Neverdie/Rocktropia Interview

The guys doing the interview aren't able to grasp the whole MMO/RCE thing. They also don't understand that RT is a planet within the Entropia Universe and all it's avatar controls are part of the Entropia Platform and NOT ND's creation.

IMO ND's part of the interview was cool. Him sharing his visions, etc. I do however think that the 2 doing the interview were quite ignorant and quick to cut up ND and Rocktropia quite obviously without doing their homework on the Entropia Universe.

Menace

The guys doing the interview aren't able to grasp the whole MMO/RCE thing. I do however think that the 2 doing the interview were quite ignorant and quick to cut up ND and Rocktropia quite obviously without doing their homework on the Entropia Universe.

Menace

DOOOOOD why did he pay $100,000 USD for a virtual rock? The guys an idiot!

That's the common reaction I see, and will predict, from the slobbering masses of the internet.

Agreed they didn't know what they were talking about
and they were quite rude to ND.

What I heard was, ND doesn't know what it says in the terms of use, he was talking for and looking for investors, not players, and because of that, never mentioned costs and so on for players.
Can't imagine anybody wanting to even check the website based on the interview.

It may seem amazing to y'all, but the way these guys look at this situation is how the general population has - and will for a long time - see situations such as the ones that are the subject of this interview.

I found it interesting though! And I do believe that the interviewers were asking questions that those who don't know so much about EU, might like answered... regardless of how rude they may have seemed some of the time.

Last edited:
I've never been to Adrenalin Vault before, but I took the time to actually listen to some of their other interviews and I think they actually have a very good perspective on the situation. They asked some very reasonable questions and gave ND every chance to describe his vision.

The best part of the interview was when ND explained that it is nowhere near what his actual vision is, that it is a work in progress, and that they should stick around for another 10 years to see what happens. Seriously, 10 years. You could hear them pause for a second, but they let it slide and quickly moved on to another question.

The sad thing is, that most of this interview reminded me of the scene in "This is Spinal Tap" where Nigel Tufnel is explaining to Rob Reiner how the knobs on his amps all go to 11. Honestly. A lot of the interview was painful, but you can't blame the interviewers for that.

After the interview is over, at about 50 minutes into the audio file, they sum up their thoughts on the whole thing. As far as I can see, all of their opinions on the subject are reasonable, reserved, and would be shared by any sane, objective gaming fan.

Oh yeah, you gotta love Knuckles's posting in the comments section. At the time I visited, it was the only one there.

Thanks, Misao. It was a good find and I now have another podcast to subscribe to.

Hey this is Bill from the Avault Podcast. First off, I want to thank all of you who took the time to listen to our show and check out our site, much appreciated! When it comes to our guest spot with ND, well I agree with most of what I read from your posts. We don't know much about the ROCKtropia universe, but we know that the majority of our audience doesn't either. We are three friends who get the amazing opportunity to interview many guests from the video game world. We can't possibly know the details of all of our guests ventures, and we don't hope to. We get their perspective based on what we find interesting and entertaining. We sometimes journey our conversations off into other areas than gaming. Sometimes we have the chance to get into great, in depth chats within the gaming world(check our interview with Jesse Schell,episode #77, great stuff). I hope this helps everyone understand where we are coming from, and understand that we have nothng but repect for our guests. They join us unsolicited and are free to talk about whatever they like. Thanks again for checking us out everyone!

Bill Bolton
Podcaster
www.avaultpodcast.com

Hey guys, 10 years is almost how long calypso has been online.. CND is 4.5 years old... So in 10 years ROCKtropia could be home to all kinds of artists, with incredible destinations, we could have a whole array of systems by that time that are unique to the music world.

For me this is a long term project, from an awareness point of view I dont want to raise peoples expectations too high at this stage, when what we have accomplished so far is to launch a planet...

That was hard enough, but now we have to survive and continue to add content, attract artists and attract new players/colonists...

Its important for people to understand when they create an avatar and visit, that the world is expanding all the time and that if you like the idea, you need to keep checking back...

