EF Rules Discussion

Status
i agree but isnt this like sellin shares of what comes outta the cnd egg?

THIS made me chuckle! Thanks! ;)

sdragonfire said:
Think we all need to slow down just a bit n drink some tea while we wait for marco. I'm very excited for the future of EU tho, exciting things are ahead!

And THIS ... I totally agree with! I too am excited about the EU future, and agree that it's always been a wait and see scenario since MA/Marco are not too forthcoming with information, but the tea thing just appealed to me so much I went off to make some! ;)

Rules

If you're proposing lock the thread until the rules are changed, what difference does it make if it stays open until the change? It isn't like the forum is going to become flushed with Anarchists (any more than it already is :D ).

wow you dont get banned here to break rule #xxxxxx15?

lol

*il still thinks rule #15 is the most stupid one of them all

hmmmm

mercury "If you're proposing lock the thread until the rules are changed, what difference does it make if it stays open until the change? It isn't like the forum is going to become flushed with Anarchists (any more than it already is )"

The difference is we're telling ppl to trade ped outa system if we just "let it go". There will be a system in place for this endevour by ma inside the system. I cant believe for one minute marco is gonna have players giving ped to players with "certain" names to buy shares! atleast i hope not lol, a system will be in place via NPC. If this goes through and "whats in the egg" so to say isnt wat person expected then acounts could be banned and lotsa PED lost to scammers, as well as bank trust.

All the time our posts gets moderated with referral to the rules on EF.
Well if you click them now, I don't see any "special Anshe rules",
so most of the threads in that sub forum should be locked.

Also I would think threads in that sub forum breaks rule 20.
So another reason to lock it down.

If you are gonna have rules you can't run with different sets of rules depending on who the person is. That would be one stupid way of running the forum.

Maybe we should have a sub forum where we can discuss other games,
even if I don't want that, since this is a EU fan forum as 711 put it himself.

Until you clear up the rules, the threads in the Anshe sub forum should be locked due to breaking rule 15 and 20 IMO.

You seem to be completely ignoring the fact that the purpose of the ACS Sponsored forum is for discussion of the activities of ACS in ENTROPIAUNIVERSE. Mainly in regards to the new bank that ACS will be running. ACS is offering an exclusive IPO so that members of this forum have an opportunity to experiment with shared ownership of a business enterprise in EU. Notice I said in EU, not in SL. When first announced, due to technical concerns, it was necessary for those wishing to take part to create an account at one of ACS' properties in SL, which of course would also require a Second Life account.

HOWEVER, ACS very quickly had its programmers create an alternate registration method specially designed for EU Particpants, that does not require entering into or registering for Second Life at all:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68024

Anshe's purpose for being here has nothing to do with promoting Second Life. It has to do with building a relationship with the EU community, and offering groundbreaking new opportunities for taking part in the virtual economy of EU.

There are many, many threads on this forum wishing for a viable opportunity for shared ownership of large-scale virtual investments. Now one is being offered, and all some people seem to want to do is complain.

Both Mindbuster and I have taken a large amount of criticism in the past about Rule #15. Now we are merely considering revising the rule to accomodate new developments and opportunities in EU, and we take heat for that as well. :rolleyes:

It is impossible to please everyone, I realize that very well. Personally, I am not a big fan of Second Life myself, but I am also a realist. I deal with how things are not how I wish they would be. And right now, it appears that there is a convergence of some aspects of various virtual worlds. In order to remain relevant to all of EntropiaUniverse, this forum must adapt to those changes. This forum is, and shall remain, solely an EntropiaUniverse fansite.

Again, I highly doubt that ACS would be making these announcements without having at least some kind of initial approval from Mindark. However, I am still hoping to get some kind of definitive information from MA. Hopefully that will come soon. Until it does, I am not in a position to make a judgement on whether the services proposed by ACS are in violation of the EULA. Based on my first impression, I would guess that they are not.

My job is to try to make the decision that is in the best interest of the EF community, based on the information I have available. All discussions in the sponsored forum relate directly to ACS' activities in EU. This sponsored forum is not a promotion for Second Life.

I am as eager to get this issue sorted as any of you. Unfortunately, it is the weekend, and I probably will not get any definitive information from Mindark regarding this issue until Monday. I do not want to make any hasty decisions with regard to revising the forum rules, therefore I think it is prudent to wait until I have more information.

I apologize for any confusion this whole issue has caused. I will certainly update this thread with any information or administrative decisions as soon as possible.

