New sweating system

I thought that without free sweating the game would be classified as gambling?

Or was that just a problem with looting ped a long time ago?

so sweaters are getting decay now?!?? :scratch2:

Did this part of the OP's post make anyone else think of zombies in the sweat fields?

Meet your new, decaying sweaters:

zombies.jpg

Just be ready for the new sweat system, stockpile today!

f-Be-Prepared-5881.jpg

Guys, think LOGICAL... this is what will actually happen:

I'm going to be positive on this one and give MA the benefit of the doubt. I'm going to say that this tool will be given for free either at the TT or as part of a tutorial attempt. If decay is there, it won't matter for the newbies because the price of sweat will rise and to compensate for that decay... the value of sweat will always stay just about the same and will only change if we started getting more/less on the market.

I think their true intentions is to get rid of the "you mean I just randomly sort of click to sweat?" element out of the chore of sweating. With the new engine they also got rid of the target system, you can't select a target anymore and press an action. These were the two methods used to sweat. I think they are countering the above by just making it so you sweat with a tool, kind of like shooting a gun at the mob.

I say the only thing to complain about is if the tool has decay, the price of sweat will rise too, and force nexus will probably get expensive for the mind force users. This more expensive force nexus won't even benefit the newbies at all, just make it so MA's new engine works.

I thought that without free sweating the game would be classified as gambling?

Or was that just a problem with looting ped a long time ago?

But has anyone officially stated that free sweating will no longer exsist.

I wish they introduce it as is :

The tool is free and have no tt value.

To fuel it you need sweat bottle.

Each bottle will grant you 10free scan. The Free tool given as basic item for every participant upon arriving will have a reserve of 10bottle with it.

Have fun.

Sweat

It could just be a free tool for all players to sweat, instead of Dad dancing around for a while we whip out our tool and start sweating instead.

I've never realised sweating looks like dad dancing, but now that you've pointed it out I see it clearly lol.........

Maybe MA is looking at possibilities and will take note of the debate on here. If the old sweat system was exploited it makes sense to introduce a system that combats this.

Time will tell.

SG system issues & concepts..

This essay is a mix of logical ideas & crazy thinks
as well, so, let's begin.. Possible sweating modes:

1. Ancient Sweat Gathering System (as VU 9.4.4) :wtg:
(still freely available to all fellow pre-VU 10.* colonists)

2. Improved Sweat Gathering System (aka TT SG Tool)
(free no more, shows remaining mob sweating attempts)

3. Modified Sweat Gathering System (4 SG professionals)
Needs new type of MindForce chip as work catalisator :cool:

Now, more seriously: for n of years, Sweat Gathering - main activity
after non-or-later-depo choice, when understanding of basic platform
mechanics comes to mind, because stones/fruits/dung is supplemental

additions for Free to Play gaming model. If everything is consistent like
for weapons, when ME models comes after regular ones was invented,
then we should (still) have old system back. Now, some questions for us:

1. What will be proportion of sweating speed and drop rates vs Nexus..?
2. Characteristics of already existing MF chips - will it remain the same?
3. Does sweating tool concept is intended to work as temporary thingie?
4. What new VU-10 job-like opportunities for EU newbies we'll see..? :ahh:

But has anyone officially stated that free sweating will no longer exist.
Nope, we have not such official statement for this hour, fortunately.. :coffee:

It could add range..allowing nastier mobs to be sweated ?

That would be more fun for non-depositors.

t

Why not free...????

It could add range..allowing nastier mobs to be sweated ?

That would be more fun for non-depositors.

t

Sweating must remain free.... this is important 4 noobs... they can do nothing without Sweating.... and if this tool will be exist in our life I think that would be necesary a level of Sweat geathering for maximing the Tool... thats a PROBLEM 4 noobs.... the cost of they sweat will be greather like one of the Uber player!

