FYI: Land owners buying a TP...

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Don't name them after yourself.

This tip will increase the value of your LA by 5000 PED and comes to you free of charge.

Name them after me!

This tip will decrease the value of you'r LA by at least 5,000 PED and comes to you free of charge.

Nea's Place
Rei's Defence

MegaVolt camp

Are you suggesting they name them after their richer neighbors that bailed them out like the Burj Khalifa?

I think Oleg is right, a good name would make that spot nice. It is a business afterall... Still people like to be a founder of something great. Someone famous would make that spot more interesting.

hmmm but then again that TP can be named after your loveones yeh it would be very nice as wel.

Can be a very good valentine present or birthday present or memorial.

At this momment I am too obessed with peds. if I ever get the chance I will call it Pedalot :) ah wel maybe bad idea -> if they see if must think that LA is proably over taxed hehehehe

disagree...

I disagree wholeheartedly. Naming a TP something like EXOSAUR LAND, etc. would be incredibly stupid since future investors would have troubles if they didn't want exo on there. Same goes for any other name related to any in game items.

Naming it something like LA south of Neas would be silly since in the future, LA locations might change?

Naming it something like LAND TO GET RICH ON would just probably make people not want to come there, just like naming it DON'T WALK ON THE GRASS will likely get you a lot of people walking on the grass.

Guess you could follow in Neverdie's footsteps when he named the Dragons and name it after some dead celebrity so that you can open yourself up to a lawsuit from their estate, and make them turn over in their grave, making them possibly come back to haunt you later... (Elvis Dragon, Joplin Dragon, etc.)

Name them all "Fap BH"
:lolup:
:nana:

Name it - WhoRepresents... ( WhorePresents)

I named my TP "Z's little farm" after my game name initial and I have absolutely no regrets. I feel I have added my stone to the universe (costing a whopping 100K) increasing the visits on my LA but also providing a TP in a place that really needed one (there was a huge gap between shinook and New Switzerland).

I got thanked many times by miners and other players for adding this TP, and I'm glad I did :)

Nea's Place
Rei's Defence

MegaVolt camp

Buying MegaVolt camp for 100k bottles of sweat :yay:.

Well if your reputation is good when selling LA i think it may end on small plus. But i agree that naming LA with any particular name is risky :).

Falagor
:bandit:

I named my TP "Z's little farm" after my game name initial and I have absolutely no regrets. I feel I have added my stone to the universe (costing a whopping 100K) increasing the visits on my LA but also providing a TP in a place that really needed one (there was a huge gap between shinook and New Switzerland).

I got thanked many times by miners and other players for adding this TP, and I'm glad I did :)

the name stands out nice move.

I don't mind naming after a person. If I was going to buy a LA, it wouldn't bother me if it was named after the player who put the TP there. (unless it was a dumb name like "Boobgirl Juicy Wet" or something equally inane.) Atami's Paradise, Z's Farm, Nea's Place, they will always be that no matter who owns them, That's okay with me.

But I would have second thoughts about buying a LA that had the mob's name if I had no plans to continue having that mob there. But that wouldn't be so bad either, quickly people would learn that "Ahh... The Estophylls" had no estophylls if I bought it and changed to another mob.

Do we know for a fact MA won't let a person change the name? What used to be Palms Corner (see here:https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/about-entropia-universe/164043-teleporters-screenies-map-coords-vu10.html is now Silver Ridge. (although this location is not in an OLA, I guess MA can rename anything they want.)

Do we know for a fact MA won't let a person change the name?

They already did that :)
The teleporter that has been named teleporter for some days (at Ouback #6) got its name changed :)

Its a row in a table in the database, simple sql update will change it, don't know why they wouldn't be able to do that for any owner.

I'm all for naming them "OLA-###" to keep it simple.

If one was to buy a LA with a TP on it should they not get the right to name it? If a LA owner buys a TP should they not get the right to name it as well? If someone wishes to change the name of a TP they own then that would attract a fee of course. But I agree that should you choose a name choose wisely. Name brands are always worth more. Personally I like the names Ashi, Notus and Eos for their characteristics. Land marks like Jurra Plateau, Z's Little Farm and Oyster Isle are also good.

