Tracker shows more then 50% player drop in hunting globals!

Status
if you ask me..i hate thunderbird armour, distroy all loot...and realy..are not even mobs for electric

I have noticed a big drop in returns (hunting) is simply why I dont spend/deposit anything like I use to, infact im on the Corn mission atm and lost my ass yet again even tho today I got 3 maybe 4 gloabls (FAINTS) in one 200ped hunt so I was happy!! but not for long as the next run I lost all my profit and back to losing my ass again :rolleyes:

I dont mind losing im use to it but when you dont even get value for money is what is Pissing me off, ive noticed a big change and if MA think im going to pay for all this new stuff they can think again!

Anyway will see how the next few weeks go and if no change - not just with loot, the bugs also I think its time to leave or a nice long break at least!

Last edited:
No matter what happens to loot, there will be those that complain about the results. Entropia Tracker is a very nice tool, and it has improved over time to something that is very close to providing a viable source of statistical data (I download the raw data to do my own analysis ;) ). However, no matter how you spin the data the fact remains: it only records globals... loot greater than or equal to 50 PED. If the loots are balanced out to provide for greater "normal" loots then globals will not accurately reflect the returns for the community (not that it ever did ;) )

It's the only tool we have to analyze loots. In the Real World, there are dozens (if not hundreds) of reliable sources of economic information. What does EU have for it's RCE? A few basic graphs for in-game auctions and a third-party best-effort tool to track globals. If these tools aren't painting an accurate picture of how the EU economy is really doing, it's MindArk's own fault for not providing enough accurate data.
And if the globals have been balanced out with more minis dropping, complaints are deserved for not having informed of us. Not to mention if the loot system has been changed, they might need to be re-inspected to certify EU is not a fancy gambling system.

EntropiaTracker for a long time was counting teams as individuals (this was prevalent in the migration month, where ET was showing 12k people, whereas it should have been teams+people). It is only very recently that Starfinder noticed the error and fixed it. I suggest you contact him and ask for some precise info.

Oh and yeah, I got 1 global so far in 16k merp, 16k daikiba and 16k rippers, I wouldn't expect any different for anyone else doing 30-50hp mobs.

Immortal - Already commented on this.

:)

12K was when teams were included in the "XXX of YYY".... Without teams it was about 9'ish K... still a very big drop.. :)

getting crap all loot return in regular hunting and no chance of items... whats the point? wait for the next event. its what the smart hunters have been doing for years.

Imho, that nailed it down.

MM is coming, people saving PED for the event.

Those that are maxed on XT, don´t need to skill a lot, as they stand good chance on next UBER mob event where the nice items drop (check skylla event).

Why the hell go out hunt, if you can´t get any nice items from non-event mobs?

Skilling, yeah skilling needs hunting, but you can skill on low mobs doing the small Iron Missions (Merp, Daiki, Ripper), where globals are rar.

Most people just don't hunt. Those that used to, would rather not do it as they used to. And main reason is the loot system.
I am in the most active society in game. Or it used to be. I used to be the most active hunter in game. People (except for Alin who cracked the loot system) won't spend time to skill, because skills are worthless and average loot can not or can hardly be compensated by markup looted. All that considering that they are all using maxed weapons, have the skills to hunt any mobs and so on.
If having maxed skills, uber HP, uberish main weapon, high level fap results in hardly surviving and making a minimum profit after selling all loot in auction, not doing stupid things and playing smart, I can only imagine how hard is for people with a lot lower skills that do not use maxed UL weapons and can not hunt whatever they want whenever they want.

People in our society slow down a lot for exactly those reasons.

Note, that no one said that anyone is quitting. However, a lot of the activity on tracker was generated by those that are in or like people from mjau.

This game has a simple rule that I get and maybe we all get it: Adapt or die. Maybe the maker of the game should be aware of the fact that not only the players live by this rule. This apply a lot to the company as well.