I said before and I'll say it again
:cool:

There are no tools...just those cool green succulent rings expanding out from your finger tips to suck a damp Dak...dryer than a thirsty camel in cairo...tools...we don't need no stink'n tools...it's all in the fingers baby...hot wet sticky fingers...gangs of crazed Newbs...fingers stretched lustfully...longingly...outward to as if to a savior...a lover... the wrong end of and ambu in heat...come to me...come to me...hot sweet sweat on the on the plains of Neas...where the real skill'n begins...gunga din...gunga din...not a dry hand in house of Sweat and tears...tools are for tools...and those who have forgotten that the sweet sweat of an alternative life...it's the real thing baby...Green...the coke in an alternative universe...:cool:

Maybe the tool will act as an amp with a SIB. You can sweat without the tool but if you are willing to pay the decay you'll get more sweat and a bump in skill gain.

Hope that Ma is able to figure it out. What disgusts me is the same players sucking off others at swamp camp for years getting free heals and focus, obtaining un-Godly sweating skills and now being rewarded with uber loots while the rest of us have 50%+ loss runs... . :mad: :( :confused:

Guess I'll become a sweater and leach off the rest of the community once it's implemented again.... looks like it pays off! :rolleyes:

return the sweating now!

i returned to Entropia after a year of absence;

i used to be a n00b that relied totally on sweating for my hunting and mining needs, i mean, i used to sweat for some time until i can get 15-20 peds and then went to buy ammo for hunt or sum probes to mine;

now, as i came back to game, i meet fresh players near teleporter, and talk to them - they are asking: Hey, what is there to do in this game? What shall i do first?

and i have nothing to answer - because the only viabler option is taken away!

so, my say is - GET BACK SWEATING ASAP

My thoughts are that the re-engineering of the sweat system is two-fold...

1. To remove the advantages of botters.
2. To keep sweat scarce (thus giving it higher value).

We'll see!

alcohol, drugs and MA design team ftw ;D

i used to be a n00b that relied totally on sweating for my hunting and mining needs, i mean, i used to sweat for some time until i can get 15-20 peds and then went to buy ammo for hunt or sum probes to mine;

now, as i came back to game, i meet fresh players near teleporter, and talk to them - they are asking: Hey, what is there to do in this game? What shall i do first?

There's always the deposit button.

btw. what about factories, your own robot...ahhhhh nevermind

Fruit, Stone and Dung options have now been returned. Which enables a slower free-play option, but im not sure how the market holds up on these things anymore.

"that relied totally on sweating" __>> this phrase explains the basic idea behind n00b activities in the very beginning; i told it before, but now i will repeat - i met tens of new players over last 3 days and 7 out 10 people left the game forever after 30 minutes! and i spent 10 minutes of that explaining to n00bs how cool it used to be and how much is expected in the coming month and future in all; the response of the newbies was this: "tell us what to do here first, we need some basic gun , maybe an armor - to which i replied - sorry, there is no free work-for-money option right now apart of picking animal crappings on some riverbed - and i say, hey deposit is always a nice option - to which i received an answer: no, this is not our idea of a nice gameworld and they left , never to be seen again!

so, stuff it in your numb brain, all you depositing scheme defenders - people do not like to be pushed around and told to deposit out-front and there is actually nothing to do in the game for newcomers at all for the time being!

they run around a bit , wawe hands, do emotes and within an hour they say sheesh, what a boring sht game, bye...

p.s. and i forgot to add - where the heck is Mentor program gone, i used to mentor a bunch of total newbies, we ran teleports, hunted, i taught them to mine properly and stuff, all i have left is one entry-level bonus mentor rifle lol :)

Just one important thing here, this is about MA making money, not those who are participants in Entropia Universe.
For MA to make people pay to sweat would scare a lot of people off. First, newbies don't want to risk putting money into a game that they haven't tried yet. What if they don't like it? It is important from MA's perspective that there is some form of a trial, just like try before you buy. So on from this standpoint, I think MA won't make sweating cost anything and I'll eat my hat if they do (BTW, I'm not wearing a hat, but I'll find one and eat it).

i met tens of new players over last 3 days and 7 out 10 people left the game forever after 30 minutes! and i spent 10 minutes of that explaining to n00bs how cool it used to be and how much is expected in the coming month and future in all; the response of the newbies was this: "tell us what to do here first, we need some basic gun , maybe an armor - to which i replied - sorry, there is no free work-for-money option right now apart of picking animal crappings on some riverbed - and i say, hey deposit is always a nice option - to which i received an answer: no, this is not our idea of a nice gameworld and they left , never to be seen again!

