Transportation to other planets!

[Public] How should we transport to new planets?

• Total voters

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
So, all we have gotten to know about this subject from MA/FPC so far is that "the current hangars and spaceships will not be the only way to get to the new planets".

So... What type of transportation do you think should be used to get to new planets? :D

By player-owned spaceships I mean bigger/more than the ones we have now ;) cuz they ARE a bit small tbh heh

If you vote 'Other' please tell us what other :D

Last edited:
should be easy access...so free (i.e. no-fee) portals it is! :thumbup:

should be easy access...so free (i.e. no-fee) portals it is! :thumbup:

Yeah, as we want people to be able to move quickly through the universe without having to break the PED-card :D heh
If there is a fee it should be kept minimal!

Problems with fees would be:
- Little-to-none newbie movement between planets
- Restricted higher-lvl player movement
- Slower exploration between planets (some new players will start at the new planets ofc, but after that...)
- Complaints

Yeah, as we want people to be able to move quickly through the universe without having to break the PED-card :D heh
If there is a fee it should be kept minimal!

- Slower exploration between planets (some new players will start at the new planets ofc, but after that...)
- Complaints

I think MA will introduce bigger space ships and the owners will charge to move people. The current hangars will take less time so will be able to move people faster, bigger ships are more likely to provide a lower cost option but take longer to fill up, and maybe take longer to fly the trip.

In regards to problems you suggest:
I dont think brand new players need to move between planets so quickly anyway, the planet partner that spent the money to attract the player will hang on to them for a little while if there is a cost to move
I dont think a small fee will slow down higher level players and a fee provides an opportunity for businesses to be created (ie airline)
Not such a problem, there is enough to explore on each planet before people move to the next one
- Complaints
has this bothered MA in the past???? ;)

Dream mode on:

There is a new Spacestation near Crystal Palace in the orbit. You can only go by Spaceships there, but the great think is... from there you can travel to all other planets through a "stargate" für 5 PED only. A great thing is also the new Teleporter in the room in front of the gate. For only 10 PED you can Teleport to Crytal Palace and to CND. Due to the new technic you can also Teleport from CND/CP back to the "GateStation"

Pilots will allways be there to fly you down to Planet and on Plante you will allways find a Pilot at the TicketCounter.

............. damn i waked up.

voted Small-fee teleporters .. it's cool you don't have to wait

they got player-owned ships...but no bot-owned ships? I find that rather botist :mad:

Reactions: Ozi
I think MA will introduce bigger space ships and the owners will charge to move people. The current hangars will take less time so will be able to move people faster, bigger ships are more likely to provide a lower cost option but take longer to fill up, and maybe take longer to fly the trip.

Yeah... Bigger spaceships would probably have to have some kind of booking, kinda like:
1) Buy ticket at ticket counter (newbie job or terminal)
2) Get appointed time (set by pilot)
3) Wait until appointed time and get to the air terminal
4) Take a seat
5) Fly

Problems with bigger ships would be that more ppl are affected if pilot is late to the air terminal :D heh

also, people would probably complain if the pilot wouldnt wait because they are late... but that is IMO the customers fault in that case :)

In regards to problems you suggest:
I dont think brand new players need to move between planets so quickly anyway, the planet partner that spent the money to attract the player will hang on to them for a little while if there is a cost to move

heh yeah was thinking the same thing tbh, but this is things that people WILL see as problems, even if the reason is explained in such a good was as by you :)

they got player-owned ships...but no bot-owned ships? I find that rather botist :mad:

hm... letting the robots have a flight service? :eek:

Speaker voice (think Microsoft Sam): "Hello this is your captain speaking. We will soon arrive at the meatbag processing centers of Akbal Cimi.... Oh wait, did I say meatbag processing centers? I meant vacationhouse. In Next Island. Not Akbal Cimi."
Passenger: "Whoa, was worried there for a moment!"

