My Swunting Experiment

xillonz

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
Salix Sol Maximus
I described a method of swunting in another thread:https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/n00bs-corner/149409-how-optimise-your-fun-whilst-sweating-non-depos.html

Several months ago I deposited about 100 PED. I have been trying to find a way to make this grow, whilst also skilling up to graduate (this is proving near impossible), so I have decided to use my method on 40 of those peds to hopefully get to graduation much faster. :cool:

GOAL:
Reach graduation with 40 PEDS.
Current skill - Rifle: 433
Target skill - Rifle: 2000

I will swunt, and use 40 peds of ammo. I will then sell that loot, buy as much ammo as I can, and continue swunting. For every 80 peds of ammo I go through, I will put into storage 10 PEDS. I shall aquire these PEDS from sweating and finding rocks and fruit - along with any larger loots I get.

Loot rules: I shall TT all stackable low markup items (below 110%). All other items I will put into storage to sell when I have a large stack or for my own usage.

My setup:
Sollomate Opallo (unamped) (will consider amping it once my skills increase)
Omegatron M2100 (as a finisher)
No FAPs
No Armour

After I use the inital 40 PED, I shall post my loot value, and my sweat value. I shall continue posting this info between every Loot-Sell-Ammo-Buy session. I shall also track my skill increase.

I shall mainly hunt the mobs at Anok Sellims.

Sweating needed:
I am going to assume I can sell the sweat at 0.5 (as I can usually find a seller at this rate). Assuming my loot rate is 50%, in order to stay on schedule I shall need to collect 1 sweat for every 1 ammo I use + 3.8 PEDS worth of sweat every 9215 ammo used to cover Opallo decay + a bit extra for M2100 decay. If after 1 round, my loot rate is <50% I shall post this, as well as the sweat needed to collect to stay on schedule.

I shall continue with this until I graduate.
If anyone wants to come and say hi at Anok Sellims, or to offer to buy sweat at 0.5, it would be much appreciated.

And the Quest Begins.

Cool

Hi M8,

Well if you one day want some help just PM and ill help you kill the creatures if you like. Im at the moment just waiting for CE2 and will not spend anymore in the next month. I think i will go Super ECO. So send me a PM if you would like some company. :cool:

Kindly regards.

Lana

Great to see you post a goal here :)

I'll be watching this with interest, to see how you get on.

Start

Ammo: 4000
Rifle Skill: 433
Sweat: 0
Loot Value TT: 0
Loot Value MU:
Fruit/Rocks (in peds worth): 0
Opallo Condition: 100%
Peds in Storage: 61.35

(At this stage I am just using Opallo, I'll add the M2100 afterwards so I can compare my eco increase).

:cool:
Hope you add scanning to process...
I do 30 clicks on every mob I sweat dry...
beore I kill it...helps build skills...
:cool:
great challenge and good luck
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Good luck - I can't wait to see what your returns are like.

Im usually at twins mate, I buy almost all oils, wools, and hides (non mob wools/hides though). Some I give almost TT value as selling it yields very little profit, but your soft/thin/fine wools and hides, and muscle and eye oil are all very good.

Also I need muscle/eye oil for crafting, so give me a PM if you want to at least save some money, Im sure taking the time to sell for a bit of a markup is probably quicker then seating for the difference :).

Good luck Xillonz with your challenge. ;)

When I started summer 2007, I soon started to solo sweat and hunt
or swunt as it's called now.
I went north east of swamp in the field with daikiba's.
Back then loot was not too bad on them and I kept doing this for about 3 months.

In between I took time out to run teleporters and try some solo hunts.
I'm currious if you can do what I did at that time, I think it won't be easy now.
If I would do it again now, I think I would go for easy to hunt creatures like snable and daikiba.

Gear I used then I think was...
Full pixie
Opalo + a101
fap-50

I used to sweat them untill they attacked, then shoot and loot them.

Well again, good luck, I think you will do fine. ;)

thats pretty much what im doing now, and im swunting snabels and exas. and making a profit of it :) not a big one but i like it much more then having to depo.

thats pretty much what im doing now, and im swunting snabels and exas. and making a profit of it :) not a big one but i like it much more then having to depo.

Nice!
Somehow I can't make a profit doing the exact same setup as in OP.

