Info: Hell in all it's glory!

To be frank (not Judy) of course i also see all the issues and reasonings, but what is the point in explaining all possibilities to an ignorant mass, so out of control as this lot. Id love to talk sense, but i will not waste my time here with sensible arguments, because they WILL NOT CONSIDER IT, so instead i have fun with them. How many ppl told this mob that MA has shared mob ? Yet the fire starters kept fanning. Same with the so called "Calypso" items. Ppl stated the possibilities, yet this ignorant mob kept fanning regardless. They refuse to see all possibilities and they have chosen their Devil. To a degree this spurs me on even more to take the piss with this lot, because i know IT DOES'NT MATTER IF THERE IS ANOTHER EXPLANATION or POSSIBILITY... this mob will NOT SEE IT, Because they have their Devil !

Now, let's be honest, you never tried to talk reason in the first place. Your job here is, and always was, to create controversy. It is not such a big a secret how and why a small group of people got motivated to create secession within the player base.

It is part of an interesting marketing concept that kicked in as workaround after all the problems that came with creating real game content got obvious. It even might work out in the hand of professionals, but you can't just copy a marketing concept and let some amateurs do the dirty work. That can just too easy backfire.

Problem is in this case that there is more then only the one company that uses this technique at risk.

But i understand that you (if the use of singular is appropriate) are maybe only a small gear in that machinery and only doing your duty, knowingly or not.

So... a confirmed 20 "domes"?

Yeah... I was kind of thinking that 9 domes would have been better than 20...

Heck I even found some names for them! :cool:

nine-circles-of-hell-for-paper.jpg

I am glad you posted this so I did not have too. Seems like a novel idea if your going to create something called Hell........

Not like they have to copy somebody but one would expect truely dark places filled with creatures such as these and not so much caricature IMO.

Sorry to hijack I just had to meh!

Just so I'm clear.

Neverdie bought an asteroid with domes.

He developed it and new how it worked.

Later he became a owner/developer of other planets.

This presented a conflict of interest so he sold the asteroid.

He then developed (or had MA code) another instance system.

He then graphically turned that into Hell.

So he made money from the sale of CND which many in the community called for. Then he had a similar area created which gives him the same profit making potential.

Talk about damned if you do damned if you don't.

--mod hat off--

How many ppl told this mob that MA has shared mob ?...
Same with the so called "Calypso" items.

Um, excuse me, but would you please link to the original thread where MA/SDS/whoever officially informed the public that "old" mobs, items & designs were public property for all the PP to use any way they wished?

Best I can tell, that information only came out, um, this week.??

--/mod hat off--

OK, now with that out of the way....

--moderator message--

I don't care whether you hate ND's actions or think he's a military genius. He, like Hanne, and any MA/SDS or other PP staff are just as human as are all the players.

No more rule 2.2 - Insults/Flaming against ND or anyone else.

--/moderator message--

Just so I'm clear.

Neverdie bought an asteroid with domes.

He developed it and new how it worked.

Later he became a owner/developer of other planets.

This presented a conflict of interest so he sold the asteroid.

He then developed (or had MA code) another instance system.

He then graphically turned that into Hell.

So he made money from the sale of CND which many in the community called for. Then he had a similar area created which gives him the same profit making potential.

Talk about damned if you do damned if you don't.

You got your facts wrong he put cnd up for sell on his own. No one "called" for that. It wasn't until other events happened people cryed foul on some of the moves he made. Don't believe me? Go dig back to about march / april 2010 post from neverdie.

kosmos

Isn't an avatar owned by a pp, not allowed to own things ingame, and doesn't this include LA's?

Rgds

Ace

LOL
i'm simply tired of this ..yawn.

But I won't go to any prison or hell.

GL RT!

Um, excuse me, but would you please link to the original thread where MA/SDS/whoever officially informed the public that "old" mobs, items & designs were public property for all the PP to use any way they wished?

Best I can tell, that information only came out, um, this week.??

The very existence of such things was proof enough for me. (seeing is believing?)

But like you pointed out, I don't think there were any official statements until this week.
Those statements though are very clear.

The reason is that the Daikiba is a shared resource owned by MindArk Platform, not by SDS, that can be used by all planet partners.

The Shinkiba is exactly the same as the Daikiba, only with expanded loot list and a new appearance. In addition, it is a unique resource owned and controlled by SDS.

In the future, other shared mobs will be replaced with mobs owned by SDS.

Calypso is not owned by Neverdie, no. :)

Regarding the old Calypso mobs appearing on Rocktropia, there's a simple explanation for that. When FPC and MindArk split there was a dividing of assets, including mobs and item designs. The mobs and items that went to MindArk was put in a Shared Folder which all Planet Partners can use from. Kind of a Planet Partner Starter Kit, of sorts.

This is also one of the reasons for the Shinkiba. We wanted to make a version which was entirely our own (and more kick-ass.)

