Info: Guidelines for Honorable PVP

When i see someone in PVP4 with a mob i honorably fap him.. but just once :)

Nice of you to do that :D

I got robbed a grand total of 8ped once in pvp4 and I would one day get it back (from the same avatar, same amount) :laugh:

Great lil guide...

The only time I got angry at someone killing me was before the new VU, when I was sweating with a group of ppl and someone came and killed us all, lol, i think he had the record for that day, lol

Yeah, you could do that..since it's not hard to loot or buy the gear to hunt Hoggs if you felt like it. The same can't be said for PVP though, a very small % of avas have the gear for the rig for example...the rest of us never will.

Bullshit..

Vigi+6a is like 1000 peds

L LR rifle with some amp and voila you can PK > stop these bullshits like only few have PK gear.. everyone can and even the best PK gear is nothing not affordable...

Personally I never really got upset at anyone for PKing me. The last time it happened out at the rig, within 5 minutes I'd revived, bought a plasma rifle and a better amp, and was running back out to the rig, lol.

Most of the problems that I've seen on other threads about PKing and griefing others for it seem to be players who have either forgotten or disregarded the fact that it's just a game (although I do understand how the RCE tweaks this belief), and that you can run around the PVP area if you don't want to get smoked.

And I kinda hope they keep the PVP the way it is now. I know I get a kick when I see that blinking yellow or red light go off on the HUD. It truly makes the game more exciting, in my opinion.

...either ignore the mob at which they were shooting or wait until it has regained its full health before attacking it.

Yeah right.....

And if you are not in PvP and some one dies on a mob because they take a critical hit, or he didn't fap enough or he just tried to kill a mob way above his capabilities...

Do you really expect me to wait until the mob has regained full health/or the avatar returning to his kill?!
Or do you expect me to keep hunting, but constantly watching my radar in order to avoid the half dead mob getting triggered by my presence?

I hope not!
So why expect that in PvP?!

It's Player versus Player out there FFS :scratch2:

A couple rules for being honorably pk'd. (sorry if these repeats anything, I skipped all the middle pages)

1) If you file a support case, you are a pussy.
2) If you post on EF to complain about being PK'd, you're a pussy.
3) If the rest of the PKers find out you like complaining that much, they'll make special exception to kill you every time they see you just to get you to shut up. We hate whiners.
4) You are a green dot. In PVP this makes you no different than a red dot, whether in lootable or not. We may (or may not, depending on who it is that runs up behind you) allow you to finish your mob. If we do, and kill you right after you loot it, you can thank us for the courtesy. We thank each other when that happens, as we know that someone in a bad mood could have had an easy kill steal.
5) You are not special. You are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
6) You do not talk about fight club.

So, as I asked above - would you kill and loot a socmate in PvP4?

Nope, because he/she is a soc m8!! Strange question.

3) If the rest of the PKers find out you like complaining that much, they'll make special exception to kill you every time they see you just to get you to shut up. We hate whiners.

What if you meet an obsessive person who'd submit a support case each time? Till everyone gets an email warning and get temp lock? When is it ever going to end?

Yeah right.....

And if you are not in PvP and some one dies on a mob because they take a critical hit, or he didn't fap enough or he just tried to kill a mob way above his capabilities...

Do you really expect me to wait until the mob has regained full health/or the avatar returning to his kill?!
Or do you expect me to keep hunting, but constantly watching my radar in order to avoid the half dead mob getting triggered by my presence?

I hope not!
So why expect that in PvP?!

It's Player versus Player out there FFS :scratch2:

Yes, actually. Although it was much more prevalent when teleport chips were in use.

Personally when I'd get toasted by a mob, I'd be fapping 3 times and immediately teleporting back to the scene. When another player was there finishing my mob off it wasn't exactly nice and cheerful to see.

Similarly, when I saw a green dot become a white dot, I'd keep hunting on my own. When the health was back up or almost up again and it was pretty certain they weren't coming back, I might finish it off. But I'd definitely wait just a bit. Of course if it attacked, there's not much of an option. I'm not going to accept armor decay just to wait for someone to teleport back out to the area, nor would I expect it from someone else.

And hell, half the time when the green dot looks like it's in trouble, I run over and fap for them.

What if you meet an obsessive person who'd submit a support case each time? Till everyone gets an email warning and get temp lock? When is it ever going to end?

LOL. Consider that situation in reality for a second, Golden. One guy hates everyone else, and they keep killing him. MA is going to lock EVERYONE ELSE? Hope that guy is a biiiiiiiiig depositor.