Edit:
Note that I do not say that the loot is bad, that we get a lot less or anything like that. The problem is that the uber loots make it impossible almost to have a predictible outcome out of average loot, and that problem is not that you need hofs to break even. Giving enough time, you need uber loots to break even. You do get them eventually, but they have a sour taste if you are a regular hunter, and are only appreciated by those that are casual players and get lucky hitting a big one..

It's the only tool we have to analyze loots. In the Real World, there are dozens (if not hundreds) of reliable sources of economic information. What does EU have for it's RCE? A few basic graphs for in-game auctions and a third-party best-effort tool to track globals. If these tools aren't painting an accurate picture of how the EU economy is really doing, it's MindArk's own fault for not providing enough accurate data.
And if the globals have been balanced out with more minis dropping, complaints are deserved for not having informed of us. Not to mention if the loot system has been changed, they might need to be re-inspected to certify EU is not a fancy gambling system.

I could not agree more... especially the part I bolded. This is a real cash economy but we are very much in the dark in regards to how the economic system works.

Regarding not telling us...? I am not defending MA|FPC for keeping quiet... but let's say they did announce that globals & HoFs would be reduced to allow for more frequent 10-30 PED loots. How many ongoing and popular events would be suddenly dead? A lot of LA owners and event organizers rely on globals to track scoring. They would be affected overnight.

I know that may not seem like a big deal to many, but to those that are organizing or participating it is a huge deal.

The effect would be far-reaching, but I think the long term health of the economy outweights those considerations.

I say: give us the same economic indicators that any other civilization has.

... I say: give us the same economic indicators that any other civilization has.

I agree completely with this. The data exisits. Give us a peek at what is going on.

Regarding not telling us...? I am not defending MA|FPC for keeping quiet... but let's say they did announce that globals & HoFs would be reduced to allow for more frequent 10-30 PED loots. How many ongoing and popular events would be suddenly dead? A lot of LA owners and event organizers rely on globals to track scoring. They would be affected overnight.

In reality, the events would do just fine, because the players would have more consistent return, so they could hunt more. Same people would get the globals, the difference in numbers would be about the same between participants.

A system with lower globals and hofs and average loot oriented was when CND was sold. Then MA figured that gamblers deposit more. So they made it so all people gamble in EU by having lower average and high ubers.

You just say that it is better to have a gambling platform because it looks good in global chat for some people...

I say is better to make mobs that cost 500 ped to kill to drop those uber hofs and let the mobs that cost less to kill drop decent average. And then a lot of frustration will go away.

bugs and vehicles...ppl chose playing with vehicles that using bugged radar on no existing spawns

bugs and vehicles...ppl chose playing with vehicles that using bugged radar on no existing spawns

That is shallow. You actually think that any sane person that plays entropia and trusts the system would rather fly around instead of hunting or mining and skilling or whatever? If things would be good, people would forgive a small bug like radar... We had a lot worse in past.

That is shallow. You actually think that any sane person that plays entropia and trusts the system would rather fly around instead of hunting or mining and skilling or whatever? If things would be good, people would forgive a small bug like radar... We had a lot worse in past.

We've certainly had bad radar in vu9 with invisible avatars, we've had it freeze and we've had it hit it's maximum dots (but that was in PA when I started). We just got on with it.

Whats missing is the fun. People aren't willing to spend cash on games that aren't fun. If they're not spending then they're not globalling.

I could not agree more... especially the part I bolded. This is a real cash economy but we are very much in the dark in regards to how the economic system works.

I know that may not seem like a big deal to many, but to those that are organizing or participating it is a huge deal.

The effect would be far-reaching, but I think the long term health of the economy outweights those considerations.

I say: give us the same economic indicators that any other civilization has.

MA made such anouncements back when they made bigger Globals/HoF (upped max multiply factor for mobs, and more no orlesser loots) and they gave as a reason so they could drop (L) weapons at full TT, but this new (L) Weapons only needed such high TT because with their high Decay they wouldnt be usable if they had a TT like Korss 400 (L) and the decay MA gave them (Laser Weapons with Decay more or less only BLP weapons had).

