Medusa's Head Virtual Property to be Auctioned on Planet Calypso

I bet 1 million ped all I have in life...

Boosting 2010 with deposits?

I am not sure that people depositing for the sale will boost the 2010 results as much as you might think. If I recall correctly, people notifying MA of deposits over $50k specifically for bidding on Medusa can subsequently withdraw without the usual fees?

So, if 10 people deposit 2 million ped each ($200k), only one can actually win. Does it not follow then, that the remaining 9 will take their money back out under the 'no fees' clause?

Given that assumption, MA could not realistically report all 10 lots of income in 2010 without also considering a provision against 9 lots being withdrawn early in 2011. I don't think proper accounting practice would allow them to ignore the possibility.

Just my :twocents:

Ff

PS. I bid one arm and one leg. (although I suspect this may not be enough!)

I ama bit drunk.

I have a vtol which I like.
I feel like I am the one that hasn't hears about entropia.

How do you feel?

I am not sure that people depositing for the sale will boost the 2010 results as much as you might think.

your forgeting that it ends on Jan 3rd, if for them the financial year ends on December 31st then all of the deposits made before then will be counted. Jan 1st and Jan 2nd are New years day and a Sunday both of which banks will not be operating to the public so no transfers are likely to happen, any deposits made specifically for a bid will have to be made on or before December 30th to allow for a 24hour transfer window.

Counting them as income will result as more tax :scratch2: provided they've made a profit.

What it will do is get more new players chasing an easy $.

Depositing may well count as revenue but would be a liability in the books....would not effect profit/loss except perhaps interest earned on the cash deposit for a few days.

Depositing may well count as revenue but would be a liability in the books....would not effect profit/loss except perhaps interest earned on the cash deposit for a few days.

Liabilities are Capital, not Profit/Loss, so yes, all the under-bids will also count as Revenue (if deposited).

Jan 3rd is about the only date which would achieve this, for the Bank Holiday reasons already given. An end date in December would have given the under-bidders time to give withdrawal instructions before December 31st.

Mindark may not still make a profit, but a reduced Loss might keep them in business.

Of course they then start 2011 with a Loss, assuming the underbids are withdrawn, but this could become an annual event, moving Revenue forward. Bidders will of course take into account that there is a lot of Sea between Eudoria and Amathera, room for many as yet undiscovered islands.

Last edited:
Scips and Sumima aren't exactly new......

Ah missed that part, thanks :D
Anyway it will go cheap, as I won't be bidding. :laugh:

All bidders wont withdraw on 3rd January if they didnt get the Islands.

Some will keep the cash ingame and buy something else, theres always tons of thing to invest in, especially when prices are low... ;)

All bidders wont withdraw on 3rd January if they didnt get the Islands.

Some will keep the cash ingame and buy something else, theres always tons of thing to invest in, especially when prices are low... ;)

Good point. Uber armor is way down. Skill prices are low. Lots of nice buys in game for the right people right now (not me, but people with more disposable income).

I hope the new Medusa´s Head islands do not look exactly like
the area around Fort Troy.

Someone could depo 500k, do a bid & withdrawl 1 million ped cheap?

Notice that the Medusa release have been pushed back a day to December 8th (Wednesday).

Also, here is a map of Medusa with the LandArea's overlapping for those interested:
map.jpg

Do we really need more LAs ? Some of the existing ones are not even profitable anymore...

Whoever wins this island needs to consider how much time they have to recoup their investment before several new planets come online.

Plus the problem that each planet can create own landscapes. I really feel sorry for buzz now, this might hurt CP pretty hard :(.

Someone could depo 500k, do a bid & withdrawl 1 million ped cheap?

I would imagine its limited to the original amount, even if this is not stated :D But you could certainly do the reverse - depo 1 Mil and withdraw any amount of it you did not use for investments cheap. Or really, if buying a LA, you could depo it cheap, contact MA saying it was for Medusa, and then bid, get outbid and withdraw it if the LA investment fell through.

Plus the problem that each planet can create own landscapes. I really feel sorry for buzz now, this might hurt CP pretty hard :(.

Might. Might not. He still has the CP and there are two iron missions too. He also seems to know what to do with what he has. Looking at what has happened with a lot of LA-s and some CND domes, the periods of time people can think forward are often much shorter than the much-maligned shortsightedness of MA. There is no guarantee the Medusa's Head will be an interesting place to go to any time after it has been sold.

