Info: Bringing 2gether the Social Platform!

sdragonfire

Alpha
Ok so recently I'v been trying out many diff online games just to see whats out there and what has drawn crowds and whatnot and I have come accross an idea thats so simple for the devs to impliment, but the impact this feature if added would be massive!
So heres it is,, what we need is 2-player actions like the following:
-Shake Hands
-Hug
-Kiss
-Deepkiss
-Slowdance

2 player actions would give a new level of emmersion to the EU platform, and would broaden the social aspect of the game. For example,, lets say you have a game GF, and you guys fight your way through an area of mobs,, her energy is getting low so you heal her, she is greatfull and gives you a kiss ;).
I cant name them here but there are many socail games out there that are popular due to this social aspect, and tied in with an RCE platform like EU would just explode our population and widen our target audience.
What do you think?

We got the kiss emote already as female.

I love to see a hug or handshake emote. Dunno how it works with two avatars ,animations etc .

I love to see a hug or handshake emote. Dunno how it works with two avatars ,animations etc .

I think handshakes would be tricky since we can customize our avatars height, arms length and so on

but yes more emotions would make the game more sociable

Right this is true, but 2player actions unlike emotes would be the 2 avatars interacting, instead of one avas stand alone action. There could be 2-player action settings also where we could deny all 2player actions, accept only from friends, accept all, or ask yes or no to an action. I think theres just no comparison to blowing a kiss in thair air, to actually leaning in and kissing the other ava. There are already SOOO many couples that play this game together, and something like this could not only make the current ones happy, but bring new ones,, and singles like in the words of Sara King "maybe you'll even find love":)

interesting idea... BUT... there's already tons of emotes in game, and they rarely get used. I do have one of the f keys tied to a screen with almost all of the emote icons and dance icons set up, but rarely use it.

an ok susbtitute for handshake is the "all right" emote that you usually hear after a trade. You can set it up as an icon to click on, or even quick key it. Shows enthusiasm, etc. Several other emotes like that are already there.

I do agree, it's an interesting area they could explore more with various new ones, and/or set up one of the f keys with as default with all of em since there's so many blasted ones that you have to drag from library. ... but uh, maybe the taming icons should take precedence? ;)

I am all for making EU a more immersive place!! :yay: I think that such features would add to the virtual universe model and experience!! :woot:

This and many other ideas posted here by people have proved that there is a great need for more immersion to EU. :beerchug:
Now to add this features ... just after we bring back the missing ones!! :ahh:

*must.... resist... dirty..... reply....*

Right this is true, but 2player actions unlike emotes would be the 2 avatars interacting, instead of one avas stand alone action. There could be 2-player action settings also where we could deny all 2player actions, accept only from friends, accept all, or ask yes or no to an action. I think theres just no comparison to blowing a kiss in thair air, to actually leaning in and kissing the other ava. There are already SOOO many couples that play this game together, and something like this could not only make the current ones happy, but bring new ones,, and singles like in the words of Sara King "maybe you'll even find love":)

I think that CryEngine isn't capable of doing this. Remember when Marco and his gang announced that it was tricky to get all the VU 9.x functionality done in CryEngine since it wasn't designed to do all this. CryEngine mainly had the stuff required to make an FPS.

No idea if the Crytek folks have added this or have plans to do it.

Either way I'd say this definitely would be a nice-to-have, but is not a high priority.

If we can't sit or lay down, I don't think we'll be seeing kissing or handshaking anytime soon.

Would be a nice addition if they did add it.

I always thought that the end of the trade acceptance routine in pre-10 should have included a handshake. While the "Awwwright, yeah!" in Bob Dillon voice was OK, it didn't really convey a successful trade to me as a handshake would.

Are we talking first person view or third person view here?

Back