Taming related ability & skill unlock chart

If i remember right (its been a while now) exa young taming ability unlocks about half way through level 2 taming. Not positive though
That's correct. The ability unlocks occur somewhere in the levels mentioned in the chart. We'll need a lot more detailed information to determine the exact % (or bars) of each level for a certain level.

I am a complete noob in the taming area... nevertheless yesterday I had my very first go at taming (in great company of a super cool experienced tamer :ahh: - thank you Miggobar :) ) ....

Anyway, I was just on level 4 in animal tamer and could tame both Exarosaur Old and Dominant (although the latter never happened, but that was not because of any lack of skills... stubborn old goat that was :silly2: ). So this only confirms what you know, but anyway wanted to share the information :)

Val

I am a complete noob in the taming area... nevertheless yesterday I had my very first go at taming (in great company of a super cool experienced tamer :ahh: - thank you Miggobar :) ) ....

Anyway, I was just on level 4 in animal tamer and could tame both Exarosaur Old and Dominant (although the latter never happened, but that was not because of any lack of skills... stubborn old goat that was :silly2: ). So this only confirms what you know, but anyway wanted to share the information :)

Val
Thanks for the information anyways! Double confirming of chart information is good!

Have great fun in taming!

Exa Old are tameable at lvl 3 1/2 :)

Since you've got this:
01 - Ability: Snablesnot-female Old tamable (confirmed)
00 - Ability: Snablesnot-female Provider tamable (unknown)
00 - Ability: Snablesnot-female Guardian tamable (unknown)
01 - Ability: Snablesnot-female Dominant tamable (confirmed)

it should be a safe bet that providers and guardians are tamale at 01 too ;)

Since you've got this:

Makes sense to me too...

Since you've got this:

Good point, I'll set them to unconfirmed for now.

Confirming Some Facts, and Muddying the Waters

I can confirm that the ability to handle 4 pets at the stable unlocks at 31.25 Pet Handler as near as I can determin. My screen resolutionn is 64 bars per level, and I could not take out 4 pets at 15/64, and I was able to take out 4 pets at 16/64.

Rob, how about adding level % information to the chart?

There is a complication with taming in the field, however. I have now reached 32 3/4 Handler, and am still unable to tame 4 pets in the field. Does anyone know what the level for taming 4 pets in the field is. Could it possibly be related to Animal Taming level? I am now just level 31 Animal Tamer. Maybe it unlocks at 31 1/4 Animal Taming? Any thoughts on this?

I will keep plugging away and testing my results until I have something further to report.

Yours in Taming, :)
- Vincere

I can confirm that the ability to handle 4 pets at the stable unlocks at 31.25 Pet Handler as near as I can determin. My screen resolutionn is 64 bars per level, and I could not take out 4 pets at 15/64, and I was able to take out 4 pets at 16/64.

Rob, how about adding level % information to the chart?

There is a complication with taming in the field, however. I have now reached 32 3/4 Handler, and am still unable to tame 4 pets in the field. Does anyone know what the level for taming 4 pets in the field is. Could it possibly be related to Animal Taming level? I am now just level 31 Animal Tamer. Maybe it unlocks at 31 1/4 Animal Taming? Any thoughts on this?

I will keep plugging away and testing my results until I have something further to report.

Yours in Taming, :)
- Vincere
Thanks for the information Vincere! I agree we should add % information of each level in the charts. I'll go work on this next weekend (I hope).

We'll need more information about amount of pets at the stable vs. amount of pets in the field as there seems to be a difference.

I loved this thread. Studied it intensely today. Got my first whip yesterday:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=832560#post832560

Tried taming for the first time tonight. Have an Exo in the stable now. Tamed a Snable that left me since I can't handle 2. This was a fun unlock. +rep RobVee for a great thread and to you folks that contributed. Nice to get new skills! :D

- Jack

Edit: I was at about 4.5 Taming pro standing (from hunting, I presume) when this was done.

Last edited:
Tried taming for the first time tonight. Have an Exo in the stable now. Tamed a Snable that left me since I can't handle 2. This was a fun unlock. +rep RobVee for a great thread and to you folks that contributed. Nice to get new skills! :D

- Jack
Thank you and welcome to the wonderful world of taming!

Just what I was looking for thanks...

+rep

Field Taming

Here is what I think is the scoop on the number of animals you can tame in the field.

Since I have opened 4 pets at the stable (31.25 Animal Handler Proffession) I have been slowly training and testing attempts to tame 4 pets in the field. I have tested at every .25 increment in either the Animal Handler or Animal Tamer Proffessions. Yesterday I was finally able to tame 4 pets in the field after just passing 31.25 Animal Tamer Proffession. (Level 31 and 16 of 64 bars at my resolution). I crashed just after the 4th success, so was unable to get a screenie. :(

If you think about it this sort of makes sense. You can open 4 pets in the stable at level 31.25 Animal Handler, and tame 4 pets in the field at 31.25 Animal Tamer. (you probably have to have both) This is probably true of all the other levels as well. (2 pets, 3 pets, 5, etc.)