You seem to be completely ignoring the fact that the purpose of the ACS Sponsored forum is for discussion of the activities of ACS in ENTROPIAUNIVERSE. Mainly in regards to the new bank that ACS will be running. ACS is offering an exclusive IPO so that members of this forum have an opportunity to experiment with shared ownership of a business enterprise in EU. Notice I said in EU, not in SL. When first announced, due to technical concerns, it was necessary for those wishing to take part to create an account at one of ACS' properties in SL, which of course would also require a Second Life account.

HOWEVER, ACS very quickly had its programmers create an alternate registration method specially designed for EU Particpants, that does not require entering into or registering for Second Life at all:

Anshe's purpose for being here has nothing to do with promoting Second Life. It has to do with building a relationship with the EU community, and offering groundbreaking new opportunities for taking part in the virtual economy of EU.

There are many, many threads on this forum wishing for a viable opportunity for shared ownership of large-scale virtual investments. Now one is being offered, and all some people seem to want to do is complain.

Both Mindbuster and I have taken a large amount of criticism in the past about Rule #15. Now we are merely considering revising the rule to accomodate new developments and opportunities in EU, and we take heat for that as well. :rolleyes:

It is impossible to please everyone, I realize that very well. Personally, I am not a big fan of Second Life myself, but I am also a realist. I deal with how things are not how I wish they would be. And right now, it appears that there is a convergence of some aspects of various virtual worlds. In order to remain relevant to all of EntropiaUniverse, this forum must adapt to those changes. This forum is, and shall remain, solely an EntropiaUniverse fansite.

Again, I highly doubt that ACS would be making these announcements without having at least some kind of initial approval from Mindark. However, I am still hoping to get some kind of definitive information from MA. Hopefully that will come soon. Until it does, I am not in a position to make a judgement on whether the services proposed by ACS are in violation of the EULA. Based on my first impression, I would guess that they are not.

My job is to try to make the decision that is in the best interest of the EF community, based on the information I have available. All discussions in the sponsored forum relate directly to ACS' activities in EU. This sponsored forum is not a promotion for Second Life.

I am as eager to get this issue sorted as any of you. Unfortunately, it is the weekend, and I probably will not get any definitive information from Mindark regarding this issue until Monday. I do not want to make any hasty decisions with regard to revising the forum rules, therefore I think it is prudent to wait until I have more information.

I apologize for any confusion this whole issue has caused. I will certainly update this thread with any information or administrative decisions as soon as possible.

Thank you for the response 711, it's much appreciated, and gives further explanation as to where you're at with all of this, in conjunction with what you have already stated in other threads. I've always been a fan of how you handle things at this forum, so I have faith that all of this will be sorted in a way that perhaps will settle everyone down. :)

The time element is respected as well, so thanks!

711 can you give me a ruff ballparck firgure for my own forum that allows me to break the rules when I want to?

if its ok for some it should be ok for all and I'd perfoanlly like to create a forum with comparisons to other mmorpgs and how EU does things better or worse, I feel this would have value for EU and the commity.

Well i 100% agree with Neo tolerating this as its his forum, altough i also disagree as rules are rules and here for a reason and should not be changed because of 1 investor...

Altough this forum has come to servea higher goal as its THE forum for EU.
And i pity it that Anshe came to EU but thats just me, so i would hope we dont stimulate her on this forum but thats just because i think she will hurt our game and our community.

I just hope i am wrong. and if not that others will see it.

Such a shame...

Well i 100% agree with Neo tolerating this as its his forum, altough i also disagree as rules are rules and here for a reason and should not be changed because of 1 investor...

Well rules are rules...but sometimes they need changing to reflect our changing environments.

711 has explained why he's not going to immediately change the rule. If the ACS venture is confirmed as valid by MA then there's no way round it, the rule will need changing - otherwise EF is just burying its head in the sand. The rule may need changing anyway, but the result of what MA have to say about it all will affect how the rule needs changing. And it'd be a bit of a pain to change the rule today, and then have to change it again on Monday when MA have spoken ;)

Anshe has also responded to the criticism and has amended the thread that caused most of this discussion, and pretty quickly at that.

OK, the ACS sub-forum rules Anshe has posted, whilst sensible imo, are currently somewhat at odds with the actual EF rules. That's going to annoy some people, and this issue would have been better sorted out before the ACS forum was opened. So OK, we're all human and make mistakes, and this isn't a life-or-death situation - let's wait for it to resolve itself. I think sooner or later the rule would have naturally been relaxed to something like the rules Anshe has set up in the subforum anyway. Hopefully Marco/Frank will post the MA position regarding the EULA and all of this soon, and then the rules can be fixed and the ACS forum and EF can converge to having the same rules...

