Do you have hopes to Withdraw from game?

Do you have hopes to Withdraw from game?

• Yes

Votes: 141 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 25.8%

• Total voters
Yes vote , didn't join entropia universe for any other reason or else I would be playing hello kitty online :p

I like the fact that they have used the stats of one of the most commonly used armors in game I love gremlin and use it all the time. Only reason I am not buying vice is cause I already have and use gremlin....
I found in the early stages of the game you use gremlin then once you get alot of hp and evade/dodge you find your way back to gremlin again....

In saying that non sellable/tradeable I agree with the other comments items with no currency value...... We are still playing in a RCE right?

The comment he made about the forum only being a few people I highly doubt there was a survey done with more people then the forum has. The reason we are not for it is cause the forum has educated us..... This place is full of useful information and our opinions should matter....

RCE means everything should have value!

My 2c Inno

The Ark team might consider the poll and hence the question itself biased as they already consider us forum users as more economically motivated then the rest of EU :D

On another note, it is true that most of those i meet in game who dont really care about profiting from EU and are here for the fun of it usually stay away from the forums. The reasons are plenty but thats topic for another thread so I will leave it at that.

All said and done though, I see a lot of people going for the vic armor. I have not because i feel it lays course for a dangerous precedent and i would never support what Arkadia is doing with this.

Lastly, I only joined EU and play EU for the rce bit of it and without it, there are way more interesting and enjoyable games out there. Also i do hope Arkadia doesnt feel the same about the investors who have invested in Arkadian LA's or are planning to :laugh:

The A-team is also looking into making the armor TT-able, though currently it's not possible because (if I understand it) they can't set an item to be TT-able and still keep it non-tradeable. The armor's meant as a status symbol, showing that this player completed a mission, so simply making it tradeable would defeat the purpose.

Neil, you need to re-read the post here. Not only has he not made the item non-TTable, he has put most players down with that comment.

I do agree, by the way, with the tendence of the OP: the setup where you get less value in tt than the money you pay for it is undermining one of the core principles of EU. I understand the PP need to make some cash somehow, but this... I pray it won't reach Calypso.

"Our research showed that unlike the vocal opposition on the forums, there are many many players who are not so concerned about withdrawing their peds in the future and are happy to complete a mission to obtain the Armour. We see only a small percentage of the active player-base using the forums and in general all the data shows the forum users tend to have a greater focus on the economics of the game. That is ok and it is indeed a huge part of the game, however it is not representative of the entire population and way too many people assume they are speaking on behalf of the entire community.

-- David CEO of Arkadia"

This statement and following implementation is totally WORST thing happened in EU recently. I lost respect towards Ozi for such development.
Their 'research' do not cover much (if any) of people I know. Ask your friends if they ever was taking part in such research. I would risk stating that this 'research' never took place and it is just excuse to cover their shady development practice.... Didn't they get some sponsorship from this company (headsets to win)? Why 'stealing' player's money at the same time?

I will never get such items (well I might get mod fap if it cost 1000 ped and have 400 ped tt and is non-tradeable, but that's about it). I hope that there will be no more similar attempts to destroy EU! Shame Ark developers....

I don't have any hopes for withdrawing, if i want to withdraw i'll press the withdraw button, can't be too hard to find?

The armor isn't for everyone, but as far as i see it the Ark team (and all other planets) have done way worse things in the past.

Main thing is: if you don't like it, don't do it.

I have hopes that my first withdrawal ever arrives this month! :D

Even so it will be less than what I have depoed over the years. After getting commando and lower my play style I don't see any reason to keep so much ped ingame, plus I need a new computer soon! :)

PS: About the new arkadia armor, it looks great and have nice stats but soul bound items no thank you! Even if I don't plan to sell my actual gremlin I like to think that if I want I can sell it one day.

