Doesn't ANYONE play for FUN?!?

same here.

and I doubt that I could make same amount of money in an hour in EU as I do at RL work

RL work is alot more lucrative than making money in EU. So EU is definately for fun. Even the ubers who talk about working EU full time still earn a lot less than full time RL work, so RL for cash and depo for fun in EU :yay:

I think the message of trying to make a profit or not lose peds comes across loud on EF because the people playing that way work less in RL and hence have more time to say it on EF.

I know plenty of people in EU who accept that they pay for entertainment and also have enough common sense to realise that most people in EU need to lose or we won't have EU to play.

I "lose" alot more money if I go see a movie or go drinking at a pub or take my lovely wife out for dinner lol

Few pre drinks at the local bar on a Friday $30
Nice dinner in a restaurant the wife appreciates $70
Drinks out at a night club and entry fee $50
For depositing in EU and having fun there's MASTERCARD lol

Currently a full set of Ghost armour costs the same as 2 hours in a nightclub :p

As far as I am concerned EU is awesome value for my entertainment dollar

Yes, I pay to play for fun. I find that sometimes crunching the numbers can be a great way to fill time between deposits, and some days it just gives me a really big headache :lam: If numbers are your thing awesome..... but please pass on your findings to me too ;)

I see it this way, if you want to play most of the other MMORPG's, being in Australia you have to "buy" the game (even if it is only $2 some are even full price :eyecrazy: ) then you have to pay every month for the subscription to their servers (and from what I have heard they crash and lag as bad as or worse than MA's) to play. Now with MA and EU you don't pay for the download (except maybe in overlimit charges from your isp) you are not forced to pay a subscription fee every month so you can log in and chat to your friends if that is all you want to do. Now granted, yes, things are HEAPS more fun when you put in some money (I know I have spent an embarrassing amount lately) so that you can buy your ammo and go hunting, craft or what not............ I'm..... lost...... :scratch2: ........too much coffee .........i think :computer:

I think what I was going to drive at here is that every deposit is voluntary folks .....where as with other games it is not really an option, if you want to log in you have to maintain your subscription. And yet there are a number of times when you would swear that the way people talk on here it is like someone has a gun to their head making them deposit. I don't get it if you are really that unhappy with the system of this game...... why are you here? :scratch2:

Aside from that I think most people are having fun. That fun can be making ped via trading or sweating or blowing it on bigs mobs trying to loot great items or trying to stretch every ped as far as you can. Fun can mean many different things to many different people its as dynamic as "dynamic" is in EU.

agree, for example for me is fun to have success on real challenges

and to kill hogglo (youngs) with some medium stuff and medium skills and blow a lot money on that way is pretty easy---> not a real challenge here

to find a gear&hunting style&mob combo witch gains profit on medium mobs with medium- skills and gear iss much more of a challenge

i dont need to profit in a game, but profit is success and success is fun

but the success/profit thing is only a small part of the whole fun, much more important are other peoples and make friends ;)

I play for the money. And is fun. I don't make much, and I'm not trading, even if I could do it and probably would make so much more doing it.

I play for fun. I am not shy about paying for my entertainment.

And like a few have posted before, a night on the town is far more expensive than a depo to entropia. 40-50 USD will buy you enough ammo for a fairly long hunt.

Whereas a night out runs around 150-300 depending on what you do, where you go, what you drink, etc. (and now... factor in the cost of gas and almost everything turns into an "owch")

So for me its FUN FUN FUN, when I can depo that is :D. (self inflicted ped-poor :). Hoping to buy a house this year so everything needs to be saved. Although, if I chipped out, it would be a nice addition to my downpayment :p.)

way i see it you either having fun or making money and if blessed you doing both. if you doing neither, well, some assessment is required. :eureka:

I play for fun. But knowing it was a rce going in part of the challenge or point seemed to be play for profit. When I`ve deposited it has`nt been huge. I`ve alos never withdrawl so pretty much all my profit goes back into gear, more ammo, more bombs and probes. I suppose if I was lucky enough to hit a real big loot I would take out a portion. But it would have to be mesured in 10`s of K. But part of the challenge or the game I feel is to be able to profit and improve gear and skills. I`m also not one to crunch numbers though because I don`t find that fun. I do figure if I have came back positive or negative from runs but don`t take it much farther than that. I will check out other peoples info when they post and check and compare item stats in the wiki and such but don`t take it much farther. So if you don`t have much or any funds to deposit than the profiting is a huge part of the game. The challenge is fun to me and if I did`nt have any fun I would stop playing. On the same token if I had to put in more than I wanted to I would also stop. Everyone puts a different value on entertainment and has a different budget or comes from countries where it is very cost prohibitive. So by no surprise we`ll find all kinds in EU. But being an rce and needing funds to continue to play and progress we`ll always see a bigger focus on profit I think. Unless of course people leave things like sl to come here cause they like the makeup and chat better.

