Swamp Camp Goverment

Fizbinthemagi

Guardian
Society
Supremacy Reign HQ
MaryJane Jugs Pendragon
After reading some post's about hunting in the swamp camp i came up with this idea.

Swamp Camp Government

Have elections every 6 months or so for new swamp camp president.
Everyone gets 1 vote and 1 vote only per IP address

President controls weapons and armor allowed in the area.

Swamp camp area would be setup similiar to a LA with no tax's(could use tax's if you wanted to use the proceeds to fund noobie events) and would encompass roughly 1.5km diameter.

If you think this would be a good idea, help develop this idea so you know who can make it happen. Some control needs to be added to that area, so why not let players invest money into advertising to be president of the area?

Been thought of and rejected.

And to be honest, it isn't really something that would take off.

Or maybe, once people have been playing for more than a year, they could be banned from sweat camp so they had incentive to move on and experience the rest of the game.

People can't be 'banned' from just one area, except estates that can be set to private. It limits the experience and so won't be implemented. Also a government that controls what others can and can not do (except MA/FPC and representatives of those) won't happen. Might as well ask for a limit on sweatgathering, just as pointless (because guess what, won't happen :) )

People can't be 'banned' from just one area, except estates that can be set to private. It limits the experience and so won't be implemented. Also a government that controls what others can and can not do (except MA/FPC and representatives of those) won't happen. Might as well ask for a limit on sweatgathering, just as pointless (because guess what, won't happen :) )

1) The ban from certain areas might not happen, no...

2) Marco has talked about political systems ingame so government might not be too far-fetched ;)

3) There has been a limit on sweat gathering before (the skill cap) but it was removed... who says it wont be brought back? ;) would be good for newbies as price might go up?

Fun idea, but then again.... no one likes to be told what to do or how to play.... so I see the idea burning up :D

Crash and Burn

The government of swamp camp is a "Crash and Burn" proposition at best, and an all around bad idea at worst. The reason is that in Entropia freedom is the best way to go, and if you have someone controlling the issues then it's not really free is it?

Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

The government of swamp camp is a "Crash and Burn" proposition at best, and an all around bad idea at worst. The reason is that in Entropia freedom is the best way to go, and if you have someone controlling the issues then it's not really free is it?

Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

im with ben on this one

im with ben on this one

Yeah same, a Govt. of any form in EU (beside the RP and MA|FPC) is bound to crash and burn.

they already have the sweat union at nea

tried to buy sweat at 5/1000 two days ago and ran into the harrasment that it was to low

just like a real union i was felling all harrased
so was easier to just sell the nexus on auction instead of buying sweat and make ME so that was 15k sweats not bought

see unions are not always good and goverments will not be good either

After reading some post's about hunting in the swamp camp i came up with this idea.

Swamp Camp Government

Have elections every 6 months or so for new swamp camp president.
Everyone gets 1 vote and 1 vote only per IP address

President controls weapons and armor allowed in the area.

Swamp camp area would be setup similiar to a LA with no tax's(could use tax's if you wanted to use the proceeds to fund noobie events) and would encompass roughly 1.5km diameter.

If you think this would be a good idea, help develop this idea so you know who can make it happen. Some control needs to be added to that area, so why not let players invest money into advertising to be president of the area?

OK, one question: Why? :)

they already have the sweat union at nea

tried to buy sweat at 5/1000 two days ago and ran into the harrasment that it was to low

just like a real union i was felling all harrased
so was easier to just sell the nexus on auction instead of buying sweat and make ME so that was 15k sweats not bought

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3LL338aGA[/YOUTUBE]​

:):)

Sweet Jesus!

I can´t even in my nightmares think of having a "government" in a game.
To even consider that there is one (1!) government that is not corrupt in the world, is madness, and if not corrupt, it tells you, A FLIPPING human being what you can do, or not do.

That is plain sick! Both IRL and in VR.

OP, what good would you think will come out of a "government"?
What is the point of your suggestion? What would the president do?

LMAO at some of the things people want in EU on another thread there is a wish i think by hardwrath (not sure)
and the wish was for being able to put a bounty on someone .. now if they brought that in game and this govenment thing .. the president would be assasinated every 5 mins ...ID LIKE TO SEE THAT LMAO

im sick of all these stupid wishes suposedly to make EU more fun etc
my wish is get everything working and working like it SHOULD 1st b4
anything else ..... that would make EU more fun

government wont work. Look at moost shops scattered in the malls. Most are abandoned, just like 80% of the apartments.

And to elect one person to a position of power... to leave and not come back....

I am making a list and checking it twice. I know whats going on and it isnt nice. Some things need fixing before it gets to out of hand.

Lol lets improve on the level playing field and introduce more with a government and regulate.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNKjShmHw7s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Love to know who will elects this government and the selection criteria!
Seriously its impossible unless all sweaters join one society which I think is also impossible :D
What shit fight that would be;)

What would this "government" actually be able to do? Decide which mobs should be allowed at Swamp Camp? Take a tax on the sweat? I think we should be given more information before we decide on something like this.

yea all unions and governments gonna do is complicate the game and bring alot of bs arguments with it cause i doubt any of the members that would be appointed in such a scenario would become corrupt just like in rl lmao

I think Unions would be a good thing. economic power is a major force. Boycotts, is some powerful stuff. the ability to buy out a competitor also powerful.

But as far as a governing body... unless there is a point to it it wont fly.

Come up with a few more really good points. it might could work. but seriously it might end up being more of a pain than a boon.

Or maybe, once people have been playing for more than a year, they could be banned from sweat camp so they had incentive to move on and experience the rest of the game.

I like this idea, aslong as you can get a healers or guide licence :) As i quite enjoy healing and chatting to the newer players when times are bad and im living in the streets of PA. ;)

My vote is no government in EU

lol (too short)

I always get the feeling that people who want to form a government in EU are laboring under the (possibly false) impression that they will be able to use it to force other people to "behave" in a manner that they approve of.

I wonder if they would be quite as interested if they took the time to consider that said government may, in fact, end up being run by the people that they are so eager to control?

I always get the feeling that people who want to form a government in EU are laboring under the (possibly false) impression that they will be able to use it to force other people to "behave" in a manner that they approve of.

I wonder if they would be quite as interested if they took the time to consider that said government may, in fact, end up being run by the people that they are so eager to control?

Agreed.

Any kind of EU government will eventually lead to some very BAD things

vote one me !!!!!!!!!!!!! no discrimination you agree i kill you your plotting to take over behind my back ; disagree i kill you to as you dont agree ,see fair evenhanded nondiscrinatory non sexist no isms of any sort give me your vote your life and your ped freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::wtg:

vote one me !!!!!!!!!!!!! no discrimination you agree i kill you your plotting to take over behind my back ; disagree i kill you to as you dont agree ,see fair evenhanded nondiscrinatory non sexist no isms of any sort give me your vote your life and your ped freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::wtg:

Agree-ist. :D

Go Aus. :wtg:

Isn't Calypso so joyful without any old man giving us orders :D

Isn't Calypso so joyful without any old man giving us orders :D

Which is the great thing about it. Calypso/Entropia is a great sandbox where we make our own choices and do our own things. :)

Lootable sweat?? 8O

After reading some post's about hunting in the swamp camp i came up with this idea

I cannot see this working out tbh, unless ofc, you designate the 'Swamp camp area...roughly 1.5km diameter' as PvP where only sweat would be lootable, I think that would be a Hoot! Otherwise, what is the point of going there, when you can just hang outside the perimeter and avoid all the Gov't BS that you'd eventually see cropping up every time power changed hands? :rolleyes:

:D

Ossi!

Back