too many pets

• Thread starter Deleted member 23278
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23278

Seems some pet owners have forgoten about being considerate about where they place their pets..... can't wait for the next server maintanence, to restore swamp camp back to it's NATURAL ugliness :D

lol

Nice screen shot. So that is like the dog pound for eu now? Maybe a noob accidentally did a mob train of pets.

IMO they are placed as a mob barrier ;)

Isn't that the same as the border exploit.

Could be, couldn't care less...
I sometimes visit Swamp Camp for the Daiki's (Melee skilling)
But if I die, I die...

Don't really see the use for a mob barrier, they get locked anyway

Mobs that press against this wall of pets for too long eventually give the message "This creature is in a state where it cannot be sweated". So this isn't an adaption of the exploit.

Only way I could see the current placement being useful in anyway is that if a player is running a mob to the turret then the mob might get stuck on a pet for a bit before aggroing off onto someone else thus preventing the death of a mob that isn't dry yet. Although unless there is some form of Pet Owners Union, I doubt they all got together and formulated this plan :laugh:

More likely that each pet owner simply followed the last placement, and the first guy put it out front so you can't miss it

You should remember that our pet market is 'inactive' now, and we still have that many pets at camp :D . In a tamer's position, I'm quite happy to see such many pets in a place.

I cannot wait until we can have a screenshot with full of orange noobs riding Daikiba Stalker below their @sses :D

Pets at sweat camp are all billboards for people to either...

A) Prey on Noobs
B) Help Noobs
C) Recruit Noobs
D) All the Above

It don't do no harm really though, Its not like it lagging down the system though. Kind of humourus though because when I started(2 weeks or so) there were 0 pets there and few days later there was probably 3 or 4 then now it is like a huge line of advertisements you have to walk/run through or around.

Last edited:
basicly guys... they block the route of people and cause lag and make the place look untidy and the majority of them aren't serving any useful purpose... spend time there everyday and it soon gets annoying.

What's so dificult about having a little bit of consideration... oh wait.. clearley for some it is difficult :rolleyes: :D :D

Aaaahhhh there they are :duh:

IMO they are placed as a mob barrier ;)

i thought this is why we have turrets :smash: and do pets not auto stable after ** time of loging off or...

and do pets not auto stable

They do, if they are not watched. But, at swamp camp, there is always somebody watching, or cursing themselves for getting stuck in them yet again, preventing them from auto-stabling

:( BOB is to the side and not blocking anyone but i guess he can be a little in the way hes only out trying to find some bOOty :p

ROFL NICE SCREENY

i like the pets at swamp , atleast they come out of the stable !

imao u would sit in someonce locker waiting years for a pet VU !

let pets live even if they chosed swamp as there place :laugh:

hows about trying to live in harmony with em :scratch2:

Greetings Juicy :silly2:

ROFL NICE SCREENY

i like the pets at swamp , atleast they come out of the stable !

imao u would sit in someonce locker waiting years for a pet VU !

let pets live even if they chosed swamp as there place :laugh:

hows about trying to live in harmony with em :scratch2:

Greetings Juicy :silly2:

hey i like them too but there's a point where it just gets out of control LOL..bring on the server refresh!!!!

They do, if they are not watched. But, at swamp camp, there is always somebody watching, or cursing themselves for getting stuck in them yet again, preventing them from auto-stabling

yes indeed!!!

Neas has become pretty ugly too last time I visited, felt like a slalom to get to the ac :rolleyes:

I don't like them pets everywhere, they annoy me, but then again, I have sound off all the time anyway :D I do hope though that ma gets something done about them soon, as in give them a meaning to exist :yay:

They are nothing but laggy, irritating advertisements.

Another one of MA's brilliant ideas. :rolleyes:

they annoy me

If they annoy you, they interfere with your gameplay, especially if they are in the way. So, in that case, you may want to make a screenshot with the pet and the owners name visible (by scanning them) and filing a support-case, if you are annoyed enough

IMO its too easy to tame. Not to expensive, the price is ok but i think it should take a hell of a lot longer to learn to tame. Thereby, pets will become more rare and increase in value AND we will se a lot less of them in the cities and camps.
Now seeing a lineup of 10 mobs all with same owner actually is worrying, what happens when pets actually become usefull. If they are still as easy to get...took me 5-6 tries then all of entropia will we "swamped" with mobs making it a tad more difficult to hunt and run around.
FPC needs to adress the issue before they create a bigger problem than they allready have.

Seems some pet owners have forgoten about being considerate about where they place their pets.....

I'm not too bothered by the ones forming a wall, but there are often some placed really close to the containers and/or turret.

As somebody who often drops by Swamp Camp to heal the sweaters, I personally find the mobs in close proximity to the containers to be really annoying. I want to be able to see and target peeps and not some big ass Exa spamming tacky ads. :silly2:

Still, the last Exa placed right in front of my usual healing spot was advertising pets for sale at the shop next to mine in TI City. As those advertised were more expensive than mine, my steady pet sales got a nice boost, so I guess I can't complain too much. :cool:

The most inconsiderately placed pet I have seen so far though was at Nea's, where somebody had placed a small Daikiba at the top of one of the ramps leading into the service area, virtually blocking one side of the entrance.

IMO its too easy to tame. Not to expensive, the price is ok but i think it should take a hell of a lot longer to learn to tame.

Too easy? :eek:

Have you skilled up sufficiently to be able to control 3 or more pets, and are able to tame Daikiba Stalkers unassisted? I personally don't think that is too easy, and there certainly aren't that many people capable of doing both those. ;)

Just a brief update.. i don't know if it's this thread that made any difference but this screenie gives no reason to have a whine about pets at swamp.:D.

A big THX, it's very much appreciated when they are spaced out like this....

well... that can be nice to fing a huge amount of dung behind them every day (to help noobs a bit mmore :D), well, still most of them have usefull info for newcomers, and better when they stand in line than everywhere in swamp and making ppl miss them with untamed mobs(well mean for those smaller pets, usualy cant miss daiki stalker with young one) ;)

Back