New Director of Entropia Universe Support

thanks for the reply... look forward too seeing you in the technical/bug section. ;)

Here in Sweden it's now time to go home from work. So, have a great weekend everyone and thanks again for all your nice words!

/Lina

Welcome Lina... wish you all the best on the new job ;)

wellcome Lina, wish u the best in your new position.... :)

eh this is pretty good a support person who actually replies to posts... amazing..

I'm impressed. (thought you'd do a Marco ...post a message then disappear)

ok no more nonesense from me. Since you are taking your job seriously we should help you best we can. Thanks for interacting with us Lina.

Although it's a nice thing to see, I believe we saw the very same enthusiasm when Frank came on the scene... I think that the word precipitous would best describe the decrease in the rate of posts after his introduction...

Certainly it should be no reflection on your intent Lina and I (as ever) remain cautiously optimistic... ;)

Here in Sweden it's now time to go home from work. So, have a great weekend everyone and thanks again for all your nice words!

/Lina

Great thing about EF is that you can check it from home (and from your mobile) as well :D

welcome =)
and i just hope that Eu support finaly will start to do something for entropians

Great thing about EF is that you can check it from home (and from your mobile) as well :D

as well all know once you become part of EU you have no work/no life so EU is lilfe ;)

Dear Lina,

as a word upfront: i hope you improve what's there and wish you all the luck you can get (which will be plenty) to repair the damages (support is useless and design team = /dev/null mood) caused by past performance of support.

I would say that all bugs are worth reporting. It is then up to the design team to decide whether or when a fix is possible.
There are tons of reported simple bugs, some of which still exist since for years.

Support team said:
09 Jan 2008 Entropia-Support:
Hello,
We believe it is necessary to explain how we work:

The members of the support department do not solve software bugs and errors. Our main task is to offer technical assistance and to pinpoint the cause of bugs and errors reported (whether the cause is user or software related). Once we have tested and verified the issue as software related, all vital information is forwarded to the relevant team in our organization. Unless we need more information from the user to locate the cause, we close the case since we cannot offer an ETA for a solution. The issues are investigated by the design team and fixed according to their priority.
Maybe it would be an idea (since to implement a bugtracker which would help you and us seems to be completely out of the question) to let the participant support cases which refer to bugs at least stay as open while the issue is in existance? That could eventually help change the mindset of why report since they seem to forget about it anyway?

Since as long as it keeps like it is (no further things possible from support => close case) you'll have customers stating that support is useless and that forwarded to the design team is just a canned reply for we don't care and will continue to ignore you.

Some examples:

- Main chat eating chars (first reported Jan 2006, behaves like a classic pointer one-off bug) - annoying like hell and still here
- Typing a smilie into chat results in playing the *cough* animation (simple wrong animation ID connected to the smilie detection in the parser) - still here, i think since the Botox-VU.

I have quite some more if you are really interested.

Tussi

Hi Lina

Thanks for the update and letting the community know what is happening at Mindarc.

All the best in your new position. :wtg:

Welcome to the new pos, Lina.
Dont mind if we google you too much, eh? :silly2:

welcome miss Lina:yay::yay:

At the beginning of next year, we will again welcome new staff to Entropia Universe Support. Since it always takes time to learn a new job, I wish to remind you that if you feel a Support Case has been handled incorrectly, you can contact me at entropia_support@mindark.com with my name and the case number as email subject. Then I'll review the case and see if improvements can be made in how it was handled.

Looks like Linda ask for truckload of additional work :p

Hi Lina ang gratz to the new work within MA :)
Customer Support Director...thats a title with power :)
Use it with care and you will have the community with you :)

Last edited:
Grats and can se you is swed so i can write on swed to you on suport :yay: :D

Welcome to the front lines Lina ... and congratulations on your promotion. I think you will find that consistent interaction with this community does a world of good, and can only be of benefit to both Support and the player base. There's a wealth of creativity and forward thinking when it comes to problem-solving, as well as reporting issues. Communication is a two-way street, and jumping on the bandwagon along with Marco's increased interaction is a good thing, so thank you for that.

Just keep in mind ... that however the community can help, they are more than willing to do so, because we all want it to be the best it can be, but it can't be one-sided.

Thank you! :)

I would say that all bugs are worth reporting. It is then up to the design team to decide whether or when a fix is possible.

Erm... shouldn't your DEVELOPERS tell you this?

All bugs should be fixed, but it is always a matter of priority. We do understand that fixing that annoying chat bug has a lower priority than fixing a serious mob spawn issue, but putting it off for years is just a little much. Here's to hoping that you are able to make some changes in the system. Welcome to the Jungle, as the saying goes.

May the Force be with Lina!

:xmas: Seasons Greetings :xmas:

Wellcome Lina :)
Comunication is the key imo ;)
And i have to say that it got much better lately,hope it stick to that track :yay:
We are a demanding society so u will have plenty of job im sure of hehe
Best of luck and keep us informed as u started to :wtg:
Regards

Cool, welcome and nice to see someone's career moving right up :D
but bad idea posting the mailadress though, I think that box'll be swamped lol

New Director of Entropia Universe Support
19 Dec 2008

Dear Entropians,

My name is Lina Larsson and I would like to introduce myself as the new director of the Entropia Universe Support Department. Cornelia Sundstrom, who held the post before me, has moved on to other tasks within the MindArk group. It's an honor for me to fill her shoes and to continue the evolvement of the support service.

I'm 29 years old and I started working at MindArk three years ago after finishing my Master of Science degree in Media Technology. During these past years I've worked both with support and with testing. At the beginning of 2008 I went to our subsidiary in Mexico to help start up an additional support team. This team is now fully operational and I've just recently returned to our headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden, for my new position.

At the beginning of next year, we will again welcome new staff to Entropia Universe Support. Since it always takes time to learn a new job, I wish to remind you that if you feel a Support Case has been handled incorrectly, you can contact me at entropia_support@mindark.com with my name and the case number as email subject. Then I'll review the case and see if improvements can be made in how it was handled.

I would like to conclude this message by saying that I look forward to working for you next year.

Happy Holidays!

Lina Larsson
Customer Support Director

Originally Posted Here

Can I get your phone number please? Only for support reasons of course :yup:

Gratz on your new job :silly2:

Hi Lina :)

Im a bit late at replying, some evil nisse stole my internets yesterday!
But yes, great seeing you lurking around here, hopefully you wont get too many people PMing you on forum with support complaints ;)

Theres no secret that I think that support have greatly improved over the years while Ive concidered myself an entropian, I hope you can continue the great work and perhaps make it even better. Im sure it can be a ungrateful task at times since its alot of frustration about when things needs fixing, but Im confident you'll have the cool to take care of it!

Best of luck to you in your new job, I hope it'll be challenging enough to keep you entertained, but good enough to not scare you away ;)
And if you find the Entropia Community horrible at least they have a really nice coffee machine at MA HQ...

Have a very merry christmas! :xmas:

At the beginning of 2008 I went to our subsidiary in Mexico
Mexican programmers writing the code for EU? I look forward to seeing more sombreros in the game and perhaps a poncho or two ;)

Welcome

Thanx for the info and gratz on the position. In the past I have found the support to be awesome. With you at the helm it will be even better

Ah, i understand you have been googling names? :silly2:

Why oh why did I start googling that name when I read that... some things cannot be unseen now :eek:.

Ironically almost all the hits showed up in the Swedish area... but they are most definitely NOT all the same person!

Welcome Lina!

Back