MindArk isn't necessarily behind the spawn size, no. Planet Partners can also script spawns, how many and where its placed. As for the mining fields, I don't have any insight to that. :/

Also, if we feel any other Planet Partners are somehow disrupting our Planet, make note that would be something we'd deal with internally, not on a community forum. We're taking it seriously though, and the feedback which you provide here will be made use of.

I dont really see the problem here. You have to be on RT to go to hell, right?

And as a PP you have the right to add as many LA's as you like. Sure hell has the same mechanics as foma, not very original but ok.

But like you pointed out, I don't think there were any official statements until this week.
Those statements though are very clear.

Exactly. these posts were made this week. Daisy's comment makes it sound like this was common knowledge for months, long before any of these controversies occurred.

And if so, fine. I'm just wondering where this information was 1st made public, and debated endlessly like he said?

Moderator double post ftw.

A thought just occurred to me.

If this (CND version of Hell) never occurred and later on, some PP NOT run by, or connected with ND had made a CND/FOMA-like copy, what would everyone's reactions be?

Would folks think FOMA owners were getting ripped off? Would they feel ND made the right choice selling it? Would they feel ND and/or FOMA were being spit on? Would folks think "Cool. Smart move."?

Just a thought. :scratch2:

If this (CND version of Hell) never occurred and later on, some PP NOT run by, or connected with ND had made a CND/FOMA-like copy, what would everyone's reactions be?

Would folks think FOMA owners were getting ripped off? Would they feel ND made the right choice selling it? Would they feel ND and/or FOMA were being spit on? Would folks think "Cool. Smart move."?

Personally ... I think the community would be vocal about it, and ask the same type of questions, like ... is the original CND construct now considered an MA platform "system" available to all planet partners? And ... what type of impact would it have on the original asteroid connected to Calypso, etc.

Thing is JC, that ND is a topic of discussion once again because his PP activities raise valid questions, and ... perhaps the questions should be addressed by MA instead of ND. MA could resolve this ongoing centrifugal activity if they wanted to regarding what the fair practices are as they relate to PP development, but I doubt that they will. It seems that they would rather witness the community in some sort of frenzy instead of setting the record straight, and that's not healthy as far as I'm concerned.

I understand your hypothetical query, but I believe that this community as a whole has had enough experience over the years that affords them a level of intelligence to ask key questions if it has potential impact on our environment, economy, and otherwise, no matter who they are, and I think we have all witnessed this over time. You can't ignore the fact that ND puts himself center stage with his actions and re-actions, and you can hardly expect this community not to respond to that.

Granted, there are those who are more personal-centered with their questioning and comments, perhaps as a result of their investments, so I really don't blame them either, but ... there are many who look at the big picture outside of personal investment as it relates to how certain actions and decision making will impact us as a whole, and therein lies my main concern ... what is the potential impact long-term.

I got a 670 hof there yesterday, so I think all of you should just go to hell. :silly2:

could of at least not made the layout map wise look almost identical to FOMA, lack of care and pure copying is all I see.

If it turned up on Next Island, I think it would provoke a similar reaction.

I think it will now turn up on NI at some point, and quite possibly Arkadia and other platforms in future months.

Exactly. these posts were made this week. Daisy's comment makes it sound like this was common knowledge for months, long before any of these controversies occurred.

And if so, fine. I'm just wondering where this information was 1st made public, and debated endlessly like he said?

I think you missed the first part of my answer.

The very existence of such things was proof enough for me. (seeing is believing?)

Hard evidence has been evident for some time even though there had been no official statement.
It had been discussed extensively here, I am sure you probably saw some of it.

narfi

This game needs more creative minds ... that is what I would think (and already think).

Hard evidence has been evident for some time even though there had been no official statement.
It had been discussed extensively here, I am sure you probably saw some of it.

Frankly, I knew (suspected) certain mobs and resources were removed from SDS' grip long before it was discussed on this forum.

However, public speculation is NOT the same thing as official confirmation, which is what Daisy made it sound like happened.

To be frank (not Judy) of course i also see all the issues and reasonings, but what is the point in explaining all possibilities to an ignorant mass, so out of control as this lot. Id love to talk sense, but i will not waste my time here with sensible arguments, because they WILL NOT CONSIDER IT, so instead i have fun with them. How many ppl told this mob that MA has shared mob ? Yet the fire starters kept fanning. Same with the so called "Calypso" items. Ppl stated the possibilities, yet this ignorant mob kept fanning regardless. They refuse to see all possibilities and they have chosen their Devil. To a degree this spurs me on even more to take the piss with this lot, because i know IT DOES'NT MATTER IF THERE IS ANOTHER EXPLANATION or POSSIBILITY... this mob will NOT SEE IT, Because they have their Devil !

You don't talk sense because you're stupid and don't know how to make sense......

Neverdie sells CND.

Shortly afterwards, poof, he creates a new CND in different clothing and calls it Hell. And MA allows it.