Picking a name is not a problem because people always remember the mobs or "place I got that good loot" , "the place I Hoffed at" and "I never get loot there". :laugh:

If you decide to sell your LA, will you only sell it to someone whose name begins with Z?

If not, they might have to pay 5k PED to change it, which probably means they will want to pay you 5k less.

Well that Z could stand for Zorro and under the mask it could be anyone we know.

If you decide to sell your LA, will you only sell it to someone whose name begins with Z?

If not, they might have to pay 5k PED to change it, which probably means they will want to pay you 5k less.

rofl, and probablly they will pay a lot more as there already is an TP (it will cost 100k to get 1 installed).

The name of the TP doesn´t really matter, even if TPs name is Coldest Spot at the Darkest Edge of Hell ;)

Surely its stupid to name a TP about the mob that may be installed today, as you may change that in future, but naming a TP about a player or give it any other name, doesn´t got any impact on the value of a LA :)

A brand is determined by its fame, not by whether it is/contains a name or not. Look around in the RL world.

If that is worth 5K to the owner, it is only the buyer who decides whether to keep it or not. Changing Rei's Defense into something else would be a bad move for any buyer ... everyone knows it.

Personally, I believe people can do what they prefer and a thread like this is your opinion only, not free advice. Putting it like this sounds like you know everything and as a wise person you want to advice everyone. Thank god you for at least putting it for free ;)

Sorry for putting it like this, but I guess I use "free opinion" from both sides.
I hope you don't mind,

Atami

PS : My personal opinion is

1) Naming it after a mob is far more dangerous as the new buyer might want to use it for other mobs.

2) Some LA owners with multiple avatars would have a hard time choosing which avatar name to use in the LA

3) I used Atami because I like it and it puts the TP in the upper regions of the list. I and love to have my name on another object than the Tatami :D

Sorry Oleg, seems you are in the minority being bothered by this.

Sorry Oleg, seems you are in the minority being bothered by this.

I'm not bothered by it, it's just an observation. I'm not sure why some people are getting so defensive about it.

Just to pick up on one point:

1) Naming it after a mob is far more dangerous as the new buyer might want to use it for other mobs.

They might want to use it for other mobs, but they will definitely (well, almost definitely :D) not be called Atami :)

If I bought your LA I would certainly want to change the TP name, so it would be worth 5k less than an otherwise identical hypothetical LA.

I do think that putting a mob in the name is probably not a good move either though.

They might want to use it for other mobs, but they will definitely (well, almost definitely :D) not be called Atami :)

Kind of like how Qetesh has tried to change the name of Nea's Place.

Oh wait, he hasn't. (To the best of my knowledge)

Name your TP whatever you want....because you can. After all if you can afford a land area and a teleporter to put on it then the 5k PED difference in what someone might offer you should you decide to sell is trivial.

Well that Z could stand for Zorro and under the mask it could be anyone we know.
Soon we'll see all TPs named 000Land or AAAUberland so that they show up at the top of the tp list since it's alphabetic, lol.

The most obvious name to give a TP on a LA would be "LA-X TP" then anyone now, or in the future, trying to get to that LA will be able to with no problems.

I would suspect that future purchasers of LA's might possibly pay a slight premium if the name of the TP is actually going to help bring in customers, by actually reflecting the LA it sits on.

Imagine if the Underground station for Paddington railway station was called "Heathrow" just cos the bloke who built it had the same name as the airport!

Now there is an Idea, buy a crappy LA, and name the TP after a big & popular one, and get loads of hunters thinking they are some-where else!

Kind of like how Qetesh has tried to change the name of Nea's Place.

Oh wait, he hasn't. (To the best of my knowledge)

All a matter of choice :)

Nea's Place is already an established brand and not named after a previous owner so it's a somewhat different situation, though that doesn't make it an invalid comparison.

All a matter of choice :)

Nea's Place is already an established brand and not named after a previous owner so it's a somewhat different situation, though that doesn't make it an invalid comparison.

I think it is named after a player called Nea and it's a good comparison. If I was to buy an LA which had a tp with someone elses name so what? I see no reason in changing it if it is an established name and is well known. The name adds character and adds history to the LA. This is a good thing because most towns and places are the same it's not like vu9 where each town had character. So adding character to the game is a plus point in my opinion.

I would only change the name if it wasn't doing so well and I could come up with a much better name.

Back