LOL. Consider that situation in reality for a second, Golden. One guy hates everyone else, and they keep killing him. MA is going to lock EVERYONE ELSE? Hope that guy is a biiiiiiiiig depositor.

What're the chances of the entire EU community going after one guy? Given different timezones/expanded map (half of which falls under non-pvp), only a handful of people are going to meet him in pvp zone in any given day (unless he/she only camps in certain places).

And I reckon there aren't that many compulsive pk'ers.

Nope, because he/she is a soc m8!! Strange question.

It might seem strange to you, but some people in this thread are saying there are no guidelines, and anything goes. If that is true, then that would include killing and looting socmates in PvP4.

You'd be surprised.

So far, the most compulsive pk'er I ever met was a friend who killed the same guy twice within 30mins and we had to apologize on his behalf (cos that'd probably constitute harrassment) :S

It might seem strange to you, but some people in this thread are saying there are no guidelines, and anything goes. If that is true, then that would include killing and looting socmates in PvP4.

OMG, sure there are no guidelines.. Or you cant expect that the dot at edge of your radar will respect some.

The soc mate is absolutely different thing > You must count society as one person in PVP !!

I feel sorry for you that you are from noobish soc where you are taking everyone so you dont know what is the "society" about....
Or not ??? So why are you asking these stupid questions ???

PVP is PVP, i really like normal pvp land areas. Its simple i like hunting alone, because im choosing my way whole hunt and i dont like when at the end some fcking green dot joins and start to mess everything up. Click Click and im again alone .... PVP all the way !!! and its nothing non honorable to kill someone in that area even he have his mob half dmgd or whatever... !

How the fuck then, do I NOT go into Pvp when running from a la to a tp?

I mean consider this please.

I have to get to those l.a's right?

Means going across area's of PvP.

I dont CHOOSE PvP.. its just the terrain!!

You rekon those land area owners will thank you for my interupted visit? :laugh:

Its PvP is it???

NOT just a way to get to a Land Area?

What a stupid view...

Its easy.. you have to answer yourself few questions.

Is the PVP in the way to LA where i want to go ?

If YES > Im able to kill someone if he attacks me in the PVP ?

If YES > i can go there, its ok

Now if for whatever reason your answer is NO for last question !!!!

You must answer another one.. WHAT THE FUCK IM DOING IN PVP AREA WHEN IM NOT ABLE TO DEFEND MYSELF ?

And please dont say i just want to hunt there but the PVP area is in my way !!!! what a BULLSHIT !!!! You cant deffend yourself on the way there = YOU CANT HUNT THERE Its eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy !!!!!!!

Stop nonsense complains everybody it makes you look stupid..

It sure is absolutely fine to kill a soc m8 in PvP. And I think a lot of PvPers actually have killed soc m8s lots of times, just for the fun of it.

In your post how ever you ask "would you kill a soc m8 in PvP area?".
My answer to that question is "no, because it's a soc m8".

I don't see the relevance of someone being a soc m8 in order to or not to pk them. That is for each pk-er him/herself to decide and for that soc m8 or even whole society to approve to or not to approve to.
It isn't relevant for the suggested "morality" in relation to PvP combat people want to discuss here

OMG, sure there are no guidelines.. Or you cant expect that the dot at edge of your radar will respect some.

The soc mate is absolutely different thing > You must count society as one person in PVP !!

Saying that there are no guidelines and at the same time saying you won't kill and loot your socmate is like saying you are a vegetarian, but you eat chicken.

If you won't kill your socmates, then there is a line, somewhere, that you will not cross, so it's not as simple as saying "no rules", is it?

I feel sorry for you that you are from noobish soc where you are taking everyone so you dont know what is the "society" about....
Or not ??? So why are you asking these stupid questions ???

Please don't insult my society. We don't just take everyone. We wouldn't take you, for example.

It sure is absolutely fine to kill a soc m8 in PvP. And I think a lot of PvPers actually have killed soc m8s lots of times, just for the fun of it.

In your post how ever you ask "would you kill a soc m8 in PvP area?".
My answer to that question is "no, because it's a soc m8".

I don't see the relevance of someone being a soc m8 in order to or not to pk them. That is for each pk-er him/herself to decide. It isn't relevant for the suggested "morality" in relation to PvP combat people want to discuss here

As I said in the previous post, it's absolutely relevant because it establishes the presence of a moral code, in some form. You're right, it's for each person themselves to decide - that's exactly my point. Do the people who say there are no rules really act as if there are no rules? For the most part, no, they don't.

