Is EU the first MMORPG game you have played?

Is PE / EU the first MMORPG you have played?

• Total voters

safara

Mutated
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Angel Spike Sunny
Simple question.

Is Project Entropia / Entropia Universe the first MMORPG you have played.

It is certainly the first one I have ever played. Joined it 2 1/2 years ago havng never played anything that interacted with others online.

Please no mention of other games :)

Poll is public.

Last edited:
Just a reminder...

Rule # 15 said:
Discussion of computer games or MMORPGs other than EntropiaUniverse is NOT allowed. Any and all such threads or posts will be deleted. Naming, making reference to, or linking to games or game websites other than EntropiaUniverse is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. All references and links of this kind will be removed, including those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures.

So if this thread is to continue please keep Rule #15 in mind, I already have my finger on the lock button. ;)

Yes! :)

Jamhot

:censored:
Just a reminder...

So if this thread is to continue please keep Rule #15 in mind, I already have my finger on the lock button. ;)

Then move your finger :D

but thanks for reminding us the rules ;)

:tiphat:

I've played others... they are : :censored: and :censored: ...

Nope, played some other MMO before EU.

I said yes, but this is really the first game that i have played that was not 100% text driven.

But this is the best one i have ever played.

I'm on a mini-vacation atm and don't have a computer to get on to play...i've proved to myself i'm not addicted...but i have also proved that it is truely a relaxing past time that is miss and don't want to give up any time soon.

Actually EU isnt an MMORPG.

A mmorpg has certain aspects and things in it that eu does lack, by game design definition that is.

EU is a MMO though, but i would rather like to call it a MMUP, ie massive multiplayer user platform. I had another definition some weeks ago i think but it was about the same thing.

Just a reminder...

OK, point taken MB. And this does show my naivety on the other games out there. I have not played them.

Maybe I should say something along along the lines of,

"Is PE / EU the first online game you have played?

Would that fit within the rules??

I dont want to know what other games people have have played online - I just want to know if PE/EU is the first one they have played.

No need to mention any other games, and this was not inferred in the op.

Please amend the OP and the poll MB if you feel it goes against EF rules.

Just a simple yes/no question...

Been playing MMO's and FPS since the beginning. So no.

NO

...........................................NO....................................... :D

No Entropia Universe is not the first MMO I have played, I have 4 MMO's under my belt, I have been playing MMO's since early 2000.

:wtg:Keep on Keeping on!!!

yep it was the first i played and i dont think anything can pull me away no matter how pissed i get at it.

Third.

A year in 1st one, a year in the 2nd one and just shy of 2 years in this one.

Have about 20 mmorpgs under the belt between retail/beta testing em. 10+ years of online gaming can rack em up quick and within the month I'll be adding on a couple more games through more beta testing. I'm here in EU to stay though it just has so much potential if MA doesn't mess it up!

Been playing MMO's and FPS since the beginning. So no.

Well now you say that, i been playing fps from word go too, in fact my first foray into 'online' fps gaming was on the dreamcast playing...(edited it out but it's 'what you'd do in your boots if you saw a ghost' - one word ) rhymes with 'shake' :laugh: and it was the third installment i think.

Happy days! :D :handgun:

Jamhot

i played another multiplayer online game for some time, but it was not an MMORPG, since there was not a single world, or universe, but separate simultaneous games with a few players each (hint: d..bl. II lol)

this is the first with a single persistent universe.

NO.

PE is an MMO not an MMORPG. There is no RP and MA keeps denying they are a G...though they have no qualms accepting awards with G prominently in the title of the award.

Actually, I'm not sure if the first M is that M when you think about active players vs accounts registered for a free-to-register game.

I guess PE is just a "MO" ;)

It's not a game, but virtual life for me.

I don't play it, i live it ...for now. :)

And it's not first one.

First one was / is.. Freelancer ...not exactly mmorpg, but anyway. ;)

Last edited:
Yep, The EULA says it all. Entropia is not a game, it's a service.

That being said, I have played an MMORPG before, back in the spring of 1996 I was a beta tester of the first MMORPG that was recognizable as such by the standards of today.

M59 is a member of the Virgo cluster of galaxies.

The Mauser M59 was produced by Kongsberg Arms of Norway but was not a licensed product of Mauser.

The M59 was designed as a lower-cost alternative to the M75 armored infantry vehicle.

Wouldn't want to violate any rules...

AG

not the first one and not the last one ;)

cheers!

Yep, The EULA says it all. Entropia is not a game, it's a service.

That being said, I have played an MMORPG before, back in the spring of 1996 I was a beta tester of the first MMORPG that was recognizable as such by the standards of today.

M59 is a member of the Virgo cluster of galaxies.

The Mauser M59 was produced by Kongsberg Arms of Norway but was not a licensed product of Mauser.

The M59 was designed as a lower-cost alternative to the M75 armored infantry vehicle.

Wouldn't want to violate any rules...

AG

I've been playing MMORPGs for over 16 years. Believe it or not the genre is a bit older than that.

The first Dextar was born a bit over 16 years ago in a world provided by America Online. Version 1.0 ( I still have my original AOL disc somewhere around here) There is another MMORPG with the same name currently operating but they are not related save for the name and the fact they were both from the Old RPG AD&D.

When we played that game in 1991-1992 most of us were using Modems like the Goldstar GSM 2400 (600 baud) with the Blazing connect speed of 2.4 kbit/s :D
(to give you an idea of just how slow that is my first cable modem connected at something like 38,000/10,000 kbit/s :rofl:

I've played just about all the Major MMORPGs that have been available to USA players.

Dex :cool:

Entropia Universe is my second MMO game I've played :)

I took a break from the internet for two years (i know i know :rolleyes:) and in that time MMORPG's became popular with the onset of cheap ADSL/2+. Definitely not my first MMO though :)

I was researching Star Wars Galaxies when I stumbled across a news article about Project Entropia. Tha rest is history. No other online games before or since then. For better or for worse.............

Doc

Apart from online FPSs this is the 1st MMO I have played.

Yes it is and so far still the only one but am anticipating two more coming up, both supposedly to be in 2.5D. (I think the others fall under a different category)

However, I have been in other online MMO-like 2D, 2.5D and 3D social environments, the only difference is that you didn't have mobs to shoot.

Dextar,

While there were many previous offerings, the one I cite was the first graphic based, first person view multiplayer game on the internet. While many other previous games had elements of this, the game which shall remain nameless to appease the powers that be was pretty much the first thing that you could look back and say "That's a MMORPG like I play these days".

Hey, wasn't R2D2s shiny golden colored friend named 3d0?

AG

Back