Info: Beat the Market Manipulators and SAVE peds!!!

nutter

Stalker
Society
Project X-Y
Fezza Prozac Sanity
Ok, bare with me. This might be a bit of a rambling post, but there is a point to it..

I have been playing Entropia for a few years now, and regularly depositing in order to pay for my entertainment.
I have not 'invested' in anything. I have bought items I have used, enjoyed and changed, including ML-35's, Imp-EP21's, Boar sets, Jag sets etc.

However, over the past few months, it has been noticed not only by myself but by many others (judging by the threads on this forum on the subject) that prices of items that used to be readily obtainable as part of ones in-game career path progression are becomeing rarer and much more expensive. So much so that the 'natural' traditional progression of improving ones equipment as ones skills rise has become impossible for all but those who have huge ped card amounts.

MA is balancing the game fine as far as item drops are concerned. The general consensus is that MA allow a certain number of each item in the game dependant upon the population figure, with items that are TT'd going back into the 'item pool' to be re-looted. Rare items might have 1 drop for every 10,000 players whereas a common 'TT food' item might have 8000 drops per 10,000 players, and upon being returned to the 'item pool' by being TT'd are looted again, TT'd again etc (knight (F) thighs from argos for example)

Nice items are not looted very often, as many of the nice items are no longer in the 'item pool' to be looted. They are no longer in the loot circulation as they are being hoarded for their future 'investment / resale / manipulated' value. MA cannot drop more lest it unballances the amount of each item in the game compared to the population because the items are still IN the game, just not in loot circulation.

There is nothing we can do about this. The hoarders / manipulators have gotten hold of these items, and you can only get them if you are prepared to pay their prices, in turn meaning that you will sell the item for the price your purchased it or more (as no-one actually wants to LOSE money) and so the inflation spiral continues...

So, if you want to progress, the next level equipment requires a huge deposit and 'investment' paying hugely inflated prices for mediocre equipment that quadruples in price in the time it takes to save for it...or does it?

I was trapped in this inflation spiral until recently. I have not deposited in the past 6 months or so, as I have made a number of largish deposits to buy my 'next level' equipment last year thinking that it meant I was advancing...I was, but only in my ownership of expensive items. My gameplay actually became more boring. I was using weapons that were not eco, with armour that decayed too much because my evade was too low etc etc etc. Basically I was bleeding peds...

What I have realised is that I can measure my advancement in this game not by upgrading my equipment, but by DOWNGRADING! Yes, thats right. Downgrading my equipment.

As we play Entopia, our skill levels rise, we unlock new skills, we run faster, we get hit less, yet we feel the need to buy bigger and more expensive items believing that this is our path to uberness.

Well, I remember watching Skalman through my scoped bravo as he killed an Araneotrox without wearing any armour. Surely THAT is what we should be aiming for, not the owning of huge guns / impenetrable armour / thousands of dollars worth of faps. They are not a measure of our advancement in the game, they just measure how much money you have.

I started by experimenting with which mobs I could take without armour, or with Ghost instead of the Boar set I cherished so much. Turns out that I can take the same mobs with ghost +5B as I could in Boar+5b, albeit with a little more fapping (which will lessen as my defence skills grow further). So I sold my Boar and freed up some peds to spend on ammo (ergo gameplay, and as such enjoyment). I found that the challenge returned ('I wonder what else I can take naked / in this pixie/ghost/gremlin+5B etc') and hunts became enjoyable once more, knowing that not only did I have peds to actually PLAY the game with rather than them being tied up in items, but that I was reaping the benefits of the years of hunting, using my evade / avoidance skills, hunting skills and healing skills to enable me to hunt mobs naked that I had only ever fought in armour.

I now find myself enjoying Entropia much more, my cynisism is receding now that I am seeing the benefit of my skills, and I take great joy in knowing that I will never pay manipulated market prices again, as I will not be upgrading my items, but downgrading them as my skills increase further.

The only items I may have to buy will be more powerful guns and faps. Apis(L) and CB26(L) suit me fine for the moment and are quite affordable (and lootable in the case of the CB26(L). The higher (ur175 and onwards) faps are equally affordable and offer better healing than comparable expensive non-L faps.