As I said in the previous post, it's absolutely relevant because it establishes the presence of a moral code, in some form. You're right, it's for each person themselves to decide - that's exactly my point. Do the people who say there are no rules really act as if there are no rules? For the most part, no, they don't.

You don't get the point dude. Soc m8 or no soc m8, it doesn't matter.

A pk-er also can decide not to kill a non-soc m8 because it's a female avatar with a nice rack. But maybe he kills her after noticing she has brown hair and he actually is more fond on blondes.

A few minutes later he encounters a soc m8 with brown hair. But he decides to not kill her because she is a soc m8. How ever, she calls him a lousy pk-er for the fun of it and he pulls his PSG-Sniper and wastes her in 1 shot. Nananananaaah :yay:.

It's all what the pk-er wants to do. Mostly that isn't pk-ing soc m8s or good ingame friends. Mostly that is pk-ing everybody else. But also soc m8s and good friends have a chance to get shot by the pk-er in certain occasions. Just as non-soc m8s and non-good friends have a chance to not getting pk-ed in other situations.

Isn't that difficult to understand now is it? :scratch2:

It's all what the pk-er wants to do. Mostly that isn't pk-ing soc m8s or good ingame friends.

Precisely my point. I'm not sure why you think you are disagreeing with me when in fact you are agreeing :D

I would also add that mostly it isn't pinning noobs down at a revive or killing people in order to take their half-dead mob.

I think there are some people missing the point of the thread.

PvP is PvP, no rules, etc etc... and I agree. There are no real rules, and sending support cases complaining about being PKed is ludicrous.

A question to those of you on the "anything goes" side (let's call it a question to Tekkie because I know him well enough :D) - do you typically PK people while they're on the mob in non-lootable PvP? Do you PK passing miners for no particular reason? Do you stake out revives and kill people multiple times?

My guess (I don't want to speak for you so please tell me if I'm wrong :)) is that no, you don't, at least not usually. Maybe you do it now and then when you have some rage to expel :D

But usually you probably refrain from doing something like that because you think it would be a bit arseholey, right?

On the other side of things, people who get PKed might moan about it a bit, but you don't normally send a support case demanding someone gets banned - again, because that would be a bit arseholey.

I think the question in this thread isn't "What can you and can't you do in PvP?". The question is more like "Where is the line beyond which I will be seen as a bit of a dickhead - or see myself as a bit of a dickhead?"

I think even the most devoted PKers (with a few exceptions perhaps) have some kind of personal honour code - they probably don't have it written down, probably couldn't summarise it to you, and they probably deviate from it now and then, but they have it in their heads.

Another question to those who have "no rules" - do you ever PK your socmates in PvP4 and keep the loot?

Well said.

Enjoyable thread. Just recently started pk'ing and lol seems I have met all types of av's who have posted in this thread. The good and the bad.

My first experience when I wandered into PVP4 some time back, see this good looking av running up, went to smile and wave and bang she shot me. I was real pissed off with the shock of it at first. When I scanned her at the revival as she was depositing all my worldly goods she had looted off me, I found she was well below me in skills and had shot me with a rifle 3 levels below me. Then she said thanks for the tax. and for 2 secs I was about to retort a nasty reply. Then all that I had read in ef come back to me I bit my tongue and wrote the avs name down. Lol revenge will be sweet. That is PVP!

Oh by the way gonna put a support case in as I suck at PVP.

At least this thread has given us an indication who not to trust out there.

Jung

Last edited:
But also soc m8s and good friends have a chance to get shot by the pk-er in certain occasions. Just as non-soc m8s and non-good friends have a chance to not getting pk-ed in other situations.

Precisely my point. I'm not sure why you think you are disagreeing with me when in fact you are agreeing :D

Only if you pick out the quote that suites you best you can conclude that I am agreeing with you.

Only if you pick out the quote that suites you best you can conclude that I am agreeing with you.

Maybe I should have said that I agree with you and you might be less defensive about it :rolleyes:

I picked out that quote because I felt it was the key part of what you were saying, rather than needlessly quoting a longer post.

Maybe I should have said that I agree with you and you might be less defensive about it :rolleyes:

I picked out that quote because I felt it was the key part of what you were saying, rather than needlessly quoting a longer post.

I tend to be rather defensive yes :). Anyway I better get out of this thread since it even doesn't concern me. I hardly pk nor visit pk zones often.

