paintings & all kinds of things.

Curently showing & selling in Our New Oxford Shop Art works by:

Silva
ComfortZone.gif
Choochoo.gif
PartyTown.gif

AsOne.gif
Galaday.gif

AWorldWithin.gif
DreamIsland.gif

TheMachine.gif

Silva, well her Art is wonderful, wait till you meet the real person - she blows her own Art away - i met her a few months back - we diddnt stop talking for 2 days - shes a diamond......

Links

Silva’s exhibition at Ido’s gallery : an interview.

Also Showing see page below.......

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding out how many participant run art galleries we have on Calypso. If you own/run one make a post in this thread and tell a little about where it is, how long you've been running, which shows you've had, what you have coming up etc.

Thanks a lot

/Frank

Last edited:
Sorry Frank...

I am stuck with mine.

Only 1 picture uploaded sofar (you can see it in Genesis A 9 G)

If I keep sweating maybe I can afford to put up another one next year :D:D:silly2::silly2:

I edited my first post to include all the information i was able to find about my gallery and its activities.

I think im missing some events from the end of 2007 im not sure if they were documented on EF. We held some exhibitions together with VR Art house www.vrarthouse.com you might want to check that out too :)

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Would be nice if we could rent a gallerie in new oxford (Event system).

Or can we? :scratch2:

Hey Frank.

If music is "art", Jamhot got some really nice things going on you know... :rolleyes:

Jamhot Records

Bilton Towers 1, 3G & 3H.

Many creative ppl in EU. Especially in the "city of culture" :wtg:

Help us be more creative!

Last edited:
Hi Frank, I have one in Billton T3,5G ...

Hello Ido,

visit 5G 1 minute before..
Maintenance fee expired ;)

..will be nice if i can have a look in 5G :)

I'm preparing something close to art gallery idea (won't share details though) but more... blowing up minds of fellow entropians. Now I'm at research step of my project, but will definetely go for it when I finally gather all informations I need, calculate costs, gather funds, choose an estate and so on. I expect starting about this summer.
And, since you gave us the occasion to share our opinions here and receive some answer different than
Thanks for taking the time to submit your suggestions. We really appreciate this kind of feedback and have forwarded your suggestions to the design team.
I would like to share some of my thoughts. Will be brief, so don't worry Frank :D Someone mentioned it above and it's very good idea, but maybe MA could allow for renting their buildings, such as New Oxford gallery halls for some time (let's say one could rent a hall for one week or one month or so). Appartments do not cost much, but they are way to small to display art. And renting could convince more creative individuals to participate in cultural activities. Second thing: we can place custom content on displays. Why can't we display custom made 3d models, maybe in the future even animated? I'm talking about sculptures, which could be displayed on crafted pedestals. I think these two things could boost our creativity even more. And I think that such active community could attract some serious investors and give MA some marketing bonuses.

Hello Ido,

visit 5G 1 minute before..
Maintenance fee expired ;)

..will be nice if i can have a look in 5G :)

Ohh i must have overlooked the maintnace

Its paid now for a few months forward so you shouldnt expirience any problems with that anymore

Also if there are any aspireing artists who would like some help with exhibiting and/or auctioning their art please feel free to contact me :)

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Hello Frank,

I have had my gallery in EU as long as it has been possible to do so. I am certain I had one of the very first participant galleries if not the very first. It started out small at an apartment in Sakura Sachi and eventually the gallery made its way to a house near Fort Argus (see the exact location in my signature at the bottom). The gallery was even on the big screen at CES thanks to a friend in EU. While the art present in the gallery is mine, I still could not have got it looking as nice as it is without the help of many friends in EU. So a special thanks goes out to them. You all know who you are :)

I am not actively selling art right now though because EU does not run well on my machine. Ever since the landgrab my machine has had a very hard time in the Entropia Universe. So I will not be available for tours like I used to be until I can figure out a way to get EU working again.