I save money from not having to repair armour or plates after a hunt, which means that more of my loot counts towards my break even point. I have infact only had a couple of hunts where I have not at least broken even since I decided to hunt using my skills rather than expensive equipment.

Take back your universe from the manipulators and resellers.
They will have to dump the items they hoard if nobody buys them because players are downgrading, using their hard earned skills rather than their wallets to show how they are progressing. This may mean that these items may end up back in the 'item pool' to be looted again (which would make hunting even more enjoyable).

Remember, skills never decay and never need repairing. Use your skills to show your progression, not your wallet!! Inspire the next generation of players to stay in the game and deposit as Skalman once inspired me.

+ rep from me

Makes sense to me.

well said. i have seen many "ubers" hunting in minimal armor aka spiders in pixie.

something that this game needs to learn is that skills DO matter and you can do tons with more skills and less armor.

its a nice theory until you remember that the skill gain curve has been nerfed to the point where the prospect that i might ever hunt a araneatrox solo let alone nakid is unobtainable.

deposit or resell your way to kit that will enable you to have fun is the only way forward. grinding skills for 3 years... you might as well get a second job to pay for deposits.

Fantastic post!!!

And yeah, as skills go up, I downgrade what I use, no need to pay stupid prices for pixels.

I can take out most of the largest mobs in game. And for the 15 or so maturities/varieties I cant take, I call a team mate or 2 or 12 and take em out.

This game is about fun and comradeship. Entertainment. If it aint fun, why do it?

And to this end, I get by just fine with low armour, low fap, and the odd bigish (L) gun. And if the %'s are silly on the guns, then grab a soc mate and instant double firepower.

So much I want to say, but most has been said in the first post.

Very well said Nutter :)

Indeed, Bear, Boar they're really not worth the PEDs they cost at all. The few extra protection points they offer over Ghost/Vigi/etc just doesn't make it worthwhile ever.

Imo, where skills come in is with Jaguar. A little over year on from buying Jaguar I can now hunt in Ghost everything I was able to hunt in Jaguar previously, and for less decay. I see absolutely no need to pay anything like current prices for jaguar, I'll just make do without. Angel one day would be nice, but Jag I'd be surprised if I ever own it again.

I have seriously thought about opting out of the Entropia economy.

What I mean is that I take my Ghost armor and my unlimited gun and simply only buy ammo and repair. Deal only with MA directly.

its a nice theory until you remember that the skill gain curve has been nerfed to the point where the prospect that i might ever hunt a araneatrox solo let alone nakid is unobtainable.

deposit or resell your way to kit that will enable you to have fun is the only way forward. grinding skills for 3 years... you might as well get a second job to pay for deposits.

Hmm. I agree to a point Aridash. But with the current skills system it will take me 12 years to attain the level of the top players. Hence, I am not measuring my enjoyment of the game against them.

The mobs I like to hunt, and this is many of them, are quite happily doable in Grem/5b and a nice (L) gun. For the Spiders, grab some team mates, easy enough. More fun that way anyway :)

And as for kit dictating the level of fun?? That is a flawed way of looking at things as far as I am concerned. Are you saying that you have to have loads of money to make this game fun? Not been my experience. I have just as much fun running TP's with the opalo as I do taking down Spiders with my buddies. None of which necessitates me paying US$30,000 for a bunch of pixels :).

Thanks for making everyone think about it a little.

+Rep to you.

And as for kit dictating the level of fun?? That is a flawed way of looking at things as far as I am concerned.

i guess it come down to style partly, you've found the benefits of teaming work well for you. i am somwhat impatient and when im online want to get out and get stuck in, so tend to hunt alone and therefore need a bit more kit for bigger prey. ive tried eco hunting... its just as varible but dull, id rather have some excitment for the risk.

Cool items including weapon and armor has always been a chance for me to go for mobs that I am not realy ready to kill.

