Info: Guidelines for Honorable PVP

This all BS about pvp rules is pathethic.

Player versus player, no rules.

If u dont got the skills and equipment to play there, dont.

If u dont got the skills and equipment to play there, and you play there and die, then what the fuck are you complaining about?

Maybe ill start a thread about me not being able to kill hogglo with opalo, maybe MA will do something about it.

:rolleyes:

There is NO honor in pvp and that's just how it is, if you think there is honor in pvp your not a good pvp'er. In pvp you use everything you can to win and that's just how it is.

Peoples inability to accept the fact that PVP enabled zones (all of them) mean you can be shot at, even in the back and also whilst in the middle of killing a mob. Hard times, if you dont like that environment then please dont hunt there and remain in non pvp areas.

Its really easy to figure out :laugh:

For the people who complain... have a snickers :)

[YOUTUBE]kAPXGuRIXsA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SSrZyQo3GqY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]hi4DEdUmA6A[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
First off, Dean, this thread is not for discussing those personal issues. If such issues are used as a reasoning for some kind of guideline or suggestion, they should be sanitized of any personal info or identifying factors.

And to Mojorisin, I really do agree with you. It's on FPC's hands to insure that players can play the game normally without being forced to run through a PVP zone. I wholeheartedly agree.

And I appreciate your comments about things that players can do to notify another player that they aren't hostile, such as remaining outside their inner radar.

I know when I'm in PVP and I'm not there for PK and I see a Green Dot I stop and watch what the GD is doing. If it's heading to my left, I head off to my right to keep a wide berth.

It also isn't unreasonable to have to run all the way around a PVP area if you don't want to be hassled. We all have to do it if we don't have a toxic shot and have to get to the other side.

To Thanatos, thanks much for the link to your post. I had done a search for "PVP Rules" on EF but the list was so long and yours didn't even come up on my results pages as I was browsing through.

Once More To All ... These are simply guidelines and nothing more... they are not officially sanctioned, they are not officially approved, they are simply suggestions from those in the community with a little bit of courtesy that should help ease some of the confusion about when PVP and PK becomes harrassment.

I don't even want to call them rules, and am actively trying not to, because there really are no rules (until MA/FPC exposes them). Your mileage may vary. Any guidelines can be ignored and rebuked at your own discretion, and you may even have additional guidelines that you follow.

I've updated the original post to split the guidelines into Predator and Prey. The guidelines for honorable Prey behavior are more than twice as long as the guidelines for honorable Predator behavior, which seems correct to me.

Last edited:
Peoples inability to accept the fact that PVP enabled zones (all of them) mean you can be shot at, even in the back and also whilst in the middle of killing a mob. Hard times, if you dont like that environment then please dont hunt there and remain in non pvp areas.

True, you're supposed to be able to do whatever you want in a PVP zone, as long as it still fits within other MA/FPC rule sets.

Ultimately I guess it all comes down to your own personal ethics. If you'd like the common courtesy of being able to finish shooting whatever mob you're after before someone tries to PK you, then you'll probably show the same courtesy to others.

Some people will ignore any concern or consideration and will act like complete savages with no self-restraint at all. We know these players exist. If that's what they call entertainment, then I guess that's their prerogative... at least right up until MA/FPC notifies them to the contrary.

If its a PVP zone, then you are either a hunter or the hunted. If you can't handle being either of those, stay out.

Honorable pvp HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA get a grip.

EDIT: If I ever decide to venture into PVP to be a "hunter" you can be certain if I come across a prey and he/she is pre-occupied with a mob, they're gonna get a bullet in the back from me. Anything to help line the ole ped-card.

Before I get flammed too badly, I have seen me give a noob a full set of shogun armor when I had only about 100 ped left on my card. So I'll take what I can when I can. It all works out in the end right?

LMAO... honorable pvp - that made my day.

Ahh the honorable pK....

PvP is PvP, if your in it you can get killed by players. It doesn't matter if your mining a claim, picking up dung, smelling te flowers or killing a mob, you can be killed PEIOD! If this isn't your thing don't go there. This is the same as going into an Atrox spawn and bitching because an atrox killed you, we all do it but in the end there is one person to blame. Now if a spider spawns out of no where and kills you, then you might have a lagit reason to bitch.

