Come on drop the ridiculous markups

And the real winner was ofc MA/FPC because of the costs associated with auction fees every time the item was relisted...:rolleyes:

auction fee goes to lootpool, Marco stated that a few times afaicr

Posted via Mobile Device

auction fee goes to lootpool, Marco stated that a few times afaicr

Posted via Mobile Device

Did he say that directly?

Does anyone have the quote?

And the real winner was ofc MA/FPC because of the costs associated with auction fees every time the item was relisted...:rolleyes:

Then please explain this. How are they winners from this? As I see it we all are winners from this not MA/FPC.
No, MindArks revenue stream is from decay. So it is not an urban legend. All other areas (auction fee, ammo, etc) is cycled back into the economy.

Then please explain this. How are they winners from this? As I see it we all are winners from this not MA/FPC.

Originally Posted by Marco|FPC
No, MindArks revenue stream is from decay. So it is not an urban legend. All other areas (auction fee, ammo, etc) is cycled back into the economy.

Thanks charlie for digging up the quote. :D

Wow so this should change peoples perceptions on how things work...

But it wont. People love to be lied to. i can prove it, :D

This thead is a game changer.

I just listed mod fap in auction for 10k and MM for 6k.

What were we thinking!

i guess we jumped the shark.

It doesn't matter that these high end items don't drop anymore. As your skills go up and you can use the better L weapons, you will see that you can have consistent hits of 150+ and crits of 250+ . I am simlpy using a Geotrek Serpentis, Maxed 10/10 with E-Amp 15 at tier 3 and it is a beast!!!

If I was ever lucky enough to win a MM or Mod FAP in loot, I too would sell it for 200+KPed. As the others say, just enjoy the game. Like in real life some people have Porsches and Private Jets. If you can afford to buy a MM or Mod FAP then that is your right.
By the way, A EK-2500 Deluxe heals at 100HP is pretty cheap, decay is expensive, BUT when taking a big mob solo, it helps you get through. I use it when the occasional big hit while hunting.

The moral of the story is you can still play effectively with low end unlimited and limited items. To tell you the truth it is your skills, HP and Evade/Dodge that will have the most impact on your survival.

Good luck and dont be sad! ;)

I love the idiots that state the law of supply and demand without actually applying it properly.

Have you noted how it is the law of supply AND Demand. Not just the law of demand. Granted that there is less damand nowdays than there was when the mod fap fetched 400k. But, If there are only ~20 mod faps in existance, an only 2 are for sale, and the sellers will only supply them at 400k.

Then guess what the price of a mod fap is?

If you have to make a thread compkaining about the price then you are probably never going to own one of these anyway, so I suggest you get over it.

Last edited:
Ok Im in moaning mode today, here goes, the markets are dead, trading is at an all time low, all you fools trying to sell those high end itemz for insanely stupid markups need to either decide that you want to keep them and hide them in storage or get real with your prices. Mod Faps are no longer worth tt+ 400k, Mod Mercs tt+ 200k, Imp Faps tt+ 200k, come on see the light those days are long gone, only rich pricks and idiots will buy anything at those prices now, Im tired of trawling thru sales threads looking for decent itemz at decent prices. I have no issue with paying a premium for something useful or the market rate determined by supply and demand but now these itemz on offer are pricing themselves outta the market. No wonder they are still on threads months in........ there got that off me chest I feel better. Feel free to flame I dont give a ratz ass ;)

well look like there are still a lot of fools around , dude:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

comon' get them while it's cheap :D

Last edited:
double post.. bah!

Last edited:
Don't worry about it, normalization of the market is evident right now.
Thousands of PED are falling off of all markups*. I've been noticing this for around 12 weeks now and the latest and most interesting indication for me is a sale that's currently being tendered by Joda.
Let's just hope that MA manage their platform properly so that one day there's enough new blood coming through to stabilize the prices for a little while.

*nb: all "got proof?!" posts directed at me will be met with a "lol" reply.