I havent listened back to the interview, but the guys seemed really cool and funny.. I recognize that I can go into overdrive during interviews, usually coz theres so much to explain and so little time, since most people still dont really understand what the hecks going on in these worlds..

For the record i dont see what i'm doing as fundementally any different to anyone building a new music site with a creative business model..

Thats all it is, except thatbit exists within an mmo enviroment but as you know, we dont do any coding so we have to kinda twist the existing EU systems to fit our theme...

I'm hopefull the next Rocktropia VU will make things a little clearer to those of you who are really interested.

Anyway thanks again to A Vault for the interview

ND I think your vision is just fine, as are your long term goals. As far as the skeptics go.... it seems to me a long time ago someone was saying "Invest in my project because some day every household will have one of these new computer things" And sure as shit everyone thought he was crazy too..... EXCEPT those who could understand his vision..... naturally, they got rich right along with him.

Good luck with RT, I think it'll be alot of fun as it grows.

Menace

Hey this is Bill from the Avault Podcast. First off, I want to thank all of you who took the time to listen to our show and check out our site, much appreciated! When it comes to our guest spot with ND, well I agree with most of what I read from your posts. We don't know much about the ROCKtropia universe, but we know that the majority of our audience doesn't either. We are three friends who get the amazing opportunity to interview many guests from the video game world. We can't possibly know the details of all of our guests ventures, and we don't hope to. We get their perspective based on what we find interesting and entertaining. We sometimes journey our conversations off into other areas than gaming. Sometimes we have the chance to get into great, in depth chats within the gaming world(check our interview with Jesse Schell,episode #77, great stuff). I hope this helps everyone understand where we are coming from, and understand that we have nothng but repect for our guests. They join us unsolicited and are free to talk about whatever they like. Thanks again for checking us out everyone!

Bill Bolton
Podcaster
www.avaultpodcast.com

Thanks for visiting EF Bill ;)

Hey guys, 10 years is almost how long calypso has been online.. CND is 4.5 years old... So in 10 years ROCKtropia could be home to all kinds of artists, with incredible destinations, we could have a whole array of systems by that time that are unique to the music world.

For me this is a long term project, from an awareness point of view I dont want to raise peoples expectations too high at this stage, when what we have accomplished so far is to launch a planet...

That was hard enough, but now we have to survive and continue to add content, attract artists and attract new players/colonists...

Its important for people to understand when they create an avatar and visit, that the world is expanding all the time and that if you like the idea, you need to keep checking back...

I havent listened back to the interview, but the guys seemed really cool and funny.. I recognize that I can go into overdrive during interviews, usually coz theres so much to explain and so little time, since most people still dont really understand what the hecks going on in these worlds..

For the record i dont see what i'm doing as fundementally any different to anyone building a new music site with a creative business model..

Thats all it is, except thatbit exists within an mmo enviroment but as you know, we dont do any coding so we have to kinda twist the existing EU systems to fit our theme...

I'm hopefull the next Rocktropia VU will make things a little clearer to those of you who are really interested.

Anyway thanks again to A Vault for the interview
Nice post ND :thumbup:

Looking forward to the development of Rocktropia as well.

NEVERDIE; I'm hopefull the next Rocktropia VU will make things a little clearer to those of you who are really interested [/QUOTE said:
Any hints as to when his will be?

read the comments here then listened and didn't really get so much the comments i think what they said are something MA should be hearing really.

Entropia is a great concept and idea. It's just far from perfect. But like i posted on the vault. Entropia is an adventure we're like pioneers in cyberspace. and Columbus didn't have an easy time but it was quite the adventure.

GRRR no fast forward... and 25 minutes is a long time listening to their gibberish.
Soo.. maybe next time.

GRRR no fast forward... and 25 minutes is a long time listening to their gibberish.
Soo.. maybe next time.

If you let it buffer for a few seconds and then click at the end of the play line, it'll jump ahead. It takes a while to keep clicking but it's a sort of fast forward :)

yeah, I didn't really have any problem with jumping back and forth, either. it's not incredibly obvious, but once you figure it out, it's pretty easy.

Back