If its a PVP zone, then you are either a hunter or the hunted. If you can't handle being either of those, stay out.

Honorable pvp HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA get a grip.

EDIT: If I ever decide to venture into PVP to be a "hunter" you can be certain if I come across a prey and he/she is pre-occupied with a mob, they're gonna get a bullet in the back from me. Anything to help line the ole ped-card.

Before I get flammed too badly, I have seen me give a noob a full set of shogun armor when I had only about 100 ped left on my card. So I'll take what I can when I can. It all works out in the end right?

LMAO... honorable pvp - that made my day.

hmmm...so you never venture to Amethera and only stay on Eudoria and outside of the PvP zones ?!
:scratch2:

Reactions: Aly
Guidelines for honorable PKing?

I can't believe this is an issue, if you DON'T want to die - DON'T go into PVP.

I've been PK'ed while engaged with a mob, or digging up a claim. I didn't get pissy about it because I accepted the risk upon entering PVP.
I very seldom PK anyone in game, but when I get killed, I don't cry. This is a game and PK areas is a part of the game. So 100% agree with you here. Just could hope others could get this simple rule.

To those who cannot believe that anyone would suggest a few simple guidelines on PVP and PK, I have a question for you.

What is it about your needs for gameplay that makes it a necessity for you to be able to trap a player at a revival terminal in a Land Area without letting them leave?

And do you think MindArk/FPC built the game intending for and supporting you in doing this?

I mean I did ask for those that were opposed to the rules, so your comments are welcome. But how about add some substance beyond "I should be able to because I can"?

How about pick one of the guidelines and tell me specifically how it will harm or damage your own gameplay?

I think there are some people missing the point of the thread.

PvP is PvP, no rules, etc etc... and I agree. There are no real rules, and sending support cases complaining about being PKed is ludicrous.

A question to those of you on the "anything goes" side (let's call it a question to Tekkie because I know him well enough :D) - do you typically PK people while they're on the mob in non-lootable PvP? Do you PK passing miners for no particular reason? Do you stake out revives and kill people multiple times?

My guess (I don't want to speak for you so please tell me if I'm wrong :)) is that no, you don't, at least not usually. Maybe you do it now and then when you have some rage to expel :D

But usually you probably refrain from doing something like that because you think it would be a bit arseholey, right?

On the other side of things, people who get PKed might moan about it a bit, but you don't normally send a support case demanding someone gets banned - again, because that would be a bit arseholey.

I think the question in this thread isn't "What can you and can't you do in PvP?". The question is more like "Where is the line beyond which I will be seen as a bit of a dickhead - or see myself as a bit of a dickhead?"

I think even the most devoted PKers (with a few exceptions perhaps) have some kind of personal honour code - they probably don't have it written down, probably couldn't summarise it to you, and they probably deviate from it now and then, but they have it in their heads.

Another question to those who have "no rules" - do you ever PK your socmates in PvP4 and keep the loot?

I think the question in this thread isn't "What can you and can't you do in PvP?". The question is more like "Where is the line beyond which I will be seen as a bit of a dickhead - or see myself as a bit of a dickhead?"

I think even the most devoted PKers (with a few exceptions perhaps) have some kind of personal honour code - they probably don't have it written down, probably couldn't summarise it to you, and they probably deviate from it now and then, but they have it in their heads.

Well said, Oleg. Thanks much for wording that as you did. Couldn't agree more.

I mean I did ask for those that were opposed to the rules, so your comments are welcome. But how about add some substance beyond "I should be able to because I can"?
I have a nagging feeling/thought that the word pvp/pk somehow makes one go into a certain mode...shoot first and ask later :scratch2:

Or perhaps they confused suggestion for guidelines as potential EULA?

*Problem arises when people are deprived of their playtime with mobs that happened to inhabit pvp zones in certain parts of amethera (apart from harassement).

PVP is PVP.... you go there, expect you can get killed. Nuff said on that.