i would hope to see player run ships, but wider selection than current with 2-10 seaters available. give many the option to run shuttle services, but also those willing to put lot of time and investment a good oppurtunity to establish "airline" carriers.

and if MA really is going to "open up space" then we will see something like that, as it is only 40 or so people can participate in space and i dont see MA spending so much development time for such a small group.

as an interim i think the existing setup will persist with MA run bulk carrier/teleport from the space port at CND.

as an interim i think the existing setup will persist with MA run bulk carrier/teleport from the space port at CND.

hm... how about a spaceship that can take 80 ppl or something? :D

Say that it would cost 150PED in fuel and stuff to fly to the closest planet, the pilot could sell tickets for like 10PED and he would only need 16 ppl to profit from it... Don't want to have too big ships that need to be totally filled to pay for the flight... would take too long to fill em up :rolleyes:

i dont see how other planet partners would be interested in MA charging people to get to their planets......
the hangar system(in my opinion) is only part of calypso. why on earth would you want to open a planet and then have the number of people able to get to it limited? makes no sense to me...i think it will simply be a portal with free movement to and from worlds...

just my 2 pecs...

i dont see how other planet partners would be interested in MA charging people to get to their planets......
the hangar system(in my opinion) is only part of calypso. why on earth would you want to open a planet and then have the number of people able to get to it limited? makes no sense to me...i think it will simply be a portal with free movement to and from worlds...

just my 2 pecs...

New planet partners are expected to bring their own customers into Entropia Universe. The last thing MA wants is to have everyone from Calypso jetting off to other planets for free (on the other planets MA loses half of their earnings to the planet partner).

New planet partners are expected to bring their own customers into Entropia Universe. The last thing MA wants is to have everyone from Calypso jetting off to other planets for free (on the other planets MA loses half of their earnings to the planet partner).

hmm didnt think of that....

So, all we have gotten to know about this subject from MA/FPC so far is that "the current hangars and spaceships will not be the only way to get to the new planets".

Care to provide a link to that quote?

If there will be player-owned flight to other planets, then MA will have to implement/fix the option to choose your own arrival zone. Technically for now all EU new players use PA NAZ, although a few years ago the game description stated a choice between PA and New Oxford.
If movement between planets will be for a fee, planet partners will want their own new players to arrive on their planets first (and probably never leave the surface, leaving Calypso out in the cold).

Yes, MA doesn't want players jetting off to other planets, because FPC planet is their daughter-company .... but look at that from the prespective of planet partners. Won't they create a fuss over empty planets, while PA and swamp camp will experience constant lag due to 1000+ players costantly there sweating and trying to sell their bottles (probably with little results, same as now) just to get PEDs to get away from Calypso?

As for other means of transportation .... How about player owned wormhole ... no Warphole terminals?
New use for ME ..... need shop and some terminal parts, just like hangars.
Then the owner uses Warphole chip that eats up his ME and sends one body to the exit terminal in another shop on another planet.

This one could solve lots of trouble.
- MA promised more use for MindForce
- Sweats become part of interplanetary travel (sweating profession revival)
- No need to wait until player fills up the ship
- Shop renaissance as multi functional areas
- Players will be encouraged to have shops on several planets to operate their own transport network (even hire terminal operators for their shops/terminals on other planets)
- It'll still have fees, so there won't be overwhelming amount of new players zipping back and forth

Maybe there will be different means of transport to different planets .... i.e. shuttle exclusive planets (CND style), portal planets, free teleport planets and so on.
That way, some planets could become high-level player exclusive, if they want, giving planet partners choice of playerbase ^_^

Eureka...lol I got it, I think I know what they gonna do:yay:

Everyone on Calypso has to pay to get out to other planets via ships. However coming to Calypso is free via teleporter ;)

Eureka...lol I got it, I think I know what they gonna do:yay:

Everyone on Calypso has to pay to get out to other planets via ships. However coming to Calypso is free via teleporter ;)

No Eureka .... I seriously doubt they'd want to agitate the investors.
They're doing their best to please uber players, who deposit nice sums of money (past or present). How do you think they will explain such policy to planet partners who have a signed contract. Planet partners are not players, they expect some service and won't tolerate disadvantages.