Good luck, hope 40 PEDs is enough.

i started with 100 ped and an amped opalo.
now i got about 200 ped 6k ammo, but i got a bit lucky and got myself a ~130 ped global :D

as i see it the best way to go is to not TT anything at all, everything can be sold at mu. i think however that it will be realy hard to profit if you dont use a maxed out gun :/

End of Round 1

Ammo: 0
Rifle Skill: 483
Sweat: 1498
Loot Value TT: 23.98 PED
Loot Value MU: 27 PED
Fruit/Rocks (in peds worth): 0.5 PED
Opallo Condition: 89%
Peds in Storage: 61.35

First rounded started off well, with nearly an 80% loot return, slowed down a lot in the second half, bringing my TT loot return to 60%. Bad news was I only made 8 peds in sweat and fruit/rocks. Not even half my goal. I'll take the money from the above 50% loot return to help suppliment this. This comes to 15 ped. Meaning I need to gather 1000 more sweat (which I shall steal from the stuff I have in storage). I gathered 4 PED in armour pieces which I shall keep for now. Adding another 800 sweat needed to collect.

With respect to skills, the increase was marginal, I shall consider investing more PEDS into this project after the next round. The moral of the first round is I need to sweat moar (which isn't surprising, as my sweating was minimal compared to hunting). Instead of selling this loot now, I shall take out 20 ped from storage, and keep the loot for later to sell in a larger heap.

Start of Round 2

Ammo: 2000
Rifle Skill: 483
Sweat: 3103
Loot Value TT: 18 PED
Loot Value MU: 21 PED
Fruit/Rocks (in peds worth): 0.5 PED
Opallo Condition: 89%
Peds in Storage: 48

Greater emphasis will be placed on sweating this round. After 1000 ammo I shall stop and do some dedicated sweating/rock hunting.

Last edited:
End of Round 2

Rifle Skill: 509
Sweat: 4018
Loot Value TT: 25 PED
Loot Value MU: 30 PED
Fruit/Rocks (in peds worth): 2 PED
Opallo Condition: 84%
Peds in Storage: 50

Still not getting enough sweat, but with the rocks and the above 50% loot I'm not too far off.
I've rounded the values for ease of my calculator fingers whilst I am tired and taken a tiny bit off the TT value for the armour pieces that I am keeping. Peds in storage been increasing due to me tting the ammo I have recieved.

Will be better to keep the runs long so while I have them I will use 20 ped from storage rather than sell loot. Will be more eco in the long run. Still emulates my method, I just have a better shot at higher MU in the end.

1/4 of the way to graduation! :yay:

Start of Round 3

Ammo: 2000
Rifle Skill: 509
Sweat: 4018
Loot Value TT: 25 PED
Loot Value MU: 30 PED
Opallo Condition: 84%
Peds in Storage: 30

Final round before I sell all the loot, lets hope it goes well!

Keep it up there is post about one guy sweted up to master coat but I can’t find it.

If you can do it go for it.:)

You're doing quite well :) I started regular swunts recently but I am swunting with goblin (in order not to die and it's faster than switching to fap, though I think it's less eco) and I bought moderate focus chip. First two runs went well not that bad I think. First was 10 PED ammo and I actually made a little profit of 1 PED. Second was 15 PED ammo for which I got 15 PED tt of loot and 3k of sweat. Still it was not enough to cover decay of armor and focus chip. So I ended in a 13 PED loss, but you can say that loot and sweat covers the decay and I only need to sweat more to get ammo. I'm going to watch your progress and compare it with my strategy :) GL

End of Round 3, Phase 1

Rifle Skill: 533
Sweat: 5000
Loot Value TT: 47.7 PED
Loot Value MU: 54.7 PED
Opallo Condition: 79%
Peds in Storage: 36

Finished the first phase. The third round went great, profiting even without the sweat. Though I got lucky, and I really need to sweat more in Phase 2.

I started with just over 100 PED. I have used 80 PED and after selling the looted ammo, I have 36. Thus I need 64 PEDS worth of loot, sweat, and fruit/rocks. Plus another 10 for the savings I wanted to make between Phases.

With my 50 or so PED of loot, plus the 25 or so PED of sweat I have hit my target perfectly!!! :yay::yay::yay:
This is also not including the few armour pieces I picked up along the way.

