Question: Top End Gaming Mouse for EU?

kygon

Slayer
Society
...Asylum...
Kygon Shr00m Infraction
I currently use an old MS Trackball Explorer and a Razer Copperhead with added weights (both plugged in at the same time normally) I fancy trying something new, my shortlist altho not heard much good about the MS one

I'm quite a Razer lover never tried Logitech but the G9 has me very very tempted, altho the Razer Mamba is looking really really nice but costs alot lol

whats your EU control method? tried any of these? hated em loved em?

Dunno what official reviews say about it but I use a Logitech G5 mouse.
Works fine for me. :cool:

get a mionix, best mouse i ever had, and it's lays so nice in ur hand :D

Sure the macro system could use a bit more work but they are improving it they promised :)

I once had a Logitech mouse and it was terrible.. I mean.. Really bad..

Razer diamondback I use right now, brilliant mouse.. If it was a woman I'd..

Appreciate it even more ;D

I dont pay much attention to the mouse, most of the time because of my internet connection or/and lag in game my actions are delayed (wiht the famous yelow lines in the mix :silly2: ), so i dont see advantage on upgranding my mouse for Entropia.
Ah ... i use a shity wireless mouse by th way :D

i love my logitech mx revolution...

all those extra keys are very nice for hunting...
google key => tp chip
forward key => gun
backward key => fap
side wheel forward => r (run)
side wheel backward => unequip
side wheel button => space (change from aim to curser mode)
normal wheel => normal funktions ;)
normal wheel left => k (skills)
normal wheel right => tagging rifle

i can hunt without even touching my keyboard ;)
well only works if u dont want to chat or noone is online :rolleyes:

the best is.. u dont got a wire and still can play for hours ;)
no batteries needed
ohh and its ergonomic so u actually can play for hours without ruining ur hand

and the little motor in the wheel is really fun ;)
u can just push the wheel and it will scroll for up to 7 seconds or more :D
(well actually not needed for playing but excel working with big tables or scrolling down internet pages is alot faster and funnier)

edit: did i mention that its really fun to play while lieing in your bed and EU is running at ur 40" HD TV ;)

Last edited:
I had one of the old type razer's, a boomslang, it gave me rsi.
Even now I get pain in my right forearm due to its crap buttons that gradually gave out forcing me to press ever harder to make them work until they'd fail and I'd have to replace the microswitches. The wheel broke as the rubber was only connected to its spindle by friction, so after a few months the rubber expanded and started slipping. I'll never touch one again.

Looking back, I can say it was the worst mouse I've ever owned.

I switched to a logitech mx1000 which is the best mouse I've ever had. Its big enough for my hand, which most mice aren't and reasonable heavy which is perfect for me. I like it so much I've got one at work as well. Sadly it's been obsoleted but the one that replaced it has interchangable battery packs and adjustable weight.

3 years in and the wheel is still perfect and none of the buttons have ever failed.

I've tried microsoft mice (don't have a choice as tech support) but they're too small for me and don't have enough weight, especially the cheap ons. The reviews I've seen of their laser mice weren't good but they were the early ones.

Last edited:
G5 still is the best mouse I think. The design of the G9 doesn't fit that nice in hand if you ask me. However, I also think that G11 still is the best keyboard and much better than G15.

I'm quite a Razer lover never tried Logitech but the G9 has me very very tempted, altho the Razer Mamba is looking really really nice but costs alot lol

So ur willing to spend 5K peds in a hunt and conform if you lose it all, but not 1.2K ped in a good mouse? lol talk about twisted perspective ;)

I used to have a Razer DeathAdder, was the best mouse ever to play EU, then got broke (after extended use) and i got a Copperhead- not nearly as good, but did the trick.

I'd go for the Mamba.

got to love some of those claims in the sales pitches. like who needs a 1ms reaction time mouse when, A) no human has reactions that fast and B) theres 40-200ms lag over the network :laugh:

still, nice to see some alternatives. i personally find most mice too small to be comfortable, id rather rest my whole hand on it so not pivoting on my wrist/tendons. that MX looks like it can do a job and usfull having extra functionality.

I used to have a MS Intellimouse which cost me about £30 - lasted 5 years, now I use the cheapest laser mouse that Argos sell (£5) and I prefer the £5 one.

A mate bought one of those Razor ones and I dont like it.

For FPS games I can imagine a more expensive mouse being worth it, but I'll stick with my El Cheapo. :)

g9 owner here. awesome mouse, won't ever downgrade again. before i had creative fatal1ty mouse, very good for use if you want it to last only 3-6 months. logitech g9 btw isnt for sale anymore, its the g9x now. small changes, good for a almost same model with the "new" price tag. anywho get one and never look back.

and btw, i don't just use it for entropia, its very good for various fps aswell due to the ability to change DPI to 4 different ones (the button is located just below your LMB if you'd look from the top)

I have a G5 and a G9
I love them. The weight custom ability, the on the fly resolution change, and the precision.