First off, I question what you told them in that 10 minutes that scared them away. You don't sound like you're enjoying the game yourself much, so it's no wonder that 70% of the people that stood around listening to you left.

so, stuff it in your numb brain, all you depositing scheme defenders - people do not like to be pushed around and told to deposit out-front and there is actually nothing to do in the game for newcomers at all for the time being!

they run around a bit , wawe hands, do emotes and within an hour they say sheesh, what a boring sht game, bye...

p.s. and i forgot to add - where the heck is Mentor program gone, i used to mentor a bunch of total newbies, we ran teleports, hunted, i taught them to mine properly and stuff, all i have left is one entry-level bonus mentor rifle lol :)

If you want to mentor to help people get started in the game and enjoy their time you're more than welcome to do so. You just add them as a friend to your friend list and tell them you'll be their mentor.

If you're doing it for some pretty shiny bauble, then you'll have to wait until the bauble system is restored.

The game doesn't require a deposit to download and play. One can earn a few peds in game if you have some marketable skill to trade to others. You can run around, look at weapons and armor, take a tour of the land, run a few teleporters, engage in a few of the activities announced in the client loader, etc.

People who see all of that and then leave... I really have to question what more they could have offered.

Last, I really hate to come off sounding aloof or anything but is a $10 deposit too much to ask for a game you think you might enjoy playing?

Last, I really hate to come off sounding aloof or anything but is a $10 deposit too much to ask for a game you think you might enjoy playing?

Kind of kills the concept of Free to Play, and yes you sound really aloof, like if you are saying: If they want to play, deposit or get out

One of the reasons i deposited my first $20.00 was that i was too impatient with sweating, but it took me a week to get to that point, sweating give you something to do while trying the game and wets your appetite for more.

just my opinion.

Auto minimum monthly depo = Sweat Bonus Item in your possession.

Thats my guess.

Like already mentioned in the other discussion about this: Trivan could be quite close!

If you go to this site, then you will a web page with the same pic and in the title you will see "Planet Calypso - Subscriber-Bonus"

MA/FPC,
I really hope this is not going the way people are assuming with a device that decays and such.I'm hoping the need for a device is just an easy work around with the engine as it was kinda odd that you could like do something to something without anything equiped.

What i've wanted to see is the need to work with others.

How i would introduce this is that you need 2 or more people to gather sweat. Like where you would have to have 2 or more people point this device at a creature to calm it down so that you could gather the sweat from it.

Back in the day sweating was a real team effort and was actually fun. We had this spot way south of Nyphtown that was the Old Sweat farm. Where people would run get a mob to chase them then bring them through this area to trap them in these sort of pens and then everyone would sweat it and everyone would take turns getting mobs. It was fun and social.

I'd like to see that brought back.

And i remember Marco saying he want's to see everyone weather they deposit nothing or deposit a lot to be able to have fun. So i hope they are not going back on that.

Rex

I agree with this, if MA could make a way for this to work, and work well, it could actually make sweating a fun thing to do (or at least not as mundane as it was).

It could be given to all new colonists and have no decay. Maybe the twist is that it has a reverse SIB type of system.

When your sweating skill is low your have a 10/10 as your skills gain you mocve to a 0/0 ?

It's how I would do it if I wanted to have new players have a chance at gathering sweat but make a way to progress away from it to other professions.

Interesting.

If a sweating tool is introduced,
it will/should/can result in ;

• Sweat Gatherer skills will be able to chip in/out
  • Decay on this tool
  • Introduction of this tool may be for new MF powers = high demand
  • Less fails or even none
  • Why not a "bonus" attempt (double of a sweat attempt)
  • Existing hidden skills now appear when sweating, or a new hidden skill directly linked to sweating
  • Higher you're skilled, bigger amounts you get
  • The new tool have levels I to VIII like actual MF chips
  • Sweats can be sold at auction
  • And for sure using this tool makes the implant decay too... (if the implant is necessary to use it)
  • And may be this tool will make us able to gather new kind of energies from Mutants or Robots
  • I lack of ideas so i stop here :)

A Sweating tool thread have been done earlier, i answered here.

Last edited:
Back