Forum Transition: Status Update

This hurts my eyes :D Way to flashy compared to before... :eyecrazy:

The Mindark Official Search function was handy... will it be back ? ;)

Calypso time (UTC) clock??

I noticed that the Calypso time (UTC) clock is missing from the bottom of the page. All it shows is (All times are GMT +8. The time now is)

Is there some setting to bring it back or is this something that will be addressed in the coming days?

Cheers
Bjorn

Seeing reputation given was one of those "extra features" added on EF that extended the standard forum functionality. I will get that restored to the User CP sometime soon, once the more important features are all working normally.

Thanks for reporting, the text color will be adjusted.

np, just letting you know what I have observed :)

Thanks again for your patience, and I hope you enjoy the new PlanetCalypsoForum!

Thanks to you 711, your report satisfies me. I will hope to see the final results.

So far so good, teething problems aside. As my old IT Administrator used to say, any migration you can walk away from is a good one... :yay:

I hope so, it was the easiest method to find any posts.

It would be nice have also the number like:

I noticed that the Calypso time (UTC) clock is missing from the bottom of the page. All it shows is (All times are GMT +8. The time now is)

Is there some setting to bring it back or is this something that will be addressed in the coming days?

Cheers
Bjorn

The Calypso clock will be restored to the footer soon, thanks for reporting.

They're not intuitive to me :(. I'm looking at them and I have no clue what they are supposed to mean. I think what irritates me most is that there are four different colours now. For some reason that attracts all my attention and I don't "see" or recognise the icon.

Would it be possible to change them please?

This also falls into this category: the thread titles of updated threads since last visit seem to be less bold than on EF. Would it be possible to make them bolder or highlight them in a more prominent way?

• links are hard to recognize as such. It would be great if they could be underlined and in a more distinguishable colour.
  • I fail to properly recognise and/or understand the icons to the left of the threads. I think it's because they are in four different colours now. That attracts all my attention for some reason.
  • if I want to edit my signature it says that it has too many lines. Seeing other signatures using much more space than mine I feel a little bit left out. Currently I can't even click OK on my unchanged signature without that message. I'd need to change the URLs (which makes coded text even longer) and add a line-break.
  • background image is too wide (using my browser with width 1280 in full-screen)

Other than that I really am impressed so far. Good job, 711 :)

Looks like a LOT of work has been put into this - Good stuff :)

Small bug - on the forum home page https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forum.php in the Private Forum section - it is displaying a group that I am not a member of "Entropia Universe Ambassadors"

As a senior member, we were allotted 400 pms in our inboxes. With the change to the new forum, my inbox is now limited to 200 again and I cannot send or receive pms until I delete at least 100 pms. Can we have the old senior member pm limit increased again?

The limit for Senior Members wasn't reduced. Rather, all Senior Members were placed back in the normal registered usergroup, as announced in the PlanetCalypsoForum.com Discussion Thread:

Senior Members
The Senior Member program will be put on hold, pending evaluation by FPC. All current Senior Members will be returned to the default usergroup.

Missing feature

Where is the new posts link? I looked but i sure cant find it.

And i will NOT wade through every forum each time i get here to see what posts are new :p

Also that darn capcha took some time to fix :p

*edit* crap never mind :p found it right in front of my eyes xD (i think)

'What's New?' button at top menu works as EF 'New Posts' and once you're in a Thread you actually have a button 'New Posts'

Also, 'Settings' work as EF's 'control panel'.

Another thing (might not be 711's job):

We had the MA-news section on EF. I understand that this forum now has a different focus. However, I believe that it makes sense to have the MA-stuff here, too, since it still plays a major aspect in EU (look how I worded that one :laugh:).

You should probably place seniors into their own special group with a higher pm limit until this is back in place.

I think you have missed the point: FPC chose to suspend the Senior Member program pending review of benefits and quailfication criteria. As such, all Senior Members were returned to their previous usergroups until Hanne and the FPC team decide if and how to reinstate the Senior Member program.

I think you have missed the point: FPC chose to suspend the Senior Member program pending review of benefits and quailfication criteria. As such, all Senior Members were returned to their previous usergroups until Hanne and the FPC team decide if and how to reinstate the Senior Member program.

Then you should move seniors to adjusted in the mean time.

I must say that i hate the "Settings" link, I hate the name and the position... may i suggest that we have the old "User CP" link back, right next to "Home".

The top navigation bar links have been adjusted and a User CP link added. Those changes should result in a more 'familiar' layout for those who have grown accustomed to EF's navigation structure.

Also in list of Currently Active Users, Some names are white-on-white. Kinda hard to see. :D
Those were the Improved usergroup members. Usergroup markup color has been changed now, thanks for reporting.

If there's a better location to list PCF bugs than this thread let me know. Still getting my bearings.

This is the thread to report such things. Your moderator instincts led you to the right place :p

Looks like a good transition, hoping everything else goes smoothly.

I'm guessing that the Rep Star (under ava pic) was an extra.
I'm also guessing it's low on the priority list to return to that general style. :silly2:

Indeed, the extended reputation display was one of the "bells and whistles" which I will work on getting added back soon.

Testing smileys that didn't appear in image form on smiley list:

Those few were smilies that were stored in the forum gallery (for some unknown reason). I am still in the process of moving that massive gallery data over to the new PCF directory, so we should be seeing some of the various broken image links disappearing. Indeed, it seems that all of the smilies you posted earlier are working now, which is a good sign for getting the gallery itself up and running again soon.

Awesome job 711!! Keep up the great work!! :yay:

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the new forum.

The Mindark Official Search function was handy... will it be back ? ;)

I will investigate getting that handy feature restored soon.

I don't see why, if the Senior Member program has been suspended. :scratch2:

You've removed functionality from my forum account. I used to be able to sent and receive pms without a problem. Now I cannot. I didn't ask you to remove the functionality from my account but you did it anyway.

When clicking from main forum page to say a new post in a specific sub-forum, in some cases it does not scroll down to the last/new post, rather stays at the first post? Connection/lag issue for me?

When you select the new posts tab, it doesnt stay selected, and when you select the user cp tab the forum tab is selected.

Okay nevermind, seems was a lag issue for me, page was not loading as quick as i thought before using my scroll button.

You've removed functionality from my forum account. I used to be able to sent and receive pms without a problem. Now I cannot. I didn't ask you to remove the functionality from my account but you did it anyway.

I think you are confusing "functionality" with bonus benefits that were given to members who met certain criteria established for the Senior Member program on EF.

FPC decided to suspend that program (at least for the time being), so in effect the bonus benefits you were granted as a Senior Member are no longer available. It would be unfair to the rest of the members of the forum to continue to provide those benefits to those who were "grandfathered in", but not provide them the opportunity to also qualify for the benefits.

You always have the option of downloading the private messages in your inbox to your PC, or deleting old messages to free up inbox space (which the vast majority of members here do on a regular basis).

Back