Entropia status 09-04-25

IMO the radio station sucks.. cant connect at all. Get better BW if you want more listeners. After allot trying and wasting time connecting im not trying anymore.

It's not them, it's your computer.
Working fine here, perhaps your firewall.

tnx for the update marco :yay: and wow :)) look how many ppl are online on the forum now lol :laugh:

that's kinda ironic that there's a power failure there, cuz at the exact same time i was hammering the servers we were having severe thunderstorms with tornado sirens and all kinds of warnings on almost every station on TV. luckily i didnt loose power though cuz i was on my PC the whole time and that's never good. well crap. power failure could come back any second, or any hour, or, like in Detroit a few years back, DAYS UPON DAYS. :eek: im bored now.

use internet explorer ( IE )

Are you serious...?

IE is the least w3c compliant browser out there... its not a coincidence that it has been named "Internet Exploder" by people in the business.

My advice, steer clear of IE at all costs.

// Exo

Serves MA right for using 'Power Generator(L)' for their backup - i heard they have 90% min condition

If they would only have dropped the UL BP last VU we would not have this problem now...sigh

yes it was quite awesome of you to actually make a thread telling us what is going on!

Maybe they are solar powered now and its cloudy.

Serves MA right for using 'Power Generator(L)' for their backup - i heard they have 90% min condition

If they would only have dropped the UL BP last VU we would not have this problem now...sigh

Haha, offer this guy a job Marco :D

I was hunting Trox when I was kicked off. Shame, shame, shame .... "You were killed by a furious Atrox Provider" ... :laugh:

Are you serious...?

IE is the least w3c compliant browser out there... its not a coincidence that it has been named "Internet Exploder" by people in the business.

My advice, steer clear of IE at all costs.

// Exo

Yess.. I have IE installed and I regularly use it when I happen to stumble upon those very special internet highways where wheels are not expected round but square, and routes have nice bumps that make riding in IE smooth as silk :D

any news on the quake and is everyone ok?

I wonder why some companies put millions in redundancy and some does not. One datacenter down, one full virtual world down. How convenient. :laugh:

Ah nooo not the Dutch again! I bet they've been smoking legal weed and are relaxing at the beach as I write ;)

(don't flame me I am Dutch as well lol)

I'm just a disgruntled geezer who wanted to shoot stuff...

you are a small fish in a big pond m8.. many people are "disgruntled" relax and wait like the rest of us... you'd be surprised how many players have suffered big coz of the power cut... universe don't revolve around YOU... sorry if i seem a little abrupt, i'm just not one to be nice about such things :p

and as mentioned by others... some people may have been hurt phisically by certain events... earthquakes take lives !!! give a thought for this

In the meantime...

Here's the old ASCII client, Since the data center is down, you'll need to get to the TP. Keep walking, you'll get there!!

Ascii_Walking_Man.gif

View image in gallery

I hope when EU will get online again my unextracted hof claim would be still there:rolleyes:

For us its just well.. damn can't play
But for MA and Interxion it's horrific, its a nightmare really

“As well as providing this, Interxion’s facility also offered us the highest level of security, power availability and associated cooling infrastructure, fire detection and prevention and operational support to guarantee the 24/7 availability of our virtual universe"

I really want to know now what happend.. Dont care about getting online asap gimme the juicy story :popcorn:

about power/network redundancy, people dont understand or know how things really work. MA probably dont either. its fine all the time they are up, but these systems are rarely tested - how can they with out taking systems offline or warning that there maybe an outage?

i have gone through two power loss situations with top UK data centre, on both occasions a thirdparty screwed somthing up and the redundant power didnt failover or failed over but some circuits didnt (ie fused). Ive also had engineer in the floor cavity screw up and take out the power to the routers and on another occasion the office redundant power simply didnt cut in because it did get the signal to do so and had never been tested. couple of weeks ago a contractor tore through a major network link in East London, knocking out literally tens of thousands of lines, many companies found redundant lines where on the physical underground route. it happens, networks are not perfect and do not route around problems in the way the theory says they will (because carriers dont necessarily reroute traffic).

the important thing is that the power stays up long enough for systems to shut down gracfully, so there is no loss of data. uptime is secondry concern. you will not find a datacentre supplier in the world that promises 100% uptime, and you shouldnt believe anyone who does.

Aridash, thank you for explaining a little what usually goes on in situations like these. +rep.

I hope when EU will get online again my unextracted hof claim would be still there:rolleyes:

If its a hof it would take a good few hours before it disappears, so I wouldnt worry about it unless you've already waited until the last minute ;)

[YOUTUBE]WeWq6rWzChw[/YOUTUBE]

I hope it did not look like this.

long live redundancy

:wtg:

thanks for pointing out my shortcomings Hellraizer, luckily its Sunday tomorrow and I can go to Chapel and abase myself.

Back