FYI: The chances of getting killed and looted in space

Well after a whole night in space, doing a full lap, landing on all space stations, we never came across one person trying to hurt us. :)

We even asked at the Pirate base if anyone wanted to come out and play, but everyone was busy :eek:

Got some fun pics of our round trip though :)

Calypso from space

Having fun

Arkadia from space

Inside the surgery in a mother ship

Pirate base 1

Pirate base 2

Pirate base 3

There are 2 possibilities A: a change is made to keep your welding wires safe or B: nothing is done and MA implants shops on the stations leaving us to fight fore it at ridiculous prices

I'd prefer a 3rd possibility: get rid of the stupid welding wire requirement.

thx alaina for the info about boxes and the pictures+++

I'd prefer a 3rd possibility: get rid of the stupid welding wire requirement.

You can thank the people repeatedly deliberately damaging their vehicles for that one. Same way we get unreachable mobs, regen and all the other changes over the years....

The wires are here to stay, same as the armor equiping fee. :(

You can thank the people repeatedly deliberately damaging their vehicles for that one. Same way we get unreachable mobs, regen and all the other changes over the years....

I would blame instead the true responsibles ...
Why not create more intelligent mob behaviors
Why not making the repeated damage of vehicles and repairing requiring more "human skills" in interaction ?

Throwing the blame at the scape goats doesn't fix the actual problems and most likelly will generate others.

So, do I understand this right, if your vehicle is destroyed in space, and you are looted, you lose all your welding wire and could be stuck somewhere without a means of buying more welding wire to repair your vehicle?

So... since you are out of welding wires and stuck at some odd remote outpost (that does have the space auction but no welding wire there that is affordable)... the only other way to get out is having a 2nd ship in your invent you can use you when the first one got blown up?!?

Oh and thanks, Alainax, for all the testing :)

New info just in on Entropia Forum
Oh thats good to know!
So... since you are out of welding wires and stuck at some odd remote outpost (that does have the space auction but no welding wire there that is affordable)... the only other way to get out is having a 2nd ship in your invent you can use you when the first one got blown up?!?

Sure no problem was fun! couldnt have dont it without my poor soc mates who let me blow them up :p:laugh:

if it were available from tt it wouldn't have been so bad, when I saw it in the vu notes thats what I was expecting but that it's crafted from L bp's :scratch2: it's becoming break one vehicle and buy another rather than repair it.

That the wire is lootable is a big oversight on something so vital for pvp, worse that it took the players to tell MA that they've made something lootable that shouldn't and this is not the first time it's happened. :rolleyes:

Maybe the auctions in space should be accessible to all planets just like how they sold the motherships but with an added transport fee. But then I suppose it gives a way for people to avoid pvp.

That the wire is lootable is a big oversight on something so vital for pvp, worse that it took the players to tell MA that they've made something lootable that shouldn't and this is not the first time it's happened. :rolleyes:

The "shocking" oversight of something that should not be lootable, is, is a rather minor issue out of a very nice space release.

The "shocking" oversight of something that should not be lootable, is, is a rather minor issue out of a very nice space release.

Not if your stuck on a space station with your entire repair kit gone and no way off.

Please excuse my ignorance. I don't quite know how this welding wire thing works yet. Is it that you need the wire in your inventory and that its used up as you use your repair tool? If this is the case, and if MA isgoing to try to remedy the wire-looting situation, I have a suggestion. Its my understanding that when your vehicle is looted its the stackables in the vehicle storage that gets looted and not the fuel oil (technically a stackable) of the vehicle. In the case of the wires, MA could change the repair tools so that the wires are added to the tool, just like the oil is added to the vehicle, to make it operable.

Is this a doable thing, or am I overlooking or just plain wrong about somethin? :confused:

Please excuse my ignorance. I don't quite know how this welding wire thing works yet. Is it that you need the wire in your inventory and that its used up as you use your repair tool? If this is the case, and if MA isgoing to try to remedy the wire-looting situation, I have a suggestion. Its my understanding that when your vehicle is looted its the stackables in the vehicle storage that gets looted and not the fuel oil (technically a stackable) of the vehicle. In the case of the wires, MA could change the repair tools so that the wires are added to the tool, just like the oil is added to the vehicle, to make it operable.

Is this a doable thing, or am I overlooking or just plain wrong about somethin? :confused:

they probably will

They'll probably make it like ammo, mind essence or probes - unlootable, rather than having to add it to anything.

They'll probably make it like ammo, mind essence or probes - unlootable, rather than having to add it to anything.

Kim from MA over at the EF forum already said that they are going to make Welding Wire unlootable. :)

Please excuse my ignorance. I don't quite know how this welding wire thing works yet. Is it that you need the wire in your inventory and that its used up as you use your repair tool?

Yup, that's how it works.

Back