Next Island on CW's "Daily Buzz" morning news show.

AlphaGeek

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Alpha AG Geek
As I walked into work this morning, one of the sets in the lobby was turned to the local CW affiliate, something caught my eye, and there was chickie-chick from Nextpert touting some technology stuff.

Imagine my suprise when I saw the captions talking about Next Island and Time Travel!

I was only able to see a few seconds of this. Perhaps some west coast folks can catch the west coast delayed feed and report in full?

UPDATE: She was doing CES show coverage for them. The anchor asked "What is Next Island?", which was kinds of unrelated to the gadgets, so I'd surmise this was a product plug in trade for the coverage.

Last time I edit this post. Here's the vid. Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]9uCAckbQIlE[/YOUTUBE]

AG

Last edited:
really??? damn...i have not see it yet.. i will check out any info on internet. thanks for update info.

Subscribing, want to see too.

It's in the last 15 minute segment of the three hour show. West coasters, look sharp!

yup sure wanna see it also :)

what where who now? subscribing I guess :D might be interesting :)

LINK UPDATED, 2nd attempt to load worked

[YOUTUBE]9uCAckbQIlE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
"Virtual world Next Island is launching in January"?

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!:yay:

Edit - when I try to play it I get an error message. The bit in speech marks is taken from a still of the video with subtitles.

What is CW?

The CW network is a television network in the US. It's ratings and viewership runs far behind the major networks, though.

CW caters to a younger demographic than most networks, with programming such as "90210", "Reaper", "Supernatural", "Gossip Girl", Smallville", etc, etc, etc.

www.cwtv.com

"The Daily Buzz" is CW's morning news show, running from 6am to 9 am daily.

"Virtual world Next Island is launching in January"?

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!:yay:

Edit - when I try to play it I get an error message. The bit in speech marks is taken from a still of the video with subtitles.

I just uploaded it, it may still be transcoding from WMV to flash.
If the problem persists, I'll see if I can transcode it to mpeg locally and reload to youtube.

AG

Let me tag this one for the "January" info...

launching in hjanuary ...thats this month :yay:

Last edited:
The original post with youtube should be working now!

George, update the quote. I pulled the nonworking yourube clip and updated the post withthe new link.

Thanks!

and what new news about Next Island ?

Yes.. today is 15th of january.. anyone knows somthing more about Next Island release??? :scratch2:

With any development you should increment the year of release +/- 1.

Ahhh, the Duke...

Unfortunately I don't think Nextisland will be ready to launch in January :(,, but lets just say it's "coming soon" :yay:

David

Unfortunately I don't think Nextisland will be ready to launch in January :(,, but lets just say it's "coming soon" :yay:

David

David thank you very much for the communication.

AlphaGeek nice find. Exciting to see anything related to our universe on a rl semi major tv network :D

What's that I think I heard her say in the video - "special benefits for CW viewers?.....

David

lol I feel like Ive heard that before:)

We have always told our Planet Partner to say "coming soon" but their enthusiasm obviously took over,,, but really, its "coming soon"! promise.

David

We have always told our Planet Partner to say "coming soon" but their enthusiasm obviously took over,,, but really, its "coming soon"! promise.

David
lol I feel like Ive heard that before:)
How soon is soon? :rolleyes: 1 month? 6 month?

:D Unofficial MindArk coming soon promo video :D

Starring David as lead singer, Marco momentarily excited in the background,
Jan as the Butler/Bartender vocalist & MA support female dance vocalists

[YOUTUBE]vBHONx9vTtI[/YOUTUBE]

How soon is coming soon ?
It's just a jump to the left and a step to the right ...
"David gains skill in dodging the question"

(Disclaimer: Not all posts by Lavawalker contain serious content; some are just interaction with the Expensive Universe developers and community.)​

Last edited:
Read his signature :D

and anyone felt curious enough to check out the "special benefits for CW viewers?..."

I searched around their webpage but didnt' find anything..

Back