Your post is spot on why everyone should want to skill up and become more efficiant. I hunted an ambu nekkid no to long ago for the first time and that realy changed my mindset towards armor. I do like tu hunt mobs that hit hard and have high hp, with me in big armor, but the most efficiant way to kill anny mob is with a maxed gun and no armor (if you look for eco)

My entertainment is in that I sometimes can hunt large mobs with my Uber Ghost :)D) instead of hunting average mobs nekkid. But this is my mindset.

You are spot on on how to hunt eco, and what everyone should strive for. +rep for a great post

i guess it come down to style partly, you've found the benefits of teaming work well for you. i am somwhat impatient and when im online want to get out and get stuck in, so tend to hunt alone and therefore need a bit more kit for bigger prey. ive tried eco hunting... its just as varible but dull, id rather have some excitment for the risk.

I quite understand what you are saying Ari :) But I can take down Aurli Ravagers, Trox OA, Kreltin Alphas, Scip Alphas etc etc just fine, a bit of fapping yes, but they die. In stuff like Gremlin.

I guess what I am trying to say, and the point of the thread is that you dont have to spend 10,000 % more for a 15% gain in ability.

Yes, I would LOVE better gear. But this is a game for me, a means of entertainment, and I aint gonna remortgage the house to get a 15% gain in the pixels I carry around with me :)

But I fully understand that there are people that would, or maybe people that have the spare cash. If I had this sort of money to "dispose" of, I would rather try and do some good in the real world, rather than gamble. But this is just me.

The point, I suppose is that you don't need to pay huge amounts to have huge fun. Too much keeping up with the diminishing Jones in here.

Somehow this is true.

I hunt Trox @ Ithaca in Shogun+5B (is better than Ghost+5A and more eco)
And I can take down Alpha solo and Old Alpha in team of 2

I often come across players who call me noob because Im wearing Shogun.
But I ask them: "who is the noob who needs Ghost for those mobs?"

Your quote about Skallman is not true, because he can take down the Spider naked because of his Gun and Fap worth 500k+ not even mentioning his skills.

The only true way to end Market Manipulators is make MA not counting the BO price like PE-Auction does, but it is somehow tolate because the "normal" sales are rizing to those BO prices aswell.

Cool items including weapon and armor has always been a chance for me to go for mobs that I am not realy ready to kill.

Your post is spot on why everyone should want to skill up and become more efficiant. I hunted an ambu nekkid no to long ago for the first time and that realy changed my mindset towards armor. I do like tu hunt mobs that hit hard and have high hp, with me in big armor, but the most efficiant way to kill anny mob is with a maxed gun and no armor (if you look for eco)

My entertainment is in that I sometimes can hunt large mobs with my Uber Ghost :)D) instead of hunting average mobs nekkid. But this is my mindset.

You are spot on on how to hunt eco, and what everyone should strive for. +rep for a great post

The thing with 100% impact mobs is that they dont decay much at all anyway (perhaps 2 ped armor decay on Ghost+5B per 160 ped ammo)

The thing with 100% impact mobs is that they dont decay much at all anyway (perhaps 2 ped armor decay on Ghost+5B per 160 ped ammo)

My statment was about the great feeling not about the great savings.
But if you are truly talking about saving peds in the long run the few peds you save even on singe dmg mobs also adds up.

My statment was about the great feeling not about the great savings.
But if you are truly talking about saving peds in the long run the few peds you save even on singe dmg mobs also adds up.

But on Ambu healing costs more than decay on Ghost+5B unless you have Mod/Imp/Adj fap

Excellent post, Nutter... and that is exactly what I did about 6 months ago. I also had Boar - sold it. Now I wear Ghost +5B. I bit got a decent UL rifle at a fair price (incredible, but true..) and now I see a LOT more profit on hunts. When I got my 13K Argo the only Item I bought was a Minor TP Chip. Nothing else. The majority of the HoF was for skills.... to make my existing equipment more efficient. I am happier and I don't give a rat's ass about:

1) The cost of a ML-35
2) Hunting Spiders

Both are beyond my reach forever, I know it... and now that I have made peace with it I am having fun!

