"The Thing" Destination on ROCKTropia

It is I have seen both those movies....:D

did you go to the pictures to see the original one? :lolup: (dont press Enter EMW for god sake dont do it!!)

Reactions: das
I hope we'll get info on what this is soon:
Paavo PP Pesusieni is the first colonist to discover Arctic Truck 4x4! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Hahahaaha!

did you go to the pictures to see the original one? :lolup: (dont press Enter EMW for god sake dont do it!!)

You pressed "Enter"...:handgun: love it...;)

The new film is a prequel to Carpenters, allegedly its about what happens in the norwegian camp, before the americans get involved. Watching the trailer it does seem to have a lot of similarities with the 82 film, but personally i hope not too many. Carpenters film is a classic and couldnt be beat even with todays tech, it needs to create its own identity and not just rely on cgi dog-into-Thing morph and upside-down-head-spider. Carpenter got the t-shirt on that.

Can't wait to see the film:D

This does sound rather cool, and may bring a new player infklux to the game. I've been to RT a few times and have to say i acually found it kinda fun, a cross between duke nukem and GTA kinda.

Credit wher credit is due, nice surprise from NDS and ND, well done. :)

NO pictures yet?

I thought SEE Virtual Worlds had contracts with Universal Studios regarding the rights to create MMO around their intellectual property.

That's what all the press said. Suprising development

I hope we'll get info on what this is soon:
It's a vehicle that anyone can get for free. Very similar to the Saehrimnir. TT value is only 0.14 and it's limited.

Since it's only accesible via RT we know
i) it will be mega shit as it's remotely related to ND
ii) never visited as no one important ever visits RT
iii) will introduce a loot only found in killing 10000 daspletors in a mob with 500hp and does no damage whatsoever

hooray!

AMEN :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stepping back...Wow what a great concept! To be able to add content for more mature audiences in theaters in game! Pairing with an upcoming release is also a brilliant move for several parties. One of the best moves I`ve seen in game in a while. And I`ll say it again. The Thing 1982 ruled!

Since it's only accesible via RT we know
i) it will be mega shit as it's remotely related to ND

Except from a few downsides, it is actually a rather cool (and cheap!) way to spend a few hours :)

why

Why is their no pics? Is it me, or is ND the worst web site? There is like no information on anything, it's all so generic and bland. Why have we not heard about this until now? Can I see a friggin picture?
I'm just going... ummm ok...?? :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Well there was this http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

Saw it yesterday, but thought nothing of it.

Someone has to have some pictures, of give us an over view of what it is. A video would be even better. Willing to table dance for pictures and/or video. (In game of course) :laugh:

Hmmm ‘The Thing’, reminds me of….
Aaah the egg….

Now we know why the egg never hatched. :D

Or will it now on 'The Thing' ? :scratch2:

Wow!! Cool!

Just watched the stargazing vid..That looks cool!!..but where did they get the Parka?..Woot! Woot!:yay:

Damn I get there just enough time to see the stick monster and Star stopped recording :(

Just watched the stargazing vid..That looks cool!!..but where did they get the Parka?..Woot! Woot!:yay:

A mission. However, see point one below.

Well tell us all about it?? Or just tell me :)

Here is the list of downsides:
1) Mission reward clothing is (L), replaces armor and has only 10PEC tt (decay is 2PEC to put on).
2) Some mission parts are very confusing (and I do not mean in the "gotta think" way, that some others are, that I like).
3) Mission at the end is reset if killed, apparently, but it doesn't tell you that. It is also set in a PvP zone where PKers use high end RockTropia gear to slaughter people with the lowend "The Thing" gear, but only RT stuff is useable in this place so...
4) Off-planet vehicles are not useable despite there being on-planet versions of them.
5) Teleporters are shaped as helicopters and nearly impossible to use because you gotta get so close to its center.
6) Flamethrower is recieved from a crate, but trying to equip it you get the "Not useable on this planet" message.
7) The Wolf mob has very different health levels, even if they have the same L.
8) Only FAP useable on the planet is is RT faps and a (L) fap you get via a mission. However, there are no useable faps available from planet TT.

Marked the (imo) most important ones.

Other than this, it is very well thought through, nicely designed and with loads of great details in an interesting storyline with good NPC interactions and many missions along the way.

When finished it says its the end of episode one and that another episode is coming later :wise:

A mission. However, see point one below.

Here is the list of downsides:

Marked the (imo) most important ones.

Other than this, it is very well thought through, nicely designed and with loads of great details in an interesting storyline with good NPC interactions and many missions along the way.

When finished it says its the end of episode one and that another episode is coming later :wise:

I am still confused, its a area with quests? And you need RT gear to complete? Can any skilled player do them or high end ones?

I am still confused, its a area with quests? And you need RT gear to complete? Can any skilled player do them or high end ones?

They are quite easy and free to do. So i you are on the planet anyway then its well worth it. Otherwise give it a thought but if you aren´t into the theme then it´s prolly not worth it.

They are quite easy and free to do. So i you are on the planet anyway then its well worth it. Otherwise give it a thought but if you aren´t into the theme then it´s prolly not worth it.

LOL well curiosity is going to get to me and I just might have to check it out, besides getting tired of waiting for content on NI

LOL well curiosity is going to get to me and I just might have to check it out, besides getting tired of waiting for content on NI

curiosity just like the catsuit pic and the whip, this limited clothing is going to suck!

Are there missions with skill/attribute rewards?

i liked it short time i was there, really nicely done.

Only complaint is i have 2 handguns i can't tt - guess they will be in inventory a long time :D.

Can anyone explain this to me.

The release notes say that the update takes advantage of the new platform features for weapons (spread fire). It says that you can hold down the fire button and it will continuously shoot.

But I've been holding down the shoot button for ages and it's always worked. What's new about this?

I thought that perhaps this allowed for super high rate of fire weapons and it did away with that stupid loading bar, but after looking at star's video, the rate of fire is actually pretty low, it only deals damage every couple of seconds, even though it is animated to look like it is firing lots.

I don't know what to think? Did ND studios noob it up (by calling this a feature, when it is not, or by not making the fire rate high enough), or do MA really think this is actually cool or something?

This is The Thing

thething.jpg

(It seems the son of a tree and an Aurli; but, also his face looks like a vagina, so The Thing is a good name for this mob.)

Last edited:
Has anyone written a walk through yet? I am stuck finding the security card to repair the generator.

EDIT: for other readers the card is in a wrecked jeep on the road to the south of camp that the generator is in

Last edited:
Back