So MA stated in the past that they upped Loot to HP max factor and therefore upping max loots for mobs and takeing from lower loots.

main reason is lack of motivation to play. why play every day spending k's k's peds always with same shit loot? loot is the most important in this game, not saying that all should profit but at least dont loose a insane amount of money. with this RL economy afecting Europe a believe life is dificult for everybody and MA should not only loot into their pockets if they want this platform to keep runing for many years!

In reality, the events would do just fine, because the players would have more consistent return, so they could hunt more. Same people would get the globals, the difference in numbers would be about the same between participants.

A system with lower globals and hofs and average loot oriented was when CND was sold. Then MA figured that gamblers deposit more. So they made it so all people gamble in EU by having lower average and high ubers.

You just say that it is better to have a gambling platform because it looks good in global chat for some people...

Not really what I am saying... just that many events currently running are based on globals. That's all...

I say is better to make mobs that cost 500 ped to kill to drop those uber hofs and let the mobs that cost less to kill drop decent average. And then a lot of frustration will go away.

I totally agree, BlackHawk. When I thought I had a shot at globaling on every mob I still remember how gutted I was killing Daspletor without a global (until Hoos fapped me and finally got a HoF ;) ). I could not imagine how a mob that costs so much to kill can only loot crap... I still can't imagine it to be honest. If someone has enough balls to go after huge health mobs like that, they should be rewarded more often.

MA made such anouncements back when they made bigger Globals/HoF (upped max multiply factor for mobs, and more no orlesser loots) and they gave as a reason so they could drop (L) weapons at full TT, but this new (L) Weapons only needed such high TT because with their high Decay they wouldnt be usable if they had a TT like Korss 400 (L) and the decay MA gave them (Laser Weapons with Decay more or less only BLP weapons had).

So MA stated in the past that they upped Loot to HP max factor and therefore upping max loots for mobs and takeing from lower loots.

I would love to see that post. Not doubting you, but I missed that one.

umm less hunter = higher mu, cant remember last time when spleen oil selling for 150%+, heck even adrenal and thyroid oil is selling on auction at higher then 102% now. fine hide/lots of components also went very high up in mu. and as much as i list it's all getting sold in less then a few hours so not sure what the problem is. i thought all the whining before was bout crap mu and stuff not selling but it's now on not enough ppl hunting?

I would love to see that post. Not doubting you, but I missed that one.

It is part of EU history. It happened few VU's before ambu/esto/allo/spider update....

Last edited:
How about old players quitting and new players quitting too due the loots they receive. new players won't progress and ma is stuck with the players playing at this moment. and the amount of players is constantly dropping...

What is happening ????
The number you got for 30 days at August 10th is directly after the Longtooth hysteria. People hunted them like crazy, many enjoy mobs like that, the rest was simply pushing to finish the iron challenge before the migration ended I suppose. So that numbers went down after that is not strange. I know I turned over way more than usual that month and so did many others as well.

Also, that people got upset about loot is not strange at all either, many are a bit ignorant and unaware of how loot works. Longtooths got high hp and were incredibly overhunted, two factors leading to higher ups and lower downs in how the loot is returned. People hunted way above their bankroll, didn't have enough on ped card to survive the bad spells on a mob like that, so they ended up being broke before tt compensation kicked in. On top of this, since LT were so overhunted, markup couldn't save you either (unless you had a big enough bankroll to be able to store up until later). Most stuff they dropped became tt food. A money sink really.

I suppose the above, of course together with stuff like the recent radar bug, all new missions to spend time on, lucrative mining markups etc explains the lower total number for 10.10 compared to 10.08.

I'm not plying less that I used to (cos doing that would be near not playing at all) I simply don't get globals any more, did the 1000 argo mission without globals, the 1000 merp and a few more.