You're stuck someplace? There's a Calypso Rescue Service... use it! :)

Pretty much sum it up.

This is why we are propsing that MA draws a clear line or perhaps remove these random PVP areas, as to not cause anymore arguments.

IMO removing places as you have mentioned would be for the best so there is no question as to what is expected from either opposition.

This is the solution :)

This is why we are propsing that MA draws a clear line or perhaps remove these random PVP areas, as to not cause anymore arguments.

IMO removing places as you have mentioned would be for the best so there is no question as to what is expected from either opposition.

Isn't it kind of sad though that this would be necessary, and people couldn't find it within themselves to apply even the thinnest layer of self-restraint to allow more open PVP in more places without restricting it?

PVP areas do add a more exciting element to the game. It would be a shame to lose the larger expanses of PVP areas.

Isn't it kind of sad though that this would be necessary, and people couldn't find it within themselves to apply even the thinnest layer of self-restraint to allow more open PVP in more places without restricting it?

PVP areas do add a more exciting element to the game. It would be a shame to lose the larger expanses of PVP areas.

I was thinking that it's the opponents that matter, so it shouldn't cause too much grievances for professional pk'ers...the oilrig seems to have a good pvp setup based on what I saw on one wastelander event video.

My new pk weapon is support cases.

Burnseys PK Rules:
  1. If you shoot at me, harassment: support case!
  2. If you shoot near me, the noise of your gun is harassment: support case!
  3. If you kill me: two support cases!

My new pk weapon is support cases.

Burnseys PK Rules:
  1. If you shoot at me, harassment: support case!
  2. If you shoot near me, the noise of your gun is harassment: support case!
  3. If you kill me: two support cases!

That's one way to settle civil disputes :D

Be careful! Consistent abuse of the support case system might be interpreted as player harrassment of MindArk/FPC.

:dance: lol

PVP is PVP.... you go there, expect you can get killed. Nuff said on that.

So, as I asked above - would you kill and loot a socmate in PvP4?

Be careful! Consistent abuse of the support case system might be interpreted as player harrassment of MindArk/FPC.

what :(

ce2_scases.jpg

hmmm...so you never venture to Amethera and only stay on Eudoria and outside of the PvP zones ?!
:scratch2:

Sure I do... I should have said, PVP3 or 4 where you can be looted :)

The only necessary guideline:
Kill or be killed.

ps: damn you Akon! lucky my mulmun loots were thighs and sk's with stuff all stackables and some measly Duru muhahahaha, you and your god damn fapping to save me while shooting the mobs trying to pull them off me through dmg+ only for you to unsave and loot me..
I shoulda left that Duru claim, I woulda got away!
:duh::laugh:

When i see someone in PVP4 with a mob i honorably fap him.. but just once :)

This all BS about pvp rules is pathethic.

Player versus player, no rules.

If u dont got the skills and equipment to play there, dont.

If u dont got the skills and equipment to play there, and you play there and die, then what the fuck are you complaining about?

Maybe ill start a thread about me not being able to kill hogglo with opalo, maybe MA will do something about it.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, you could do that..since it's not hard to loot or buy the gear to hunt Hoggs if you felt like it. The same can't be said for PVP though, a very small % of avas have the gear for the rig for example...the rest of us never will.

PvP can be fun among mates..but this is a cash game unlike any other shootemup games with guns...so it's legalised mugging we're talking about here. A gang of Socmates repeatedly going after one person (if it happened or not) is simply bullying and mugging. If your kids did it you'd chastise them ..hopefully.

I crossed the PVP areas around Nate for almost 2 years and never had a single problem. Same but less often goes for PvP2 and 1 ...it's where they are lootable that the problems seem to occur. Maybe they need a stronger warning or better wording...because most of us know what can happen there and shouldn't enter unless fully aware.

There is an obvious solution to this problem anyway...here in the UK it's called "the jeremy kyle show" :silly2: US maybe "judge judy" ?

t

PS ..Anyone else think that MA is going to be busy sending out warnings next landgrab ?

lol Immortal, I don't think Bug Reports would qualify. You might actually get a reward for posting that many.

:)

Back