I play for fun and know if I got a 100k hof all I would do with it is buy better items in game :yay:

I play for fun, I play for the friendships and relationships in game, and I play to have a general release of tension from the day.

I do like to know how things work and all the number crunching people do. If I make money sometime in the future that is cool, mostly I just make sure I only spend what I can afford on my entertainment.

Its fun when you make money :)

but sure these days i hunt with L weapons in sala armor so profit aint my main goal

me too! me too! me too! :yay:

RL work is alot more lucrative than making money in EU. So EU is definately for fun. Even the ubers who talk about working EU full time still earn a lot less than full time RL work, so RL for cash and depo for fun in EU :yay:

I "lose" alot more money if I go see a movie or go drinking at a pub or take my lovely wife out for dinner lol

I couldn't agree more. I play EU for fun. I don't want EU to become my workplace.

To me it is all about the fun. As others have said, it's nice when you get decent loot, but that's not the end all, be all of the game. One thing that makes it fun, and keeps me interested, is trying out different aspects of the game. Today, I am a hunter; tomorrow I might be something else... who knows? As long as it's fun, and I can afford it, I will stick around.

I play for fun but am a number cruncher by profession and in fact enjoy it :eek: so for me some of the fun is calculating statistics related to EU and maximising weapon efficiencies/collecting loot data.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD :D.

I do play for fun. EU to me is entertainment and I enjoy paying for entertainment :), Entropia is worth every penny.

However, can it go too far and become work, instead of fun?

Doesn't ANYONE play for FUN?!?

Carefull analysis of the playerbase yielded the following metrics:

45.11% plays to have fun.
21.38% plays EU in the hope of it becoming their fulltime job
15.80% plays because they are curious but end up leaving after a week.
5.13% is in it for the pussy.
1.74% is in it to figure out the mos eco way to hunt.

The remaining 10.84% is dynamic.

Oh, and 87.21% of all statistical data is made up on the spot :wise:

i depo ... i burn ... i laugh ... i socialize ... i depo ... i work ... i work ... i EU

im here to let go of the strains of RL ... im here for fun ... i throw ped away on helping noobs .... i throw ped away hunting spiders ... yet i have fun.

i dont really care that every item ive bought lost value ... i enjoy the escape ... and will continue to do so

Selling - Fun implant TT +1000 ;)

t

I think its fun to make money, so that is what I do.

did I heared pussy ?
Where ?
Explain please, I dont understand why 5% is here for the pussy (I think I know why NotVF wrote this...but still:confused: )

I do :yay:
making money at work, depositing loads too Entropia, and blasting them of on weapon and armour which is all too big for me, but having loads of fun :D hehe :)

IMO everyone here in this post who are saying that they play this game only for fun are lying a lot. Because if they really want to play for fun then there are many other very entertaining games out there than EU. Just being honest.

Edit : Some players really have fun gambling/lose their hard earned money etc.....

IMO everyone here in this post who are saying that they play this game only for fun are lying a lot. Because if they really want to play for fun then there are many other very entertaining games out there than EU. Just being honest.

In fact, I came in EU to play not for fun, because I took the RCE concept for too serious (Treasure Island blah-blah-blah... CND blah-blah-blah... If they can, why can't I? Well, you know :silly2:). I tried <the other game where you can fly> and then this one, and decided to stay here (I'm a scifi nerd after all).

But when I realised (a couple of months later) that even if I'd profit that's absolutely not serious money for RL, I was already too hooked to leave ;). And another couple of months later I stopped to care even of loses, because I appreciated all the fun I got. And if I'll get a 300k ped ath tomorrow, I won't withdraw a cent of it but will spend it entirely to increase my fun in game. RL is for RL and EU is for EU.

Playing to satisfy my curiousity ...atm.
Once done, then i'll see. But as I'm very adicted gamer in general,
prolly i wouldn't mind to this become my work someday. Just a dream for now.
....with current concept it will probably stay a dream for good i guess.

I play for fun. Much more fun than watching television ;)

Edit : Some players really have fun gambling/lose their hard earned money etc.....

In this game, as opposed to others that might be fun, people with a lot of expendable income can have more fun (for them) because they can buy their way to the top and dominate due to their money.

Also, one can have fun and make a little extra money at the same time, and what may seem like a small amount of money to some, may mean more to people in some countries.

Then there are some that consider EU as "Second-Job". ;)

Fun

+rep crome.
Fun is one of the reasons why I came back to Entropia. Going on beacon runs, taking new ppl on TP runs, meeting ones from around the world. It would be nice if things were cheaper (PVP all auctions to rid the world of resellers for example lol). Too many imo have turned Entropia into another "job" in trying to make huge profits.

Ishkode

How can you think everyone who says they play for fun is lying?

Why do you play Entropia?
To make money? :confused:

Are you making any? :eyecrazy:

Yes, of course there are other online games you can play for fun...
You can spend (lose?) just as much in those as well, if you go on ebay, purchase ingame money, and buy expensive pixel equipment... :cool:

Back