No Eureka .... I seriously doubt they'd want to agitate the investors.
They're doing their best to please uber players, who deposit nice sums of money (past or present). How do you think they will explain such policy to planet partners who have a signed contract. Planet partners are not players, they expect some service and won't tolerate disadvantages.

it wasn't a serious suggestion, just a silly post. Thought it was amusing at the time ...

I can't wait for the new planets, I hope they name one after me!

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

I`ve always envisioned just simply logging on to the planet you want to visit just like logging into Calypso. Unless your client loader changes depending what planet you are currently on. Think about that scenario. Do they modify the client loader to now carry news about all planets. Do they do away with that and direct you to other sites to see news blurbs? Will they create seperate client loaders for each planet? It`s now tabbed and perhaps there will be a tab with planet selections. It would still leave the option of flying in game open but also facilitate open access to all planets which any partner would surely want. After all you don`t stay on a planet when you log off so there would be no duplicity problems. Maybe people with more knowledge about game development and programming have some idea how it would be implemented.

Care to provide a link to that quote?

if I can find it, it is pretty old :laugh:

If movement between planets will be for a fee, planet partners will want their own new players to arrive on their planets first (and probably never leave the surface, leaving Calypso out in the cold).

All the new planets will have an arrival point where the players they have recruited will start, according to MA/FPC :silly2:

I`ve always envisioned just simply logging on to the planet you want to visit just like logging into Calypso.

Marco (or was it Frank?) stated in a recent Q&A or inverview that you will start where you last logged off in the universe...

Currently sitting in low orbit, Muhahahaha !

The space pirates are always near,
even if they don't plan to attack anytime this MA-llennium :D

pirate-space-ship.jpg

Marco (or was it Frank?) stated in a recent Q&A or inverview that you will start where you last logged off in the universe...

Yes, this is how it is from what I understand.

Your avatar logs back on where it logged off.

Otherwise transport between planets would never be necessary ;)

ah i voted for private spaceship :D

zoooooooooooom :laugh:

Currently sitting in low orbit, Muhahahaha !

The space pirates are always near,
even if they don't plan to attack anytime this MA-llennium :D

pirate-space-ship.jpg

... i can see it now, pirates boarding a transportation ship on it´s way back to planetside, looting all the passengers off their precious cargo...

...then maybe a spaceships ability to defend itself against a possible threat (i.e. from pyrates/scoundrels/villains/bad guys/random lowlifes etc)...will be a way to compete on the market, sayin "we can provide safe passage for our passengers etc"...

...still think that there should be free tp's to the other planets in the universe though...easy access or not, that's the question though... ^^

:lolup: This should take care of any pesky space pirates. Im guessing Neverdie will be the first on his block to have one of these . I think I'll sit back and see how this unfolds:coffee:

Reading some of the ideas and suggestions made me think of one....

First off, I think that the current player-owned ships will be useful to get to the planets...

However, in addition to that... perhaps a transport center (in different areas, set up rather like a mall) where players own transporters... (not every player, ofc... only those who can afford one... and, there will be either a monthly fee to the owner (paid to MA), or a decay cost, where they have to repair the transporter after X-amount of uses).. and each player will set the cost for anyone to use their transporter.

Now, yes, this would bring up the ever-so-popular price wars. I think the price would level out to be somewhere just a bit HIGHER than pilots currently charge... this way, pilots can still get their fares for the lower price, but those players in a hurry to get someplace can pay a higher fee and get there in 30 seconds.

or a decay cost, where they have to repair the transporter after X-amount of uses).

except for this it is a good idea :D imagine if ppl forget to repair the teleports? would be hard for ppl to find one that works :silly2:

Back