Happy Taming!
- Vincere

Last edited:
Am at lvl 16 Animal Handler and approx lvl 14.75 Animal tamer and I am able to train a Dakiba Prowler but not a Stalker.:confused:

Made lvl 15 and am now able to tame a Dakiba Stalker : )

Last edited:
The handler/tamer dichotomy does make sense, good job Vincere.

The tamer standing will likely play a much more interesting role once other mobs are available and handler to give you ability to make them perform wider range of tasks.

However, since the skills are cross-pollinating (20% of tamer pro is handler and vice versa) they are quite intertwined.

Here is what I think is the scoop on the number of animals you can tame in the field.

Since I have opened 4 pets at the stable (32.25 Animal Handler Proffession) I have been slowly training and testing attempts to tame 4 pets in the field. I have tested at every .25 increment in either the Animal Handler or Animal Tamer Proffessions. Yesterday I was finally able to tame 4 pets in the field after just passing 32.25 Animal Tamer Proffession. (Level 32 and 16 of 64 bars at my resolution). I crashed just after the 4th success, so was unable to get a screenie. :(

If you think about it this sort of makes sense. You can open 4 pets in the stable at level 32.25 Animal Handler, and tame 4 pets in the field at 32.25 Animal Tamer. (you probably have to have both) This is probably true of all the other levels as well. (2 pets, 3 pets, 5, etc.)

Happy Taming!
- Vincere

Don't you mean 31 & 1/4 in Handling ?
I know for a fact that I didn't had to have any above 32 the first time that I could handle in the field and on stable (back then the actual level wasn't displayed but I'm sure by the reading of the profession standing that the average of skill related was bellow 3200)
Last time I've checked I was able to do both immediatly after level 31,25 in Animal Handler (but I think that I had 2 levels higher as Tamer)

I believe that it is still a little complicated to understand the taming system at the moment.

Don't you mean 31 & 1/4 in Handling ?
I know for a fact that I didn't had to have any above 32 the first time that I could handle in the field and on stable (back then the actual level wasn't displayed but I'm sure by the reading of the profession standing that the average of skill related was bellow 3200)
Last time I've checked I was able to do both immediatly after level 31,25 in Animal Handler (but I think that I had 2 levels higher as Tamer)

I believe that it is still a little complicated to understand the taming system at the moment.

DOOH! You are absolutly correct. I apologize for the error. Thanks MG Mighty! I will edit my post.

If you think about it this sort of makes sense. You can open 4 pets in the stable at level 31.25 Animal Handler, and tame 4 pets in the field at 31.25 Animal Tamer. (you probably have to have both) This is probably true of all the other levels as well. (2 pets, 3 pets, 5, etc.)

Happy Taming!
- Vincere

Yes I believe this is true. (And you don't need to have them both above 31,25 to tame 4 in the field, that I'm sure)

speaking of levels, what do you think the level may be where high taming hidden skills will unlock? I know MA probably doesn't have them yet, but I imagine 55 or 60 is right?

seems fun so far, but a bit on the expenisve side eh? why do the animal brushes cost so much? far and few between? demand is high right now?

kind of obscene how the snablesnot stands on one leg and flashes everyone :D

Let me give you a little tip: do NOT buy the brushes, there is no reason in the world to build up useless trust. Just use the animal to skill up.

level 2 and still can not do exas
Could be, the ability to tame an Exarosaur Young unlocks somewhere in level 2. Could be level 2 and 25% of the bar or level 2 and 75% of the bar.

If you know exactly, please post!

Let me give you a little tip: do NOT buy the brushes, there is no reason in the world to build up useless trust. Just use the animal to skill up.

sold my brush ^___^ thanks for the info

Glad to help, skill up, perhaps MA is waiting for the total taming skills in the game to be up to a certain threshold to do something about progressing the profession:)

You do gain skills while brushing, its about the only use i've found so far.

You need to brush to rise your pets level.
Level 3 is needed to make it autofollow (attention, sometimes your pet gets stuck and lost due to a bug!) and to change it's name (e.g. advertising).

So there is a need to brush, but not for skilling only.

The cost of skilling with brushing os prohibitve, so that is no use.

and to make it autofollow and name it...yes you need to brush it...but is it really worth it:)

You need to brush to rise your pets level.
Level 3 is needed to make it autofollow (attention, sometimes your pet gets stuck and lost due to a bug!) and to change it's name (e.g. advertising).

So there is a need to brush, but not for skilling only.

There is no need to brush them to get them to level 3.
You can rise in other forms, but it isn't cheap either.
(That's assuming that they still have some trust left).

Back