Last edited:
I love the idiots that state the law of supply and demand without actually applying it properly.

Have you noted how it is the law of supply AND Demand. Not just the law of demand. Granted that there is less damand nowdays than there was when the mod fap fetched 400k. But, If there are only ~20 mod faps in existance, an only 2 are for sale, and the sellers will only supply them at 400k.

Then guess what the price of a mod fap is?

If you have to make a thread compkaining about the price then you are probably never going to own one of these anyway, so I suggest you get over it.

Indeed!

The law of supply and demand is there but most haven't heard of the

Price stickiness!:laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_stickiness

As high-end virtual items in EU are limited in supply and controlled by a few players only, their market can be regarded as an oligopoly or monopolistic competition.

"Prices in an oligopoly can often be considered sticky-upward."

It thus can result in a kinked demand curve:
Hall_and_Hitch_diagram.png

Basically, in a situation of imperfect competition like this, the seller can dictate the price on his/her own, with buyer having a lesser influence.

Read more about oligopoly on Wiki.

Last edited:
The Oligopoly on those items is more perception that anything though, especially with some of the L alternatives currently available.
All humans have an inherent panic button however and eventually when the 5 people in the game who regularly trade the highest gear amongst themselves realise that their 5, became 4, became 3... they'll panic and drop MU in a bid to jump ship, because while they have all the markup items, they also have the most to lose if things go pear-shaped.

Don't worry about it, normalization of the market is evident right now.
Thousands of PED are falling off of all markups*. I've been noticing this for around 12 weeks now and the latest and most interesting indication for me is a sale that's currently being tendered by Joda.
Let's just hope that MA manage their platform properly so that one day there's enough new blood coming through to stabilize the prices for a little while.

*nb: all "got proof?!" posts directed at me will be met with a "lol" reply.

Then why even post?

I will counter you and say: A massive increase in markup on most items is evident. I have noticed this a while now and there is nothing you can say to make me think different.
P.S. all "want proof" posts can be redirected to ava: i dont give a &%/#¤"%& :rolleyes:

Then why even post?

I will counter you and say: A massive increase in markup on most items is evident. I have noticed this a while now and there is nothing you can say to make me think different.
P.S. all "want proof" posts can be redirected to ava: i dont give a &%/#¤"%& :rolleyes:

lol
:thumbup:;):thumbup:

Last edited:
Not if you use one of the tiering services, like the one Art of War provides. You pay them to tier it and if they lose the item, they give you the ped value of the item back.

USED to provide. The service has been stopped indefinetly, due to us not having the time to provide a service of the quality we want.

Hmm.. I have several things to say about this thread.

First of all I would like to ask the OP, are you an attention whore?

1. We all know prices are determined by supply and demand.

Demand - Being how much someone or how many people are willing to buy at x price.
Supply - Being the drop rates, or number of people crafting said item.

2. How much did people pay to obtain those items, not worth what they paid for? Are they still x amount of efficiency over other items?

No matter how much we debate this topic, it has been mauled over before, I am pretty sure this is the 100th post on this topic. I am also sure that where things are they will remain, slowly change or abruptly change depending strictly on what MA does, changes. etc.

Anyways.. I hope your thread beat the boredom monkey from off your back...

cheers

- virus -

actually his thread makes alot of sense , just wait and see.

first ul cb26 that dropped was sold for 150k ped (150.000 peds)

now they dont even sell at 40k ped, and its still the same gun.

cheers

ermik

I still dont understand how these items are worth so much.... I could never pay so much for 1 item....

To me... its like a burger.... McDonalds is a pretty shitty burger IMO, but its super cheap and it gets the job done.... or I can go to a pub/restaurant and good a burger that will taste much better... but like McDonalds its purpose is to fill me up....

For every MEGA UBER item... there is something that can still do its job... maybe not as effectively... but then your not paying for the premium to have it done like that...

