Info: Mindforce 3X skills

Bones

Elite
In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next t
Society
Skillin Villains
Bare BareBones Bones
In the chat session last week with Frank/Mindark I believe there was mention of 3X skill events and how they will stop.

I would hope that the events continue but in a more directed fasion such as the mining/crafting event that is currently running.

I would think that giving 3X mindforce skills would prompt many to take up the profession or continue skilling in it.

The new players would benefit from sweat prices temporarily raising due to the added demand , as well as nexus prices would raise due to the need for ME.

I would like to see a spirited discussion on this idea.

Bones

I think it is a great idea. Mindforse needs a boost and it cna help the noobs as well. Would be a great time for new players to join. Maybe even a bonus for current players to reccomend the game to others.

there needs to be more chips out there for people to skill towards, hardly a stampeed to skill to use a 40k chip :rolleyes:

I like it, I think its a win win. Add in some new L long range tp chips and it would be about perfect :D

In the chat session last week with Frank/Mindark I believe there was mention of 3X skill events and how they will stop.

There was? :scratch2: I don't remember that part.

I suggested a Mindforce skilling event a while ago. In my opinion it's definitely an area that could use this kind of boost to get people using it, though it's really the lack of decent equipment and wasteful nature of mindforce that lets it down, not the skilling.

Hunting with nerve blast is still going to have shocking eco, however many skills you get, and in fact it'd be even worse during a skill event as the price of ME would no doubt rise substantially.

There was? :scratch2: I don't remember that part.

Heres a small quote from the transcript , though it might have been directed to just the mining event I first took it as all skill events which I now think I read it wrong.

wizzszz: hmm, will the 2x skillgain madness finally stop then, please?
Coachman: Yes the problem above.net - Can it be solved please !!!
BlackHawk: You ever considered to change the PED/USD to PED/EURO or any other currency? Can we expect something like that for future?
Legion: wizz, when all parts are found and half have been found so yes
Frank|FPC: Ciobyna: I haven't heard anyhting about switching carrier
Ciobyna: *boo*
Sub-Zero: Frank with the RL economic crisis.. somehow it has been affecting EU? (loot) avg returns seems worse then as usal
DistantSun: cheers for the update :)
Jamhot: Have you been following the coverage of Champions League on JamhotTV ? :)
wizzszz: well, my question aimed more at possible future events, the 2x skillgain was no good idea
sitram: I'm here
Frank|FPC: Wizzszz: Yes the skill gains will stop, but the maddness is up to you:)

Hunting with nerve blast is still going to have shocking eco, however many skills you get, and in fact it'd be even worse during a skill event as the price of ME would no doubt rise substantially.

I agree that ME might go up in price for the event , but as it does so will sweat and that would be good for sweaters who need a boost once in awhile as we all do.

As far as the price of ME , unless the ME went up more than double it would still be a good gain for skills and its still possible that more people will sweat if the market is greater.

It would also be a good test to see if enhancements to the mindforce system would stimulate the sweat market.

Bones

Mindforce is one of the "coolest" things in game but it is sad that it's eco seems to be so bad that it is kinda no use in hunting etc. More chips and some really nice features would undoubtly boost the use of MF sky high. Would give noobs some value for sweat too ;)

Even tho. My opinion is that maybe 1% of the n00bs who doesnt depo ain't gonna continue after some weeks :(

Mindforce is one of the "coolest" things in game but it is sad that it's eco seems to be so bad that it is kinda no use in hunting etc. More chips and some really nice features would undoubtly boost the use of MF sky high. Would give noobs some value for sweat too ;)

Even tho. My opinion is that maybe 1% of the n00bs who doesnt depo ain't gonna continue after some weeks :(

I agree that it is a very cool part of the game , I use it on a daily basis to heal and teleport.

In other discussions with Marco and Frank they have continually promised enhancements to the Mindforce system and I am sure they will come , and I think now would be a good time to get people interested again in using it.

It is true not many new players stay in the game after they get a taste of what it takes to be successful. I do not think this game is for everyone , it is not a Candy Dungeon ( what we used to call modules for Dungeons and Dragons made by people , that gave away too many powerful weapons and items ) , this game is for people dedicated to hardcore skilling and real time investment.

Bones

Mindforce is one of the "coolest" things in game but it is sad that it's eco seems to be so bad that it is kinda no use in hunting etc.

True, MA could probably change this by adding a new functionnality to force nexus, and change the way the ME is made.

For example: 1 ME would be now 1 sweat, 1 dung and 1 fruit. If the sum of all 3 is around 1 pec, the eco would be normal and people would skill mindforce more.

They could even replace dung and fruit by something else so we can find something else on the floor or have another activity like sweating which would give the noobs another way of getting ped.

It would be great with a 3x mindforce skill event :yay:

there needs to be more chips out there for people to skill towards, hardly a stampeed to skill to use a 40k chip :rolleyes:

I think that more implants or the abilty to have more than one would also help.

How many people are stuck now because one MF skill is low and prevents them implanting a higher level implant to skill MF hunting or healing etc etc.

I'd like to see (L) implants to help with this. Maybe even a few (L) chips at the higher levels would be cool too...wormhole, ressurection, firestorm etc. At least skilling would have a goal and be fun then wouldn't it?

t

For example: 1 ME would be now 1 sweat, 1 dung and 1 fruit. If the sum of all 3 is around 1 pec, the eco would be normal and people would skill mindforce more.