If you're proposing lock the thread until the rules are changed, what difference does it make if it stays open until the change? It isn't like the forum is going to become flushed with Anarchists (any more than it already is :D ).

I would say because it's a slap in the face for all the people who have been moderated in the past for just mentioning SL or whatever in their posts.

And as long as the rules are not changed that thread is against the rules. I mean come on does it need any more explaining then that? :rolleyes:

Well rules are rules...but sometimes they need changing to reflect our changing environments.

change for the right reasons is fine but change for $ is fucking selling out. I'm seriously disapointed at this.

711 has explained why he's not going to immediately change the rule. If the ACS venture is confirmed as valid by MA then there's no way round it, the rule will need changing - otherwise EF is just burying its head in the sand. The rule may need changing anyway, but the result of what MA have to say about it all will affect how the rule needs changing. And it'd be a bit of a pain to change the rule today, and then have to change it again on Monday when MA have spoken ;)

I am not against rules change , neither i am against speak about SL ,Home , After world , roma victor(just to mane a few) RCE...
But i do think things have normal to go and to deal with.
711 whant wait MA statement before introducing any change , i agrea 100% on that... lets first chek with MA.
But , until then , until the rule get changed , why not lock those thread ?and ask to anshe to reformulate her post.
If any other forum member did create same things , the thread would get lock first , then discussion will maybe go with PM , and the thread open again after som big cleaning.
Here we lets anshe step on rules...

because right now , i feel like any rule might change one day , so i can pee on them right now , and just post what ever i feel...
Lets see if i make a post about me quiting , or about Auto cliker, why not som scamer name ... and you will keep the thread alive because maybe in future the rules will change...

This does not look fair or normal to me....

I dont ask perfection , i do understand anshe make error , i do understand the situation is a bit special , and time is needed to sort out the things , and maybe rewrite rule or what ever.
But , i do not understand , the curent rule are not aply to anshe like to all other forumer.

Lock thread , let her reformulate , wait MA statement , change rule if needed...

As we speak about changing rule... the next change , if there one , will have to alow all other RCE , and not only SL...

I dont ask perfection , i do understand anshe make error , i do understand the situation is a bit special , and time is needed to sort out the things , and maybe rewrite rule or what ever.
But , i do not understand , the curent rule are not aply to anshe like to all other forumer.

Lock thread , let her reformulate , wait MA statement , change rule if needed...

As we speak about changing rule... the next change , if there one , will have to alow all other RCE , and not only SL...

Totally agree Etopia.

This all smells of $$ long way as several has pointed out.

Rules are rules, until they are changed lock the threads.

Making different rules for different people thats a damn poor way of running things. +rep for you.

*running off to make a huge banner to promote my RL business*

I am somewhat confused is it now okay for me to promo for the other game I play ? I mean you cannot make a rule which is designed for 1 forum member alone right ??

Anyways I agree with ETO, delete/lock those threads ASAP, untill MA makes a statement regarding this.

I am not against rules change , neither i am against speak about SL ,Home , After world , roma victor(just to mane a few) RCE...
711 whant wait MA statement before introducing any change , i agrea 100% on that... lets first chek with MA.
But , until then , until the rule get changed , why not lock those thread ?and ask to anshe to reformulate her post.
If any other forum member did create same things , the thread would get lock first , then discussion will maybe go with PM , and the thread open again after som big cleaning.

because right now , i feel like any rule might change one day , so i can pee on them right now , and just post what ever i feel...
Lets see if i make a post about me quiting , or about Auto cliker, why not som scamer name ... and you will keep the thread alive because maybe in future the rules will change...

Etopia nailed it. :)

good post eto

Change does not always happen the way we anticipate. This is told to every noob and every new VU "whiner" who posts on this forum.

This IS a radical change, and as forum owner, 711 is managing this change as he sees fit for the good of the forum. He posted the initial thread, announcing the new sub-forum, and explaining how this may impact on EF. The references to Anshe's activities in other virtual realms simply CANNOT be avoided, and he has taken steps to deal with that, firstly by defining new guidelines specific to that sub-forum, and secondly by laying out his criteria and timeline for the implementation of the finalised changes.

I don't see how alienating Anshe by draconian imposition of obsolete rules can possibly aid this process.