Last edited:
It's a dangerous thing for the economy of EU what they are doing there. I trully hope we won't see more of these items. So despite the fact that the armor looks awesome, I won't be buying it no matter what. Don't want to support this kind of idea one bit. Not because I want to make withdraws, get rich, bla bla but because the very core idea of a RCE game is that everything has value, this has no value. Unique as it may be, it's wrong and isn't RCE.

Also, I wouldn't say "don't like it, don't buy it" because by buying it, we are showing them that this is something we can support which will in return result with more items like this one.

Btw, can I have an Ancient Mod Merc for 2k? Hell, make it 5k! Please make it nontradable, I won't mind one bit!

It's a dangerous thing for the economy of EU what they are doing there. I trully hope we won't see more of these items. So despite the fact that the armor looks awesome, I won't be buying it no matter what. Don't want to support this kind of idea one bit. Not because I want to make withdraws, get rich, bla bla but because the very core idea of a RCE game is that everything has value, this has no value. Unique as it may be, it's wrong and isn't RCE.

Also, I wouldn't say "don't like it, don't buy it" because by buying it, we are showing them that this is something we can support which will in return result with more items like this one.

Btw, can I have an Ancient Mod Merc for 2k? Hell, make it 5k! Please make it nontradable, I won't mind one bit!

What if the TT from the Armor, that we used to buy it went into the lootpool?

Bad for the economy ?

Certain items, soul bound to an avatar are good.

If they make sure they do not add anything that will reduce the price of other items out there.

However I would not mind High end pvp armor/weapons to be from TT, which these then can't be tiered.

Just opens it up a bit more.

No

I have a career an work for a living...so I have no desire to withdrawal ..

If I got a big ass HOF or consistently made profit...
I would hunt more, craft more, and mine more...Not to mention I would have some kick ass gear

What if the TT from the Armor, that we used to buy it went into the lootpool?

Bad for the economy ?

Certain items, soul bound to an avatar are good.

If they make sure they do not add anything that will reduce the price of other items out there.

However I would not mind High end pvp armor/weapons to be from TT, which these then can't be tiered.

Just opens it up a bit more.

I disagree. In principle it is against everything that an RCE is about. This actually moves EU in a direction that makes it more like Perfect World, Allods, or a myriad of other item mall based games. Put money in. Get nothing back.

While having a unique signature item is great from a character point of view, this will encourage sales of accounts on Ebay or through other means. It will do nothing for the overall active playerbase.

Justifying this item with theories like the decay goes to loot pool is semantic, nothing more. All decay goes to the loot pool, in some form or another. All deposits that are put in game to purchase tradeable items go toward decay as well. That includes markup paid for any item. After all, the money has now entered the system and can be used by the system.

The markup for this suit is a one time thing every player may do, but many will not. The markup for gremlin is something players may opt in to pay again and again as they acquire an item, fence it to pay for some other costs, then when the item is needed again pay to re-acquire it.

This is all bad, though it is very typical of item mall game mentality. SPEND MONEY NOW. GET RARE ITEM.

Sadly this approach pays well. We will, I expect, see more of this type of garbage.

The long term effect of a planet partner basically stealing stats from an established set and creating more of that set will ultimately result in less income overall to EU, as now people will have a ceiling on what they would potentially pay for Gremlin. So in essence Arkadia has fixed the price of gear on Calypso, limiting its potential income.

I would strongly argue that this precedent not be repeated, and that Viceroy armor be significantly different from Skull Candy Viceroy.

Hmm hard one to answer.

On one hand if I ever decide to quit it would be nice to take some of what I put in out. On the other I don't think I ever will quit, I would rather not play for a few months if I get too bored with it all.

I love each one of my toys to much to part with them and I had a look the other day on what it would cost in esi for my to chip out everything :eyecrazy: ... and then to have to start over if I startup again :(

So I think my answer is yes ... I would like to be able to withdraw but no ... I don't think I ever will

FYI I haven't gone for this armor as I don't need it as a vanity item and I also don't need it as hunting gear.