I dont hunt so maybe Im just not connected with hunting items so much... and mind you itd be cool to have a UL item.... in the end.... its not worth it IMO to buy it... unless you play so much the savings on decay from a UL item purchase can over time come to match MU paid.

I still dont understand how these items are worth so much.... I could never pay so much for 1 item....

To me... its like a burger.... McDonalds is a pretty shitty burger IMO, but its super cheap and it gets the job done.... or I can go to a pub/restaurant and good a burger that will taste much better... but like McDonalds its purpose is to fill me up....

For every MEGA UBER item... there is something that can still do its job... maybe not as effectively... but then your not paying for the premium to have it done like that...

I dont hunt so maybe Im just not connected with hunting items so much... and mind you itd be cool to have a UL item.... in the end.... its not worth it IMO to buy it... unless you play so much the savings on decay from a UL item purchase can over time come to match MU paid.

It's like, you buy a bigmac (L) for $5. No problem, you eat it and later in the day you're hungry again, so you buy another one for $5.
Suddenly, McD's has a special offer, 5x Super BigMac UL for sale. One sniff and you're never hungry again, don't even need to bite it! It's $10k.
Which would you buy?
Word spreads about this burger and people start contacting you from countries like Ethiopia in hopes of feeding 100's of thousands from the one burger. Outrageous offers mount up, $20k, $50k, $100k!

Next day, after purchasing your McD's $10k never-be-hungry-again burger, confident you can resell it for $10k as you've not eaten any of it and it still functions the same as when you initially bought it... but WAIT... McD's is now selling Super Fries UL for $8k that do essentially the exact the same thing, just in a different package.

Is your $10k burger still gonna resell for $10k? Well that depends... some people will like the smell of the burger over the fries, but given that McD's has released cheaper products that do basically the same thing, who's to say they won't do it again!?

Markets are speculative.
By definition, speculation is not a science and therefore prices will always be a bit of guess work (see; fluctuation). Inherent in this fluctuating environment, will always be extremes.
My opinion is that we've just seen the end of one extreme.

[edit]Wow, what a ramble lol... I'm bored.

Last edited:
The Oligopoly on those items is more perception that anything though, especially with some of the L alternatives currently available.
All humans have an inherent panic button however and eventually when the 5 people in the game who regularly trade the highest gear amongst themselves realise that their 5, became 4, became 3... they'll panic and drop MU in a bid to jump ship, because while they have all the markup items, they also have the most to lose if things go pear-shaped.
True, I would be really worried holding any ultrahigh markup item considering the way EU is heading.

I don't understand whyh the owners of these items are getting defensive.

I paid £50k over the asking price for my house simplyh because my wife loved it and wanted it. I know I paid over the odds and If we ever sell it, I will have to put it on the market for less than I paid - Fact

But that doesn't bother me, because I'm enjoying living in the house. Surely that is the point for the MM and Mod fap owners? Unless you bought it with the plan to sell for a profit ?

Why be be defensive in a sarcastic manner ?

Uhm, Khm.
Does anyone forcing you at a gun point to buy these overly priced things?:rolleyes:

But that doesn't bother me, because I'm enjoying living in the house. Surely that is the point for the MM and Mod fap owners? Unless you bought it with the plan to sell for a profit ?

Question;
Do people buy ModFAP/MM for any reason, OTHER than monetary gain?
You might think it's a stupid question, but I honestly have never heard of anyone buying MM/ModFAP just for "fun".

Question;
Does anyone buy ModFAP/MM for any reason, OTHER than money?
You might think it's a stupid question, but I honestly have never heard of anyone buying MM/ModFAP just for "fun".

Yeah, did you ever hear some 1 buying mercedes AMG for racing? Or Bently for that metter.
Social status and self satisfaction.

Yeah, did you ever hear some 1 buying mercedes AMG for racing? Or Bently for that metter.
Social status and self satisfaction.