711 should be able to run his forum how he wishes.

I would argue that EF is stronger if Rule #15 remains in effect for everyone in all parts of EF. Now that the ABE programmers have taken away the requirement of an account in the other game, there is no reason for Anshe, as I see it, to bring up or promote the other game on EF. She can do it on her site all she wants.

However,.....
**waits for Marco to clarify possible :wise: EULA discrepancy**

I'm not disagreeing with any of the responses following my posts, but I'll stand by what I've said in my previous posts on this thread.

I think in those posts I'm sharing the concerns you've voiced anyway. Things could have been done better, but whats done is done, by reacting too soon with a quick-fix the problem could just be compounded.

I think the change that seems likely to result from all this is probably for the best anyway. Its unfortunate that its been catalysed by the appearance of Anshe at the forum, I'm sure Anshe feels the same way - I'm sure she didn't want to cause any of this fuss! Like I said, it would have been better if these issues had been sorted out before the ACS forum had opened. But mistakes do get made, I don't think its really quite as sinister as being made out, its just a mistake and it'll get sorted out in time.

The ACS forum has its own mods, neither myself nor Skam have any mod rights in it.

I don't mean this as a criticism of Anshe (who I welcome wholeheartedly to EF) or 711 (who's done a great job running the forum, and has been busy today with other EU activities) or anyone else. Its a complicated situation. But there is undoubtably a thread on EF that's breaking the forum rules as they currently stand and is being allowed to run on. That makes it hard for the mods to do their jobs, it causes resentment from other posters and, well, it needs resolving soon...

Then why hasn't it been locked by you Mr. Mod?

edit: OK see now... didn't know they had their own mods.

711 can you give me a ruff ballparck firgure for my own forum that allows me to break the rules when I want to?

if its ok for some it should be ok for all and I'd perfoanlly like to create a forum with comparisons to other mmorpgs and how EU does things better or worse, I feel this would have value for EU and the commity.

Altough this forum has come to servea higher goal as its THE forum for EU.
And i pity it that Anshe came to EU but thats just me, so i would hope we dont stimulate her on this forum but thats just because i think she will hurt our game and our community.

I just hope i am wrong. and if not that others will see it.

Such a shame...

I would say because it's a slap in the face for all the people who have been moderated in the past for just mentioning SL or whatever in their posts.

And as long as the rules are not changed that thread is against the rules. I mean come on does it need any more explaining then that? :rolleyes:

It somes none of the content of these posts reflects the thoughts of someone who has read this post of mine:

This one especially is ridiculous:

change for the right reasons is fine but change for $ is fucking selling out. I'm seriously disapointed at this.

Do you think I care so much about a few hundred dollars? :confused:
I have invested literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in EU. Do you really think I would "sell out" and change the rules of this forum because of a modest sponsored forum fee?

Get real.

You clearly did not read this post, or chose to ignore it to stir up controversy:

And for the cynics who have suggested that I have considered such changes simply because ACS purchased a sponsored forum here on EF:

The fee for such sponsored forums is not very high. I would never consider such a significant change to the forum for something like that. Anyone who knows me IRL or has dealt with me in EU, knows that neither my principles nor my integrity are for sale, at any price.

What I am trying to do is keep EF (a community website), in step with changes and developments in EntropiaUniverse. If Mindark allows such cross-platform developments to happen, it would be irresponsible of me not to adjust the forum rules accordingly.

well for what its worth heres my view on this

i am often critical of teh rules here but this doesnt seem so big a deal to me. Anshe is here and obviously has links to her SL life. We all know that and it shouldnt be to hard to accept that she will link to sites with SL stuff and wanna disuss things... I dont see a problem with that, i know many will see it as 711 doing a rule flipflop but i think its just a necessary development

there is one but tho, i wouldnt wanna see ef being used to poach users to SL, so any posts advertising SL products or the game itself should be "out of bounds". Linking to linden labs site should be off limits as well.

But i am sure Anshe is smart enough to know all this and i doubt the purchase of a bank was to lure ppl nto SL... so i dont see a problem linking to her sites, i mean no-one kicked up a fuss when Neverdie linked to RealityPort

and ppl, dont blame anshe for buying a bank, it was MA's decision to implement banks and whether u agree with them or not, they are here so lets just do what we always do in these situations.... adapt :)

i am often critical of teh rules here but this doesnt seem so big a deal to me. Anshe is here and obviously has links to her SL life. We all know that and it shouldnt be to hard to accept that she will link to sites with SL stuff and wanna disuss things... I dont see a problem with that, i know many will see it as 711 doing a rule flipflop but i think its just a necessary development

Glad to see at least one member has read my posts, thank you :D

there is one but tho, i wouldnt wanna see ef being used to poach users to SL, so any posts advertising SL products or the game itself should be "out of bounds". Linking to linden labs site should be off limits as well.