"Our research showed that unlike the vocal opposition on the forums, there are many many players who are not so concerned about withdrawing their peds in the future and are happy to complete a mission to obtain the Armour. We see only a small percentage of the active player-base using the forums and in general all the data shows the forum users tend to have a greater focus on the economics of the game. That is ok and it is indeed a huge part of the game, however it is not representative of the entire population and way too many people assume they are speaking on behalf of the entire community.

Well, statistics/data can be read any way you want to. There are countless unknown variables in this statement.

But outside of that, yes I'd probably take the non tradable offer if the items' really interesting. And no, I'm probably never withdrawing.

Only if/when I ATH.
Otherwise I have no delusions of making a withdrawal.

ps: this is a terrible development by Ark team.

Last edited:
bone samples?

How is this any different then spending $$ on the missions, bone samples or skilling to get agility, which you can't ever get back. $$ wise of course unless you sell your avatar (who does that anyway, not most).

Someday I may quit and then I would love to have the chance to withdraw. I spent a lot more money on games like EQ and WoW where at the end my uber characters with all their gear just went poof since it was all untradable and I couldn't cash out anything (ok i sold gold at the end but big deal). Untradable, nodrop, whatever they want to call it is a pox on a MMO.

Someday yes but not likely anytime soon for me....

As for the armor, solution is simple if you don't want to spend 700 ped on the armor DON'T. If people do let them.... I did, I like the armor and really could care less if I left if I got that ped back, if you care that much about 600-700 ped don't go for that armor, plain and simple....

They are not trying to force you into buying it they warn you, on forum, in the mission text, and about everyone lets everyone know it can't be traded or sold, so why are so many people complaining about having to pay 600-700 ped to get it, you are free not to do the missions, just like any other mission in the game.

Someday yes but not likely anytime soon for me....

As for the armor, solution is simple if you don't want to spend 700 ped on the armor DON'T. If people do let them.... I did, I like the armor and really could care less if I left if I got that ped back, if you care that much about 600-700 ped don't go for that armor, plain and simple....

They are not trying to force you into buying it they warn you, on forum, in the mission text, and about everyone lets everyone know it can't be traded or sold, so why are so many people complaining about having to pay 600-700 ped to get it, you are free not to do the missions, just like any other mission in the game.

There is a bigger picture there mate. Look at it.

There is a bigger picture there mate. Look at it.

Nah I did and have and people are just being finiky, you have a choice and people don't see that. You can go buy Gremlin if you want you don't have to do the mission.

Untradable items will be very very rare. Probably like 1 per planet for 5 years.

If you mean 1 item per planet then clearly this is already incorrect because we have considerably more of these items than planets.

If you meant to say 1 item per person then that could be possible.

Problem with this type of item is it will kill the markup on comparable items that we have. Think about it if we can get a set of supremacy, chronicle, angel, shadow etc via this method why bother buying one with markup?

This statement and following implementation is totally WORST thing happened in EU recently. I lost respect towards Ozi for such development.
Their 'research' do not cover much (if any) of people I know. Ask your friends if they ever was taking part in such research. I would risk stating that this 'research' never took place and it is just excuse to cover their shady development practice.... Didn't they get some sponsorship from this company (headsets to win)? Why 'stealing' player's money at the same time?

I will never get such items (well I might get mod fap if it cost 1000 ped and have 400 ped tt and is non-tradeable, but that's about it). I hope that there will be no more similar attempts to destroy EU! Shame Ark developers....

David Dobson (Ozi) is much like a politician usually he'll say what you want to hear and so is quite popular for that reason. The trick is knowing when these type of people are bullshitting (telling lies) and when they are being somewhat close to the truth.

On this occasion I don't think he has done the kind of research you are thinking of but other type of research which could indicate to them what he was saying. So on this occasion I suspect what he said is likely to be true.