I thought the G5 was the best and that the G9 was ugly but once you start using the G9 you'll find that it's better.

I play quite a bit of FPS, which are way more demanding on mouse accuracy and precision, and very good ones for those are logitech mx500,510,518 as well as razer (not lachesis though).
Using a deathadder & mx518 at the moment

Had a Kensington bargain-bucket TrackBall since I got my PC; the RV's computer desk is only just large enough for Flat Screen, Keyboard, a static mouse and an ashtray.... however, it hasn't got a wheel...

But this has...
http://www.shop.bt.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=238Q#specifications

...and I'll be getting one very soon lol, actually get to use my scope after 3 1/2 years:)

(Didn't know if you'd seen this one)

Hurrikane

i love my logitech mx revolution...

all those extra keys are very nice for hunting...
google key => tp chip
forward key => gun
backward key => fap
side wheel forward => r (run)
side wheel backward => unequip
side wheel button => space (change from aim to curser mode)
normal wheel => normal funktions ;)
normal wheel left => k (skills)
normal wheel right => tagging rifle

the best is.. u dont got a wire and still can play for hours ;)
no batteries needed
ohh and its ergonomic so u actually can play for hours without ruining ur hand

and the little motor in the wheel is really fun ;)
u can just push the wheel and it will scroll for up to 7 seconds or more :D
(well actually not needed for playing but excel working with big tables or scrolling down internet pages is alot faster and funnier)

edit: did i mention that its really fun to play while lieing in your bed and EU is running at ur 40" HD TV ;)

i have the MX1000 and love it sounds and looks kinde like the pre-version of yours ...

off topic how did you set all those shortcuts to the mouse?

yes the mx1000 is the preversion of mine ;)

but the bad thing about the mx1000 is that the reciever and the charging station is combined.. sucks alot if u got a notebook ;)

the mx revolution got a seperate charging station and an usb stick :D

u can set all those shortcuts by using the logitech setpoint software...

this is how it looks...
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

its important that u choose those key binds only for EU otherwise ull have them in normal windows too

Most FPS gamers use Razer, im using the diamond serie.

yes the mx1000 is the preversion of mine ;)

but the bad thing about the mx1000 is that the reciever and the charging station is combined.. sucks alot if u got a notebook ;)

the mx revolution got a seperate charging station and an usb stick :D

u can set all those shortcuts by using the logitech setpoint software...

this is how it looks...

its important that u choose those key binds only for EU otherwise ull have them in normal windows too

never ever ever EVER use a coordless mouse :p

But look at this great great new mouse company www.mionix.net

reason? today there is NO lag anymore and the power lasts for 12h nonstop gaming or so

reason? today there is NO lag anymore and the power lasts for 12h nonstop gaming or so

hehe i know, i'm just oldschool :p

Depends on what your doing really, if your a super uber FPS player who needs those extra miliseconds, then a wireless mouse is out of the question. For something like EU.. nah.. your reaction times dont need to be that quick really....

Same goes with keyboards...

Although personally I will never use wireless until they get it just as fast as wired... (i play FPS outside of EU :) )

I use an old Logitech Mx500. It has a wire and doesn't have all those extra functions and tricks, just back and forward scroll and push functions on the middle button and a left and right.... don't really see what more you need. Oh yes , it also has some kind of menu function to scroll through all your opened applications(never used that one btw).

Have been over at friends places who have some freaky flashy so called game mouses that imo cost quiet enough but none feels as good as mine:)

The only advice I'd give is to never buy over the web, you need to feel it in your hand to know whether it suits your handling style. Do you use your palm or more your finger tips, do you use your whole arm or more of a wrist action.
In any event gaming mice are largely epeen for all but pro gamers imo.

I need this I have crippling RSI

this is how it looks...

looks comfortable too

I'd go for the Mamba.

looking like mambo or luthien suggestion, mamba may have quicker wireless speeds than even military spec shit lol

I am still doing to use my existing trackerball and mouse just add an additional choice for swap round, changing control modes helps the RSI stay away :)

Using Steelseries IKARI , but then i been hardcore FPS player some years and still do a lot of that , for EU well any mouse who just feels good in the hand will do , dont need an expensive gaming mouse (freaking hell the hitboxes is big like a house :laugh:) , so basicly i think its more about having many keeys, good quality and that it feels right :)

Back