I just get pissed about people whining and complaining because they can't reach their claim or get pk-ed 3 times while they have their mob to half health. Sure, revival pk-ing and examples like that can ethically be questioned.
But I truly think that a lot of people that become a "victim" of such actions complained much to hard after their 1st or 2nd kill. Kept coming back and trying to force their "moral" upon people that actually are in that PvP area for pk purposes.
That how ever is the part of the story that one hardly will hear, but I think that also contributes to people getting shot over and over again.

Anyway, i am outta here. Live and let live!! Or Pk and die!!
What ever suites you best :laugh:

I tend to be rather defensive yes :). Anyway I better get out of this thread since it even doesn't concern me. I hardly pk nor visit pk zones often.

I just get pissed about people whining and complaining because they can't reach their claim or get pk-ed 3 times while they have their mob to half health. Sure, revival pk-ing and examples like that can ethically be questioned.
But I truly think that a lot of people that become a "victim" of such actions complained much to hard after their 1st or 2nd kill. Kept coming back and trying to force their "moral" upon people that actually are in that PvP area for pk purposes.
That how ever is the part of the story that one hardly will hear, but I think that also contributes to people getting shot over and over again.

Anyway, i am outta here. Live and let live!! Or Pk and die!!
What ever suites you best :laugh:

And once again I agree with you. Or you agree with me :D

Okay I think Kemp agrees.

For the record, please note that the list for honorably playing the part of Prey is 3x as long as those for the Predators. Several of them are comprised of various statements in previous rule/guide discussions that mostly center around the reality that the Prey chose to run through the PVP area to begin with, and should modify their expectations accordingly.

Last edited:
As we used to say in the Marine Corps:

Death to those who oppose!! :wtg:

[SIZE=+2]GUIDELINES FOR HONORABLE PVP[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]When You Are the Prey[/SIZE]

1. If you would like to signal to other Green Dots (GDs) on your radar that you are not hostile, figure out which direction they are moving and move in the opposite direction so they know you are giving them clearance. If they are still moving towards you, they may be hostile. You can either try to signal your non-aggression, retreat or keep trying to avoid them, or equip your weapon and prepare to do battle
  2. It is generally understood that PVP involves teams sometimes locking down a certain zone, such as a particular mob spawn, or an Event spawn, or areas like the oil rig. This should generally be expected and counted on as an inherent part of the game's PVP element
more ideas
1a. for lootable pvp. If you see green dot, run like hell.. certain GD-s often run opposite direction and leave your radar-true. but nothing will guarantee that he/she indeed runs away from you. You might end up seeing him/her landing next to you with guns blazing..
1b.If you are offered peace in lootable by unknown person and you agree to it, keep your word but NEVER trust other party keeping to it (search EF for Kosta "the peacemaker")
1c. Suiciding with rockets for escape is lame. If you are perfectly willing to kill and loot weaker player than you - your attacker deserves similar chance..
2a. If you die and wont be able to get any more oil at rig - be a big man and accept it. Using big badass atrox to show how powerful you are or making "them" simply pay dearly for daring to kill you is lame... Oil barrels do not have your name on them nor was oil rig created only for you.go sweat if you have addiction and need to leech something!
:scratch2:

I'm new here on EF, but, I played EU a lot a while back. So, I have some insight on this.

1.) I think Kuber is saying that it is unethical to kill someone if you won't gain anything from it AND it hurts the prey. In other words, sadism. In some areas, dying is an annoyance rather than harmful, unless someone just keeps killing you despite the fact you're obviously unable to leave the area or fight back. In other zones, however, you can loot other avatars, so, killing every avatar you come across is business rather being a prick, in general. I had over a 100 PEDs of stuff I forgot to put into storage before venturing into one of the lootable zones. I was devastated, but, I still had the dignity to buy back some of the stuff that guy looted, and didn't blame the PvPer.

2.) In the lootable PvP zones (avatars who are killed by another avatar lose their non-ammo stackable items- the avatar is looted, basically), I would treat ALL GDs as hostile. There are care bears (meaning those who don't PvP, at least outside of self-defense or defense of another) who are running around minding their own business. But, you can't really ascertain the GD's intentions right away, unless you know the person. On the PvP continent especially, I would say the risk of an avatar blasting you is low. This was over a year ago, however. Maybe things have changed.

3.) If you are in a PvP zone, but especially the lootable ones, by the time you see a green dot on the radar, and he's equipped to fight and you are not, you are screwed. Rockets, laser rifles, and plasma rifles (especially the latter) have extreme ranges, and some can kill weaker avatars in one shot. You will have to find a large object or a hill to scramble behind and use your TP chip if you hope to survive.

Last edited:
Back