Except possibly for iron missions. But thats just like if people only went to CP to shoot 100 Aurli + 100 Kreltin. And even that could be barred if the LA-s started off with high taxes.

Notice that the Medusa release have been pushed back a day to December 8th (Wednesday).

by release, you mean it will be possible to go there? Check out the spawns etc?

Whoever wins this island needs to consider how much time they have to recoup their investment before several new planets come online.

Well selling 24 rent free shops and 8 LA's should make a fair amount back. Almost as if they were getting the island for free and getting other people to pay for it ;)

And lets face it 24 rent free apartments will be bought by the 'investors'.

tbh they could probably make far more selling each bit seperately but then it would not generate as much press.

Rent free shops means that shops can stay open even if nothing is in them to be sold. :eek:

WOW ! Gonna Be a double dose content release on Wednesday - Calypso Content and the long awaited Next Island Planet and Content Release, First Planet Company could have got a days break on Next Island (even though official opening of Next Island is the 10th Dec) - but i think us Entropians may have access from tomorrow. Interesting Days ahead - and what will the 2 indigenous mobs be i wonder - Uber mobs with Super HP or Medium Size Regen mob for the veterans and teams. Or noob mobs which i doubt very much.

Regarding the size of the land. If you pick 3 of the large LandArea's on Amethera, and 5 of the small LandArea's, that's comparable in size.

This is the Map of Medusa:

And this is a map of Medusa with the LandArea's overlapping:

From these you should get a good idea of how much water is involved.

• These will be the natural spawns of the islands: Gokibusagi, Prancer, Allophyl, Berycled, Snarg, Estophyl, Itumatrox, Caudatergus, Cornundacauda, Hiyuru, Tripudion. In addition, some puny's will also spawn outside the residential area. These are the spawns that is not available to control via the DNA, but the land-manager will be able to have them removed.
(A mistake was made when we first went out with the information about Medusa, it was said that these spawns could be moved once; however that is not correct. They can only be removed. The info-page have been updated.)
There will also be fish in the waters around the islands, such as Calypsocods, Razortooths and Rippersnappers. In most cases they won't be covered by the Land Area.
• Hunting Lodge is what you know as the Shed, however it is redesigned to fit with the Medusa Theme.
• We have no plans of removing or touching any existing spawns of any of these mobs.
• Regarding any future development, the proprietor of the estate will have contact with FPC staff.

There's some points which will make more sense at our next Content Release, which is now scheduled for Wednesday the 8th December as the release now have unfortunately been pushed back one day.
There's five days available for anyone who's interested in acquiring the deed to be able to hands-on experience the area before December 13th, when the auction is planned to start.

Saw this post from Hanne in another thread so just thought id put it in here.

ooo, I feel the founder of MarcoLeaks emerging :laugh:

Marco is Leaking? :eyecrazy:

Quick - someone loots him some diapers!

On Topic: Honestly, an other LA.... who is going to Hunt/Mine there? Can´t see that there are so many new players now that it would be a good idea to sell a new LA THAT big (sorry.. i did not mean sell, selling might be a good idea - i mean "Buying")

The property will be available for viewing from December 7

I assume this require a FPC update or atleast a MA update. it is the 7th already but I seemed to miss any update /server going down message.

Or maybe the island is already online and only need to be discovered maybe ?

Like mentioned before, unfortunately our release have been pushed back to December 8th. There will be a Content Release indeed, where the Medusa property will be unveiled.

I assume this require a FPC update or atleast a MA update. it is the 7th already but I seemed to miss any update /server going down message.

Or maybe the island is already online and only need to be discovered maybe ?

Wont be avalible until tomorrow, released got pushed one day :eyecrazy:

Like mentioned before, unfortunately our release have been pushed back to December 8th. There will be a Content Release indeed, where the Medusa property will be unveiled.

Wont be avalible until tomorrow, released got pushed one day :eyecrazy:

Then I missed that annoucement somewhere on the clientloader :)

Will it be possible to swim/boat/fly to the new island or will it only be possible to go there by teleporter ?

Last edited:
Will it be possible to swim/drive/fly to the new island or will it only be possible to go there by teleporter ?

I think it was stated before by Hanne that you will use a teleporter to travel there and it will be free. Would be real nice if you can swim, fly, or boat there though.

Back