Opinions on Rocktropia & New VU

I don't think so. If it's Lemmy's planet, then there is no need to ask for hunting or mining fees. This should be covered by the 50-50% revenue split between MA and the planet partners, generated by decay, planet-wise. It seems a deal between the planet developer ND studios and Motorhead, which offered a land area and not between MA and motorhead.

I also read the information from this link:http://www.worldsinmotion.biz/entropia/

But since i doubt we'll know details about the partnership, we can only speculate.

lol...ok lets try it this way. This started because I commented on your naive assumtion it was basically ND's baby and Motorhead were just going to be in it for the advertising.

:
I was expecting it happening the other way around: the band paying for the advertisement.. but no.. it's just a band which invested in the planet perhaps supporting the development, but expecting two types of return: advertising their brand + sucking peds out of the "fans" hunting on their turf.

Obviously to be a planet partner there has to be an agreement between Lemmy and MA.
Lemmy is not going to build his planet all by himself...obviously. For that he has another agreement with a development company. In this case ND Studios. Who knows the split on revenue...frankly who cares. Point is we are going to pay MA, ND, and Lemmy as well as any other people/companies involved...and how is that accomplished? LA's with taxes, taxes and taxes. ;)

Expect more of this in the future from the other coming planets.... ;)

I'm looking forward to all the independant gaming site reviews of this, will be interesting. :)

lol...ok lets try it this way. This started because I commented on your naive assumtion it was basically ND's baby and Motorhead were just going to be in it for the advertising.

:

Obviously to be a planet partner there has to be an agreement between Lemmy and MA.
Lemmy is not going to build his planet all by himself...obviously. For that he has another agreement with a development company. In this case ND Studios. Who knows the split on revenue...frankly who cares. Point is we are going to pay MA, ND, and Lemmy as well as any other people/companies involved...and how is that accomplished? LA's with taxes, taxes and taxes. ;)

True Paid with taxes, but wasn't it the intention that new planets would bring in their OWN NEW players to cover the cost instead of draining it from the existing peds inside EU?

True Paid with taxes, but wasn't it the intention that new planets would bring in their OWN NEW players to cover the cost instead of draining it from the existing peds inside EU?

That was supposed to be the plan according to the way I understood it yep. :)

Obviously, that plan ain't working :wtg:

I've never met you Neverdie, but I feel for you man. You've got who knows how much invested in this project and from all I can see, you've wasted your money. I'm sure you're proud of it and all. But wow, all the hype, all the anticipation, for this???? Are you serious? On top of it all, the crazy TP fee? Ludicrous...

Lol don't worry about neverdie, i'm sure he earns more then enough on it. Even if it isn't what's expected there will still be hundreds of players hunting there every minute of the day giving him a nice revenue. Maybe not as much as he would have gotten if the planet was better, but he won't go broke anytime soon.

Lol don't worry about neverdie, i'm sure he earns more then enough on it. Even if it isn't what's expected there will still be hundreds of players hunting there every minute of the day giving him a nice revenue. Maybe not as much as he would have gotten if the planet was better, but he won't go broke anytime soon.

Word and wow this thread got super negative real fast.
Give it some time folks this is initial launch.

ND it needs a lot of work and a lot less rockstar ego flirted.

ie. Less compensating for lack of dick size and more creativity, opportunities & newcomer "try before you buy" potential.

And better than the current "High-5" & "The Wiggles" mob naming in some cases.

Not eactly the image you want for rocktopia:

[YOUTUBE]Bwy1x0-cZaI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

There is no reason why Lemmy or Motorhead need to be involved as a planet partner in the way that you suggest.

Neverdie Studios have probably licensed the rights to use the Motorhead/Lemmy brand in the planet, possibly including an agreement to share some of the income, or possibly on a flat rate agreement.

+ he got NEVERDIE Dragons.That,s cover all investments.

PS.Loot in Rocktropia sucks, i mean realy sucks.

There is no reason why Lemmy or Motorhead need to be involved as a planet partner in the way that you suggest.

Neverdie Studios have probably licensed the rights to use the Motorhead/Lemmy brand in the planet, possibly including an agreement to share some of the income, or possibly on a flat rate agreement.

Yes, fine I like that, and it makes sense.

My point is, and was, all those parties involved directly or indirectly get paid. It was a reply to someone who seemed surprised that Motorhead/Lemmy would recieve money that originates from LAs and taxes....no matter what agreements are place. That was all I was getting at.

I'm no lawyer, don't care about the actual agreements themselves...was just pointing out to that individual it's naive to think otherwise.

gl

Last edited:
If the info on who is who with ownership is so important, just lookup the info on Virtual Music Worlds LLC.

Over and above the LLC, land taxes are obviously divided to the rockstar that part of Rocktopia is dedicated for, Lemmy, Kevin or ND thus far.

Sure there is a conflict of interest with ND being a participant and owning investments on other worlds, but MA sees fit to overlook this even though it can put them in a bind if legally challenged by another partner "if" other partners
can not start buying up assets on other worlds also.