The price of ME would raise since you won't get as much fruit/dung/stones/whatever as Force Nexus. It's hard to skill MF without a steady supply of ME.

Well I have a set of starter chips but only really use the teleport one in anger...

Its cool and is something thats not achievable any other way. Every time I think the others are getting worthwhile I realise my calcs are outta wack. Really MF won't take off till MA address the 'balance'. I think it must be a tricky one for them to deal with though due to the connection with sweat. We know from past experience that sweat can be a very hotly debated subject and its 'value' be that percieved or otherwise has fluctuated massively.

I think a 3x event would be good but would have side effects on the market so maybe the MF issue is one that is best left till it can be fixed properly.

I think its one MA might do well to consult with the community on. I know they said for example that they wouldn't change stats on items but in the MF case maybe an exception could be made if enough people wanted it....

Alternatively you need L MF stuff or just new things that compare ok with other methods.

I'd say leave things for now, get vu10 out the way and stick MF and taming at the top of the priority list. (after all the vu10 bugs I mean :laugh:)

Wistrel

I am pretty sure this is gonna happen. Marco did say that the 2 or 3 in 1 skills will continue in all areas of life :D So I am sweating already to be ready for it :yay:

The price of ME would raise since you won't get as much fruit/dung/stones/whatever as Force Nexus. It's hard to skill MF without a steady supply of ME.

It was just an example. It could be 3 sweat will make 1 ME.

Gotta agree... atm I see no reason to skill up the MF area. It is simply not attractive.

wizzszz: hmm, will the 2x skillgain madness finally stop then, please?
Frank|FPC: Wizzszz: Yes the skill gains will stop, but the maddness is up to you

I think Frank was referring to the current event.... not all events planned and unplanned.

I would love 3x skills for mf, it is an area I lack in skillwise. But atm I just can not be bothered to skill it up because it is so slow :rolleyes:

All this events with 2x or 3x skillgain are good only for newcomers.
It raise amount of experience gained but not frequency of skill gains.
After certain level when you start to have series of 30 or 40 heals without any skillgain u realise that 3x nothing is still nothing.
As for hunting too - there are skills you get frequently and those get that 3x bonus and there are other skills stuck on certain level and their gain is so sporadic that is again valid formula 3x nothing is still nothing.

All this events with 2x or 3x skillgain are good only for newcomers.
It raise amount of experience gained but not frequency of skill gains.
After certain level when you start to have series of 30 or 40 heals without any skillgain u realise that 3x nothing is still nothing.
As for hunting too - there are skills you get frequently and those get that 3x bonus and there are other skills stuck on certain level and their gain is so sporadic that is again valid formula 3x nothing is still nothing.

True... but at least with hunting and mining events there are (L) items with SIB that can (rumor has it) increase the amount of skills so more bang for the PED. MindForce, AFAIK, has no SIB items... or if there are some they are more rare than Rugaritz.

Because of how MindForce has been neglected, it is almost a dead art (except for people like you, Dan ;) )

It would be great with a 3x mindforce skill event :yay:

yes it would for some but for the mindless ones out there it would not help much at all

and yes i am one of the mindless ones

True... but at least with hunting and mining events there are (L) items with SIB that can (rumor has it) increase the amount of skills so more bang for the PED. MindForce, AFAIK, has no SIB items... or if there are some they are more rare than Rugaritz.

Be)

Hmm all NB chips above lvl 3 has SIB i think. I doubt it helps at all though.

It was just an example. It could be 3 sweat will make 1 ME.

Sure, MA will rather support the non spending sweater than the decay producing miners.

Hmm all NB chips above lvl 3 has SIB i think. I doubt it helps at all though.

It probably does help, but it doesnt make up for the terrible economy of using those chips unless you have mad MF skills. The SIB for those chips ends at lvl 100, so your HA, min and max damage are in the toilet until very high lvls.

3x MF skill event SHOULD come with some new MF L chips , miners and crafters can find parts and mobs killed by MF can loot em ;)

problem solved and MF given a good injection of life it needs other than my hardcore MF'er soc mate sheep most people get bored after PC me included, I cant pay 40k for chips I want so whats the point for me?

I think I'd hit the sweat farm again and raise up the lower skills :D

3x MF skill event SHOULD come with some new MF L chips , miners and crafters can find parts and mobs killed by MF can loot em ;)

problem solved and MF given a good injection of life it needs other than my hardcore MF'er soc mate sheep most people get bored after PC me included, I cant pay 40k for chips I want so whats the point for me?

Yeah Madsheep does more mindforce than anybody I know... I think he'd appreciate some new toys :)

Errrmm... Guys, if you remember the 3x skill in november or when it was? The first one? It was valable for MF too...

I like it, but we need more chips for people to want to really skill in Mindforce :) Also please start the event in two months when my exams are over pretty please? ;)
Frankenberry

Please no more skill events! The prices are rediculous low already due to the crisis I think, and these events increases it even more.

Its all nice and stuff to get more skills, but if they realy want to make us happy, just remove the skillnerf. (and give us skill increases for every gain we had via the old skill system, and I would be 100/100 by now)

Back