There will be no promotions of Second Life or any other virtual universe on EF. EF Adspace ads will always be limited to promotion of events/activities in EU.

EntropiaForum is a fanforum for EntropiaUniverse. The purpose of the ACS Entropia sponsored forum is for ACS to discuss and promote its activities in EU, nowhere else. If you take a look at every thread in that forum, NONE of them promotes anything but EU.

Glad to see at least one member has read my posts, thank you :D

There will be no promotions of Second Life or any other virtual universe on EF. EF Adspace ads will always be limited to promotion of events/activities in EU.

EntropiaForum is a fanforum for EntropiaUniverse. The purpose of the ACS Entropia sponsored forum is for ACS to discuss and promote its activities in EU, nowhere else. If you take a look at every thread in that forum, NONE of them promotes anything but EU.

I will apologise in advance if this particular question has been asked before (the thread is too long and I am very tired after studying for my class) :
Will we be able to talk freelly about other games as well here, on EF, without really promoting them? (I mean besides EU and SL)

What's upsetting me in all this is not the fact that we get a rule change ( I welcome this by all means ) but that it required some loaded Investor from another game to come along and to overhaul an old rule which the community has been arguing about for ages.

Why does it require a person like ASC to make it possible to mention the name of other games on this forum? 95% of us are hardcore EU fans so what would be the danger of allowing us to talk about other games and make comparisons in some special forum....

That's what makes me sad about this... not the fact that things are changing.

Besides of that I don't think that MA is happy that someone like ASC comes along and tries to merge the virtual universes ... but that's another story.

However, it takes courage to change opinion, to admit it and to make changes so I'm encouraging Neomaven to keep it going and let the rules on this forum evolve...

What's upsetting me in all this is not the fact that we get a rule change ( I welcome this by all means ) but that it required some loaded Investor from another game to come along and to overhaul an old rule which the community has been arguing about for ages.

Why does it require a person like ASC to make it possible to mention the name of other games on this forum? 95% of us are hardcore EU fans so what would be the danger of allowing us to talk about other games and make comparisons in some special forum....

Besides of that I don't think that MA is happy that someone like ASC comes along and tries to merge the virtual universes ... but that's another story.

However, it takes courage to change opinion, to admit it and to make changes so I'm encouraging Neomaven to keep it going and let the rules on this forum evolve...

Forget what I ever said before. I agree with this :wise:

But i am sure Anshe is smart enough to know all this and i doubt the purchase of a bank was to lure ppl nto SL... so i dont see a problem linking to her sites, i mean no-one kicked up a fuss when Neverdie linked to RealityPort

and ppl, dont blame anshe for buying a bank, it was MA's decision to implement banks and whether u agree with them or not, they are here so lets just do what we always do in these situations.... adapt :)

I was going to post my opinion on this, but Lighterthief and AJack10600 took the words out of my mouth. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

Like I should have said it myself :D
This is also why comments like "$ talks" appears in the posts.

Since thats what it seems like when a change to the rules come in this
kind of way.

Great post +rep.

Konve said:

It somes none of the content of these posts reflects the thoughts of someone who has read this post of mine:

711 said:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=68024

You're wrong, because I did read it. And you're wrong, because you seem to think this is about getting heat for changing the rule. That's not the case. The case is that you seem to have changed the rule without changing it and are already putting it into practice in the new sponsored forum. And if you think that this is the first time SL has been mentioned with the purpose to make Entropia shine (better word? =/) then you're sadly wrong again. In the past you have always held your ground regarding rule #15, no matter the circumstances and that is what people are complaining about - someone pay you for a forum of their own and suddenly the rules are bendable.

Close the thread - Change the rule - Open the thread, in that order and nothing else.

Further, I think you're putting too much trust in Mindark sorting this out. As far as I know they have never commented on spesific issues before, so I doubt an answear will come from them anytime soon. :scratch2:

Edit: AJack10600 said it.

I agree.
For me it is also sad that we need all this SL stuff here and ingame now especially when I really dislike that game... I like EU as it is, by itself, selfsufficient. I feel kinda dissapointed tbh... :(

Status
Back