The participation of ND can also be challenged by any participant.

I think Jan W would be well aware of this.

Others seem to be aware of it too in this thread:

• I have strong reservations about Neverdie being able to award himself new taxed land areas on a whim.
  • I have serious reservations about Neverdie's continuing participation as a player and the massive conflict of interest inherent in that.

Having already been through a court case of similar nature with a consortium whilst at Lucent Technologies, now known as Alcatel Lucent, I detailed this CoI in my responses in this thread here:

Link > https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...orld-record-marketwire-via-yahoo-finance.html

Last edited:
Word and wow this thread got super negative real fast.
Give it some time folks this is initial launch.

I'm not trying to be negative, i hardly ever am about EU. I don't think rocktropia is the place for me though. But some plus sides to turn the thread around:

• the quality seems to be a lot better then the first release of VU 10
  • It has shown me how much fpc has grown over the past months
  • more people making content will create more content, so more stuff to do :)

I'm not trying to be negative, i hardly ever am about EU. I don't think rocktropia is the place for me though. But some plus sides to turn the thread around:

• the quality seems to be a lot better then the first release of VU 10
  • It has shown me how much fpc has grown over the past months
  • more people making content will create more content, so more stuff to do :)

Sorry Harmony, it wasn't directed at you directly.
I was however agreeing with your post ;)
And the points in this post also :)

If the info on who is who with ownership is so important, just lookup the info on Virtual Music Worlds LLC.

Over and above the LLC, land taxes are obviously divided to the rockstar that part of Rocktopia is dedicated for, Lemmy, Kevin or ND thus far.

Sure there is a conflict of interest with ND being a participant and owning investments on other worlds, but MA sees fit to overlook this even though it can put them in a bind if legally challenged by another partner "if" other partners
can not start buying up assets on other worlds also.

The participation of ND can also be challenged by any participant.

Does ND have any advantage now?!
I mean, playwise?
He coughed up enough money to buy his own planet and I think he can do with it whatever he wishes. If he wants to have a gazillion of small LAs and sell them one by one it is his choice, afterall, _HIS_ money created them in first place and _HE_ advertises for them.
Why should anyone be prohibited to have properties spread over different planets?
What really makes a planet owner anymore special than any other player or LA owner except the privilege to afford to buy something bigger?
I really see absolutely no confilct of interest here, would be like prohibiting a house builder to own houses, to sell them,rent them or even worse, to live in one.

I mean, playwise?
He coughed up enough money to buy his own planet and I think he can do with it whatever he wishes. If he wants to have a gazillion of small LAs and sell them one by one it is his choice, afterall, _HIS_ money created them in first place and _HE_ advertises for them.
Why should anyone be prohibited to have properties spread over different planets?
What really makes a planet owner anymore special than any other player or LA owner except the privilege to afford to buy something bigger?
I really see absolutely no confilct of interest here, would be like prohibiting a house builder to own houses, to sell them,rent them or even worse, to live in one.

let's see,
I'm a longtime player,
I designed the mobs myself,
designed the area myself
I prolly know what weapons works. prolly tested the world myself... & you can't see the advantage??
how naive can it get?
& no, I'm not saying he makes a profit of normal ingame activities couse he knows how loot works. But I do smell advantages over "normal mortal" players

Personally other than the work Rocktopia needs,

Both Neverdie and MindArk have some thinking and decision making to do.

You can't eat the cake and keep it at the same time.

1. Participant or Partner
2. MA needs to decide for the good of all of Entropia if they will allow all partners the ability to buy up assets on other world or not.

Of course the first one is obvious with ND owning in part Rocktopia - Partner.

The second, well that is MA's call. It concerns me though as I can see another bottleneck potential in the lure of new partner business if this is not resolved.

If it is not viable to have partner world representatives bidding against participating clients for asset opportunities, this would mean CND, additional planet LA assets & Neverdie Bank on Calypso would need to be sold off.

It is a catch-22, though it maybe wise to sort this befoire an indicent occurs whereby the court makes the decision for you.

Keep in mind this can be challenged in either the US or Sweden, even if MindArk has a contract that says Sweden Courts only since there is an LLC involved the US court would simply shut down Rocktopia and put ND on notice being a US resident - ie. No sly work arounds unless he wants to end up in jail.

Which would include for example sake, handing over the deeds to Force M. and then having him funnel funds back to Neverdie, cash in hand or paper trail
(bank record) ;)

All in all, it is a serious set of circumstances that "could" occur, the potential for it to is there, it just needs a challenger on either front to initiate it.

Sad but true.

Last edited:
Reactions: das
I mean, playwise?

If you can't see how advance knowledge of future content and system developments can be an unfair advantage, you should pay a lot more attention.

If you want a house building analogy, you might want to consider whether it's fair for someone to buy a cheap piece of land while having inside information about something that will enable him to sell it on to a property developer 6 months later at 10 times the price.

That happens all the time by the way, it's called corruption and people go to jail for it.

Reactions: das
Lemmy is God

LEMMY I'M COMING!
I WILL BE THERE SOON TO SERVE IN YOUR ARMY!