If you don't see a problem with that, I don't know what to say. :umn:

Neverdie sells CND.

Shortly afterwards, poof, he creates a new CND in different clothing and calls it Hell. And MA allows it.

If you don't see a problem with that, I don't know what to say. :umn:

Yes, people are stupid and blind sorry....

Once again:

Development of something like hell takes some time and planning, so when ND was selling CND he had most of the plans for Hell completed....

And that is the problem!

How different are the resources in Hell?

I think the resources would be the deciding factor here, the 20 caves/20 domes thing is similar, but is that really important??

The real question is was Foma informed that the "CND/FORTUNA" template was available for the use by any PP who chose to use it, or was he given the impression that he was buying a unique playing land/structure?

Yes Foma is an asteroid, and hell consists of 20 "mines" but the basic structure/concept is the same, and isn't that what Foma bought?
Now it appears that anyone can have a "CND" on their planet.

Feeling very sad for Foma right now, and disappointed in MA for allowing this to happen.

copy+paste isn't cheating...

withholding information isn't cheating...

copying stuff just makes both the copy and the original bland and tasteless, like cola and pepsi or McDonalds and Burger King, it's all fodder for whatever type of sheep you as the reader probably will desist from accepting your existence as :dunce:

If you feel like you've been had.. well, you probably have, and it's probably for the better! :laugh:

I didnt know back when i made the account that there would be so many stupid ppl in here :laugh::laugh::laugh: Dont worry about nit picking, i can breath in the detail ;)

And who's the bigger fool?

The fool that knows no better or the fool that toys with them to feel they are better?

I am kind of surprised that people have such high expextations from entropia loot platform. As far as I understand (or seen so far) there is either the regular mining loot distribution and the Asteroid type with faster bombing. It leaves not much choice to the pp's in terms of originality. Only the coating can be changed. So be prepared to see same system in forms of hells, monkey ranches, neverlands etc...

I have a very very vague memory that the original specs for CND (a PDF one could get from MindArk) contained the phrase "...unique mining system". Maybe someone who still has the document can correct me if i am wrong.

Well, it probably was back in the day. The mining finder descriptions we no have very much hints that you pretty much select a "multiplier" for an area, and as a result the mining finder range grows or shrinks and with it hit rate and find size also changes automaticly.

Last edited:
I dont really see the problem here. You have to be on RT to go to hell, right?

And as a PP you have the right to add as many LA's as you like. Sure hell has the same mechanics as foma, not very original but ok.

Actually, its public information that the availability of land areas and extras like space stations / etc is tied to the number of active accounts. Has been said by both representatives of SDS and Arkadia.

having read through all posts in this thread makes one thing apparent ...

the vast majority disagrees with hell and that fact that ND yet once again is doing whatever he thinks fits. From a very subjective point of view I can say that it is very obvious that he isn't the brightest bulb ever been lit in a dark room, but somehow it makes me wonder about MA's brightness as well ...

After introducing a mass of ES500's (not before reducing the borrowing amount at his own bank to zero), after having his own gang discovering a lot of items his team created, after introducing Calypso based mobs on RT, after countless other obvious offenses against the EULA, now hell ...

It does make me wonder, and tbh quite scared to see how bright MA itself is? At the end of the day, if ND manages to bring this game down (and from my point of view, he is on the right track of doing so), then MA isn't benefitting itself.

Angel

PS: Kimmi, seriously fail to understand why YOU have gone to hell ... You were one of the ppl owning an ES500 for a very long time and you have lost, thanks to ND, 10 times the amount that little baby hof gave you last night... Me in your postion would show ND my middle finger and not ever go hunting/mining on his planets ... But hey, that's just me having a backbone.

It might have been a bit deceptive selling CND if ND knew then that Hell was in store. But I really don`t see anything wrong with him creating it for RT. After all he is a planet partner and is expected to develop his planet and accompanying asteroids, instances and incarnations whatever they may be with a nod from MA. Once again I think the sticking point for people is his blurring of the player/partner line due to the slow transition of his status away from actual player.

And granted the template for Hell did`nt require any work or imagination. I expected something more like a big land area, an Ancient Greece or something like that. I never pictured Hell to be a series of cubicles. But I do like the looks of things there aside from the fact that the domes(don`t know if I`ll get used to saying mines) are pretty much all the same in layout. Though the binary dome(there I go again) is pretty cool looking. I think it will provide that old CND, FOMA flavor of mining for his planet. And I`m good with that. It`s like a higher stakes area.

Like everything else too I`m sure it`s a work in progress. Though I wish there were some smaller mobs there. I won`t even bother with what is there now solo. What I feel even more though is that there should have been more blueprints released before Hell to give more uses for all the junk we find. But that`s an old issue.

Now the funny part. ND had to unload CND. Now he is simply telling everyone to go to Hell. And most of us seem happy to oblige!:laugh:

Back