I guess I should be driving or flying around cos I'm realizing that's what MA wants, and it's what generate profit to them! (please don't quote this to say that it is FPC and not MA)

I'm not plying less that I used to (cos doing that would be near not playing at all) I simply don't get globals any more, did the 1000 argo mission without globals, the 1000 merp and a few more.

I guess I should be driving or flying around cos I'm realizing that's what MA wants, and it's what generate profit to them! (please don't quote this to say that it is FPC and not MA)

No offense, but 1k merps are not expected to give you a global. 1k argo maybe. Actually you can do 10k mission on merp w.o global. THose mobs are simply too small and a global on merp is like a 600 ped on atrox. And that is not a common loot. They can't just give a hof to anyone who killed few mobs. Actually, you would do a lot better if you could never global on merps at all. You will have a better average and you could make proffit on them without ever globaling. But since you cry about not globalling on merp and many others do, I can understand why MA goes for the loot system as it is. And is a shame, because people like you won't have any joy in this game unless they hit a big one, and most of them won't, and they will quit most of the time. But on the other hand, this game is made to live on people who don't care to understand the game, but rather have an adrenaline rush once in a blue moon.

No offense, but 1k merps are not expected to give you a global. 1k argo maybe. Actually you can do 10k mission on merp w.o global. THose mobs are simply too small and a global on merp is like a 600 ped on atrox. And that is not a common loot. They can't just give a hof to anyone who killed few mobs. Actually, you would do a lot better if you could never global on merps at all. You will have a better average and you could make proffit on them without ever globaling. But since you cry about not globalling on merp and many others do, I can understand why MA goes for the loot system as it is. And is a shame, because people like you won't have any joy in this game unless they hit a big one, and most of them won't, and they will quit most of the time. But on the other hand, this game is made to live on people who don't care to understand the game, but rather have an adrenaline rush once in a blue moon.

As you said you canmake 16,6k merp young/mature without a global, I did not take separate numbers on hunting/mining, but I have to say I am more ore less break even. But becaus of the loot multiplier changes from MA in the past I saw several 1k+ Merp Young's (20 Globals would be much better to dish out instead one uber to one hunter)

Or do you think it is good to have:
(Thanks Starfinder for Entropia Tracker and Ihope it's not against EULA to display this data here)
- - - - - - - - - - Global Value - # Global - Average Global Value
Merp Young - - - 4,060.00 PED - 12 globals - 338.33 PED
Merp Provider - - - 166.00 PED - 3 globals - 55.33 PED
Merp Guardian- - - 399.00 PED - 6 globals - 66.50 PED
Merp Dominant -- - 327.00 PED - 4 globals - 81.75 PED
Merp Alpha - - - - 437.00 PED - 5 globals - 87.40 PED
Merp Old Alpha - - 409.00 PED - 5 globals - 81.80 PED
Merp Prowler - - - 175.00 PED - 3 globals - 58.33 PED

Over 4K in Globals and only dish out 12 Globals with that sum on the smalest mob..... CRAP!!!!!!!!
In view of the missions it seams the more a mob is hunted the lesser normal uber loots it gives and the more extreme loot it serves to the hunter and therefore redistributes the Money from the group to only a few lucky Avatars...

PS: My Avatar is much more lucky in mining so I most certainly broke even because of my mining profits.

Doesn't anyone remember the explanation Marco had given a couple years ago about the reasons for EXAROSAURS globaling and HoFing so much? :scratch2: More people hunting a creature leads to more globals for that creature.
So if everyone is now only hunting the mission-mobs, why aren't they globalling?

Doesn't anyone remember the explanation Marco had given a couple years ago about the reasons for EXAROSAURS globaling and HoFing so much? :scratch2: More people hunting a creature leads to more globals for that creature.
So if everyone is now only hunting the mission-mobs, why aren't they globalling?

if they've only assigned a certain amount for globals then it's not surprising that the massive over hunting caused by the iron challenges is causing an apparently low number of globals.

Status
Back