Aaah ok, didn't realise that.
So... who bought those items for social status and self satisfaction rather than monetary gain, if you don't mind me asking?
Given your analogy, I take it this person uses their MM for the equivalent of grocery shopping in an AMG Merc - hunting Daikiba, Merps, Drones etc...

The thing everyone keeps talking about is L and how u can do the same using other tools... But no one likes to admit that the costs are massive compared to the expensive items lol. As for the r150, it only sold so cheap cause (jor i think it was) was rushed in selling his r150 and listed it always within days of another ur150 being sold or looted. You can thank MA for that crash cause they looted pretty much all missing r150s in a span of 2-3 months, and jor for being impatient. I for one prefer saving a hundred ped or so per hunt tyvm, i've made bk almost all the m/u on my own gun already, so i'll let u speculators who don't own any of said items keep speculating how useless they are lol. Meanwhile pls do continue to pump into L, it helps my own pockets when i sell u some i loot and will make sure u remain at the bottom feeding us "stupid" ppl with big gear :)

I'll slowly keep going above the m/u said item is worth and still own said item, while u can keep pumping ped into the air and having nothing to show for it at the end :) You would be shocked how easy it is to save even 30k the item was worth b4 jor crashed its price, especially since it saves me over a hundred ped a day.

The thing everyone keeps talking about is L and how u can do the same using other tools... But no one likes to admit that the costs are massive compared to the expensive items lol. As for the r150, it only sold so cheap cause (jor i think it was) was rushed in selling his r150 and listed it always within days of another ur150 being sold or looted. You can thank MA for that crash cause they looted pretty much all missing r150s in a span of 2-3 months, and jor for being impatient. I for one prefer saving a hundred ped or so per hunt tyvm, i've made bk all the m/u on my own gun already, so i'll let u speculators who don't own any of said items keep speculating how useless they are lol. Meanwhile pls do continue to pump into L, it helps my own pockets when i sell u some i loot and will make sure u remain at the bottom feeding us "stupid" ppl with big gear :)

I'll slowly keep going above the m/u said item is worth and still own said item, while u can keep pumping ped into the air and having nothing to show for it at the end :)

Did someone say you're stupid for buying UL? :scratch2:
I for one, don't think you're stupid, particularly if it worked out for you! :)

The problem with a discussion like this, is that we're all talking from our own perspective and the majority find it incredibly hard to take a third perspective view of the situation.

I'm not really so offended as i am mystified by how ppl who never actually did the math properly can make such wild claims. As if people buy these tools to just be able to kill bigger things. That is not the reason for the insane costs, and it's also why most of the bigger ppl who own said items don't even bother with such drivel. When u can start playing non depo at the lvls ppl like me do using L gear, then tell me it isn't worth it lol.

My point is all point out what u can do, not the costs associated to do that extra activity once, be it just 50-100 ped m/u on an apis even. Or ignoring the incredible savigns even an adj fap can give, nvm an imp fap.... If i had such tools as those ppl i could make a killing, but even at the lower lvls of gear i'm raking in the dough, so i find it hard to read about ppl who are speculating about things they don't necessarily understand. which is obvious in the logic i hear like certain fap can heal as much as an imp fap... Sure it can, but how much per click, maybe 5-10x? That little tidbit is ignored ofc as it doesn't suit the discussion. People are designed to think short term, it's wired into our dna and we don't tend to see the future as close and immanent as it really is, so we dismiss the 100 ped here and there... Well, that's how i survive in here, it's that little hundred here and there.

Ps profit, take a look at the title... The word ridiculous means deserving of ridicule, so maybe i wasn't far off by feeling like i was called stupid perhaps? ;) Or do i need to define ridicule too...

Last edited:
Hard or unwilling.
IT's hard to imagine that someone who's paying thousands of USD for a gun pays it with a thought that s(he)'s going to save 10-100$/day.

Hard or unwilling.
IT's hard to imagine that someone who's paying thousands of USD for a gun pays it with a thought that s(he)'s going to save 10-100$/day.

thats exactly what I think, and exactly what I expect, no more, no less.

Back