+rep indeed

top up after the mob with eco fap cant cost more than armor decay?
have not tested thi so I cant say for sure though.
But you are right, the armor decay is almost nothing on ambu even with armor, but I still have to top up sometimes.
well, maby my post was incorrect, as in posting wrong mob, another mob whould have proven my point better, but lets not get to far OT here.

Basic point is that if I had hunted any mob without armor and no fapping it would have been more eco that with armor and fapping and that skills are more important for your future in EU if you look to go strictly eco.

I totally agree.
Once upon a time, i wanted to upgrade my boar to tiger. It is not possible anymore. I will never upgrade my armor, nor will i buy a good UnL weapon. It's too late for it.
The only way for me is to rediscover low armors (henceforth, i too love hunting trox up to dominant with shogun unplated :D and i got that kind of attitude from otehrs as well ehehe), and get even more L stuff if at reasonable prices. Skills do matter!

I don't give a rat's ass about:

1) The cost of a ML-35
You understand that with an ML-35 you can kill alot of mobs before they even get to you? This increases your eco immensely and eliminates both armor decay and fap decay. It could even be comparable to the adj. fap which reduces fap decay and eliminates armor decay.

at some point what MA will do is pretty simple...

they going to put ML35 or such manipulated item into the trade terminal at the price they want! lets say 15k.

at this point, MA will make more money, players will be happy and go spend huge decay bill on uneco setup(missing skills) and MA will then make more money...

oh yeah, 200 players will cry and say its stupid and go sellout. but 2000more player will join and buy a ML35 from TT at 15k

so yeah, ubers should start selling before its too late, u made ur money already... others, resellers, screw u, Ma will find the way to make money and please all player.

At some point in the pyramid there will be no more ppl to come from the bottom and pay the price top-positioned want for their item.

Simply because everyone know most price are getting stupid and that some item not worth their price...

i would not be surprised seeing ppl trying to sell ML's and fail, simply because most that own one are now asking stupid price. and i think at some point no one will pay that price.

i would not be surprised seeing ppl trying to sell ML's and fail, simply because most that own one are now asking stupid price. and i think at some point no one will pay that price.
If it's such a "stupid price," how come people pay it? Because it's worth it.

You lack proof for all your points.
People ARE paying 25k+ for ML-35 at the moment. You could have atleast searched "ML-35" on the forums or checked the market value in-game before making such a stupid comment.

Great thread, I totally agree. I have always looked at skills in this way, and although I would love to own uber armours and such, my realistic long-term aim is to hunt in the gear that I can afford, as cheaply/economically as possible. Skilling is all about improving your performance within the boundaries that you have set, or are imposed on you.

I have great fun hunting small mobs in pixie or naked, and I also have great fun hunting mobs at the high end of my ability using my best gear. It's all good.

+ rep dude. Well said. I am on this same path. I hope others can learn also. :cool:

yes i have said this many times... there is no armor and no gun that cant be made up for with skills... need ebtter armor protection buy serndipity then tons of athlectics and evade... need to do more damage with your gun dont upgrade buy a ton of RDA then youll do lots of criticals...
Uber equipment is for people with no skills who want to hunt big mobs...

Just like some people i know they buy huge L guns to make up for the fact they have no evade , so they think killing the mob fast will make up for the fact i have no skills... its a method but a expensive one...

MA will let you play how you want, you can use a huge gun and huge armor and pay out the ass... MA allows that... im pretty sure that MA doesnt really have a tutoral as far as what guns to use or what skills to buy, you have to learn it all by yourself...

You understand that with an ML-35 you can kill alot of mobs before they even get to you? This increases your eco immensely and eliminates both armor decay and fap decay. It could even be comparable to the adj. fap which reduces fap decay and eliminates armor decay.

I can do this with an Opalo on Exo Youngs.

I can do this with an Opalo on Exo Youngs.
Yea, good point- You'll still profit, just on a much smaller level. :yay:

ML-35 on say, Globsters or Longus or Armax is the same as opalo/exo just on a much larger scale which allows for more revenue/run and rare items.:)

Back