I am slightly dissapointed at how little my skills went up, but there is not much I can do about that.

Now I have the job of selling all this stuff.

I will list the various items I have, to see if any readers are interested:

Snablesnot Skin Sold
Animal Muscle Oil Sold
Animal Oil Residue Sold
Paint Can (Green)
Animal Hide Sold
Soft Hide Sold
Daikaba Skin Sold
Basic Hair Colour Set Sold
Basic Target Assessment unit Sold
Basic Stone Extractor Sold
Wool Sold
Exarosaur Wool Sold
Thin Wool Sold
Basic Leather Extractor Sold
Basic Stone Extractor Sold
Hair Gel Sold
Superior Cloth Extractor Sold
SWEAT!!!!

Last edited:
Finished the first phase. The third round went great, profiting even without the sweat. Though I got lucky, and I really need to sweat more in Phase 2.

I can't believe you're profiting even without sweat. I've only been hunting a couple of times so far but I made back about a quarter of the cost of ammo. That's before you start factoring in astronomical repair costs.

As for sweat, from my experience this week selling it, and trying to sell it, I think the price is about to drop to .4. People are already starting to offer it this low because it's not selling. Noobs are having to spend more time standing around PA than doing anything else. It's not going to keep players.

Your experiment is interesting though, and quite thorough. Maybe I've been unlucky hunting so far.

Start of Round 1, Phase 2

Ammo: 4000
Rifle Skill: 536
Sweat: 0
Loot Value TT: 0 PED
Loot Value MU: 0 PED
Fruit/Rocks (in peds worth): 0 PED
Opallo Condition: 77%
Peds in Storage: 64

And here we are at the start again, so far so good.

The question can be asked as to why I just dont do the full 80 ped hunt. Two reasons.

One, if I split it up like this, it's easier to keep on top of the sweat.
Two, if people follow this method, they wont always have the full 80 ped available, so I'm trying to keep it as if I only had 40 ped to start with.

Lets hope this Phase goes as well as the last.

Suscribed.

Best of luck mate when you :sweat: em and then go in for the :sniper:

[edited]
as i see it the best way to go is to not TT anything at all, everything can be sold at mu. [edited]

Good words of advice right here.

End of Round 1, Phase 2

Rifle Skill: 579
Sweat: 1k
Loot Value TT: 27.65 PED
Loot Value MU: 29.3 PED
Fruit/Rocks (in peds worth): 0.3 PED
Opallo Condition: 67%
Peds in Storage: 71.16

Round went alright, average loot. Only thing notable was a severely decayed FAP-28 and pixie harness (which aren't included in the loot value, as I am keeping all non stacking items). Sweat was horrible, not helped by the sudden urge to kill some fouls. Going to have to do a load of sweating before the next round, as I can't rely on the great loot that I got before.

In other news, I was nearly offered to be a medic with my awesomely maxxed vivo T1. I imagine this isn't a common offer, so I was very dissapointed when I couldn't do it because I didn't have the right TP. But if any readers feel like helping me out and want me to heal them in return please pm me! :D

Trying to decide what I will do once the Opalo is maxxed, which is approaching fast. Any suggestions?

Till next round!

When your Opalo is maxxed...then you nail it lol. You still skill very nicely on a maxxed Opalo and of course being maxxed means more eco.

Your system seems to be keeping you in the average so why not keep at it with an Opalo for the eco value, taking what skill ups you gain toward laser sniper and hit and storing them so when you move up a gun you will be better eco with it from the get go :D

GL further

Trying to decide what I will do once the Opalo is maxxed, which is approaching fast. Any suggestions?

Till next round!

Definitely go for the a101 amp. You will increase your eco, killing speed, and skillgains.

Don't move up to the Breer M1a until you have close-to-maxed damage and HA with it.

Definitely go for the a101 amp. You will increase your eco, killing speed, and skillgains.

Don't move up to the Breer M1a until you have close-to-maxed damage and HA with it.

The a101 would be nice. But you can probably see that I don't have 60 odd PED to use (that is approx the current price yes?). :( I'll see what I can do though.

Forsaken

In the best interests of my conscience, I have a A101 that you can have. Its flatlined so shouldn't skew your results...just be like a mini golden era loot :)

drop me with a pm n I'll catch you IG.

Good luck you can achieve your goal.

Subscribed.

Back