The efficiency of scopes/lasers, Feb 2010

Another point of view:

You should test what happens if you shoot every round actually viewing through the scope and see what happens :)

:laugh: Great signature. :rofl:

sig.jpg

Another point of view:

You should test what happens if you shoot every round actually viewing through the scope and see what happens :)

I estimate >30% of my shots during the sumima hunts a few pages back were through a scope, which is completely irrelevant for the ~50% of Skill Modification provided by the sight attached directly to the carbine anyway.

I have a better idea, though. You test it. :p I'll wait to see what MA has to say since we've done enough testing to motivate enough support cases to finally get some kind of rise from it.

I think this thread should be re-titled to 'The INefficiency of scopes/lasers, Feb 2010

Not gonna let this die if you thought so MINDARK!! :) And now i'm gonna bug support again just because your to damn slow.

It must be nice to be in a business where someone can ask a simple question and not get an answer for months but you sill make money. I need to get in on that.

I am with you legion...never sureeeendeeeer :rofl:

seems they ignored the angry email to support :p So now i'm gonna make a damn petition instead!

They are trying to distract us by giving out free vehicles. :lolup: Don't give up on this please.

Well seems we finally gotten our answer.. HOW HARD WOULD IT BEEN MA TO JUST SAY THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!?!?!?!?

They first had to decide what they were going to change them to do. And add that into the game.

They first had to decide what they were going to change them to do. And add that into the game.

Well doh that we knew already, But they could easily have told us oops we screwed up.

hmm come to think of it i think i'm gonna request a refund for all decay on my scopes and lasers since they aparantly have done nothing!

Skill Bonus on Attachments . The skill modification effect now have a clarifying tool tip. The attachment gives a bonus to the user's hit ability and it has full effect when the target is on maximum weapon range. When the target comes closer the effect decreases and it reaches its minimum effect when the target is in the immediate vicinity. Since the effect is variable the hit ability parameter display is not affected by the skill modification.

Well they say the effect decreases with Range; they don't say that the decay also does.
So must one still only use Sights/Scopes on tagging weapons, and switch to a weapon without them at close range?

They also don't say if the effect applies to Maxed L weapons.

Well doh that we knew already, But they could easily have told us oops we screwed up.

hmm come to think of it i think i'm gonna request a refund for all decay on my scopes and lasers since they aparantly have done nothing!

I don't think we can claim the attachments didn't do what they say they do all along, as none of the tests were actually for max range effects, and in an overall use scenario, all the other shots (most of which would be unaffected) would have swamped the effect.

A more interesting question is testing what the attachments precicely do do right now.

So thats why one almost always misses the first shot when without them, because the HA is much lower at the guns max-range and one needs scopes/lasers to compensate. And at close range they do nothing as tests has shown. brilliantly thought out :D

/Wille

I don't think we can claim the attachments didn't do what they say they do all along, as none of the tests were actually for max range effects, and in an overall use scenario, all the other shots (most of which would be unaffected) would have swamped the effect.

A more interesting question is testing what the attachments precicely do do right now.

True. But the gun used was MK5 Mentor with 88 distance. I'd have expected some sort of bump in hit rate.

I killed droka and most were dead at my feet, with a minimum of shots at close quarters, but no increase at all in hit rate.

If they did work, they must only effect shots at above 88 distance. Also meaning anyone attaching them to handgun were robbed.

If they had no effect below 88 distance why did MA allow them to be attached to handguns.

True. But the gun used was MK5 Mentor with 88 distance. I'd have expected some sort of bump in hit rate.

I killed droka and most were dead at my feet, with a minimum of shots at close quarters, but no increase at all in hit rate.

If they did work, they must only effect shots at above 88 distance. Also meaning anyone attaching them to handgun were robbed.

If they had no effect below 88 distance why did MA allow them to be attached to handguns.

Max disance (and some distance nearer to the gun) of that specific gun, not of some absolute distance. So most effect would be in the maximum distance shots before the mob started moving towards you, and possibly during the next 1-2 shots, depending on the speed of the mob. So probably 4-5 first shots in total. On handguns you would get the same effect, except that you need to switch weapons so you get the first handgun shot off when the mob enters range. Affecting that rather often missing shot.

Of course, in this scheme (some top percenatge of distance is affected), it sounds like the larger the range, the more benefit (in meters) you get - so Marbers / DetPils (if those take attachments) at their max range would probably be the best test, as you would get several "enhanced" / "unenhanced" hits you can record while the mob moves to within the range of your regular weapons.

This is also why i kinda think first use longrange, then medium then pistol and then sword is what we are "supposed" to use. But most mobs are so fast so one would just skip the medium guns.

Have i understand things correcly:

1. We get more "miss" when shoot at a longer range.
2. With sights and scoopes we can decrease this penalty
3. We also get skills faster when useing them?

Have i understand things correcly:

1. We get more "miss" when shoot at a longer range.
2. With sights and scoopes we can decrease this penalty
3. We also get skills faster when useing them?

yep, i guess what they did was to reimplement the most likely missing features and added sib to them.

so in summation, they do what we realised once we had miss logs: sweet FA.

im not going to bother supposedly increasing my hit rate from 80%-85% for the 2-3 shots one gets a high range.

so in summation, they do what we realised once we had miss logs: sweet FA.

Yeah, I'm not overjoyed at the answer either. Since I shoot slow carbines, most of my shots are at close range. So I'd almost certainly have a better PED balance if I'd left them off all these years.

What I object to is the fact it was left unexplained for so many years. I'm all for MA leaving some stuff for us to figure out for ourselves, but has one single person in the last 7 years of EU been able to figure out this one for themselves?

Whether or not to use them or not now should be a fairly straightforward question of measuring the new extra skill gain they've been given, a fact that shows MA thinks no-one would ever use them again now that we've been told what they do.

Well, I'm not going to rant about it since MA have finally come clean, but it shouldn't have taken a mass-community action for that to happen. MA need to start showing more honesty and openness to the player-base to regain some trust. Let's hope this is a start.

Well done everyone btw, nice community effort.

Whether or not to use them or not now should be a fairly straightforward question of measuring the new extra skill gain they've been given, a fact that shows MA thinks no-one would ever use them again now that we've been told what they do.

Is there a specific description somewhere of exactly what they do now?

Is there a specific description somewhere of exactly what they do now?

The VU 11.2 notes (Yquem standing in for Bertha while she undergoes repair)
Attachment Parameter Changes
  • Skill Bonus on Attachments . The skill modification effect now have a clarifying tool tip. The attachment gives a bonus to the user's hit ability and it has full effect when the target is on maximum weapon range. When the target comes closer the effect decreases and it reaches its minimum effect when the target is in the immediate vicinity. Since the effect is variable the hit ability parameter display is not affected by the skill modification.
  • New Parameter on Attachments . A new parameter has been introduced on laser sights and scopes. This new parameter gives the user a skill increase bonus when the attachment is attached to the tool. The skill increase bonus of the attachment will affect the skill that the tool affect. The number does not indicate an actual increase rate percentage but a higher number is better than a lower.

Long story short, they work best at max weapon range, then get more & more useless.

The VU 11.2 notes (Yquem standing in for Bertha while she undergoes repair)

Long story short, they work best at max weapon range, then get more & more useless.

Thank you both, with all the hoopla about vehicles, I neglected to see the release notes. :ahh:

Skill Bonus on Attachments:
"Since the effect is variable..."

New Parameter on Attachments:
"The number does not indicate an actual increase rate percentage..."

So, basically... we still don't know EXACTLY how they work. :eyecrazy:

Meh

I'm underwhelmed, but at least we have an "answer". :rolleyes:

Back