Even though I am not there to give tours I still encourage people to go have a look. A lot of effort has gone into making my gallery a nice place for all to visit. Also if anyone is interested in purchasing any of my limited works, please feel free to contact me on these forums and I will reply and get on a computer at a friends house to work something out for you.

Thanks!

Abremalin

Frank, does this include face mask artists?

I think frank ment Participant Content items

Hi all,

Thanks a lot

/Frank

However if you would make many nice masks and hang them on the walls of your galler ... i would consider it a form of art (even an interesting one) and i guess it would qualify :)

Ido

Frank, does this include face mask artists?

I wonder that too, I would love to make an gallery/studio with makeup masks. Atm I'm working on a studio and in that studio I'm having 1 painting from Silva (that I bought in Moonfish shop) the one on the topright in his post showing her paintings. I'm aslo having pictures that comes from Freyrs Gallery in Twin Mall lvl 3. Hopefully it wont take too long for me to finnish the studio :)

However if you would make many nice masks and hang them on the walls of your galler ... i would consider it a form of art (even an interesting one) and i guess it would qualify :)

Ido

It is art, look at me, I'm doing makeup masks and I find it artistic, therefor it's art, depends on how u look at it, some don't find paintings, photos etc as art. It's a very personally taste when it comes to art. I think that tattoos is an art too.

I thought Freyr would have posted, but since he has not, im just mentioning, he holds a gal for someone(to lazy to check), in twins mall...(To lazy to check what shop)
Maybe Freyr himself can tell more.. :)

I thought Freyr would have posted, but since he has not, im just mentioning, he holds a gal for someone(to lazy to check), in twins mall...(To lazy to check what shop)
Maybe Freyr himself can tell more.. :)

He's in Twin Mall lvl 3 :)

I run an art Gallery IRL. I am waiting to bring it to EU. When I can sell the item in EU and the buyer gets the IRL item, then I will move forward.

Im too running an Art Gallery with pictures and videos of the native wildlife.

If you like the idea of 'living' pictures i invite you to check out Chikara Ai Condos 4H & 4A.

Further Information can be aquired by clicking on my signature.

in my shop oxford cave shop 3 ... have meany screens whit faicpaint arts-

faice painting is a hard worked art !

thanks for take a look in the first make up art studio of eu :)

It is art, look at me, I'm doing makeup masks and I find it artistic, therefor it's art, depends on how u look at it, some don't find paintings, photos etc as art. It's a very personally taste when it comes to art. I think that tattoos is an art too.

im full agree;)

Lets not forget Slapnuts gallery, he's away for a while so prob wont post here

lol :yay: am i on the bandwagon yet?

Omeg West, epsilon 21b and 14e ... for some of the arts that folks can buy.

also, malin has his place set up as a gallery - NE of argus .. my next door neighbor (my place is 15522/24073)

have a look about .. :)

these apts are for those artists wanting to have their work seen - i host weekly trivia game.

am willing to show work of folks or sell them for the artist. just chat me about which.

Last edited:
the only really difficult part of trying to have a gallery - is the space limitations for the frames .. and the limited frame styles (personally - i hate those corncobs on the corners of the reon frames) much prefer the clean smooth frames or the rather classic frames (reon w/o the cobs).

i would LOVE to be able to hang much more on the walls - but i think i pretty much maxed out the wall space in epsilon 21B (go have a look frank - i think you will like some of it!)

i am not an artist myself - but am willing to help those who are, if i can. :yay:

Hi Frank,

I started my gallery in summer 07, I think. It`s located at Sakurah, Koufuku 7A. I call it "Galerie Schneider". :)

It`s a collection of contemporary Kalypso artists, most of them bought from exhibitions (Ido, Abremalin).

Have a look.

:ahh:

I run an art gallery on the internet, and will bring it to EU as soon as I can manage all the stuff necessary for it. :yay:

Back