There is a very good reason for a PP to go down this route because any item bought using this method will permanently lock in peds. Which they can spend straight away. With normal methods they may have to keep some of those peds to one side just in case someone TT's items.

This is also why Arkadia has higher TT values of generally all items. So you lock in more peds. With some systems like colouring and texturing which Ark have been abusing it's quite a profit for them because TT values of things like skins are usually higher and once consumed for colouring/texturing that's instant peds/profit for them. Hence the higher the tt value the higher the profit for them.

On a side-note:

Just saw the armor ingame, and it´s not as beautiful and cool as shown in the pictures,
kinda disappointed, and I even activated super-high graphics to check again.
(Have no idea why but it´s just not as appealing)

:)

What the hell have you guys been smoking? :eyecrazy:

PEDs as useless as Linden Dollars because of this ONE mission that NOONE forces you to complete or even spend 1 ped on?

Game took a nosedive? :D

Guys, get your noses out of your arses and start thinking outside the box. The mission clearly states that it is non trade-able

One mission like this, people go crazy..

I rather have the opportunity to do this mission (and I did already) than NOT have a mission like it. What's the big deal unless every piece of item becomes this way?

Then you have a useless, nosediving game

I rather have a lot of different things to do in game, instead of the same bullshit for the last 10 years... shooting the same mob, oh and hey a new mission, go out and kill another 16600 mobs of this kind... yeah fuck me sideways, give me something new instead :)

On this occasion I don't think he has done the kind of research you are thinking of but other type of research which could indicate to them what he was saying. So on this occasion I suspect what he said is likely to be true.

it all depends on who you ask. MS justified W8 and Xbox One DRM due to their research.

But how much do people spend to get one untradeable attribute point?

Big Pic

Nah I did and have and people are just being finiky, you have a choice and people don't see that. You can go buy Gremlin if you want you don't have to do the mission.

I think the bigger picture refers to the game mechanics such as; crafting, IG item trades and item MU value.

I find it particularly cheeky that they would sell it for a MU - I have to assume they have a mechanism to strip the MU straight out from such item sales...worrying.

I don't s'pose the Ark armour crafters are disappointed....cos there isn't any.

IMO I think people are just pissed they can't buy for 150% then go and scam people at 300% on another planet. CMON this doesn't hurt the game at all. The Sales are split between MA and PP, PP uses the ped as revenue to develop more cool stuff.

This does not hurt armor sales for armor crafters on Arkadia as there is no armor like it to compare it to on Arkadia the closest there is Gremlin which is armor from Calypso. Gremlin is not crafted it is looted.

I just absolutely fail to understand all your arguements. It was put in the game in a way so it never impacted the game on the player level or business level much either way, but it did give a player something to think about... Do I do it?

Its nice to have such hopes because like some mentioned, the game is distinct for the RCE It providers the players, and the choice to deposit or withdraw funds

What kind of 'other research' you are thinking of?
If they simply assumed that there will be ones that do not care and will buy cool looking armor with that conditions, yes there will always be this kind of people.

But how the hell they can condemn Forum users as non-representative of user base?
Heck, forum users are the ones who care enough to register and express our concerns. Nice to hear that this is non relevant for developers...

[...]We see only a small percentage of the active player-base using the forums and in general all the data shows the forum users tend to have a greater focus on the economics of the game. That is ok and it is indeed a huge part of the game, however it is not representative of the entire population and way too many people assume they are speaking on behalf of the entire community

-- David CEO of Arkadia

Guys, get your noses out of your arses and start thinking outside the box. The mission clearly states that it is non trade-able

One mission like this, people go crazy..

Problem is not that one mission like that exists. Problem is that this give precedence and opens Pandora's Box, releasing potential of more and more such 'missions'.
At the extreme end what will stop MA to change all our existing items to avatar bound non-tradeables? We have seen item changes in past right? So if 'research' will show that 'most' players do not care about withdrawing or eco playing, then it might be way to go, right?
(I really hope that it will not happen!!)

Back