ACE OF SPADES IS NIGH!

Slack of Rocktropia

I think that if we are able to use the same avatars, then we should be able to use the same storage. MA goes over the top here. If there were bags of holding or some similar artifacts that are present in most of games (and for a reason), it would be different story. Yes, in theory there are antigravity boxes. I still have to see one after 5 years in game, other than the screenshot on Entropedia. So one storage please. And when we are at that: FREE MARKET FFS! I mean the same auction for all worlds. You're not encouraging integration of all planets in one universe, MA.

And where is the beer shipment?

If you can't see how advance knowledge of future content and system developments can be an unfair advantage, you should pay a lot more attention.

If you want a house building analogy, you might want to consider whether it's fair for someone to buy a cheap piece of land while having inside information about something that will enable him to sell it on to a property developer 6 months later at 10 times the price.

That happens all the time by the way, it's called corruption and people go to jail for it.

Agreed, I think for the sake of Entropia being a success long term, all needs to be above board, legit and totally legal for the territorial boarders traversed.

I think there is a difference, it you have inside knowledge because of corruption or if you have the knowledge, because you created the market in the first place. If I buy a big piece of land, build a factory in the middle of it, a few houses for the workers and rent them to them, it is strangely not called corruption.

Yes, fine I like that, and it makes sense.

My point is, and was, all those parties involved directly or indirectly get paid. It was a reply to someone who seemed surprised that Motorhead/Lemmy would recieve money that originates from LAs and taxes....no matter what agreements are place. That was all I was getting at.

I'm no lawyer, don't care about the actual agreements themselves...was just pointing out to that individual it's naive to think otherwise.

gl

I wasn't surprised at all... LOL! If you read carefully what i wrote, i said in response to Lorfat: "just like i thought". Please don't put words in my mouth.

However, i am still disapointed, as a planet directed to music should find a way for marketing that and therefore be financially more self-sustainable. Do I have to explain to you how is it done for example with music-tvs?

Whatever are your speculations about the deal(s), it's still speculation. I just want to say this: i do not see FPC owning land and taxing 5%. It would be wrong, since they already tax us with decay, from which MA takes a cut.

Which leads to the question: Who owns Rocktropia?

My Opinions on Rocktropia:

Firstly, not yet seen it. But today I finally started getting a better-than ever signal on my Dongle Modem and had great plans to sell my a101 and possibly the a102 and go out hunting for the first time in a few days.
Then the whole afternoon became a wait for the download, which is still battling with the now-unstable connection.

So my initial opinion is mild to medium annoyance, and a bit of curiosity. I'm a huge Motorhead fan but I think I'll wait for Rocktropia Vu.3 or 4, judging on some gripes that have come up that I think I'd share. Not got the PED to just 'pop over' at the moment either.
If they're playing Deaf Forever when I step out the TP I fear I may stay a while though....

Hurrikane

I find the new log in screen very interesting. For a game where only 1 asteroid plays any role in the game and currently no space travel is possible - a log in screen like this is almost misleading:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

But it does possess a striking resemblance to the log in screen from another MMO where space travel and asteroids play a very large role.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Too bad you cant combine the 2, not as they are, but entropia needs a real space part.

Whats also funny is the game play in those 2 are similar as well, both lack depth :p

Last edited:
hmmm...

you folks that keep complaining about the multiple storages seem to forget something... You are basically getting free boxes, or "apartments" if you will - as they were in the olden days... If each storage closet is 500 slots... that's what, 500 on calypso + 1000 for cp and cnd + 500 for Rocktropia = 2000 item slots available for FREE (after travel costs). That's a heck of a deal when you compare it to how pricey resettlement containers are that only hold 100 items!

I have`nt been to Rocktropia yet. But from all I have read so far and that`s ben alot I don`t think I`ll be ready to go up yet. Although there is that initial curiosity for a first hand look and experience. And the slim chance that during it`s infancy there may be some unique or important items to be looted. Not that I ever have a chance in hell of looting them but such is the lottery. The 80PED for a round trip does seem steep if you just plan on going to look around, hunt for a couple hours and leave again. But in the aspect of travel to another planet with intent to stay a while or migrate completely it is a little easier to swallow. Even though it`s just pixels shifting a planet would naturally be farther than a space station or asteroid orbiting the planet you currently reside on so travel would naturally be more expensive. But really do we have to mimick the real world so closely when it comes to money when everything else makes little sense in comparison. Like missing shots at a creature that is slobbering on the top of your head.

I am very interested though to see what Rocktropia will have to offer in the future concerning music itself. I know ND must have some big ideas and there are some great possibilities. Maybe if I hit some big loots on Calypso I`ll take a trip up sooner. Aside from that I`ll be waiting to see some updates or a really good reason to go any sooner.

Very bad names

:mad:

I really hate all the names wich have anything to do with real world persons, politics, music, etc. within EU. It damages the general view of a platen besides earth.

So quit the names, and come up with new ones.

(I don't hate Motörhead music, but they don't deserve this place in EU)

Back