Sept 22nd new Next Island trailer!!

Thanks for posting Misao ... that is an exciting new trailer indeed. I just hope that the launch date still remains to be about the 12th of October. I love the time travel sequence. :D

Yes thxs for post, It does look interesting lets see how many peeps go there tho :confused:

omg i need new underwear
:eek::wtg::yay:

Does the serrated sword at 0:30 exist in the universe already? Or is this a glimpse of new melee weapons to come?

narfi

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but has anyone else completely lost interest in the other planets when they found out they amounted to nothing more than a simple re-skin of the game we've been playing for years?

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but has anyone else completely lost interest in the other planets when they found out they amounted to nothing more than a simple re-skin of the game we've been playing for years?

same feeling here

reskin to start off yes, but that's where the similarity should surely end. Each planet is its own company remember, they have their own plans and goals. Whilst i agree there is only so much you can do initially with the platform MA has, surely as more diverse companies join in, MA will have to increase the spectrum of things that can be done, and not everyone is going to do the same thing. There have to be certain limitations (such as PED, main core systems and the RCE thing) but I'm sure there are enough people out there with fresh ideas that we will see enough difference to bring more people in and give us all a chance of something more than what we've had for the last 5+ years. A little optimism wouldn't hurt people...

After Rocktropia's fiasco, i really don't hold my breath. Not to mention that same studios are developing it..

Only hope now is for Cyrene, hope they go live soon.

I miss one line of text in this trailer, completely at the end:

"Coming soon"

Does the serrated sword at 0:30 exist in the universe already? Or is this a glimpse of new melee weapons to come?

narfi

I've seen it on the Auction Orders list.
Got a cool name too, lots of damage.

Will edit post when I find on Orders again.

Edit: Crusader's Sword.
420 TT, Mediocre Durability, 76.5-153 Dmg (All Cut), 21 Attacks/min.

I like what I see, hope it comes soon! :wtg:

isn't that animation of time travel = the one of the wormhole ?
and if it is, will each planet re-use each others animations and give it another meaning ?

I hope the time travel isn't a hidden explanation for multiple instances which you can travel back and forth to without being able to contact through time.

Magic sounds cool

Ancient greek = hermes armor ? same remark as first one ...

I hope it brings a lot of new people though when it goes live in .... euh ? when ?

yup, same here ...
additionally I would say that this "game" or better this hollow "engine" needs something fun and exciting!

isn't that animation of time travel = the one of the wormhole ?
and if it is, will each planet re-use each others animations and give it another meaning ?

I hope the time travel isn't a hidden explanation for multiple instances which you can travel back and forth to without being able to contact through time.

Magic sounds cool

Ancient greek = hermes armor ? same remark as first one ...

I hope it brings a lot of new people though when it goes live in .... euh ? when ?

A problem here is the intransparency of what items are generic and what are calypso specific - that is, not clear delineation of MA and FPC intellectual property. Take settler armor for example ... is it generic or Calypso? And That includes armor, weapons, tools, etc - both in TT and lootable. Seismic bombs and survey probes got renamed already, but we still have Sollomate Opalo in Rocktropia TT, no?

And no, I would much rather have interoperable bombs / probes that simply have different names in different planets than lose Omegaton, Chikara, etc names from the tools and weapons and so on from Calypso.

I think it is pretty normal that the first planets that comes after the first one are somewhat "more of the same" as Calypso, nothing strange about that. In a year i think the popularity/the planet with most players of the four planets that soon will be online will be:
1. Calypso
2. Cyrene
3. Rocktropia
4. Next Island

Maybe Rocktropia could take spot two.

"Withdraw Real Money!" They left out 'pay real money to do anything'.

*sigh*

More misleading advertising.. yes.. EU is just a money printing machine.. We are all filthy rich from playing.

Criticism after criticism and its not even released yet :scratch2:

Bring on mid October (so they say) when it actually comes out, and we shall see for real. THEN pass judgement. :wtg:

Doesn't seem like this has been posted yet.

I have not been a big fan of Next Island but this new trailer seems pretty decent ;)

Enjoy

Looks really cool!!! Can't wait. Tx for the video. :cool:

i really like the trailer they did a great job on that. :)
i think i am gonna check it out because i love misterys and that stuff :D.

After Rocktropia's fiasco, i really don't hold my breath. Not to mention that same studios are developing it..

Only hope now is for Cyrene, hope they go live soon.

CKI has the same issue as all the others - MA does the code they only do the graphics.

All the planets will be a re-skin of Calypso until MA develop systems for them and they isollate their items so that they only appear and work on their planet until then each planet is a rinse and repeat.

Calypso shows off the functions and the other planets tweak them to fit theirs.

Reactions: nix
I like what i see,it's looks better than rocktropia.

They mention time travel and show everyone wearing high-end armors!
Isn't that what we've always wanted -- a time machine to go back to the old days of Calypso? :laugh:

Last edited:
My guess is that NI will be a map with a bunch of small islands. Teleporting or "wormhole cruising" to another small island (Like TP'ing to TI, or Oyster Isle, etc) will be your "Time travel" as each "land area" will have different types of mobs and different looking structures.

I don't think it'll be that interesting TBO.

Menace

CKI has the same issue as all the others - MA does the code they only do the graphics.

All the planets will be a re-skin of Calypso until MA develop systems for them and they isollate their items so that they only appear and work on their planet until then each planet is a rinse and repeat.

Calypso shows off the functions and the other planets tweak them to fit theirs.

Yes, i understand that. But at least they could create their own armors and stuff. Now it's all from calypso. Even armors with same exact stats as Calypso ones, but with new names and new looks would be cool.

Doesnt think they will get any customers from such a half ass trailer...

Right, lets run.. and run some more.. run from wild bush piggies.. and wormhole to new timezone,

reading the comments for the orginal posting of this video.. not good..

then (no i dont have anything against MJ) an freaking MJ planet in the works where we dance our way to greatness, gtfo gimme space pirates anyday of the week, about the best thing will be rocking threw the harlem streets with my moonwalk on!

Really hope my future on calypso isnt infringed because of these planets and wish them to be a grat success, but FFS... maybe just woke up on the wrong side :rolleyes:

After Rocktropia's fiasco, i really don't hold my breath.

Everything is not implemented yet on RockTropia, and it hasn't been advertized... how is it a fiasco? :scratch2:

how is it a fiasco? :scratch2:

I think he meant the part where the actual player base there isn't obsessed with incessant whining and that the devs spend time with the people and try to implement what is suggested and as a whole try developing the community and not just the draining of ped cards which is a necessary evil in this universe.

Im pretty sure that's what he was talking about, but maybe he hasn't been there lately and doesn't know what he's talking about?

Everything is not implemented yet on RockTropia, and it hasn't been advertized... how is it a fiasco? :scratch2:

Well, half year since the launch, and where is it now? A few hundred players, and non existant local economy, you basically have to bring everything there and can hardly sell any loot locally.

Granted, it might have potential, but as it is now, i see it as a flop. I'm sure even PE when launched had bigger playerbase in those prehistoric times.

Back